PDA

View Full Version : Crede hitting .357

Huisj
05-02-2002, 10:36 AM
OPS of .953 right now down in Charlotte. 3 errors through 22 games. How much longer can this kid be kept down?? I know there's no space for him really, but Valentin isn't doing much. I want Crede on the team.

duke of dorwood
05-02-2002, 12:16 PM
Agreed

MattSharp
05-02-2002, 01:15 PM
I said this a couple weeks ago and I continue to say to it now, no matter how they do it Crede needs to be starting. I vote for a platoon of Valentin/Clayton, since JM won't take The Choice out of the lineup for good......

Paulwny
05-02-2002, 01:19 PM
If someone goes up, somone goes down, who, Rowand, Liefer ?

mrwag
05-02-2002, 01:34 PM
I'd vote for Liefer going down.. What does he offer that Roward doesn't? I wouldn't mind seing a Leifer/Clayton/Paul trade package myself.

raul12
05-02-2002, 01:37 PM

How about JM and Nardi--they don't do anything good up here, so send 'em down to AAA where they can't allow their idiocy to affect the MLB team. although Nardi might f-up the remaining prospects that we do have--we'd become the Cubs Farm System--get all these great prospects and destroy them.

alohafri
05-02-2002, 02:02 PM
If only "The Choice" would start hitting so we could trade his sorry keester away. Package Royce and "The Butcher" for a semi-stud pitcher.

:hitless
Why do you think I am only hitting .200? No other team would put up with my shenanigans and attitude. I want to stay right here with Ghandi who loves me!

foulkesfan11
05-02-2002, 02:05 PM
I've been saying it since last year. Crede needs to be here. As far as sending someone down, as much as I'd hate to do it, it would have to be Liefer.

RedPinStripes
05-02-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I've been saying it since last year. Crede needs to be here. As far as sending someone down, as much as I'd hate to do it, it would have to be Liefer.

i think liefer is out of options. if joe keeps hitting like this, i'll bet they make room for him by the break.

OfficerKarkovice
05-02-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

:porzio
Charlotte here I come!

Foulke You
05-02-2002, 06:48 PM
You guys are crazy for wanting to get rid of Valentin for Crede. Have you all forgotten how many games Valentin has won for us the past couple of years? Let's face it, a BIG chunk of that 2000 Central Division Flag that is flying at Comiskey is a direct result of Jose Valentin's pure guts, pure hustle, and clutch hitting. The guy has more HRs than any other Sox SS in history. He had 28 HRs last year and missed a chunk of games with hamstring injuries!

Always be cautiously optimistic about prospects. Especially "can't miss" prospects. Remember how jacked up we were when Garland came up? We thought he was going to dominate right away. He didn't. For every Maggs and Paulie, there is a Mario Valdez, Mike Caruso, and (shudder) Chris Snopek. There is no guarantee that Crede will dominate at the big league level. This team is built to win NOW. This isn't the time to start developing young postional players with no experience at the big league level. I think this Sox team has a chance to do something special. If you are in a divisional series with Seattle and it is a tie game in the bottom of the 9th with Maggs on base. Who do you want hitting? Valentin or Crede? I go with Valentin any day of the week.

I don't dispute the fact that Crede looks to be a good player but taking him over Jose would be stupid. Now, I wouldn't be opposed to moving Jose back to SS and giving Crede a try at 3B but we all know Royce is here to stay, so for now, Crede will have to stay in Charlotte and keep his skills sharp.

doublem23
05-02-2002, 06:55 PM
One more year...

One more year.....

:crede
I'm getting shafted!