PDA

View Full Version : Memories: Let It Begin

DaveIsHere
05-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I think I cried when I first saw this on Opening Day 2006.

http://www.bluefoot.tv/espn1/

VeeckAsInWreck
05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Just to warn you, be prepared to be told how you shouldn't keep living in 2005.

Otherwise that's a cool video. :thumbsup:

NADA SURF
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM

http://www.bluefoot.tv/espn1/Very cool, thanks! I was late to that season opener in 06 and never got to see it on TV.

Harry Potter
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Words cannot describe the goosebumps I felt during the banner ceremony on Opening Night 2006.

(I didn't see that video until I got home from the game but it's definitely a keeper!)

kevingrt
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Awesomeness. I still get chills every time I watch anything to do with the '05 Sox. Damn, that was awesome!

MCHSoxFan
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM

WOW! I just saw this last night and cried over this last night! I was crying, my leg's were shaken, and I got the chills.

DaveIsHere
05-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I found it buried in my favorites. I don't try to recapture 2005, but that video is pretty awesome.

TomBradley72
05-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Choked me up a little. When that guy in the upper deck raises his arms up...that's the moment that gets me.

Never noticed that the "L" cars going by at the end had White Sox logos on them...nice touch.

twinsuck1
05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
That was awesome! I really like the way the players looked genuinely happy to see each other when they were hugging meeting at spring training. I get watery eyed and goosebumps all over whenever I see anything from 05 or If I even hear a song that was In anyway relayed to that season. My wife and kids can't understand it and think I am nuts. I don't know that I will ever feel that way I did then, i cannot believe how happy and that team made people. I wonder If they will ever really know just how much they did for the REAL Sox fans.... No matter what we will always have 2005!

LITTLE NELL
05-12-2008, 06:26 PM
The Tribune, Sun Times and all those other Cub Creeps can never take that away from us.

white sox bill
05-12-2008, 06:40 PM
The Tribune, Sun Times and all those other Cub Creeps can never take that away from us.
Thats right, the hell with curses,attendance trophies,frat boys,Wrigely experience blah blah blah. We got the real deal and they are just chasing it

soxpride724
05-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I heard a Cub fan say the other day, "We don't need a championship, it just makes you arrogant".

I smile to myself and remember stuff like this video here and, just know they will never experience this kind of joy, this is what it's all about!

Thanks for postin the vid!

:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
05-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I heard a Cub fan say the other day, "We don't need a championship, it just makes you arrogant".

Maybe Red Sox fans; but, certainly not White Sox or Cardinal fans. Great video; however, nothing got me more choked up than a) the banner ceremony and b) living in the neighborhood during October of 2005 and all of the partying that surrounded that month.

MarySwiss
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh, my God! That was awesome!

I taped the victory parade on WGN from start to finish, but it's beginning to fade. I would SO LOVE to be able to buy a DVD of it. But even if I never can, I still have my memories.

Even out in (Sorry, Dump! But deal with it.) Arizona. Watching the first WS game at Skip and Jan's in Tempe with other Zonies. Skip and Jan--lifelong Sox fans--were at the game in Chicago, coutesy of their son. But he called in and ordered a round of drinks plus free appetizers for all of us Sox fans back in Tempe!

Memories? NOBODY can take them away!

itsnotrequired
05-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Maybe Red Sox fans; but, certainly not White Sox or Cardinal fans.

What does this even mean? All these teams have recent championships.

:scratch:

southside rocks
05-12-2008, 09:39 PM

That and Rooney's last out call can both still make me tear up.

"And for this team, that has for so long been considered the second team in the second city, no more -- the Chicago White Sox are World Champions."
:D:

SoxandtheCityTee
05-12-2008, 10:10 PM
What does this even mean? All these teams have recent championships.

:scratch:

That winning did not make Sox and Cards fans arrogant?

What does it mean when someone asks what something "even" means?

chisoxfanatic
05-12-2008, 10:16 PM
That winning did not make Sox and Cards fans arrogant?

You hit it on the nail, SoxandtheCityTee!

Frontman
05-13-2008, 12:36 AM
What is the name of the song they used; and who is the artist on this video?

I had this on my myspace page for close to two years. Enjoy it while you can watch it, White Sox fans. They (being MLB) tend to hunt these down and ask them to be removed. But while we can, enjoy those great moments again.

itsnotrequired
05-13-2008, 02:07 AM

I am not without controversy and scorn.

LoveYourSuit
05-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Anyone have a copy of the 85 Super Bowl Shuffle?

DSpivack
05-13-2008, 01:16 PM

I had this on my myspace page for close to two years. Enjoy it while you can watch it, White Sox fans. They (being MLB) tend to hunt these down and ask them to be removed. But while we can, enjoy those great moments again.

I believe the website it's on is the company that produced the video, as I've had that bookmark for like two years now.

Ragator43
05-13-2008, 01:31 PM

Had it on my page too. The song is Wrapped In My Memory by Shawn Smith.

skottyj242
05-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Maybe Red Sox fans; but, certainly not White Sox or Cardinal fans. Great video; however, nothing got me more choked up than a) the banner ceremony and b) living in the neighborhood during October of 2005 and all of the partying that surrounded that month.

I thought you were afraid to walk around the neighborhood?

Frontman
05-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Had it on my page too. The song is Wrapped In My Memory by Shawn Smith.

Thanks.