PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Bah! Postgame Thread

SoxSpeed22
05-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Well that sucked.

It's Time
Lots of changes need to be made on the offensive side. Not only that, Buerhle looks like a 4th or 5th starter right now.

KW, whenever you are ready.

Jurr
Blow it up. Please.

thomas35forever
05-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Forget about it. Pretend it never happened. Our bats will wake up (I hope).

Patrick134
05-08-2008, 12:28 AM
13-1, or 2-1, either one counts for one loss. Win the series tomorrow, and it's all good.

sox1970
05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Gotta ride it out til July. If they're done, then try to blow it up then.

Might be interesting to see if Buehrle would waive his no-trade to go to a certain midwest city.

Jurr
Jerry Manuel...is that you?
*tinker* *tinker* *tinker*

chisoxfanatic
I feel bad for chisoxmike right about now!

Patrick134
Gotta ride it out til July. If they're done, then try to blow it up then.

Might be interesting to see if Buehrle would waive his no-trade to go to a certain midwest city.

Mark will rebound and be fine.

southsideirish71
05-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Maybe Joe Cowley can tease us all with another "the reaper is here scary blog post on the Suntimes tabloid site." Until something tangeable is done, the millionaires playing the game, and the cushy hitting coach who seems to have a lifetime contract wont feel the heat.

Hawk started to complain about the weather. Last year it was cold as well. Hawk we live in the midwest, its cold every year until June. Welcome to Chicago. Enjoy your stay.

Something needs to happen because wasting ( Outside of tonight ) the great starting pitching we have seen is an embarrassment.

We are in 3rd place, and if we lose tomorrow and the Royals win, its 4th place. Time to hit guys. The West Coast trip awaits.

QCIASOXFAN
05-08-2008, 12:31 AM
We've been waiting since July 06 for our bats to wake up, it's not gonna happen. They might wake up one day but than they put the snooze on for the next 3 days. It sucks.

sox1970
05-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Mark will rebound and be fine.

That's not even a question. He will. But if Danks, Floyd, and Vazquez are all under control the next couple years, and Broadway, Egbert, and Poreda are knocking on the door, it should be considered.

Parrothead
05-08-2008, 12:32 AM
The real / 2007 MB and Sox are back...nice outing Mark. Maybe St. Louis would take him and salary now....for a bag of balls.

Kudos to the Sodfather and crew for getting the defensive play of the game and the player of the game for making the field playable. :bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
05-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Wake up the Lumber cheering her name,
Send a volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky.
What though the odds be great or small
The Old White Sox will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to victory.

Tragg
05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Can we get back to Swisher at leadoff. The Sox should at least try to score runs if they are playing the game.
Uribe and Cabrera should not be on any team's lineup at the same time.

cheezheadsoxfan
05-08-2008, 12:39 AM
So why can't we hit these soft throwers and does this bring up Walker again?:(:

Navarro's Talent
05-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Glad I missed most of this game.

ShoelessJoeS
05-08-2008, 12:45 AM
The real / 2007 MB and Sox are back...nice outing Mark. Maybe St. Louis would take him and salary now....for a bag of balls.

Kudos to the Sodfather and crew for getting the defensive play of the game and the player of the game for making the field playable. :bandance:Please tell me you're joking with this garbage?

Sockinchisox
05-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Oh man, that was the greatest call on a postgame show ever.

TheOldRoman
05-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Livan Hernandez is a terrible pitcher. By terrible, I mean he is horrible. He is listed at 33, but probably closed to 43. His best years are 10 mph and about 120 lbs behind him. He is coming off of two seasons with ERAs around 5 in the NL, and despite his early success, will be released by midseason.

This might be the ultimate humiliating failure and slap in the face for Walkerball. Sure the offense has been terrible since July of 06. They have failed against career journeymen, mediocre minor league call-ups, all lefties, and any ****ty pitcher who throws slower than 85. And while they crapped themselves against such greats as Wasdin, Tavarez, Rheinecker, Sonnastine, and "rejuvenated" the career of Mike Mussina for one night, this might be the worst of all. This is not just a bad loss, it is an awful loss. Livan Hernandez giving up 4 hits through 8? Throwing a complete game?! Disgusting. But, in our defense, was was DEALING tonight.

This team is leaps and bounds better than last, but there are a lot of similarities. The pitching was good at the start in 07, but a group of young, talented pitchers fell apart after being put into high pressure "we better hold them to 2 runs because we sure as **** won't score 4", playoff type situations every single time for the first two months. I am not saying that is the only reason they failed, but I think it is a big part of it. I hope this year turns out differently. I am not making excuses for Buehrle, but it can't be easy going into every game knowing you are going to lose if you give up 2 runs.

sox1970
05-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh man, that was the greatest call on a postgame show ever.

Steve....Steve...Steve

itsnotrequired
05-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Well, at least crappy WSI threads will live on for another day.

Sig update time...

Sockinchisox
05-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Steve....Steve...Steve

I feel sorry for Chris, I really do, but that call was a classic.

QCIASOXFAN
05-08-2008, 12:49 AM
That really was funny.

CHISOXFAN13
05-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Can we get back to Swisher at leadoff. The Sox should at least try to score runs if they are playing the game.
Uribe and Cabrera should not be on any team's lineup at the same time.

Swisher? You haven't been paying much attention have you.

cheezheadsoxfan
Steve....Steve...Steve

That's the second one Rongey's had to call a D Bag tonight. Either WSCR doesn't screen them very well or that's what they want to put on.

wsgdf
Is Orlando Cabrera a MASSIVE disappointment to anyone but me yet?

I'm still trying to figure out why he didn't go for two on Cuddyer's grounder right before the floodgates opened.

I look at Cabrera and his .550 OPS and overrated D and see Royce Clayton.

Am I alone here?

sox1970
05-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Swisher needs to concentrate less on blogging, dying his beard, and taking every interview he can. Start hitting.

TheOldRoman
05-08-2008, 12:54 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why he didn't go for two on Cuddyer's grounder right before the floodgates opened.

Am I alone here?
I think so. I haven't heard of anyone else on here being upset with his play thusfar.

TheOldRoman
05-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Swisher needs to concentrate less on blogging, dying his beard, and taking every interview he can. Start hitting.
More of this crap? :rolleyes:

sox1970
05-08-2008, 12:56 AM
More of this crap? :rolleyes:

Just trying to stir the pot.

He's trying too hard. He'll be ok, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sockinchisox
05-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Just trying to stir the pot.

He's trying too hard. He'll be ok, hopefully sooner than later.

I think he needs a day off in the worst way, but he had 2 hits tonight so he won't.

cnw8052
05-08-2008, 12:58 AM
You're not alone. I haven't been impressed with him at all. He can't hit, and he can't field. He reminds me of another Royce Clayton and/or Alex Cintron.

Am I alone here?

soltrain21
05-08-2008, 12:59 AM
How did we fall so far so fast? We went from 2005 and the first half of 2006 to this. How the hell did it happen?

Tragg
05-08-2008, 01:00 AM

Am I alone here?No. But the one who counts doesn't see it.
Ozzie has deemed his performance worthy of a promotion to the leadoff role.
The same thing happened last year -can't score runs, so Ozzie elevates the hackers.
Even around here, Swisher gets beat on, even though he is hitting circles around Cabrera and the rest.

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Sat in Sec 158 tonight right behind the Sox bullpen.

I have 2nd thoughts seeing Quentin up close when it comes to his defense in the OF. Makes JD look 21 again. Seriously, the guy has horrible reads on everything hit to him. You will not see this at home on TV, but check it out at the game.

Swisher not any better in CF either.

Reads are a big deal when it comes to OF defense.

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:03 AM

Am I alone here?

Scarry to say but the play of both Swisher and Cabrera with the bat makes wish we had Pods and Iguchi back in the 1-2....and I think those two suck too.
:(:

TDog
05-08-2008, 01:06 AM
You know the line about the little kid who is crying for no apparent reason and the parent issues a warning to stop crying or the kid will get something to cry about?

After reading droning on and on in multiple threads about Brian Anderson not being in the game in the ninth inning last night after a great win, it's like the White Sox gave their fans something to cry abut.

Parrothead
05-08-2008, 01:10 AM

Kudos to the Sodfather and crew for getting the defensive play of the game and the player of the game for making the field playable. :bandance:

Please tell me you're joking with this garbage?

Only about the bag of balls part. Maybe they could throw in a key chain, a free trip to Grants Farm and 6 pack of Becks (owned by A.Busch)

SoxandtheCityTee
05-08-2008, 01:16 AM
This was was my first game this year. :o::?::angry::whiner:.

It's been a long time since I went this late in the year before getting out to the park.

Let's just all blame me for this one. Sorry, everyone.

TDog
05-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Even around here, Swisher gets beat on, even though he is hitting circles around Cabrera and the rest.

Who are the rest? Is that like in the early Gilligan's Island episodes where "the rest" was the Professor and Mary Ann?

Swisher isn't outhitting Konerko. If he's outhitting Thome, he isn't outhitting Thome by much. He's not outhitting Dye or Crede or Quentin. Cabrera still has a higher batting average than Swisher. A few days ago, I suggested it might not be a bad idea to sit Swisher in favor of Brian Anderson, who is outhitting him. Granted, Swisher is outhitting Uribe.

Swisher is outhitting a couple of people. In this case, "and the rest" would stand for Uribe and Ozuna.

BadBobbyJenks
05-08-2008, 01:19 AM
You know the line about the little kid who is crying for no apparent reason and the parent issues a warning to stop crying or the kid will get something to cry about?

After reading droning on and on in multiple threads about Brian Anderson not being in the game in the ninth inning last night after a great win, it's like the White Sox gave their fans something to cry abut.

Or the high school cheerleader had a little too much to drink last night and fooled around with us only to shoot us down while sober tonight.

Parrothead
05-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Who are the rest? Is that like in the early Gilligan's Island episodes where "the rest" was the Professor and Mary Ann?

Swisher isn't outhitting Konerko. If he's outhitting Thome, he isn't outhitting Thome by much. He's not outhitting Dye or Crede or Quentin. Cabrera still has a higher batting average than Swisher. A few days ago, I suggested it might not be a bad idea to sit Swisher in favor of Brian Anderson, who is outhitting him. Granted, Swisher is outhitting Uribe.

Swisher is outhitting a couple of people. In this case, "and the rest" would stand for Uribe and Ozuna.

The Swish is out hitting Uribe, Ozuna and Ramirez. He is out OBPing everyone except Quentin, Konkero, Anderson and Thome

soltrain21
05-08-2008, 01:21 AM
I think it is time that the team ditches the chick scoping bench.

soltrain21
05-08-2008, 01:22 AM
The Swish is out hitting Uribe, Ozuna and Ramirez. He is out OBPing everyone except Quentin, Konkero, Anderson and Thome

That's really not impressive at all...

southsideirish71
05-08-2008, 01:23 AM

The blow up doll can handle a bat better than Uribe.

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:26 AM

The tallest midget .....congratulations !!!!

hi im skot
05-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Positives from attending tonight's game:

1. Gomes hitting for the cycle.
2. Buehrle attacking the dugout heater with a bat.

TDog
05-08-2008, 01:43 AM

I left out Ramirez because it didn't fit in with the Gilligan's Island analogy, and Ramirez doesn't belong in the major leagues. I left out OBPing because a) using such a verb could lead to revocation of my poetic license and b) walking and being hit by pitches do not constitute hitting.

The White Sox picked up only one walk tonight, and it was by Konerko. Tuesday, only Cabrera, Thome, Konerko and Dye walked, and on Monday, Konerko, Dye and Swisher waited in the ninth inning to pick up the only three Sox walks. Swisher's walk came when a hit would have tied the game.

It looks like tonight when Swisher had a 2-0 count on him when the deficit was just one run, he fouled out to the third baseman. You expect more on a 2-0 pitch, but hopefully that means he has developed an interest in swinging the bat.

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Positives from attending tonight's game:

1. Gomes hitting for the cycle.
2. Buehrle attacking the dugout heater with a bat.

1. Don't understand how #1 would thrill you as a Sox fan, and I hate that punk to begin with.

2. Did not see #2 from my seats. Well, at least MB showed emotion tonight for sucking so bad, something his team doesn't have.....EMOTIONS.

areilly
05-08-2008, 01:57 AM
I can say without hesitation that was the single worst game I've ever been to in my entire life. The 25-minute rain delay turned into an hour and a half, and that should have been a sign to go home. By the time Masset threw his first pitch, there were 20 people left in the entire right field section.

It'd be nice to say Player X really fell apart, or this one play opened the floodgates, or (cue Hawk Harrelson) the umpiring cost the Good Guys a win, but the sad fact was that every Sox player who stepped on the field tonight put garbage out there. Yes, AJP and Swisher had some hits, but getting on base in the 9th when Livan Hernandez is out of gas doesn't count - especially when you're down by 12.

areilly
05-08-2008, 02:00 AM
1. Don't understand how #1 would thrill you as a Sox fan, and I hate that punk to begin with.

The Twins fans in the upper tank LOVED that guy, even before he was halfway through the cycle. I think he's Twins backers' version of Erstad, Rowand, Swisher, or any other inexplicably worshiped outfielder the Sox have ever had.

hi im skot
05-08-2008, 02:03 AM

I like baseball.

erob3833
05-08-2008, 02:06 AM
game was downright depressing. well i'm off to bed to try and sleep this one off.

WhiteSox5187
05-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Well, at the very least we didn't waste a good pitching performance tonight.

If the Sox go out there tommorrow and get the win, we're in OK shape, but if they lose...well, they might be in for some hard times. We have to turn this thing around sooner or later. Because right now it is just embarrasingly bad.

TDog
05-08-2008, 02:49 AM
Or the high school cheerleader had a little too much to drink last night and fooled around with us only to shoot us down while sober tonight.

You see, my analogy is better because it a) isn't sexist and b) it addresses what I see as poor behavior this week by both the White Sox and many of their fans.

SoxGirl4Life
05-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm glad i fell asleep. :mad:

turners56
05-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Well that one certainly sucked, Buehrle lost it in the 6th (wasn't all of his fault, Quentin certainly didn't help him out in Left) and then smashed the heater. Hey, everybody needs to vent sometime.

I'm just sick of the team's inability to hit slow pitchers, this is stupid, you should crush pitchers who can't throw, Livan Hernandez was throwing in the low 80s last night, are these guys so used to 95 MPH fastballs that they can't hit high-school speed pitches? Pathetic, get rid of Walker right now, it's his fault that our approach against crafty pitchers sucks so damn much, this has been happening for freaking ever, I don't know if it's the advanced scouting or just that our hitters are all fast-ball hunters, but seriously, there's gotta be something more than saying "the players suck, blow it up".

Truth is, this team does not suck, they've played pretty good baseball in their 15 wins and pitched pretty damn well in most of their 17 losses, I can't believe how fast people forget what happened as recent as last night. If the team shows flashes of the fact that they can indeed hit, it's not the players that are the problem, it's the people who instill the team's mindset, the preperations, and everything that can affect the on-field performance, AKA the coaching staff.

I don't think Walker is doing the right thing when it comes to working with these hitters, no matter how experienced Jim Thome, Paul Konerko, or Jermaine Dye are, when they're slumping, they still need help in the cage. It seems like Walker is giving them the wrong help and setting them in the wrong mindset. Walker seems like he's doing his job by working with the hitters, but if it's the wrong thing that he's teaching, what's it gonna bring?

How come Orlando Cabrera and Nick Swisher hit so much better before? Swisher played in a pitcher's park in Oakland while hitting .260, Cabrera hit .300 in Anaheim, now they're in the low .200s hitting in a notorious hitter's park. Something's gotta give, it really isn't the players who are the ones to blame, if our coaching staff sucks and our advanced scouting is pathetic, this team will continue to suck, even with new players.

Law11
05-08-2008, 08:25 AM
What the hell happened. I fell asleep in was 1-0 in the 4th...
Glad i tuned out..

spiffie
05-08-2008, 08:27 AM
It looks like tonight when Swisher had a 2-0 count on him when the deficit was just one run, he fouled out to the third baseman. You expect more on a 2-0 pitch, but hopefully that means he has developed an interest in swinging the bat.
Welcome to WSI, where we would rather see a guy foul out on 2-0 than to work a walk. I'm pretty sure that this is where Dusty Baker will spend eternity if he is judged worthy of his own personal heaven.

VenturaFan23
05-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Pathetic. That's all that's to be said.

Soxman219
05-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Glad I went to sleep after it was 6-0. We are supposed to be hitting guys like Livan hard. Even i can hit off of him, his fastball is only 83 mph! It is embrassing that an opposing player gets a cycle at your place and you can't hit a softball pitcher.

That being said, I'm confident that the Sox will win today. Twins are known for scoring less than 3 runs after they score in double digits the previous night. We need this win today; we can't go out west playing bad baseball.

southside rocks
05-08-2008, 08:54 AM
I turned the game off when it was 7-0. I didn't think the Sox would come back or even make a game of it. I see they didn't do either.

I'm starting to slide into the 2007 frame of mind. It's bad ... Optimism is hard to come by for this fan.

I know that a lot of other teams are going through the same thing. They're talking about this on XM HomePlate right now, about the Padres in particular, and they're saying that this is what parity has done to both leagues. But really, does parity account for some of the just stupid baseball that the Sox have played lately? Ugh.

Frater Perdurabo
05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I don't think Walker is doing the right thing when it comes to working with these hitters, no matter how experienced Jim Thome, Paul Konerko, or Jermaine Dye are, when they're slumping, they still need help in the cage.

I went to a couple of Sox games in 1990 when the Athletics came to town. I remember watching the A's take batting practice. While other hitters were in the cage, the A's hitting instructor was working one-on-one with Jose Canseco, the most feared hitter in the majors.

The Sox pay Thome, Paulie and Dye big money to hit. If they don't hit, they are worthless.

Either Walker is working with them and his coaching isn't working, or he isn't working with them at all.

If it's the first, he's incompetent. If it's the second, he's lazy and clueless.

In either case it's a damning indictment of Walker's coaching abilities.

alohafri
05-08-2008, 09:44 AM
You are all dark clouds! It is only May! They are just lulling the rest of the league into a false sense of security!

At this point, I am just hoping they stay competetive and give us a few thrills. I seriously doubt this team's ability to make the playoffs.

SoxGirl4Life
05-08-2008, 09:47 AM
You are all dark clouds! It is only May! They are just lulling the rest of the league into a false sense of security!

Actually, the whole Central seems to be going through these same kind of fits and starts. I'm not happy with the way we've been playing, but we're not 10 games back either.

itsnotrequired
05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Actually, the whole Central seems to be going through these same kind of fits and starts. I'm not happy with the way we've been playing, but we're not 10 games back either.

Yep, no one in the Central is stepping up and siezing the division. You hear a lot of griping about the Sox not building a lead while the other teams struggle but the same can be said of the other teams while the Sox have struggled. Over the last 10 games, the Indians and Royals have played .500 ball while the Tigers are 4-6. Minnesota has gone 7-3 so they are making a move of sorts but the hole they put themselves in early means they only have a 1.5 game lead.

October26
05-08-2008, 09:56 AM
I turned the game off when it was 7-0. I didn't think the Sox would come back or even make a game of it. I see they didn't do either.

I'm starting to slide into the 2007 frame of mind. It's bad ... Optimism is hard to come by for this fan.

I know that a lot of other teams are going through the same thing. They're talking about this on XM HomePlate right now, about the Padres in particular, and they're saying that this is what parity has done to both leagues. But really, does parity account for some of the just stupid baseball that the Sox have played lately? Ugh.

I hear you, southside_rocks and I'm right there with you. I was so disgusted last night that I also turned the TV off after the score was 7-0 because the Sox offense looked dead - again. This is a Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde team. One day they look great and score 7 runs and then the next day they are flat. Last night was bad because the pitching and offense were both bad. I think during the losing streak, I kept saying to myself, well "At least the pitching has been superb." But last night, I just turned it off and went to bed.

I just wish this team could play consistent baseball. They started off the year so well (remember the first couple of weeks in April) and now they are in a downward spiral. There is talent on this team - but for some reason, they are not executing. Today, we look to the kid John Danks to deliver another solid pitching performance and hopefully the offense can show up and play.

stl_sox_fan
05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Yikes. I went to bed when it was 7-0. I'll have to replay the 9th to see what in the world happened. Wasserman with the nice 32+ ERA. Buying the Extra Innings package really has been a double edged sword. Good news I get to watch the Sox....bad news I get to watch the Sox play bad ball.

Who would have thunk that statistically Buehrle is our worst starter?

soxfan21
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
This game was just ridiculous. I ended up turning it off when it was 7-0 because I was so pissed and needed to just relax. After a few of my buddies and I went out, I asked one of my friends what the score was and he said 13-1. I did not believe it until I looked down at his phone and saw the score. Just ridiculous. Hopefully Danks and our bats come to play tonite and we can bounce back from this one.

alohafri
05-08-2008, 12:21 PM

May 8 is too early to watch the standings IMO. I heard a Dodger announcer say during yesterday's blowout, "it is pretty much a given that each team will win 60 and lose 60. What matters is what a team does with the other 40 games." The season is far from over, but if the Sox continue to play like they have in the past couple of weeks, a blind man can see what they are doing with those "other 40 games."

stl_sox_fan
05-08-2008, 12:41 PM
I heard a Dodger announcer say during yesterday's blowout, "it is pretty much a given that each team will win 60 and lose 60. What matters is what a team does with the other 40 games."

That must be the catch phrase for all announcers/sports radio/etc this year. I've heard that many times this season so far.

sox1970
05-08-2008, 12:46 PM
May 8 is too early to watch the standings IMO.

Especially in the AL Central. The division is separated by 3 games. First? 5th? Who cares? The team that plays the best from now to the end of the season makes the playoffs. It's really a 130 game season starting today.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Last night's game sucked and thankfully it came to an end. I'm done thinking about it. Now let's hope they can take the rubber game today!

TDog
05-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Welcome to WSI, where we would rather see a guy foul out on 2-0 than to work a walk. I'm pretty sure that this is where Dusty Baker will spend eternity if he is judged worthy of his own personal heaven.

I didn't write that I would rather see Swisher foul out than work a walk on a 2-0 count in what was then a one-run game. If his strength is getting on base, as it is supposed to be, he isn't going to be an easy out when he is so far ahead in the count.

That Swisher is willing to swing at a 2-0 pitch is what I find encouraging. The point of working the count and looking for your pitch is not, or shouldn't be, walking. In many cases, Monday's ninth inning, for example, walking passes the responsibility of offense on to other people. Would you rather have Swisher up with the game on the line and two on or one out or Pablo Ozuna up with the game on the line with the bases loaded and one out? Swisher creates opportunities for others. That is why he isn't hitting in the heart of the order. His focus seems to have been on creating opportunities for others.

The point of working the count is to see more hittable pitches. There aren't many more hittable than 2-0.

This year, Swisher has two hits in five at bats when he hits a ball fair on a 2-0 pitch. His two hits are a double and home run, so his .400 batting average only works out to a .400 on-base percentage, but his slugging percentage is 1.200. Last season, in 659 plate appearances, he hit 2-0 pitches fair only 21 times, getting six hits out of it for a .286 batting average and, with two home runs in those six hits, had a .571 slugging percentage. But after he worked the count to 2-2, he managed only to hit .212 and slug .340. He is not a good two-strike hitter. Last season after getting two strikes on him, he only hit .194. This year after getting two strikes on him, he is only hitting .113. Even his on-base percentage after he gets two strikes on him is only .267.

Trading for Nick Swisher wasn't my idea. I didn't call Kenny Williams and suggest it to him. I didn't post the idea in What's The Score to get a buzz going. I never wanted Nick Swisher on the White Sox because I have never liked his approach to hitting. Driving home last summer, I would hear people calling in to Modesto sports radio and complaining that they hated his approach to hitting. But now that he is my team, I want desperately for him to help my team win. He isn't going to help my team by taking pitches he should be hitting.