PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Lou... the quitter...

voodoochile
05-02-2002, 12:40 AM
Man, Lou just waved the white flag after Lee's HR. Nice to see that we aren't the only team whoose manager occasionally gives up, but I expect more from Lou...

He would have fought tooth and nail to get the umps to let them finish when the Sox were winning 3-0 in the 6th (and this one could have been called at any time), but the minute the team gets down by four in the 8th, he waved the white flag...

Ahhh... Chicago in May... Air so cold you can see your breath... Sideways rain... Wind at a steady 20 MPH with gusts to 30... What a night for baseball...

LuvChiSox
05-02-2002, 09:46 AM
I noticed that, too--also, old Lou left that poor guy in there pitching--I actually was feeling a little sorry for him--being out in the rain and all, but then I remembered that it rains in Seattle every day.

Lou was probably thinking that it's so early in the season that this game didn't matter much to him.

Procol Harum
05-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I think Lou was probably looking at the best way to--literally--cut his losses. They were getting spanked, it was a miserable night, and it was getting late. I think he conceded this one in an attempt to have the M's in somewhat decent shape to try and salvage the final game of the series. He knows he'd already lost the series, avoiding the sweep was the main consideration.