PDA

View Full Version : I don't get

mack10zie
05-01-2002, 11:44 PM
why we pinch hit for Lee with the bases loaded when Carlos had just hit a home run in his last AB. Anyone know? I'm not watching the game so something might have happened, or the might have been some sort of error in GameCast, but it just seems weird to me. The only reason I can think of was to get a righty/lefty matchup, but seeing as how Los had just gone deep it seems to me that you should give him that AB, a big hit there and he could have been out of that slump of his for a while.

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 11:48 PM
I think it was because they were up by 6 runs and rowand was going in as a defensive replacement anyway. Or, Jerry was just smoking more crack.

harwar
05-02-2002, 10:05 AM
Yea,that pissed me off too.Heres' Lee finally putting together a couple of good at-bats and hes' prob looking forward to hitting and JM takes him out.I know he needs to get Rowand at-bats,but that wasn't the time.If Carlos gets his ***** together and his confidence back,then look out.We will hit our way to the playoffs and worry about pitching come the trade deadline.

doctor30th
05-02-2002, 10:21 AM
We were winning by a good amount. Lee had a good night. He was Right to let Rowand get an At Bat.

I'm sure if he let Lee bat someone would be on here saying:

"What the Hell, where up 6 runs and he doesn't let Rowand get an At bat. Jerry's a friken jaggoff!"

mack10zie
05-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Haha, yeah I see what you're saying. I know it's not a big move in the game, it's just that personally I think if someone hit a homer in their last AB, you should let them go for two in their next one in that situation. But hell, it doesn't matter, we won, and that does matter :D:

voodoochile
05-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Maybe JM was worrying about Lee swinging for the fences and putting himself back in a funk. With one HR already, Lee might have gone for two and that is exactly what we don't need him doing.

FarWestChicago
05-02-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Maybe JM was worrying about Lee swinging for the fences and putting himself back in a funk. With one HR already, Lee might have gone for two and that is exactly what we don't need him doing. :ray

Huh? What's wrong with swinging for the fences?

Soxboyrob
05-02-2002, 11:15 AM
If Jer Manuel had a problem with swinging for fences, Royce woulda been benched from day one. I've still not seen him adjust his swing to fit the situation even once. At least he's hitting us a few dingers, oftentimes in fairly clutch situations.

FarWestChicago
05-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
If Jer Manuel had a problem with swinging for fences, Royce woulda been benched from day one. I've still not seen him adjust his swing to fit the situation even once. At least he's hitting us a few dingers, oftentimes in fairly clutch situations. LOL, Babe Klayton does NOT get cheated. Hell, if he could hit singles he would have a decent batting average. There are no problems with his extra base hit numbers. :smile: