PDA

View Full Version : ESPN BP feature on Foulke, most valuable reliever past 4 yrs

ode to veeck
05-02-2002, 12:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/bp/1375627.html

In spite of his only having two pitches, nice to see Foulke get his due respect, and this from the outfit that sees fit to list "Sosa's 2 HRs as Cubs lose" as one of the headlines on MLB home page, while no mention at all of the AL div leaders battle where Sox took Mariners to only their second road loss of the year

FarWestChicago
05-02-2002, 12:56 PM
Yep, Sham-ME was all over the ESPN Tabloid headlines last night. BTW, I can tell you've been out of town. That Foulke article is old news. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
05-02-2002, 01:09 PM
While I am not surprised at ESPN's choice of things to highlight on the MLB front page (after all, Jeff Zimmerman's surgery is of huge import to everyone, isn't it?), it does irk the crap out of me to see Sham-ME's meaningless zingers getting billing while the Sox taking 2 in a row convincingly from the best team in baseball gets shafted.

Redheaded stepchildren again, I guess.

cheeses_h_rice
05-02-2002, 01:25 PM
This is ridiculous.

Here is a list of the ranking of the teams whose games they highlighted on the ESPN baseball front page:

Red Sox/Orioles (1 vs. 20)
Cardinals/Marlins (16 vs. 15)
Expos/Astros (5 vs. 22)
Giants/Phillies (10 vs. 29)
Cubs/Padres (26 vs. 13)

And then the game they passed up:

Sox/Mariners (3 vs. 2)

Are zingers really that much more interesting that they overtake what was a good baseball game between 2 of the 3 best teams in baseball?

:shammy

I hit de ball. De ball go boom.

Spiff
05-02-2002, 02:53 PM
Speaking of ESPN errors, did anyone else hear Linda Cohn call Manos, "John Valenteen" this morning? Oy.

She always sounds like they just woke her up and shoved her in front of the camera, without seeing the highlights before or anything.