PDA

View Full Version : David Wells to the Bronx????

Fenway
05-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Hank Steinbrenner is thinking about it

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05092008/sports/yankees/boomer_ang__110042.htm

Madscout
05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Why not? I have wondered why the sox haven't looked at him. We could use his arm, even if he only comes out of the bullpen. The guy is a smart veteran pitcher who knows how to get guys out with or without his stuff.

getonbckthr
05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Why not? I have wondered why the sox haven't looked at him. We could use his arm, even if he only comes out of the bullpen. The guy is a smart veteran pitcher who knows how to get guys out with or without his stuff.
Wells is not better than anyone we have.

Viva Medias B's
05-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Hank Steinbrenner is thinking about it

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05092008/sports/yankees/boomer_ang__110042.htm

If Hank is thinking about it, he is as crazy as his father is.

Fenway
05-09-2008, 08:14 PM
If Hank is thinking about it, he is as crazy as his father is.

Crazy enough to sell Scout Seats for $2500 A GAME in the new park and selling them all.

Still it is driving the Steinbrenners nuts that they are chasing Boston now.

Now if they bring Roger back............

Viva Medias B's
05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Now if they bring Roger back............

If/when he comes back, will he appear in Hank's box?

Madscout
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Wells is not better than anyone we have.

Is he better than Mikey Mac, or possibly Wasserman?

Lefty34
05-11-2008, 02:43 AM

Why is there always a fascination with bringing in a "veteran" player instead of giving a young guy a chance? Bruce Chen and Mike Remlinger are perfect examples. I know that left-handed pitchers are at a premium, but to me there is no need to give guys that are way past their primes more chances instead of giving younger pitchers a chance to prove themselves or at-least make as many sub-par starts as the "veteran".

oeo
05-11-2008, 03:00 AM

:lol:

When? Three years ago?

David Wells is garbage, and will get eaten alive in the AL. I would honestly rather see Haeger.

oeo
05-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Is he better than Mikey Mac, or possibly Wasserman?

No and no. Anybody else you'd like to name?

Fenway
05-11-2008, 03:49 AM
If/when he comes back, will he appear in Hank's box?

With Suzan on WCBS :tongue: