PDA

View Full Version : The Error...

voodoochile
05-01-2002, 11:56 PM
Okay, I would have to see it a couple of more times, but it looked like Royce had a play and bailed out to save his hide...

Just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Randar68
05-02-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Okay, I would have to see it a couple of more times, but it looked like Royce had a play and bailed out to save his hide...

Unless he lost it because the runner was sheilding it, it looked like that was a play that could have been made. At least IMO, he should have gotten 1 in that situation.

cheeses_h_rice
05-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Konerko made a good throw. The perfect throw, based on the angle the runner was taking, would have been a bit more to the CF side of the bag, but still, Choice bailed because he was afraid of getting nailed by the runner.

The error was Clayton's, not Paulie's.

doctor30th
05-02-2002, 11:15 AM
I don't think so, Konkerko threw it into the runners back. I'm pretty sure it went off the runners shoulder.

I know you don't like Royce, but you can't blame everything on him.

Soxboyrob
05-02-2002, 11:23 AM
From what I could see on the replay, the runner would have been safe even if Royce catches it.

Paulie probably shouldn't have thrown it. Royce probably should have caught it. It did look like the runner's hand or helmet was either in the path of the ball or grazed the ball just as it was about to hit Royce's glove. Couldn't be sure. It isn't all Royce's fault, though. The throw shouldn't have been made.

doctor30th
05-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Man Stupid rain last night. You know Royce caused it. He just didn't want to play 9 innings.

voodoochile
05-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I don't think so, Konkerko threw it into the runners back. I'm pretty sure it went off the runners shoulder.

I know you don't like Royce, but you can't blame everything on him.

I don't hate Royce. I think there are better options that is all. Though for the most part he has done a fine job this year. What he lacks in average he is making up for with some unexpected power.

I was commenting on the play. I said I needed to see it a couple of more times - they only showed it twice and it was not a good angle. I didn't notice the runner's feet, so cannot comment on whether he would have been safe or out - but I didn't think the ball hit him. I thought the ball was catchable, if Royce sells out to make the play (which I would hope every member of this team would do in a 3-0 ballgame that could be called at any time...

You know not every negative comment about Royce is due to people "hating" him. Sometimes he actually DOES make a crappy play...

I know you members of the Anti-Royce Defamation League (ARDL) are sensative, but this is one of those moments you need to step back take a deep breath and look at what was written...

I don't blame Royce for the rain either, just FYI...

doctor30th
05-02-2002, 11:52 AM
Ok it was just a joke. Take it in stride there, it wasn't too serious.
It was actually quite light hearted, I wasn't truely being overcritical of anyone.

FarWestChicago
05-02-2002, 12:01 PM
You know not every negative comment about Royce is due to people "hating" him. Sometimes he actually DOES make a crappy play...:buddylee

Hey, watch it, voodoo. I'll unleash my posse on you!

doctor30th
05-02-2002, 12:04 PM
And to be proper I don't know what and Anti-Royce Defamation league is, I think it would be the Royce anti-defamation league, since they don't want him defamed not that they want the oposite of Royce defamed.

1. Not a member of either
2. I was being light hearted, maybe you should look at yourself when you say people should step back take a deep breath and look what was written.
3. People should really not take every post like a personal attack. Especially when they are not.

voodoochile
05-02-2002, 12:13 PM
First you write this questioning my objectivity...

Originally posted by doctor30th I know you don't like Royce, but you can't blame everything on him.

Then you right this...

And to be proper I don't know what and Anti-Royce Defamation league is, I think it would be the Royce anti-defamation league, since they don't want him defamed not that they want the oposite of Royce defamed.

2. I was being light hearted, maybe you should look at yourself when you say people should step back take a deep breath and look what was written.
3. People should really not take every post like a personal attack. Especially when they are not.

So, which is it?

BTW, you are correct, it would be the RADL. For someone who claims not to be a member, you certainly have the jargon down...

:D:

FarWestChicago
05-02-2002, 12:14 PM

3. People should really not take every post like a personal attack. Especially when they are not. If you were just joking, use a smilie or teal (the Official WSI Sarcasm Color), it prevents misunderstandings.

doctor30th
05-02-2002, 12:15 PM
I did type that, But it was light hearted, more sarcastic.

I wasn't like you f*n Bastard blame royce for everything.

I was being light hearted, lighten up.

FarWestChicago
05-02-2002, 12:16 PM
First you write this questioning my objectivity...

Then you right this...
Voodoo, use the multi-quote hack. It's perfect for situations like this. :smile:

doctor30th
05-02-2002, 12:17 PM
Sorry I know that too, I guess I just have a problem with using a color named teal.

FarWestChicago
05-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Sorry I know that too, I guess I just have a problem with using a color named teal. Yeah, but look at the bright side. CLR the Fish Fan doesn't like seeing teal used as the sarcasm color. So, I say use it often!! :D:

voodoochile
05-02-2002, 12:22 PM
Sorry I know that too, I guess I just have a problem with using a color named teal.

What you got against "Teal"? Don't make me get my brothers from the TADL to come down there and kick Royce's ass...

voodoochile
05-02-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yeah, but look at the bright side. CLR the Fish Fan doesn't like seeing teal used as the sarcasm color. So, I say use it often!! :D:

Fortunately he's the ONLY member of the DADL...

Soxboyrob
05-02-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
If you were just joking, use a smilie or teal (the Official WSI Sarcasm Color), it prevents misunderstandings.

I know I'm slow, but I never really knew what that Teal stuff was for. Great to have finally learned that tidbit.

FarWestChicago
05-02-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

I know I'm slow, but I never really knew what that Teal stuff was for. Great to have finally learned that tidbit. Yeah, that should probably be added to the board users guide or something.

Bmr31
05-02-2002, 01:17 PM
Man Stupid rain last night. You know Royce caused it. He just didn't want to play 9 innings.

LOL!!! yup, you got them about right......obsessed lunatics. :)

Bmr31
05-02-2002, 01:19 PM

okay why is this a thread? YOu guys are absolutely NUTS. No other player would have a thread because of a so called error. How many errors have the sox had this season? GET OVER IT!

voodoochile
05-02-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

okay why is this a thread? YOu guys are absolutely NUTS. No other player would have a thread because of a so called error. How many errors have the sox had this season? GET OVER IT!

No, that's not true. When a Sox player bails on a play, I will call him on it. So far, Royce is the only one I've seen do it. It was a problem for him last year also - and IMO one of the reasons they turn fewer DP's than with Jose at SS. I know they are leading the league in DP's this year, and I hope that trend continues, but I saw something last night that had a major impact on the game at the time of the play, and I added my $.02.

Why do you feel the need to defend Royce? This was not a personal attack on the man, but a statement about his defense, or lack thereof. As Manuel preaches all the time, "it is all about the we". Is Royce a part of the "We" has he bought in to the team philosophy? I don't know, but when I see him bailing on a play that, IMO could have been made it makes me wonder.

I am allowed to wonder about Sox players on the Sox board, RADL be damned...

Bmr31
05-02-2002, 03:24 PM

No, that's not true. When a Sox player bails on a play, I will call him on it. So far, Royce is the only one I've seen do it. It was a problem for him last year also - and IMO one of the reasons they turn fewer DP's than with Jose at SS. I know they are leading the league in DP's this year, and I hope that trend continues, but I saw something last night that had a major impact on the game at the time of the play, and I added my $.02.

Why do you feel the need to defend Royce? This was not a personal attack on the man, but a statement about his defense, or lack thereof. As Manuel preaches all the time, "it is all about the we". Is Royce a part of the "We" has he bought in to the team philosophy? I don't know, but when I see him bailing on a play that, IMO could have been made it makes me wonder.

I am allowed to wonder about Sox players on the Sox board, RADL be damned...

Disorders are treatable....

bjmarte
05-02-2002, 03:29 PM

That's right. Anyone who does not look, act, or think like BMR should consider getting help immediately!

cheeses_h_rice
05-02-2002, 03:39 PM
BMR, it wasn't just a regular ol' error. It happened to occur in an inning in which Seattle was threatening to take the lead on the Sox, and it had that feeling of "Oh no, here we go again."

My opinion is that Royce should have made the play and risked getting tumbled into by the baserunner. It was a tough play, sure, but probably should have been made. Royce not making the play provides a bit more proof for those who think he's great at handling regular, run-of-the-mill plays, but wilts when it comes to something extraordinary.

voodoochile
05-02-2002, 06:15 PM

So, what are you waiting for?