PDA

View Full Version : Who is the LOUDmouth I hear at EVERY Sox home game?

BackInBlack
05-01-2002, 10:58 PM
You guys know who I'm talking about. This guy must make every single Sox home game. He's got a barreling voice and he's always the first to start the "Let's Go, Sox!" cheers. The dude is great, although I'm sure there's some who could do without his antics, lol. Somebody on this board's gotta know who I'm talking about.

Daver
05-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
You guys know who I'm talking about. This guy must make every single Sox home game. He's got a barreling voice and he's always the first to start the "Let's Go, Sox!" cheers. The dude is great, although I'm sure there's some who could do without his antics, lol. Somebody on this board's gotta know who I'm talking about.

That's Dan,also known as the Get Up Guy,he has been featured on FSN,and gets noted by Hawk in the booth often,he is a good guy to tailgate with.

BackInBlack
05-01-2002, 11:27 PM
Way to go, Dan! That's awesome. How exactly did Fox Sports Net FEATURE Dan? Was it a Sox bit or did it run in their national news or what? As far as that tailgate goes, you kill it he grills it? :-P

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 11:38 PM
He's a real nice guy and is chef when it comes to bbq.

LuvChiSox
05-02-2002, 08:36 AM
There are a lot of people who get annoyed by Dan, but as others have said, he's really a nice guy and great to tailgate with. He'll offer you food and drink if you stop by his truck before the games.

Dan is a police officer and a huge (in more ways than one)Sox fan. He may be a bit loud sometimes, but I'll take him over ronnie woo-woo anyday!!

doctor30th
05-02-2002, 08:55 AM
If I go to a game with my dad we get tickets that are usually right around him. He is a real nice guy, He just gets a little upset about some silly things.

(like Sox fans not standing and clapping and cheering real loud when there's 2 outs in the bottom of the 3rd inning no one on, we're leading and someone walks to the plate)

I mean I applaud the guys energy, and I'll clap and yell "let's go Maggs!", but just can't see myself getting up and cheering at that level unless its really warranted. He gets so ticked off if you don't and sorta yells at everyone behind homeplate because they won't.

I feel like saying hey, let us watch and enjoy the game we like to and you do it your way. Don't yell at us, we are here, and we are routing for the Sox, just not at the same energy level.

But it's ok, its rare that you see that much excitment in a person no matter what the situation. Plus It might have just been because the sox were losing last year.

JoeBatters
05-02-2002, 10:25 AM
The man has " Black , White and Silver " running thru his viens ! Yup !

uksoxfan
05-02-2002, 11:51 AM
I've got to agree with you all.........Dan is a great Sox fan & also a great guy. Last year he made sure I was looked after (& out of trouble :o: )when I made my first trip across the pond to visit.

I'm looking forward to meeting him again later this month......& after a few :gulp: :gulp: I'll probably be shouting along with him.......He's too big to argue with anyway! :D:

NorthSideConvert
05-02-2002, 05:31 PM
I'm sure Dan wouldn't be thrilled if people showed up when he tailgates looking to be fed. I tailgated about 10 times with him last year, there was always plent of food, but it would be better ifg you brought something to throw on the grill. I will be grilling up some teriyaki on Sat., if I can get someone to bring a grill and beer. I'm flying in on Fri. and wont be renting a car this trip, and the people i'm going with wont be driving, as we will take the L and close the stadium club after the game.

NSC

Cheryl
05-02-2002, 06:02 PM
Dan's such a generous guy, I don't think he'd care if you came by and mooched off him. But it is the polite thing to do to bring something along.

Bisco Stu
05-02-2002, 11:23 PM
"Hey Makisupa Policeman...

Policeman yelled at my game..."