PDA

View Full Version : Tonights line-up vs. Twinks

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Per the Twins Joe Christensen.

http://ww3.startribune.com/blogs/christensen/2008/05/06/twins-look-to-extend-winning-streak-to-six/

No shake up.

DickAllen72
05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Thome bores me.

oeo
05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
No shake up.

This is a shake up, what the hell are you talking about? Is Ozzie supposed to drastically change the lineup everyday? It didn't work yesterday, that doesn't mean it won't work today.

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Last night's + Crede and AJ. It's the best 9 bats we've got at the moment moving them around won't make much difference, but it's actually nice to see some depth in the lower 3rd.

Hope Uribe keeps hitting that would be a huge bonus.

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Anyone hear if Gardy's back?

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 05:08 PM
This is a shake up, what the hell are you talking about? Is Ozzie supposed to drastically change the lineup everyday? It didn't work yesterday, that doesn't mean it won't work today.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100800

twsoxfan5
05-06-2008, 05:10 PM
If you look at the comments on the bottom of that page you see a couple Twins fans noticing how tough our line-up looks on paper. Let's start producing and get a win tonight!

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2008, 05:14 PM
George Offman, Bruce Levine, or Cowley.... who sucks more?

Cowley made it sould like D-day was upon us and nothing happened.

Meanwhile we have a 20 page thread of people ripping on each other on why so and so should go or stay.

SoxGirl4Life
05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
George Offman, Bruce Levine, or Cowley.... who sucks more?

Cowley made it sould like D-day was upon us and nothing happened.

Meanwhile we have a 20 page thread of people ripping on each other on why so and so should go or stay.

Offman. hands down.

KyWhiSoxFan
05-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Until they change the batters, don't expect any miracles.

oeo
05-06-2008, 05:18 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100800

That made you think we were seeing a lineup shake up? :?:

Those would have been roster moves that would have been announced earlier today.

TitoMB345
05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Let's face it guys, changes aren't going to be made. Coaches won't be fired, big players won't be moved. Kenny firmly believes this team will come out of it (as he has since post-ASB 2006). Walker is here to stay, as is Uribe.

It's too bad we have the worst management in the entire league.

hi im skot
05-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Let's face it guys, changes aren't going to be made. Coaches won't be fired, big players won't be moved. Kenny firmly believes this team will come out of it (as he has since post-ASB 2006). Walker is here to stay, as is Uribe.

Yeah, too bad...

:rolleyes:

TitoMB345
05-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, too bad...

:rolleyes:
I firmly believe we do.

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Until they change the batters, don't expect any miracles.

Change to who? Do you really think there's a ton of can't miss 3-4-5 hitters just sitting in Charlotte waiting to see PT with the ball club and blocked by old broken down men?

This is the A team. This is the only team. If it hits like this all year, we're screwed and Fields, Owens, BA and Ramirez won't save us.

This isn't MLB 2K8 for PS3. We can't just acquire a bunch of better players and go about our business. Might as well quit now if you don't think these players are capable of better because this is it.

oeo
05-06-2008, 05:40 PM

It's too bad we continue to get new members that think they know everything.

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 05:40 PM

:whoflungpoo

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I firmly believe we do.

Well gosh darn and thanks, that and $0.50 will get me a newspaper tomorrow.

turners56
05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I don't think I can live another day with Orlando Cabrera leading off.

doublem23
05-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I firmly believe we do.

:rolling:

Someone needs to put his feet back on what we like to call reality.

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't think I can live another day with Orlando Cabrera leading off.

Jumping off a bridge...

Cabrera leading off...

Swallowing every pill in the medicine chest...

Cabrera leading off...

Climbing in the bathtub with the toaster set for dark...

Cabrera leading off...

Yeah, I see your point...:rolleyes:

SoxGirl4Life
05-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I firmly believe we do.

I'd swear, if I had to judge by some of these comments, I'd be convinced they weren't coming from Sox fans at all. I can understand being critical, but being SO negative? I just don't get why you don't just stop watching altogether.

turners56
05-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Jumping off a bridge...

Cabrera leading off...

Swallowing every pill in the medicine chest...

Cabrera leading off...

Climbing in the bathtub with the toaster set for dark...

Cabrera leading off...

Yeah, I see your point...:rolleyes:

Hey, it's not funny, I was contemplating suicide yesterday.

JB98
05-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Change to who? Do you really think there's a ton of can't miss 3-4-5 hitters just sitting in Charlotte waiting to see PT with the ball club and blocked by old broken down men?

This is the A team. This is the only team. If it hits like this all year, we're screwed and Fields, Owens, BA and Ramirez won't save us.

This isn't MLB 2K8 for PS3. We can't just acquire a bunch of better players and go about our business. Might as well quit now if you don't think these players are capable of better because this is it.

I wish people would realize that this is our club, for better or for worse.

I hate to tell everyone, but if we're going to get out of this, our best bet is for one of the current 3-4-5 to get hot and carry us for a week. Benching Thome, Konerko or Dye is not going to help.

infohawk
05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I totally agree. The Sox could make a minor move or two, but they're not in a position to make any moves that would make people say, "wow, what a difference-making move that was." They are what they are. They are either going to compete, or be sellers by the July 31 deadline.

Jaysox
05-06-2008, 06:22 PM

I hate to tell everyone, but if we're going to get out of this, our best bet is for one of the current 3-4-5 to get hot and carry us for a week. Benching Thome, Konerko or Dye is not going to help.

I agree 100%. There is no one move that can solve our problems. We have to let these guys try and work themselves out of their slumps and do what they're paid to do.

Tekijawa
05-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Thome in the Three Hole I LIKE IT!

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I firmly believe we do.
Wow...I've been fairly critical of Kenny in the past but to say he is the WORST GM is a bit harsh...Worse than the guys in Pittsburg? KC? Washington? Florida? Toronto? Tampa? Shall I continue?

Corlose 15
05-06-2008, 06:38 PM

I'd like to see them dump Ozuna and bring up Owens but you're right. It won't matter unless the big guys start hitting. There isn't anything they can really do.

Its a bit difficult to replace the middle of your order mid season.:rolleyes:

Frontman
05-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Offman. hands down.

I have to disagree. Levine-line is the worst. He sounds like a man who has been kicked squarely in the nuts just before they turn his microphone on; and that's only when he's covering his beloved Cubbies. When he's forced to cover the Sox?

I hope they'd keep any sharp instruments and firearms away from him, as he sounds completely suicidal then.

kingpin_rcs
05-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Wow...I've been fairly critical of Kenny in the past but to say he is the WORST GM is a bit harsh...Worse than the guys in Pittsburg? KC? Washington? Florida? Toronto? Tampa? Shall I continue?

Actually, I think TB looks good right now (for them) with a lot of upside for the near future.

Frontman
05-06-2008, 07:11 PM

Ok, if we even entertain this line of thought; the Sox fire Ozzie, so Joey Cora would be interim manager. We move the big players; meaning

Javy
Mark
Paulie
Jermaine
Thome
Crede

can all be moved.

Javy and Mark move on, they bring up Lance Broadway and Dewon Day up.

The trade Paulie the the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim for Chone Figgins; moving Swish to first

Jermaine is sent packing, to move Quentin to right, they call up Owens.

Thome is moved, so that they can sign a Free Agent like Barry Bonds.

Move Crede, bring up Fields

So, the Sox lineup would be

Owens, LF
Quentin, RF
Bonds (or whatever incredible hitter is not currently on a roster), DH
Pierzynski C
Fields, 3rd
Swisher, 1st
Uribe, 2nd
Anderson, CF
Cabrerra, SS

Rotation would be

Floyd
Danks
Contreras
Broadway
Day

Anyone think this would the savior of the Sox lineup? No? Anyone have confidence in this one?

How about another great idea, like platooning the DH position, just to piss off Thome, Dye, or both so they demand trades?

This is what the team would resemble if the meat-ball callers into the post-game show got their way.

gogosox16
05-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Ok, if we even entertain this line of thought; the Sox fire Ozzie, so Joey Cora would be interim manager. We move the big players; meaning

Javy
Mark
Paulie
Jermaine
Thome
Crede

can all be moved.

The trade Paulie the the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim for Chone Figgins; moving Swish to first

Jermaine is sent packing, to move Quentin to right, they call up Owens.

Thome is moved, so that they can sign a Free Agent like Barry Bonds.

Move Crede, bring up Fields

So, the Sox lineup would be

Owens, LF
Quentin, RF
Bonds (or whatever incredible hitter is not currently on a roster), DH
Pierzynski C
Fields, 3rd
Swisher, 1st
Uribe, 2nd
Anderson, CF
Cabrerra, SS

Rotation would be

Floyd
Danks
Contreras
Broadway
Day

Anyone think this would the savior of the Sox lineup? No? Anyone have confidence in this one?

How about another great idea, like platooning the DH position, just to piss off Thome, Dye, or both so they demand trades?

This is what the team would resemble if the meat-ball callers into the post-game show got their way.
I really hope your joking about this

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 07:22 PM

That's what the mob wants. :o:

SoxGirl4Life
05-06-2008, 07:28 PM

Noooooooooooooo... please.. no :whiner:

Frontman
05-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Hence the "Ok, if we even entertain this line of thought" to start. But as Chicken Dinner pointed out; there is some really crazy Sox fans in the fanbase who think along these lines. I just took it to the far extreme.

SluggersAway
05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
As crazy as some in the mob have been, I haven't seen anyone say we should get rid of Javy, Mark, Paulie, Jermaine, Thome, and Crede without getting anything in return.

turners56
05-06-2008, 07:45 PM
As crazy as some in the mob have been, I haven't seen anyone say we should get rid of Javy, Mark, Paulie, Jermaine, Thome, and Crede without getting anything in return.

We would get nothing but prospects, build up that farm Kenny!

Frontman
05-06-2008, 07:48 PM

When a team is under-performing; interested parties will only take players of worth. There aren't too many teams clamouring for Juan Uribe. So, it will take moving Javy and co; the "big players" as our illustrious TitoMB345 put it; to make moves.

And when even those players are performing sub-par; you will not get much for them. Paulie's value right now would be lower.

And yeah, I read both here and heard on a post-game show; someone with the crazy idea of platooning Thome/Dye just to quote "get one or both of them to ask for their release/be traded."

Well, that would be getting nothing for them, wouldn't it? If the Sox released Thome; not only would they get nothing in return for him, but they also would have to eat his salary.

And yet, there are some of the "die-hard, meat-and-potatoes, Southside tough" Sox fans who are thinking those types of moves are the moves that Kenny (or his replacement, as he should be out and out fired too) should make.

Jjav829
05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Hope Uribe keeps hitting that would be a huge bonus.

Don't you have to start hitting first in order to be able to "keep hitting?" :tongue:

Frontman
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Don't you have to start hitting first in order to be able to "keep hitting?" :tongue:

Oh he can hit, that's not the problem. Its those gord-darn defensive players. What are they thinking, catching sky high pop ups like that?

Sockinchisox
05-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Gavin is getting squeeeezed.

It's Dankerific
05-06-2008, 08:21 PM

For real, I hope their pitcher has the same teacup to pitch through.

Also some more nice horse**** umpiring on the DP. called morneau safe for no reason, it didnt seem close in actual time and it certainly was clear in the replay.

umps: we don't need any help to suck.

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 08:21 PM

I'm sure Hawk is bitching about the ump already. Even the Minni announcers were saying the calls were questionable.

Sockinchisox
05-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm sure Hawk is bitching about the ump already. Even the Minni announcers were saying the calls were questionable.

He is, and he complained about Morneau being safe @ 1st.

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 08:24 PM
I guess Blackburn is getting squeezed too.

Sockinchisox
05-06-2008, 08:25 PM
1st and 2nd, Nobody out!

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Very small strike zone tonight.

Sockinchisox
05-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Figures.

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 08:28 PM
OC pulling a Juan on that one.

whitesoxfan
05-06-2008, 08:29 PM
In play, run(s).

Oh my God, it's been far too long since I've last seen that.

Sockinchisox
Oh man did that feel good!!

2-0 Sox!

It's Dankerific
OC is a piece of ****. Why "pretend" to tag up if you're not going to actually look where he would have been EASILY safe.

AND JD makes it all ok. And TCQ with some hustle and agressive baserunning puts the sox up 2-0!!!

NDSox12
Sometimes aggressive baserunning can pay off.

Corlose 15
05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I love that baserunning by Carlos!!!!!!!!!:bandance:

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
2 runs in the 1st. More blow up dolls!

It's Dankerific
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Sometimes aggressive baserunning can pay off.

I think being agressive on the basepaths is always a good thing, unless we're talking Thome trying to take 3rd on a double.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm glad our baserunners remembered where home was! :redneck

NDSox12
05-06-2008, 08:33 PM
I think being agressive on the basepaths is always a good thing, unless we're talking Thome trying to take 3rd on a double.

I agree, especially when the team is struggling offensively. I hope others take note.

TDog
05-06-2008, 08:42 PM
"Blackburn pitching for the Twins tonight" rather sounds like the first line of a Beatles song. I'm sure Nancy Faust would have noticed if she were still providing the White Sox soundtrack.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
"Blackburn pitching for the Twins tonight" rather sounds like the first line of a Beatles song. I'm sure Nancy Faust would have noticed if she were still providing the White Sox soundtrack.

It's funny you wrote that because I was singing that as a joke the last time he pitched against us.

Great or warped minds think alike! :tongue:

TDog
05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
It's funny you wrote that because I was singing that as a joke the last time he pitched against us.

Great or warped minds think alike! :tongue:

The Beatles were great, and only warped in a positive, creative way.

On the subject of aggressive baserunning, I'm guessing Crede was going on the hit-and-run rather than stealing. I don't know if Uribe missed the sign, missed the pitch or if it was a pitch he couldn't reach when swinging and missing.

The play didn't work, but I wouldn't argue with the call.

It's Dankerific
05-06-2008, 08:52 PM

The new fans they are trying to bring to the park wouldn't know who the Beatles are..

TDog
05-06-2008, 08:54 PM
The new fans they are trying to bring to the park wouldn't know who the Beatles are..

And that is a shame, from the standpoint of cultural literacy.