PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest catching stance I've ever seen

manders_01
05-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Luke Carlin is playing in his first MLB for the Padres. He squats down like every other catcher to start with, but then, instead of his knees being up in the air, he puts them down to the ground. :?:

I haven't seen much of the game (cause I'm watchin the Sox game :D:) but he seems to be able to move from the position pretty easily.

Daver
05-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Luke Carlin is playing in his first MLB for the Padres. He squats down like every other catcher to start with, but then, instead of his knees being up in the air, he puts them down to the ground. :?:

I haven't seen much of the game (cause I'm watchin the Sox game :D:) but he seems to be able to move from the position pretty easily.

I did that in pony league, till I got hit in the thigh with a wild pitch that broke my leg.

Bucky F. Dent
05-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Nothing beats the way Tony Pena caught.

TheVulture
05-11-2008, 11:48 PM
I did that in pony league, till I got hit in the thigh with a wild pitch that broke my leg.
If it hit your leg it must've been a passed ball.:redneck

eriqjaffe
05-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Nothing beats the way Tony Pena caught.That was the first thing I thought, too.

ondafarm
05-12-2008, 09:21 AM
I've seen a few guys who did stuff like that. For me, the rule always was if you can pounce on balls near the plate and throw from it, any stance is fine.

TDog
05-13-2008, 07:29 PM
If it hit your leg it must've been a passed ball.:redneck

Maybe it didn't get past him.