PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Match up against Silva

SoxNation05
05-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I am sure this is premature but i think this Friday the Sox break out of their slump. They absolutely kill Carlos Silva.
Stats:

Player AVG H-AB HR RBI
Dye .350 7-20 2 6
Cabrera .500 12-24 1 3
Uribe .514 19-37 5 10
Crede .355 11-31 3 5
Thome .368 7-19 3 6
Swisher .294 5-17 2 4
Pierzynski .292 7-24 2 5
Konerko .256 10-39 1 5
Anderson .500 5-10 1 1

Quentin has never faced Silva.

My suggested lineup:
SS Cabrera
2B Uribe
DH Thome
RF Dye
1B Swisher
LF Quentin
C Pierzynski
3B Crede
CF Anderson

turners56
05-07-2008, 04:39 PM
I am sure this is premature but i think this Friday the Sox break out of their slump. They absolutely kill Carlos Silva.
Stats:

Player AVG H-AB HR RBI
Dye .350 7-20 2 6
Cabrera .500 12-24 1 3
Uribe .514 19-37 5 10
Crede .355 11-31 3 5
Thome .368 7-19 3 6
Swisher .294 5-17 2 4
Pierzynski .292 7-24 2 5
Konerko .256 10-39 1 5
Anderson .500 5-10 1 1

Quentin has never faced Silva.

My suggested lineup:
SS Cabrera
2B Uribe
DH Thome
RF Dye
1B Swisher
LF Quentin
C Pierzynski
3B Crede
CF Anderson

NO! We tried this in 2006, it epically failed.

SoxNation05
05-07-2008, 04:56 PM
NO! We tried this in 2006, it epically failed.
Player AVG H-AB HR RBI
Uribe .514 19-37 5 10

TRY THAT!

soltrain21
05-07-2008, 05:25 PM
No reason to mess with the lineup for ONE game for a pitcher that EVERYBODY hits. If we get that sort of production we are going to score runs, regardless of who is batting where.

turners56
05-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Player AVG H-AB HR RBI
Uribe .514 19-37 5 10

TRY THAT!

You don't switch around the lineup for one game, if this current lineups keeps on producing, there's no reason to fix it if it isn't broken.

LoveYourSuit
05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
You don't switch around the lineup for one game, if this current lineups keeps on producing, there's no reason to fix it if it isn't broken.

Update:

Line up back to its old self.

It is very broken.

SoxNation05
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
teal?

ondafarm
05-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Guillen give Anderson a start in CF? Shirely, you jest.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Do you guys think we'll see Richie Sexson? He may be suspended for charging the mound in last night's game against the Rangers. (http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200805092667717)

turners56
05-09-2008, 10:39 AM
teal?

They scored 6 runs yesterday...

Bob G
05-09-2008, 01:07 PM
With both Swish and PK struggling so much I'm not sure if it makes much difference who starts but I like the idea of BA in CF. I would have Q in the #2 spot and move Juan down though.

SoxGirl4Life
05-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Do you guys think we'll see Richie Sexson? He may be suspended for charging the mound in last night's game against the Rangers. (http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200805092667717)

We're not that lucky

TDog
05-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Guillen give Anderson a start in CF? Shirely, you jest.

Guillen has had enough confidence in Anderson to put on the suicide squeeze with him coming up to bat, and he gave Anderson a start in center two days later. I'm all for Anderson spelling Swisher for at least a day or two. I also noticed that Swisher generally has played well in Seattle.

Swisher has six career home runs and four doubles in 27 games at Safeco Field. He has hit .320. He has stuck out 20 times in 100 official at bats, but that isn't as big a concern as the fact that this season he has struck out 32 times in 120 at bats and is hitting just .200. He is playing as if he needs time off.

Andeson hit his first two home runs in Seattle and has three home runs and a double in six games in Safeco Field. He also has hit .190 in his career there. He has four singles and a homer against Silva in 10 career at bats, but Swisher has two home runs and two doubles in 17 at bats against Silva, hitting .294. However, I think more important than past records is the way everyone is playing now.

UofCSoxFan
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
We're not that lucky

Sexson has been terrible this year. The pitch he charged the mound on was a joke...It was high but over the middle of the plate. It's telling that only Sexson was tossed and the pitcher was not.

The M's haven't scored in 22 innings hopefully our staff can keep producing quality starts.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Sexson has been terrible this year. The pitch he charged the mound on was a joke...It was high but over the middle of the plate. It's telling that only Sexson was tossed and the pitcher was not.

The M's haven't scored in 22 innings hopefully our staff can keep producing quality starts.

In his career Sexson owns a .289 avg with 15 HR's, hopefully his funk continues against the Sox.

Jaffar
05-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Hopefully we don't make currently the worst team in baseball look like the good they they were supposed to be coming into the season.

ondafarm
05-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Guillen has had enough confidence in Anderson to put on the suicide squeeze with him coming up to bat, and he gave Anderson a start in center two days later. I'm all for Anderson spelling Swisher for at least a day or two. . .

You call that confidence in, I call that a stupid manager getting in someone's face again after it has failed about a million times. Anybody who has managed anything from a Cub Scout Pack, to an accounting team to a major league team will tell you, one size does not fit all, you have to manage the individual person.

SoxGirl4Life
05-09-2008, 03:50 PM

Suspended 6 games. But he's appealing. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3389031

VeeckAsInWreck
05-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Suspended 6 games. But he's appealing. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3389031

Thanks for the update. I figured he would appeal, just to buy time. There was no reason for him to charge the mound like he did, that pitch was nowhere near him.

TDog
05-09-2008, 03:59 PM
You call that confidence in, I call that a stupid manager getting in someone's face again after it has failed about a million times. Anybody who has managed anything from a Cub Scout Pack, to an accounting team to a major league team will tell you, one size does not fit all, you have to manage the individual person.

If I were unreasonably biased against Ozzie Guillen, I might see things that way. If I believed Guillen wanted to lose the game or showcase how inept Brian Anderson is in order to justify not putting him into the ninth inning of a no-hit bid, I might actually believe what you wrote. Because I don't have any inside knowledge about what went on between them, or for that matter whether Anderson even worked specifically on the suicide squeeze in intrasquad games in Tucson with success, I can only see that a manager must have confidence in both the batter and the runner at third when calling a suicide squeeze, if only to not miss the sign. Your questioned whether Guillen would start Anderson. I can only go by what I've seen, but I have seen evidence to the contrary.

champagne030
05-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Apparently you did not see the game. Tensions were high and the benches almost cleared in the top half of the inning. Replays showed Gabbard talking to Kinsler in the dugout prior to him going out to pitch in the bottom half of the inning. I only continued to watch because it was obvious packback was forthcoming. The problem, for Sexson, was that Gabbard missed and wasn't really that close to hitting him.

DickAllen72
05-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I'd try this for a while:

Cabrera
Quentin
Dye
Crede
Pierzynski
Uribe
Thome
Konerko
Swisher

VeeckAsInWreck
05-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I'd try this for a while:

Cabrera
Quentin
Dye
Crede
Pierzynski
Uribe
Thome
Konerko
Swisher

I would too but only on the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. :redneck

ChiSoxFan35
05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Ele-ev-ate-shon!!!!!!!!!!

woooooooo!

DickAllen72
05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
I would too but only on the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. :redneck
Why? Have you been watching the games lately or have you been busy on your Xbox?

UofCSoxFan
05-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Apparently you did not see the game. Tensions were high and the benches almost cleared in the top half of the inning. Replays showed Gabbard talking to Kinsler in the dugout prior to him going out to pitch in the bottom half of the inning. I only continued to watch because it was obvious packback was forthcoming. The problem, for Sexson, was that Gabbard missed and wasn't really that close to hitting him.

I call bull****. Yes I know tensions were high. Sexson said after the game that he "knew" he was going to hit and just hoped it wasn't up high. Well, that's all good and fine, but when the pitch misses you bu 2 feet without moving and you make up your mind that you are going to charge the mound ahead of time NO MATTER WHERE THE PITCH ACTUALLY ENDS UP BEING you deserve to get suspended big time.

You have no idea what the pitcher and catcher were talking about in the dugout the inning before. They could have been talking about how to get the batter's out...a novel concept. Plus there is NO WAY Sexson could have even seen that.

And how is it a "problem "for Sexson that he didn't get hit? The fact that the pictcher's actions didn't justify his "predetermined" response is more than a minor detail. I'm not saying he should go up there and sit idly by and get hit, but good Lord, there was no evidence that he was being thrown at other than he probably should have been. If the pitch hit him, was behind him, or even on the inside HALF of the plate, maybe he'd be justified.

Plus him throwing the helmet was crap too....dude had like 5 inches on the pitcher and can't fiight him hand to hand?

PorkChopExpress
05-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the update. I figured he would appeal, just to buy time. There was no reason for him to charge the mound like he did, that pitch was nowhere near him.

From what I saw, Sexson took offense at the proximity of the pitch to his head. The announcers were saying he was indicating to Gabbard, "if you want to throw at me, fine, but not at my head." That in addition to the mounting tensions throughout the game, Sexson's frustration at his own play as of late, and the bad play of the Mariners in general lately is probably what set him off.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Why? Have you been watching the games lately or have you been busy on your Xbox?

I have been watching the games but why keep tinkering with the lineup. It sounds like something that Jerry Manuel would try.

btrain929
05-09-2008, 05:46 PM

Outside of his HR and grindy takeout slide, why in the ****ing world would we want to put Uribe in the 6 hole "for a while" ?????

MCHSoxFan
05-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Anybody know the OFFICIAL line-up?

champagne030
05-09-2008, 08:15 PM
From what I saw, Sexson took offense at the proximity of the pitch to his head. The announcers were saying he was indicating to Gabbard, "if you want to throw at me, fine, but not at my head." That in addition to the mounting tensions throughout the game, Sexson's frustration at his own play as of late, and the bad play of the Mariners in general lately is probably what set him off.

I agree.

I call bull****. Yes I know tensions were high. Sexson said after the game that he "knew" he was going to hit and just hoped it wasn't up high. Well, that's all good and fine, but when the pitch misses you bu 2 feet without moving and you make up your mind that you are going to charge the mound ahead of time NO MATTER WHERE THE PITCH ACTUALLY ENDS UP BEING you deserve to get suspended big time.

You have no idea what the pitcher and catcher were talking about in the dugout the inning before. They could have been talking about how to get the batter's out...a novel concept. Plus there is NO WAY Sexson could have even seen that.

And how is it a "problem "for Sexson that he didn't get hit? The fact that the pictcher's actions didn't justify his "predetermined" response is more than a minor detail. I'm not saying he should go up there and sit idly by and get hit, but good Lord, there was no evidence that he was being thrown at other than he probably should have been. If the pitch hit him, was behind him, or even on the inside HALF of the plate, maybe he'd be justified.

Plus him throwing the helmet was crap too....dude had like 5 inches on the pitcher and can't fiight him hand to hand?

He wasn't talking to his catcher. He was talking to his 2nd baseman, who was the one that got drilled in the back. I'd be willing to bet a lot of money this was Sean Tracey all over again. He was supposed to hit Sexson, like everyone knew, and didn't have the mindset to complete the deal. Sexson lost it because he knew he was supposed to get drilled and the pitch was head high (along with batting like Thome), but did overreact because the pitch really did miss him by about a foot. :shrug:

I say kick ass for going out there and throwing your helmet. The pitcher gets to fire a ball at you at 90 mph and then your chance for payback is to beat the catcher before he tackles you from behind? :rolleyes: