PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim May 12-15 Roll Call

Soxman219
05-11-2008, 08:46 PM
So who's going, I'll be there Tuesday and Wednesday with my cousins and uncle sitting in the lower level.

LoveYourSuit
05-12-2008, 12:58 AM
looks like you are on your own.

Represent us strong!

05-12-2008, 12:59 AM
I was thinking about coming up for one of the games but I am going to San Francisco later this week too.

kingpin_rcs
05-12-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm not going but I was there in May of 2005. Don't know if you've ever been there or not but the facility is not bad. It's older but but nice. There were many Sox fans there when I went. Have a great time.

BTW, I used to live in Munster, too (MHS 1986)

It's Dankerific
05-12-2008, 02:05 AM
I will most likely be at some/all of the games.

Hitmenof77
05-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Going all four days.

Had dinner tonight near where the Sox stayed and saw a couple players walking around.

minastirith67
05-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Going tonight and tomorrow...also going to be using Hitmenof77's advice for parking (thanks!).

SaltyPretzel
05-12-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll be there Wednesday and Thursday in my Baines jersey.

LoveYourSuit
05-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Going tonight and tomorrow...also going to be using Hitmenof77's advice for parking (thanks!).

:?:
Parking is only $5 when I was there a few years back, looking for a deeper discount?

Jimmy Piersall
05-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Wednesday & Thursday as well...we get Garland on Weds. so that
should be interesting.Bats are kind of waking up but Garland has been
stellar his past two starts after Angels made him watch tape of his
start vs. them in '05 playoffs.

05-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Parking is only $5 when I was there a few years back, looking for a deeper discount?

I was thinking about parachuting in actually.

http://www.leapfrogs.navy.mil/images/reds_front.jpg

Hitmenof77
05-12-2008, 11:49 AM

Yeah a couple blocks down is free parking.

SOX LA Mikey
05-12-2008, 02:02 PM
I'll be there 2night and Wed wearing my black 05champs sweatshirt
leaving work at 3 to hopefully get there around 5
free parking about 5-6 blocks west of State College Bl.
you gotta go down Gene Autry drive to the end
but dont get on the freeway ramp, go around it
otherwise it costs $8 to park in the Angels lot.

chisoxmike
05-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I'll be at the Wednesday game.

Streets
05-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Thinking about going to Thursday's game. I'll have to convince the three other gals on vacation with me to want to go!

dllrbll7
05-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I'll be there thursday night and cant wait!

jenn2080
05-13-2008, 08:15 AM

Ha. Have fun with that.

WS in 05
05-13-2008, 12:05 PM
flying out tommorow. Unfortunately I get in to late to make it there for the game but I will definetly be there thursday with my gray Konerko jersey on. Cousin bought tickets don't know where they are though. Is tailgating allowed?

dllrbll7
05-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Found out I'm 7 rows behind the sox dugout Thursday....kinda pricey but should be awesome seats.

SOX LA Mikey
05-13-2008, 10:35 PM

Thursday night is Angels 70's retro night
giving away early 70's caps and wearing uniforms from that era.

don't think it's going to happen but I'd LOVE to see the us
wear our red & powder blue Chicago white sox unis from '71-75 seasons

Jimmy Piersall
05-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Maybe they should be forced to wear the Bill Veeck softball
shorts until they get their **** together.A little embarrassment
is just about what this bunch needs.

jenn2080
05-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Found out I'm 7 rows behind the sox dugout Thursday....kinda pricey but should be awesome seats.

Sounds nice. maybe you can bring them luck. If you find Thome, Burls, and Paulie tell them they are needed at the nearest home plate.

DumpJerry
05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I've searched this thread high and low and have not seen any posts from the White Sox' bats.

Aren't they supposed to be at these games?

It's Dankerific
05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Let's just say they havent inspired me to drive through LA traffic from the westside to anaheim and purchase tickets just so i can be as tired as i was for work yesterday.

skobabe8
05-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Warning to Anaheim: Hangar was on my flight this morning. He is in your city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o::o::o::o:

chisoxfanatic
05-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Warning to Anaheim: Hangar was on my flight this morning. He is in your city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o::o::o::o:

Ha! I saw him at the Grinder Bash a couple weekends ago. We hung out there for about an hour and a half.

Hitmenof77
05-16-2008, 12:29 PM

I thought I saw somebody who looked like Hangar at the game last night. Oh the HORROR!!!!!!!

DumpJerry
05-16-2008, 01:46 PM
I thought I saw somebody who looked like Hangar at the game last night. Oh the HORROR!!!!!!!
During the gameday thread on here, someone posted how Garland kept looking back at Paulie who was on 2nd like he (Paulie) was Lou Brock.

I'm thinking Garland saw Hangar sitting in Left Field seats.

dllrbll7
05-16-2008, 03:38 PM

I did see Hangar at the game. He's heading up to SF too. He was on the first base side in the 200 level.

Alot of sox fans out last night which was really cool to see.

October26
05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Alot of sox fans out last night which was really cool to see.

Kudos to you and all the Sox fans at the game in Anaheim last night. The "let's go White sox" chant sounded great!

Blueprint1
05-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Went to the game on Thursday. Might be the worst ballpark food I have ever had.

Streets
05-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Was at Thursdays game... horrible hospitality shown by Anaheim fans!!

What's with having to get up and wait in line for two innings to get a beer??

Had Ehren sign my jersey tee before the game... AJ ignored us, c'mon four gals screaming your name wearing Sox gear???

We left our lame seats and sat with the group of awesome Sox fans in the left "bleachers" behind the pen. That was about 12 people strong chanting "let's go White Sox." Those Angel fans couldn't even muster anything to overpower us! After the victory one of the guys in our "new group" was spit on by an Angels fan, and kids were throwing nachos at us!

Overall... great game, terrible hospitality.

ChiSoxLifer
05-20-2008, 01:14 AM
How cool. I sat two rows in front of your group. There weren't many of us but we were definitely loud. I kind of got pissed off at a group of Angels fans who were insulting a much older Sox fan. Very classy people indeed.

jenn2080
05-20-2008, 08:11 AM

Had Ehren sign my jersey tee before the game... AJ ignored us, c'mon four gals screaming your name wearing Sox gear???

We left our lame seats and sat with the group of awesome Sox fans in the left "bleachers" behind the pen. That was about 12 people strong chanting "let's go White Sox." Those Angel fans couldn't even muster anything to overpower us! After the victory one of the guys in our "new group" was spit on by an Angels fan, and kids were throwing nachos at us!

Wow. The total opposite from when I was there. Other than one fan we were behind the fans were great.

Hitmenof77
05-20-2008, 10:42 AM

Yeah those seats by the bullpen are filled with *******s. Standing above the seats on the concourse is fine.

Streets
05-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Wow. The total opposite from when I was there. Other than one fan we were behind the fans were great.

That's only half of what we experienced!

Hitmenof77
05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
That's only half of what we experienced!

What else happened? Wed, I was walking near the RF patio area and these two Angel fans were trying to start something with a guy wearing a White Sox jersey. So I went up to the Sox fan and said 'Hey man. What's up?' to even up the odds at least. Those two, big brave Angel fans turned around and walked away.

Typical OC *******. Big and brave with a loudmouth until called upon.

Beer Can Chicken
05-20-2008, 03:29 PM

Yeah, no beer vendors, what's up with that? I thought I was losing my mind. I didn't really sit in the seats because we bought single seats but I was looking for them....
I asked a dude in the right field party area why there was no beer vendors and he said everyone in LA was already an alcoholic.

Jimmy Piersall
05-20-2008, 04:02 PM
As a whole,the Angel fans are a pretty tame group.Now anybody
going to any of the games at Dodger Stadium next month expect
to be harassed a helluva lot more than you did last week.The
Dodger fan temperament has changed since the O'Malley family
sold out in the 90's...many more ignorant *******s in these seats
than ever before.

Soxman219
05-20-2008, 07:12 PM
As a whole,the Angel fans are a pretty tame group.Now anybody
going to any of the games at Dodger Stadium next month expect
to be harassed a helluva lot more than you did last week.The
Dodger fan temperament has changed since the O'Malley family
sold out in the 90's...many more ignorant *******s in these seats
than ever before.

Yeah I plan to go back out there. My aunt is a HARDCORE Dodgers fan and sent me tickets for the middle game of the 3 game series.

As for that Angels series, I had a good time. There were a lot of hot chicks out there and most were single. It is not easy to talk to one, my cousin tried to pick up two but to no avail. They apparently have high standards:rolleyes:! Anyways I was so frustrated after the Tuesday game that I almost didn't come to the Wednesday game, but I'm glad I did!