PDA

View Full Version : Jersey lettering

Whitesox029
05-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Where is the best place to get a Sox jersey lettered? I had it done the first tme (Rowand) at this place on 75th St. in Woodridge, and it came back with Twins/Braves style numbers, so it doesn't look authentic. I want to get it redone because it's currently 33-Rowand, and I might as well get it done right this time. Also, should I go for Paulie, Buehrle, or an old classic that'll never be outdated, like Fisk? (It's the current home white jersey)

DumpJerry
05-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I always go to Grandstand. Just picked up a McDowell jersey they did for me yesterday.

southside rocks
05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I always go to Grandstand. Just picked up a McDowell jersey they did for me yesterday.

I read that quickly and thought you picked up a MacDougal jersey. My head almost exploded. :tongue:

VeeckAsInWreck
05-08-2008, 11:49 AM

That's awesome. I've always wanted to get a Ventura road gray. Maybe I'll go get it done there.

twsoxfan5

I second that. I have three jerseys from them and they all look great.

skottyj242
Triple Threat Sports for all things jersey related.

Chicken Dinner
05-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Where is the best place to get a Sox jersey lettered? I had it done the first tme (Rowand) at this place on 75th St. in Woodridge, and it came back with Twins/Braves style numbers, so it doesn't look authentic. I want to get it redone because it's currently 33-Rowand, and I might as well get it done right this time. Also, should I go for Paulie, Buehrle, or an old classic that'll never be outdated, like Fisk? (It's the current home white jersey)

Just keep the 33, ditch the Rowand, and put up a Vazquez. :smile:

DaBears
05-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I second that. I have three jerseys from them and they all look great.

Yup, Grandstand is the place to go.... they do a great job

DumpJerry
05-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I read that quickly and thought you picked up a MacDougal jersey. My head almost exploded. :tongue:
McNoodle couldn't hold Black Jack's jock.

scarsofthumper
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
8 - BELLE

/thread

GlassSox
05-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Grandstand is great for this.

Soxfanspcu11
05-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I agree with most people in this thread, The Grandstand is Awesome!!!

I couldn't even tell you how many things I have bought from there. I have had 5 different jerseys done there.

If you can't make it to the Grandstand though, for whatever reason, another place that is really good is that place across the street from the urinal.

The name escapes Me at the moment but it is that shop that is just South of the urinal. Right at the corner of Clark and Addison, the Southeast corner.

I wanted to get a jersey done at the Grandstand once but they were out of lettering and waiting on a new shipment to come in. They said it would be about 2 weeks and I couldn't wait because the jersey that I was getting done was a gift for My friend on his birthday and it was like 5 days away. So I went to that place across from the urinal and they got it done within 2 hours. I was really impressed by that. I was kind of aprehensive at first. Thinking that they would basically tell Me to go to hell because it was a Sox jersey but actually they were really cool about it. Everyone was super friendly and they treated Me great!

StatManDu
05-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Triplethreat ... great work, great prices, HUGE Sox fans. I wouldn't go anywhere else, including Grandstand

rdwj
05-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Do you have to BUY the jersey from Grandstand or Triple Threat or will they simply letter one you already own? What does lettering cost roughly?

twsoxfan5
05-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Do you have to BUY the jersey from Grandstand or Triple Threat or will they simply letter one you already own? What does lettering cost roughly?

I believe they will put the lettering on for you without buying the jersey at Grandstand but I would give them a call to be sure. The prices on the lettering depends on what kind you get (authentic or replica). The authentic have the alternate color around them and the replicas are just one single color. IMO the replica letters and numbers do not look all that great but that's just me. To get the authentic numbers on front and back with the name I believe it was $65.

skottyj242
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM

Triple Thread will do just the lettering for you. I don't know how much it is but I bought a jersey from SoxFest a few years back and they did it right there for like 40 bucks.

hi im skot
05-09-2008, 09:05 AM

No. I talked to one of the guys at Grandstand on Tuesday and he said to just bring in any jersey you want customized.

DumpJerry
05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
You can bring in your own jersey. However, state health laws require that the jersey be laundered and in good condition. It's all spelled out on Triple Threat's website. http://www.triplethreatsports.com/

rdwj
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
You can bring in your own jersey. However, state health laws require that the jersey be laundered and in good condition. It's all spelled out on Triple Threat's website. http://www.triplethreatsports.com/

So, the one rolled up in a ball under my bed that's never seen a washing machine isn't a good candidate? Got it! :redneck

esbrechtel
05-09-2008, 09:26 AM
for fear of posting copywritten material, TTS says due to MLBPA you cannot bring a jersey in to get lettered with the name and # of any current players on the roster...is this true?

rdwj
05-09-2008, 09:49 AM
for fear of posting copywritten material, TTS says due to MLBPA you cannot bring a jersey in to get lettered with the name and # of any current players on the roster...is this true?

I thought I saw that rule before, that's why I was wondering. Perhaps it's one of those CYA things.

Lorenzo Barcelo
05-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I thought I saw that rule before, that's why I was wondering. Perhaps it's one of those CYA things.

From their faq:
Can you letter a jersey I provide?
Gladly! However, due to MLBPA licensing restrictions, we cannot add the name/number of any CURRENT MLB players to your jersey. We can add any name/# to your NHL jerseys, and we can add personal name to your NHL or MLB jersey. If youíre sending the jersey in, be sure itís either brand new or freshly laundered. Illinois health laws prohibit us from working on worn and unwashed garments. Simply enclose customizing instructions and ship the jersey to our address, which can be found in the CONTACT US section of our website.

soxpride724
05-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Anyone have a ballpark figure on how much Grandstand charges?

hi im skot
05-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Anyone have a ballpark figure on how much Grandstand charges?

$40-60.

A lot of places will put any name on a jersey, regardless of player's status (active vs. retired).

Whitesox029
05-10-2008, 12:52 AM
$40-60.

A lot of places will put any name on a jersey, regardless of player's status (active vs. retired).
The first time I had this one done I got Rowand put on it, and he was on the team at the time, so not all places follow the rules. Of course, they used the wrong typeface anyway, so that was disappointing.

HomeFish
05-10-2008, 02:27 AM

Just say it's in honor of your buddy Moe Buehrle, who wore #56 in college and dreamed for playing for the Sox but never made it.

LongLiveFisk
05-10-2008, 09:32 AM
If you can't make it to the Grandstand though, for whatever reason, another place that is really good is that place across the street from the urinal.

The name escapes Me at the moment but it is that shop that is just South of the urinal. Right at the corner of Clark and Addison, the Southeast corner.

I wanted to get a jersey done at the Grandstand once but they were out of lettering and waiting on a new shipment to come in. They said it would be about 2 weeks and I couldn't wait because the jersey that I was getting done was a gift for My friend on his birthday and it was like 5 days away. So I went to that place across from the urinal and they got it done within 2 hours. I was really impressed by that. I was kind of aprehensive at first. Thinking that they would basically tell Me to go to hell because it was a Sox jersey but actually they were really cool about it. Everyone was super friendly and they treated Me great!

Yeah, I know what place you're talking about because I had a jersey done there too and they did an awesome job. This was about 5 years ago though, so I can't remember the name either....I'll post again if it comes to me. Agreed too that they were really cool, even after finding out I'm a Sox fan.

DumpJerry
05-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I know what place you're talking about because I had a jersey done there too and they did an awesome job. This was about 5 years ago though, so I can't remember the name either....I'll post again if it comes to me. Agreed too that they were really cool, even after finding out I'm a Sox fan.
I bought a World Series Locker Room shirt there in Nov. '05. They were very nice about it.

Of course I had to give the secret password for them to bring it out from the hiding place, they closed and locked the doors and pulled down the blinds. after the transaction was over, I was smuggled out the back door.....