PDA

View Full Version : White Sox mentioned on Conan O'Brian tonight!

Soxfanspcu11
05-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm sitting here watching Conan tonight (Wednesday) and in his monologe he mentioned our beloved White Sox.

The joke went as follows;

"Major League Baseball ordered The Chicago White Sox to get rid of 2 blowup dolls that they brought into their locker room."

Conan pauses and then says;

"Yeah, Major League Baseball said that The White Sox need to get the dolls back to Roger Clemens immediately!"

It was actually pretty funny, the way he delievered it and the crowd response was pretty good. Lots of Laughs.

I know it's a minor story but I thought that some of you might like to hear about it. I thought it was pretty funny!:gulp::bandance::D:

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:20 AM
I'm sitting here watching Conan tonight (Wednesday) and in his monologe he mentioned our beloved White Sox.

The joke went as follows;

"Major League Baseball ordered The Chicago White Sox to get rid of 2 blowup dolls that they brought into their locker room."

Conan pauses and then says;

"Yeah, Major League Baseball said that The White Sox need to get the dolls back to Roger Clemens immediately!"

It was actually pretty funny, the way he delievered it and the crowd response was pretty good. Lots of Laughs.

I know it's a minor story but I thought that some of you might like to hear about it. I thought it was pretty funny!:gulp::bandance::D:

This might be our only highlight this year.

I love Conan, can't wait til he moves the long chin guy out of his chair.

TitoMB345
05-08-2008, 02:54 AM
I love Conan, and I really fell in love with the beard. Bring it back, Conan!

PolishPower83
05-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Conan is a douchebag, but that joke is pretty funny.

SoxGirl4Life
05-08-2008, 10:12 AM
At least we weren't the punchline.

sox1970
05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
At least we weren't the punchline.

They certainly qualify.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Conan is a douchebag, but that joke is pretty funny.

:scratch: Did Conan wrong you in some personal way?

Anyway, I've been a Conan fan since he started in '93. I'm not too sure how he'll do on the Tonight Show because he won't be able to get away with as much stuff as he does in his current time slot.

Here's a funny bit about Grand Theft Auto IV.

0kgo0VXGixk

Shoeless_Jeff
05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey, they can't get rid of those blow up dolls. At this point, they have more trade value than a few of our players.

slavko
05-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Wasn't one of these dolls thrown out of the right field upper deck onto the field in the long, long ago period (40 years ago) at Old Comiskey? Where do you look this stuff up? I always wondered how the guy got it into the park, did he buy it a ticket, did he blow it up in the stands, etc.

Any help from you historian types?

PolishPower83
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
:scratch: Did Conan wrong you in some personal way?

I just hate how he asks guests questions just so he can tell stories about himself. His show should feature no guests, just him talking about all of the Star Wars Conventions he probably attends. I think Letterman is way funnier, even though Conan's beard was pretty bad-ass.

California Sox
05-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Lot of Chicago people work on that show. A couple of them are HUGE Sox fans, so it's not surprising they knew the story.

nasox
05-08-2008, 10:43 PM
I just hate how he asks guests questions just so he can tell stories about himself. His show should feature no guests, just him talking about all of the Star Wars Conventions he probably attends. I think Letterman is way funnier, even though Conan's beard was pretty bad-ass.

Letterman was funny 20 years ago.

chisoxfanatic
05-08-2008, 10:53 PM
They also gave Sox/Cubs a mention during the Stars/Wings game tonight. They were talking about Lebda and Chelios' defensive pairing, mentioning that both of them were from Chicago. They went on to say that the baseball fandom here is as opposite as the Democratic and Republican parties and that Southsider Chelios was a Sox fan, while Northsider Lebda was a Cubs fan.

I want Mags back
05-09-2008, 12:56 AM
They also gave Sox/Cubs a mention during the Stars/Wings game tonight. They were talking about Lebda and Chelios' defensive pairing, mentioning that both of them were from Chicago. They went on to say that the baseball fandom here is as opposite as the Democratic and Republican parties and that Southsider Chelios was a Sox fan, while Northsider Lebda was a Cubs fan.
do we credit Cheli as a Sox fan. I very much remember his "day with the Cup" when he brought it to Wrigley back whenever the Dead Things last won.

Nellie_Fox
05-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Letterman was funny 20 years ago.But Conan has yet to be funny.

TheVulture
05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I just hate how he asks guests questions just so he can tell stories about himself.

He only does that with the uninteresting ones.