PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Other Highlight...

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-07-2008, 12:44 AM
The lack of audio at the park during the middle innings. It was pleasant being able to just relax and watch a game without constantly being assaulted with noise. Now don't get me wrong, I believe that some music at the game can be good (Nancy over canned, preferably), but surprise surprise, the fans actually knew when to cheer without being prompted.

DumpJerry
05-07-2008, 12:47 AM
A lot of us at the game are in agreement with you. Those who did not see the message on the LF scoreboard did not notice at first there was no sound.

If the Sox had been getting their hats handed to them, it might have been noticeable.

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Didn't see any message. I was caught off guard when the inning started and the batter wasn't announced. Then just sat back and enjoyed the natural sounds of the ballpark. Most enjoyable. Almost even more enjoyable was the lack of audio between innings.

DumpJerry
05-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Didn't see any message. I was caught off guard when the inning started and the batter wasn't announced. Then just sat back and enjoyed the natural sounds of the ballpark. Most enjoyable. Almost even more enjoyable was the lack of audio between innings.
They apologized for the "inconvenience." We all looked at each other wondering what how we were inconvenienced.

soxfan21
05-07-2008, 10:08 AM
I agree with everyone else here, it was pretty nice to be able just to enjoy the game without hearing ads every 5 minutes, and also without hearing some of the music besides the intro music.

kevingrt
05-07-2008, 10:25 AM
They apologized for the "inconvenience." We all looked at each other wondering what how we were inconvenienced.

Same thing me and my friends thought. I also thought the game went quicker then.

hi im skot
05-07-2008, 10:28 AM
It was a nice change of pace. I wouldn't mind if we were "inconvenienced" again.

Law11
05-07-2008, 10:48 AM
sounds like the original Turn back the clock day in 1990.
I wish there was a way to watch the game on Tv with just the crowd noise and no announcers..

ondafarm
05-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I was at that Turn Back the Clock game. At first it was a little eery, but then it was really enjoyable. I for one, would love to have it that way every game.

FedEx227
05-07-2008, 10:59 AM
My friend and I loved it. As you guys said I looked at the board and said "What inconvenience, not blasting techno into my ear?"

cws05champ
05-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Someone should let Brooks know how people felt about this...I'm sure he would be surprised at the reaction.

I know that the sox get Ad $ from verbal advertisements but it may be nice to have this once a home stand. Probably won't happen, but it may be a nice change of pace.

I think nowadays they feel they have to do all this audio and video stimulation to keep people/kids interested. Whereas that may be the case with kids, I think a lot of people would appreciate it.

skottyj242
05-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I agree with everyone else here, it was pretty nice to be able just to enjoy the game without hearing ads every 5 minutes, and also without hearing some of the music besides the intro music.

What ads do you hear every five minutes?

It's Dankerific
05-07-2008, 03:30 PM
What did all the kids/young people do?? Gouge out their eyes? Vow to never return to US Cellular because its too "old fogey". Did a few of the more responsible ones blast their iPods and iPhones for everyone else to be able to make it through the game???

soxfan21
05-08-2008, 12:06 PM
What ads do you hear every five minutes?

I was exaggerating a bit, but some of the ads that they have between innings, or when pitching changes happen just get annoying sometimes. It was just nice to hear the sounds of the game on the field, and the sound of the crowd without listening to other stuff coming out of the speakers.