PDA

View Full Version : Mark, fantastic interview with Paul Sullivan

BackInBlack
05-01-2002, 08:33 PM
For those of you who haven't yet seen it, this is a must read:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=704

I know White Sox fans are known for being among the most knowledgable in baseball, I just wish there was a way of proving it.

rmusacch
05-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
For those of you who haven't yet seen it, this is a must read:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=704

I know White Sox fans are known for being among the most knowledgable in baseball, I just wish there was a way of proving it.

Yes, I agree. I was shocked to hear that Sullivan is a Sox fan along with his family.

sox_fan_forever
05-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

Yes, I agree. I was shocked to hear that Sullivan is a Sox fan along with his family.

Same here...

DrCrawdad
05-02-2002, 01:37 AM
Yeah the interview was very interesting. I found especially interesting these comments:

"Some people in management and some players donít understand that we are here to write the truth, not be public relations agents. I feel like Iíve always done that and I feel longtime Tribune readers respect that. That may be why Iím no longer covering the Cubs, but Iím better off with the Sox anyway."

So Sullivan is not covering the Cub because he's not willing to be a publicity agent? Well, I don't know if you guys read the Trib's Cub beat writer - Teddy Greenstein. Teddy is an apologist par excellence! Teddy probably was hired on the basis of his work for VineLine. :)- VineLine? Tribune? Is there much of a difference?

"I donít agree that the media is biased against the Sox, though I was watching WGN-TV in Cleveland the other day and the Sox were the 3rd story behind the Hawks and the Cubs. The Hawks? OK, they were in the playoffs. The Cubs? Thatís not right."

Sullivan doesn't believe in the media bias, yet then he gives an interesting example of bias or at least preferrential treatment. What a surprise that it happened on WGN!

- DrCrawdad.