PDA

View Full Version : Know Anything About Him?

Lip Man 1
05-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Someone named Nick Adenhart goes for the Angels Monday night. He's pitched in two games with an 11 and a half ERA. Anyone know anything about him?

Lip

TornLabrum
05-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Someone named Nick Adenhart goes for the Angels Monday night. He's pitched in two games with an 11 and a half ERA. Anyone know anything about him?

Lip

He'll look like Cy Young against the Sox?

Brian26
05-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Anyone know anything about him?

Lip

Yes. The Sox acquired him over the winter along with Howie Kendrick and Ervin Santana for Konerko and Crede in that fake trade. :D:

Hot Stove Wackiness (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96369&highlight=konerko)

DickAllen72
05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
He's supposed to be a good pitching prospect for the Angels.

DSpivack
05-11-2008, 07:13 PM
He's supposed to be a good pitching prospect for the Angels.

Yeah, I've definitely seen his name before in that regard. I don't know if he has that high of a ceiling, however.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/A/Nick-Adenhart.shtml

Sockinchisox
05-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Angels' top prospect, has control problems.

Daver
05-11-2008, 07:23 PM

Lip

High round draft pick out of HS, spent some time hurt, and has not yet mastered his control, though he projects to have a high ceiling. He reminds me a lot of Ryan Wing.

alohafri
05-11-2008, 07:40 PM

You beat me to that one! 3-0 Angels?

champagne030
05-11-2008, 07:50 PM

Lip

He's Nick AAAAdenhart at this point. He dominates Triple A, but I watched two (his only 2) starts this season for Anaheim and he lacked any control. He looks like Gavin Floyd from last August.........We'll probably play the role of Detroit. :(:

JB98
05-11-2008, 08:22 PM

I hope not. We know we're in trouble if Hawk is touting him as a future 20-game winner by the time we get to the fifth inning.

Jjav829
05-11-2008, 08:24 PM
He's one of the top pitching prospects in the game. But he's been pretty shaky early on.

FedEx227
05-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I hope not. We know we're in trouble if Hawk is touting him as a future 20-game winner by the time we get to the fifth inning.

But for once it might actually be true. It's when Doug Waechter, Kason Gabbard and Greg Smith are the next big things that I'm a little heart-broken.

thomas35forever
05-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Probably.:(:

Dick Allen
05-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Sox won't have a hit until the 5th inning.

bridgeportcopper
05-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Probably.:(:
He'll probably be reprising the roles of Greg Smith, Shawn Marcum and Andy Sonnenstine in tonight's episode of "Who shuts down the Sox while Mark Buehrle pitches another effective game and loses!"?

Droso5
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
He'll probably be reprising the roles of Greg Smith, Shawn Marcum and Andy Sonnenstine in tonight's episode of "Who shuts down the Sox while Mark Buehrle pitches another effective game and loses!"?

I hear that show as had strong ratings for the last couple of years.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-12-2008, 11:27 AM

Please tell me Anaheim does not have propane heaters in their dugout. :redneck

NADA SURF
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM

LipAdenhart was terrific in the spring and is the Angels' top pitching prospect...Mike Scioscia and the Angels are extremely high on him and he has a lot of poise and tremendous confidence in himself...He was on the cusp of making the big club after jumping from AA (I think?) and all the LA reporters were asking at the end of camp was whether or not he'd make the team...
He's very young and got roughed up his first time out. But he's going to be a good one. This will be an interesting start to watch...
His poise is quite impressive for a young kid.

NADA SURF
05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes. The Sox acquired him over the winter along with Howie Kendrick and Ervin Santana for Konerko and Crede in that fake trade. :D:

Hot Stove Wackiness (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96369&highlight=konerko)That would have been a spectacular deal for the Sox.

NADA SURF
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I've definitely seen his name before in that regard. I don't know if he has that high of a ceiling, however.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/A/Nick-Adenhart.shtmlHis ceiling is about as high as it can get...The Angels are expecting him to be their ace or one of them within a few years.

jabrch
05-12-2008, 03:51 PM
That would have been a spectacular deal for the Sox.

We'd be in last place in the central if we made that move.

It would have moved Swish to first, BA to CF, Fields to 3B and Santana in the 5th spot instead of Danks or Floyd.

We'd lose out in each and every one of those moves.

The only gain would be Kendrick over Uribe - and since Kendrick has been on the shelf nearly all year, that's no gain either.

This team has no reason to give up playing for this year - and we had no reason to do that over the winter either.

Adenhardt may some day be damn good. But he may never be better than Gavin and Danks, and they are both much farther along in their development. He may never be anything.

Craig Grebeck
05-12-2008, 04:22 PM

It would have moved Swish to first, BA to CF, Fields to 3B and Santana in the 5th spot instead of Danks or Floyd.

The only gain would be Kendrick over Uribe - and since Kendrick has been on the shelf nearly all year, that's no gain either.

This team has no reason to give up playing for this year - and we had no reason to do that over the winter either.

Adenhardt may some day be damn good. But he may never be better than Gavin and Danks, and they are both much farther along in their development. He may never be anything.
Yes, that Santana with his 2.63 ERA and 0.97 WHIP would be killing us. I don't really think Anderson/Swisher is any worse than Swisher/Konerko.

The Angels laughed in our faces if we proposed that deal.

NADA SURF
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM

Adenhardt may some day be damn good. But he may never be better than Gavin and Danks, and they are both much farther along in their development. He may never be anything.The Sox would have had a major upgrade at 2b and a clear No.3 hitter in their order for years...Santana would have been in the rotation somewhere and a deal could have been made with someone else..Adenhart is going to be a great pitcher...If that trade was possible today, the Sox would make it in a heartbeat and the Angels would slam the door. I seriously would consider Konerko/Crede for Kendrick alone.

hi im skot
05-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes, that Santana with his 2.63 ERA and 0.97 WHIP would be killing us. I don't really think Anderson/Swisher is any worse than Swisher/Konerko.

Doesn't matter if we can't give Santana run support...

DSpivack
05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
So I had definitely heard of Adenhart going into today, but just noticed Matt Brown is starting at 3B for the Anaheim tonight. Never heard of him.

BadBobbyJenks
05-12-2008, 10:20 PM
So I had definitely heard of Adenhart going into today, but just noticed Matt Brown is starting at 3B for the Anaheim tonight. Never heard of him.

Me either, but they just placed Chone Figgins on the DL.

Frontman
05-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Annoys me that the Sox got to this kid; only to blow any chance of getting back into the game when they went down by 1.