View Full Version : Best seats to watch baseball from

Fenway
05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
ESPN has updated a list from last season

The Bullpen Sports Bar at USCF comes in at #3

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=3387200

VeeckAsInWreck
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
What a shock Fenway Park is #1 and Wrigley Field is #2. Didn't see that coming.

ondafarm
05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I personally used to love outfield (especially CF) upper deck seats. Then JR called them the worst seats imagineable and of course, USCF has none.

Fenway
05-12-2008, 02:10 PM

The monster seats are very overrated and expensive ( $160 a game )

You can't see the entire outfield.....Monster standing room is OK for $30

the big plus is you can move around easily as you are way from the crowds downstairs

Hendu
05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Every fan also should consider experiencing at least one game from the waters of McCovey Cove. There, behind the right-field stands, kayakers can look up at the arched wall separating the ballpark from the sea, at the back of the right-field foul pole and light towers, and at the folks sitting in those great upper-deck seats around the infield.

How did this make it? Looking at the exterior of a ballpark for 3 or so hours (more if Zito's starting) and listening to the game on the radio is something every fan should consider experiencing?

doublem23
05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
I personally used to love outfield (especially CF) upper deck seats. Then JR called them the worst seats imagineable and of course, USCF has none.

Open concourse beyond the OF > OF seats

Chilli Palmer
05-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Scout Seats. The best experience I have ever had at a ballgame.

mrfourni
05-12-2008, 03:05 PM
I always thought that it would be cool to catch a game poolside at Chase field. I know its kind of gimmicky but i would like to try it someday.

As for the BPSB, I think the Sox could do a whole lot more with the area inside.

cws05champ
05-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh the quotes on the Wrigley Bleachers are priceless!! It's almost as if the Tribune wrote them. " The fans out in bleachers care whether they win or lose", " You are surrounded by true Cub fans enjoying great baseball"

These are paraphrases or shorten versions of what is said, but they couldn't be so far from the truth. They couldn't be more wrong about a good seat...I mean does anybody sit in the bleacher for a good seat to WATCH the game. If you want a party, great. But not to watch the game....it's too distracting out there.

MCHSoxFan
05-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Scout Seats. The best experience I have ever had at a ballgame.

Beat me to it! 130S ROW 1 SEATS 1-2 to be exact. Perfect view of the strike-zone (MOST batters are right-handed). All-you-can eat premium foods, soda/premium drinks, passing the vis. clubhouse, hear and feel the game and so much more. No, to be a bit more realistic...BOX531-533 ROW 1.

spawn
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
The best seat is by far my reclining sofa in my family room. :redneck

VeeckAsInWreck
05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh the quotes on the Wrigley Bleachers are priceless!! It's almost as if the Tribune wrote them. " The fans out in bleachers care whether they win or lose", " You are surrounded by true Cub fans enjoying great baseball"

These are paraphrases or shorten versions of what is said, but they couldn't be so far from the truth. They couldn't be more wrong about a good seat...I mean does anybody sit in the bleacher for a good seat to WATCH the game. If you want a party, great. But not to watch the game....it's too distracting out there.

It has to be some Tribune writing because the first paragraph for the Bullpen Bar seats has to state how it's "impossible for the White Sox to match the unique ballpark experience Wrigley offers". :talktothehand:

Dibbs
05-12-2008, 08:12 PM
The Bullpen sports bar is the third best seats to watch a game from? It is not even the third best option at US Cellular Field let alone all of baseball. That is a horrible list....especially with Fenway and Wrigley being one and two. The top of the monster is not that great at all.

chisoxfanatic
05-12-2008, 09:22 PM
It has to be some Tribune writing because the first paragraph for the Bullpen Bar seats has to state how it's "impossible for the White Sox to match the unique ballpark experience Wrigley offers". :talktothehand:

One of the things I love MOST about Comiskey is that it is NOT Wrigley!

The Bleachers are a top thing for one thing and one thing only: places you're most likely to get hurt.

Southsider101
05-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Let's remember that last year's ESPN Travel ratings for Best Signature Food and Hot Dogs rated Old Style beer at #3 and even quoted Ronny Woo-Woo. If cheap swill like Old Style ranks as "signature food" then there is truly no justice in life. Sounds like Zell and the Trib kool aid drinkers have been writing for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=2532700

itsnotrequired
05-15-2008, 07:48 PM
One of the things I love MOST about Comiskey is that it is NOT Wrigley!

The Bleachers are a top thing for one thing and one thing only: places you're most likely to get hurt.

Thank God nothing ever happens in the Sox bleachers.

:rolleyes:

tony1972
05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Thank God nothing ever happens in the Sox bleachers.

:rolleyes:

Hey ! what happens in the Sox bleachers STAYS in the Sox bleachers..:tongue:

itsnotrequired
05-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey ! what happens in the Sox bleachers STAYS in the Sox bleachers..:tongue:

Last time I sat in the bleachers, I was ridiculed for wearing a tie.

tony1972
05-15-2008, 07:57 PM

I saw the --bs game Sunday on TV (I left out the first two letters for my own protection) and they had a rain delay and were showing clips of games from the 50's and 60's....many of the fans were dressed in shirts and ties..........

clips from the 59 World Series at Old Comiskey...you see everyone is dressed pretty nicely...

now people wear flip flops to church..:(:

Elephant
05-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I hate the Bullpen's view. Is it a great place to watch a game? Yes, if you're drinking with friends. But I've never been a fan of the field level view, nor the outfield view. The Bullpen combines them.

whitesox901
05-15-2008, 09:00 PM

June 9th agianst the Twinkies im sitting in the bleachers!
SEC 160: ROW: 11 SEATS:1,2 (are thoose good seats?)

Im taking my sister (Tiggers fan), trying to convert her, maybe wearing a tie will get the job done! she always says my black tee's/blue jeans stlye is getting old anyways :redface:

(Come say hi! heckling her works too...)

MushMouth
05-16-2008, 10:13 AM
I love the bullpen bar seats...

beasly213
05-16-2008, 10:23 AM
June 9th agianst the Twinkies im sitting in the bleachers!
SEC 160: ROW: 11 SEATS:1,2 (are thoose good seats?)

Im taking my sister (Tiggers fan), trying to convert her, maybe wearing a tie will get the job done! she always says my black tee's/blue jeans stlye is getting old anyways :redface:

(Come say hi! heckling her works too...)

Yep those are good seats.

But I think almost every seat on the Lower Level is a good seat.

Personally I think the best seats are behind either teams dugout at Sox Park even with the pitchers mound. You get to see the ball movment great and watch the infielders react.

I'm also a fan of Any seats that are on the isle.