PDA

View Full Version : Rongey?

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Suspended, Fired, normal day off?

Lawrence Holmes doing the show today.

Kind of odd being that he has had a few bad weeks here with very tough calls. Rongey gets bent out of shape too easily. Maybe he needs the time off with this bad team.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
He's standing at a wedding in Pittsburgh. He'll be back on Sunday.

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM
did not know that.

got scared there for a second.

CHISOXFAN13
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM

Kind of odd being that he has had a few bad weeks here with very tough calls. Rongey gets bent out of shape to easily. Maybe he needs the time off with this bad team.

Suspended or fired? Laughable. Nice speculation!

Chris is out of town, standing up in a wedding and won't be back until Sunday.

Good for him. He deserves a few days away from the garbage that has become the postgame show.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2008, 01:37 PM
He's standing at a wedding in Pittsburgh. He'll be back on Sunday.
Phew! It just wouldn't be a Sox game with Rongey! Seriously, even after we get blown out listening to him will sometimes ease the pain. I loved that first caller in the rain delay last night, his response: "What? No! We're not going to do this all night!"

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Phew! It just wouldn't be a Sox game with Rongey! Seriously, even after we get blown out listening to him will sometimes ease the pain. I loved that first caller in the rain delay last night, his response: "What? No! We're not going to do this all night!"

LOL !!!

When Wills was here it never got this bad and we had some very bad teams too.

DumpJerry
05-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Rongey gets bent out of shape to easily.
:?:?

Rongey gets bent out of shape? When?

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:44 PM

Sorry corrected my spelling on that.

Thanks

SoxGirl4Life
05-08-2008, 01:44 PM

I don't think he does. Some (most) of his callers are certifiable lunatics.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-08-2008, 01:45 PM

I listened to the post game last night and Rongey went off on some guy named Steve that claimed that the A's had been trying to dump Swisher and that Kenny was stupid enough to trade for him. The caller also claimed that the A's offered Swish to the Cubs and they refused to take him on then the caller must have started to swear because it then sounded like they hit the dump button. Chris then went off calling this guy clueless and a numb nuts. It made for an interesting listen. It's a shame that some of these guys are representing our fan base.

DumpJerry
05-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Sorry corrected my spelling on that.

Thanks
I was wondering about your bent out of shape comment. I've never heard Rongey go on rant or otherwise lose it on air or in person. Just because he gets sarcastic with some of the dimwits who call in to the show, it does not mean he's losing it like "Sweet" Lou does....

kobo
05-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I was wondering about your bent out of shape comment. I've never heard Rongey go on rant or otherwise lose it on air or in person. Just because he gets sarcastic with some of the dimwits who call in to the show, it does not mean he's losing it like "Sweet" Lou does....
Exactly. If I was Rongey and had to sit there taking idiotic call after idiotic call it would get on my nerves as well.

Droso5
05-08-2008, 02:41 PM
He needs to tip a few glasses back while at the reception this weekend, talk about a well placed and much needs break from garbage callers and utterly insane fans talking about god-knows-what. He is taking a lot of insanity at a very early stage in the season, that is, before August. Usually around this time we hear some rumblings b/c of slow starts, blown saves and not having Aaron Rowand around, which then leads to the "passion and the fire" arguements. It seems with the latest collapse these vampires have risen from their slumber a few months early. The Ranger has no choice but to fire back, berate them, and then press the "dump" button.

The man needs a break. I bet he does some serious soul searching out there in P-Town.

ChiSoxGirl
05-08-2008, 02:51 PM

Kind of odd being that he has had a few bad weeks here with very tough calls. Rongey gets bent out of shape too easily. Maybe he needs the time off with this bad team.

Is it me, but did Lawrence Holmes sound completely monotone during the pre-game show? I know he reads a lot of what is said, but does it really have to make it sound that way?! :?:

Jurr
05-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I listened to the post game last night and Rongey went off on some guy named Steve that claimed that the A's had been trying to dump Swisher and that Kenny was stupid enough to trade for him. The caller also claimed that the A's offered Swish to the Cubs and they refused to take him on then the caller must have started to swear because it then sounded like they hit the dump button. Chris then went off calling this guy clueless and a numb nuts. It made for an interesting listen. It's a shame that some of these guys are representing our fan base.
The call ended with the guy calling him a company goon and an f'n something. The **** word actually made it before the dump button. Rongey said, "Thanks for being a d-bag."

VeeckAsInWreck
05-08-2008, 03:19 PM
The call ended with the guy calling him a company goon and an f'n something. The **** word actually made it before the dump button. Rongey said, "Thanks for being a d-bag."

The word made it? I didn't catch it. But I do remember him calling him a d-bag.

I doubt that Rongey would prefer to be at work today with the way the offense looks.

whitem0nkey
05-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Man yesterday was some nice rain delay radio.

I got a good laugh from the caller that asked him his fav all time white sox player.

I feel for him some times

Jurr
05-08-2008, 10:57 PM
The word made it? I didn't catch it. But I do remember him calling him a d-bag.

I doubt that Rongey would prefer to be at work today with the way the offense looks.
Oh, yeah it did. I finished watching the game on MLB tv, then clicked over to gameday audio. That was the last call I heard before going to bed. The caller clearly gets "f-ing" out before getting dumped.

ebit
05-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Man yesterday was some nice rain delay radio.

I got a good laugh from the caller that asked him his fav all time white sox player.

I feel for him some times

The second question the caller had was even better. I couldn't believe the sequence. For those that missed it it went something like this:

-------------
Caller 1: I can't believe Floyd screwed up yesterday like he did. It's a trend!
Rongey: He was perfect up until 2 outs...
Caller 2: I was going to say the same thing. So what's your favorite all time Sox player?
Rongey: What? I guess I like Frank.
Caller 2: Cool. What about Jerry Owens? He's pretty fast. Is he related to Jesse Owens?
Rongey: No, no he is not.
Caller 2: Ok cool keep up the good work!
Rongey: I think it's time for a break...
Caller 3: Hey Chris that first guy isn't a real Sox fan. He should go root for the Cubs. Any real Sox fan like me knows that the teams ERA is 2.88.
-------------

You can't write stuff this good. Hope he has a nice vacation. :gulp:

VeeckAsInWreck
05-09-2008, 10:26 AM
You can't write stuff this good. Hope he has a nice vacation. :gulp:

I bet there is no wedding in Pittsburgh. His callers have driven him to interview for the Pirates pre and post game show! :redneck

Droso5
05-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I bet there is no wedding in Pittsburgh. His callers have driven him to interview for the Pirates pre and post game show! :redneck

Good point. P-Town would be a great place for him to set-up shop b/c the Pirates fans have given up hope a long time ago.