PDA

View Full Version : Take One For Your Team...

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 09:47 PM
...right now the pressure is like an 800 pound weight on all of them.Lip

Yeah, and the fans ranting and raving isn't making it easier. If the people who go tomorrow night have any class they'll give the Sox some serious fan support and try to cheer them out of this mess. Not expecting it, because it's all the rage to... well... rage...

Still, I'm hoping people will go to the game tomorrow night not to boo and pour derision on our boyz in black and silver, but to give them a pat on the back and try to lift them up.

You want to be a fan, that means the good and the bad. You don't divorce the team or the players on that team until they play somewhere else.

Your team needs you on Tuesday, Wednesday and all the days there after.

Your choice, boo and let loose all that negative vibes you have stored inside you from the last 6 days of bad mojo and energy.

Or cheer and try to lift them up. Be the 11th man. Celebrate everything that goes right and see if your voices can lift the team out of their collective funk.

A. Cavatica
05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about why Pablo didn't step into one in the ninth.

SoxandtheCityTee
05-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about why Pablo didn't step into one in the ninth.

Thanks, I needed that laugh.

I'll be at the park in Wednesday, cheering them on.

hi im skot
05-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Voodoo, thanks for posting this.

I have tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday night, and honestly, if I wasn't going with a (Twins) fan from work, I'd probably skip out. But you're right, booing isn't going to do any good. It's May, and we're two games out.

Hopefully making a quick trip back home will help energize these guys and get them back to their winning ways. I'll be there to show my support.

chisoxfanatic
05-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I'll be there tomorrow night, and you better believe I'll be cheering my ass off.

They HAVE to break out of this soon! Maybe this home series will be what they need.

Soxman219
05-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks, I needed that laugh.

I'll be at the park in Wednesday, cheering them on.

I'll be there too! Last game here before I go to California. I hope I go out west knowing the Sox are on a 6 game winning streak.:smile:

RadioheadRocks
05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Very well said, Voodoo. Can't get away from Tornado Alley this week but I'll be in San Fran on the 16th to cheer on the Sox at Pac Bell/AT&T/whatever the hell they're calling that park these days.

ondafarm
05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I'll be booing one guy in black and silver but he deserves it. The players I'll be cheering for.

BadBobbyJenks
05-05-2008, 10:04 PM
If people want to boo, then boo. If people want to cheer, then cheer.

Daver
05-05-2008, 10:07 PM

The seats are for asses, enjoy your seat.

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 10:09 PM

Quick, look up, you just might be able to see the original thought passing over your head.

No, probably not...

BadBobbyJenks
05-05-2008, 10:09 PM
The seats are for asses, enjoy your seat.

Calling me an ass....

itsnotrequired
05-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Calling me an ass....

I'm bringing a stout burro to tomorrow's game.

Daver
05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Calling me an ass....

I did no such thing.

BadBobbyJenks
05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Quick, look up, you just might be able to see the original thought passing over your head.

No, probably not...

As is the original thought of telling fans not too boo the product on the field. It is a tired discussion. As long as people are not offending those around them they can do what they want when paying money to come to the park.

hi im skot
05-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Booing makes the Sox play better!!!!!!!!!!11

itsnotrequired
05-05-2008, 10:17 PM

I'm booing them right now!

BOO! BOO!

chisoxmike
05-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm going tomorrow night and I won't be booing them. But they ain't getting a standing ovation when they take the field. They'll be cheered when the pitchers strike the Twins hitters out. They'll be cheered if the make a nice play in the field. They'll be cheered when they score runs. They'll be cheered if...God willing...they win. But they ain't getting cheered by me when they take the field.

A 0-6 road trip is nothing to cheer about.

BadBobbyJenks
05-05-2008, 10:19 PM

Cheering them brings them out of slumps!

SoxandtheCityTee
05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
OK, so the cheerful thread gets nasty too. Beddy-bye time for me.

DET loses, KC loses. Let's beat the Twins and cross our fingers that when the hitters dig out of this, the pitchers are still sparkling.

hi im skot
05-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Cheering them brings them out of slumps!

I cheer Matt Thornton as he eats breakfast. Applause is part of a balanced breakfast.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm going tomorrow night and I won't be booing them. But they ain't getting a standing ovation when they take the field. They'll be cheered when the pitchers strike the Twins hitters out. They'll be cheered if the make a nice play in the field. They'll be cheered when they score runs. They'll be cheered if...God willing...they win. But they ain't getting cheered by me when they take the field.

I'm giving you a standing ovation if I see you tomorrow.

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 10:22 PM
As is the original thought of telling fans not too boo the product on the field. It is a tired discussion. As long as people are not offending those around them they can do what they want paying money to come to the park.

See there ya go assuming it's a discussion about whether it's okay to boo. Hence my point that you missed the point.

Here it is spelled out nice and slow...

The team needs a break. The team needs some support. The team needs to actually come home to home field ADVANTAGE, not a bunch of drunks who just want to let them know how bad they suck right now. Trust me, they know. It hangs over them like a bad Windsock column after an extra late night of Bud and Sliders.

I am encouraging people for a few nights and Tuesday in particular, to give them a break from the usual "I paid for this seat and it's my right to boo" routine. You're right, it's your seat. It's your right to express yourself in a negative fashion. I'm merely suggesting that tomorrow night you stifle that urge and see if you can give the team a boost.

chisoxmike
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm giving you a standing ovation if I see you tomorrow.

Skotty can blast Thunderstuck when I'm walking toward you.

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM

All the more reason to do it.

scarsofthumper
05-05-2008, 10:24 PM
"Are they saying Booooooo or Boooooo-ribe?"

AZChiSoxFan
05-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah, and the fans ranting and raving isn't making it easier. If the people who go tomorrow night have any class they'll give the Sox some serious fan support and try to cheer them out of this mess. Not expecting it, because it's all the rage to... well... rage...

Still, I'm hoping people will go to the game tomorrow night not to boo and pour derision on our boyz in black and silver, but to give them a pat on the back and try to lift them up.

You want to be a fan, that means the good and the bad. You don't divorce the team or the players on that team until they play somewhere else.

Your choice, boo and let loose all that negative vibes you have stored inside you from the last 6 days of bad mojo and energy.

Or cheer and try to lift them up. Be the 11th man. Celebrate everything that goes right and see if your voices can lift the team out of their collective funk.

Thanks for the pep talk coach! Would you like for me to bring my pom poms as well?

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the pep talk coach! Would you like for me to bring my pom poms as well?

Sure, show that team spirit...

BadBobbyJenks
See there ya go assuming it's a discussion about whether it's okay to boo. Hence my point that you missed the point.

Here it is spelled out nice and slow...

The team needs a break. The team needs some support. The team needs to actually come home to home field ADVANTAGE, not a bunch of drunks who just want to let them know how bad they suck right now. Trust me, they know. It hangs over them like a bad Windsock column after an extra late night of Bud and Sliders.

I am encouraging people for a few nights and Tuesday in particular, to give them a break from the usual "I paid for this seat and it's my right to boo" routine. You're right, it's your seat. It's your right to express yourself in a negative fashion. I'm merely suggesting that tomorrow night you stifle that urge and see if you can give the team a boost.

I did not miss the point, but thanks for your condescending post. I will just not return to this thread.

hi im skot

I would prefer a foam finger.

AZChiSoxFan
05-05-2008, 10:27 PM

Spot on. You know, one of the things I USED to really like about WSI was the diversity of opinion on this site. The groupthink around here is getting out of control. Voodoo, how about starting another thread and just giving me the list of 10 specific things I must do in order to be labeled a "true fan." :rolleyes:

guillen4life13
05-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I agree. It's uncomfortable to be following the team through the tough times, but you endure the bad and ride the good. And I haven't turned on them.

I also think that the offense will break out of this slump. I hope the pitching can keep up their dominance, because if they can, then the Sox hitting would have to be AL average level.

Considering the talent and career track records of players on this team, I very strongly doubt that, at the end of the season, the team batting average will be under .260 and the Sox will be AL top 5 in runs scored.

I really think 2007 was an offensive fluke, but the pitching was a bigger problem. And before this season started, it wasn't the offense I was worried about. I was worried about trusting anyone on the pitching staff except Buehrle, Vazquez and Jenks. And their pitching has been all that anyone could have asked for, except for Buehrle (who I trust to get on track). The team currently has a 3.64 ERA through the season thus far!

It's not like the lineup is missing its share of consistently elite hitters: Dye, Thome and Konerko have consistently strong track records when healthy. Quentin is the best hitter on the team so far and I can't say anything bad about his play. The slumping hitters are bound to rebound, and while there may always be a slumping hitter in the lineup at any given point, it won't be the majority of the lineup. And once Richar is ready to play, he can start mixing in with Uribe and eventually replace him.

Uribe is the only consistently/historically sub-par hitter in this lineup. The rest of these players will rebound.

RadioheadRocks
Ruh-Roh!

itsnotrequired
Spot on. You know, one of the things I USED to really like about WSI was the diversity of opinion on this site. The groupthink around here is getting out of control. Voodoo, how about starting another thread and just giving me the list of 10 specific things I must do in order to be labeled a "true fan." :rolleyes:

The AZChiSoxFan was angry that day, my friends...

chisoxmike
05-05-2008, 10:29 PM
The groupthink around here is getting out of control. Voodoo, how about starting another thread and just giving me the list of 10 specific things I must do in order to be labeled a "true fan." :rolleyes:

Thank you. I'm at the park just about every game, don't tell me I'm a bad fan if I think this team is playing like horse ****. I was there last September, and I was there in 2005, 2004, 2003 and so on. I'm always there.

Frankfan4life
05-05-2008, 10:30 PM
"Are they saying Booooooo or Boooooo-ribe?"Thanks for the laugh. It momentarily lifted my depression.

spiffie
05-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I agree. It's uncomfortable to be following the team through the tough times, but you endure the bad and ride the good. And I haven't turned on them.

I also think that the offense will break out of this slump. I hope the pitching can keep up their dominance, because if they can, then the Sox hitting would have to be AL average level.

Considering the talent and career track records of players on this team, I very strongly doubt that, at the end of the season, the team batting average will be under .260 and the Sox will be AL top 5 in runs scored.

I really think 2007 was an offensive fluke, but the pitching was a bigger problem. And before this season started, it wasn't the offense I was worried about. I was worried about trusting anyone on the pitching staff except Buehrle, Vazquez and Jenks. And their pitching has been all that anyone could have asked for, except for Buehrle (who I trust to get on track). The team currently has a 3.64 ERA through the season thus far!

It's not like the lineup is missing its share of consistently elite hitters: Dye, Thome and Konerko have consistently strong track records when healthy. Quentin is the best hitter on the team so far and I can't say anything bad about his play. The slumping hitters are bound to rebound, and while there may always be a slumping hitter in the lineup at any given point, it won't be the majority of the lineup. And once Richar is ready to play, he can start mixing in with Uribe and eventually replace him.

Uribe is the only consistently/historically sub-par hitter in this lineup. The rest of these players will rebound.
Why will they rebound?
Konerko has shown the ability to have year long slumps in his career. Dye is a very old 34. Jim Thome might finally be starting to hit that decline (look at how Frank Thomas fell apart this year). Joe Crede is still a guy who had one good year. I'm not saying it will be that way, but at this point it seems to me a coin flip about whether they will meet career averages this year.

That said, for anyone who is going to tomorrow's game, I see Voodoo's point. Yes, they deserve rotten produce chucked at them lately, but really, there will be plenty of time to boo if things keep going this badly. Might as well try to help in whatever way fan support can help while there's still time for it to make a difference. If they keep hitting this way, the summer will be full of boobirds, and there will be all the time in the world to vent our spleens at the park.

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 10:36 PM

Want some cheese to go with that whine? How come you and the rest of the Thunderheads are allowed to express your opinion, no matter how dark, jaded, condescending and craven (IMHO) but the minute I try to start a thread that has some positive thoughts in it, I get accused of trying to create group think?

Do what you want tomorrow, I was merely suggesting that for one night people could try to let the team know they cared and that scuffling, hurting and down, the fans still stood behind them.

But go ahead, boo it's all about you, right?

Now go ahead, accuse me of not allowing opposite opinions on these forums one more time...

:dirtyharry:

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow. And I will cheer the good. But as baseball is an interactive experience, I will express my displeasure toward the field just as I have at the TV, radio, and computer during this road trip. A crap team deserves neither a pat on the back nor a hand up. My passion for the White Sox knows no bounds. But this collection of jokers has done nothing of late to earn anything but scorn.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow. And I will cheer the good. But as baseball is an interactive experience, I will express my displeasure toward the field just as I have at the TV, radio, and computer during this road trip. A crap team deserves neither a pat on the back nor a hand up. My passion for the White Sox knows no bounds. But this collection of jokers has done nothing of late to earn anything but scorn.

How is booing a TV or a radio interactive?

pasqua: BOO!

tv: *goes on leading normal life*

:D:

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 10:49 PM

And you don't think they know that?

Of course they deserve a hand up. They're your team...:?:

spiffie
05-05-2008, 10:51 PM
How is booing a TV or a radio interactive?

pasqua: BOO!

tv: *goes on leading normal life*

:D:
My tv can feel my anger, and it cowers against my rage.

kitekrazy
05-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Why will they rebound?
Konerko has shown the ability to have year long slumps in his career. Dye is a very old 34. Jim Thome might finally be starting to hit that decline (look at how Frank Thomas fell apart this year). Joe Crede is still a guy who had one good year. I'm not saying it will be that way, but at this point it seems to me a coin flip about whether they will meet career averages this year.

That said, for anyone who is going to tomorrow's game, I see Voodoo's point. Yes, they deserve rotten produce chucked at them lately, but really, there will be plenty of time to boo if things keep going this badly. Might as well try to help in whatever way fan support can help while there's still time for it to make a difference. If they keep hitting this way, the summer will be full of boobirds, and there will be all the time in the world to vent our spleens at the park.

The Sox just can't win in dome stadiums.

LoveYourSuit
05-05-2008, 10:55 PM

O brother.

I did not ever think it would get to this. It's like rooting for a little league team now.

spiffie
05-05-2008, 10:56 PM
O brother.

I did not ever think it would get to this. It's like rooting for a little league team now.
No more orange slices for these guys!

hi im skot
05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
O brother.

Nah...the Sox don't use aluminum bats.

LoveYourSuit
05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
No more orange slices for these guys!

Maybe Ozzie should promise them Ice Cream if they score some runs.

ksimpson14
05-05-2008, 10:58 PM
'Walk outs' never work. Right now, me and MCHSoxFan are organizing a mooning protest, bottom of the 3rd, everybody drop your pants. YESSSSssssS!

spiffie
Maybe that's the problem...

voodoochile
O brother.

For one night? What can it hurt you?

LoveYourSuit

Maybe they should.

I would love to see one of Crede's mile high pop ups with Aluiminum.

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-05-2008, 11:00 PM
And you don't think they know that?

After the last year and a half of baseball that I've wasted my time watching, they can get up on their own.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2008, 11:01 PM
After the last year and a half of baseball that I've wasted my time watching, they can get up on their own.

I too only watch winners.

*turns on D-Backs game*

LoveYourSuit
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm reading this thread and I just ask myself,

"Where did it all go wrong?"

Do we realize that our current 0-6 stretch is almost as bad as the well documented awful 0-7 start by the Tigers?

Unreal.

I want to drink sand right now.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Do we realize that our current 0-6 stretch is almost as bad as the well documented awful 0-7 start by the Tigers?

Unreal.

I want to drink sand right now.

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean...

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 11:04 PM

Well there ya go... Hey, why root for the Sox at all if they piss you off that much?

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Well there ya go... Hey, why root for the Sox at all if they piss you off that much?
Because: A)Rooting for the Sox doesn't mean checking your brain at the gate, and B) They piss me off because I care that much.

LoveYourSuit
05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't even know what this is supposed to mean...

0-6 is just as bad as 0-7.... and Detroit took tons of **** over that.

We are right there with them.

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Because: A)Rooting for the Sox doesn't mean checking your brain at the gate, and B) They piss me off because I care that much.

Now that's valid, still, I urge you for one night to try and stifle your anger and see if you can help lift the team you care so much about that they piss you off to victory with some positive vibes.

You don't even have to mean it, just boo internally and cheer externally.

What would you trade for a Sox win right now? Some scattered applause and a few hearty "Let's Go White Sox" seem like a small price to pay.

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 11:14 PM
0-6 is just as bad as 0-7.... and Detroit took tons of **** over that.

We are right there with them.

And the whole ALC is right there with us...:D:

Chicken Dinner
05-05-2008, 11:19 PM
We just want Taco Bell to give out free
Taco Bell Chalupa"s

Everytime the Sox score 8 runs or more.

LoveYourSuit
05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
And the whole ALC is right there with us...:D:

That's the crazy part out of all this. We suck to the highest extreme right now but the entire AL Central is a Suck Fest.

kaufsox
05-05-2008, 11:31 PM
I won't be there on Tuesday, but can I boo on Thursday? Wednesday is positively out, just not a good day to boo or cheer for me:D:

Seriously, I like the original sentiment Voodoo, mainly because it reminds me of how Europeans interact with their clubs. The level of connection between fan and team is just extraordinary. We love our sports here, but they LOVE (perhaps a bit too much, but I digress) their clubs and feel they are part of the whole enterprise. When a team plays at home, to a man the players talk about the effect that it has upon them, especially when they have had a bad go of late. I follow Newcastle United and its mostly been bad goes of late, but at the beginning of the match the crowd is singing with all of their hearts. The end of the match is a different story, especially if the team really put in a poor effort. I know its asking a bit too much, but I've always thought the tradition of singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" fits the South Side perfectly. As much as I loathe Liverpool, and oh, do I loathe those bastards, this is a cool way to greet a team. If we could do the same thing before each home game, it would be amazing. I'll settle for standing and cheering. When the game ends, however...

LoveYourSuit
05-05-2008, 11:43 PM
I won't be there on Tuesday, but can I boo on Thursday? Wednesday is positively out, just not a good day to boo or cheer for me:D:

Seriously, I like the original sentiment Voodoo, mainly because it reminds me of how Europeans interact with their clubs. The level of connection between fan and team is just extraordinary. We love our sports here, but they LOVE (perhaps a bit too much, but I digress) their clubs and feel they are part of the whole enterprise. When a team plays at home, to a man the players talk about the effect that it has upon them, especially when they have had a bad go of late. I follow Newcastle United and its mostly been bad goes of late, but at the beginning of the match the crowd is singing with all of their hearts. The end of the match is a different story, especially if the team really put in a poor effort. I know its asking a bit too much, but I've always thought the tradition of singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" fits the South Side perfectly. As much as I loathe Liverpool, and oh, do I loathe those bastards, this is a cool way to greet a team. If we could do the same thing before each home game, it would be amazing. I'll settle for standing and cheering. When the game ends, however...

Let me know of any Soccer team with a payroll of $110 million and then come and talk to me.

kaufsox
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Let me know of any Soccer team with a payroll of $110 million and then come and talk to me.

um, what are you talking about? Most of the major clubs in Europe easily have payrolls over $110 million, some about double.

southsideirish71
05-05-2008, 11:57 PM

You obviously havent been to Europe.

Chelsea dished out 225 million last year in payroll. Manchester United, and the rest of the top flight clubs in England are not that far off.

Here is some old numbers.

PREMIER LEAGUE'S TOP WAGE BILLS 2005/06
Chelsea - 114m
Manchester Utd - 85m
Arsenal - 83m
Liverpool - 69m
Newcastle Utd - 52m

Source: Deloitte

Serie A Wages Report by Gazzetta

AC Milan €120m
Inter Milan €110m
Juventus €96.9m
Roma €59.02m

kaufsox
05-06-2008, 12:04 AM

Chelsea dished out 225 million last year in payroll. Manchester United, and the rest of the top flight clubs in England are not that far off.

Chelsea - 114m
Manchester Utd - 85m
Arsenal - 83m
Liverpool - 69m
Newcastle Utd - 52m

AC Milan €120m
Inter Milan €110m
Juventus €96.9m
Roma €59.02m

AND WE STILL SUCK!!!!:angry::angry:

also with all of that money, I still don't quite know how the transfer fees work into the whole deal, but that is another expense that is just mind boggling

Nellie_Fox
05-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Spot on. You know, one of the things I USED to really like about WSI was the diversity of opinion on this site. The groupthink around here is getting out of control. Voodoo, how about starting another thread and just giving me the list of 10 specific things I must do in order to be labeled a "true fan." :rolleyes:You can't be serious. In the last couple of days, I can't even count the number of threads calling for the firing of practically every person connected with the team, including the play-by-play guy, or the release of those who can't be "fired." One remotely positive thread gets started, and one that doesn't even defend things going on, just asks for a little fan support to see how that works, and in your world that's out-of-control groupthink? This thread IS diversity of opinion.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2008, 12:15 AM

Chelsea - 114m
Manchester Utd - 85m
Arsenal - 83m
Liverpool - 69m
Newcastle Utd - 52m

AC Milan 120m
Inter Milan 110m
Juventus 96.9m
Roma 59.02m

Never been to Europe nor followed Soccer.

My bad for my blanket statement.

With respects to the Soccer lovers, I much rather watch paint dry as a sport.

fed ex 4 pasqua
05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
:thumbsup:

kaufsox
05-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Never been to Europe nor followed Soccer.

My bad for my blanket statement.

No accounting for taste, but to each his own.

AZChiSoxFan
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Want some cheese to go with that whine?

And you're not whining about people who complain about how terrible the Sox have been lately?

I seriously question the logic behind the thought process that claims that millionares playing a game NEED the fans to be supportive.

AZChiSoxFan
05-06-2008, 09:38 AM

I'm really confused at this point. Why is it that Cub fans are universally scorned on this site for blindly loving their team, regardless of what happens on the field but now (per this thread) we're supposed to do just the same? :?:

AZChiSoxFan
05-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I too only watch winners.

*turns on D-Backs game*

So it's your fault the D-backs got hammered last night. Stop watching them!! :tongue:

SoxGirl4Life
05-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Go SOX!

whitem0nkey
05-06-2008, 09:46 AM
i hated when i was at the cell in 06 and mark Buehrle was getting the boo birds from what seemed like half the stadium.

these players know what has been going on the past couple of days, and booing does not tell them anything they already don't know.

we all have jobs, and sometime we screw up, but having people scrutinize you while your going threw a tough period does no good. it does harm.

I know they are pro players but they are our guys and we should do what we can to help them succeed. not just pile on because that is the easy thing to do.

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm really confused at this point. Why is it that Cub fans are universally scorned on this site for blindly loving their team, regardless of what happens on the field but now (per this thread) we're supposed to do just the same? :?:

I'm not suggesting you do it for the next 100 years. Reading is a skill...:rolleyes:

But go ahead, keep ignoring the basic premise asking fans to set aside their anger and frustration for one or two nights and try to boost the team to victory at a moment when that team is as low as they can be.

Change the subject, argue that it makes us flubbie fans, whatever all in the name of acting like an ass at the game.

Hey, go for it...:rolleyes:

southside rocks
05-06-2008, 09:52 AM
I'll be at Thursday's game, and I guarantee I'll be booing the Twins for all I'm worth, and cheering my Sox with just as much energy.

(I admit, I groaned loud and long in 2006 whenever Cliff Politte came into the game; aside from that, I either cheer or shut up for the Sox players.)

aryzner
I might go to the game tonight. Not sure yet because I have to get up tomorrow but I might say screw it and just go to the game.

And while some of you are slightly on the topic of soccer, here's to hoping Team America Fulham can pull out a win at Portsmouth this weekend and not be relegated from the English Premier League!

voodoochile
And you're not whining about people who complain about how terrible the Sox have been lately?

I seriously question the logic behind the thought process that claims that millionares playing a game NEED the fans to be supportive.

Nope, hammering the dopes who are claiming the season is over, but I understand the frustration over this losing streak, I'm living it too.

Since when does how much money a person makes make them immune to the desire to be recognized and cheered for? :?:

southside rocks
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Since when does how much money a person makes make them immune to the desire to be recognized and cheered for? :?:

Never. Somebody's making a movie about the trading floors and one of the best quotes in the trailer for the film is a trader saying 'when you make money, it's like applause, but only you can hear it.'

I know guys who have net worths of $50 million who still try to find that thrill every day.

Not to hijack your thread, Voodoo.
http://www.flooredthemovie.com

balke
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm as pissed as anyone here with Ozzie's comments, the hanging heads, and the lack of hitting or living up to the teams potential to hit.

Is it really time to hit the panic button yet though?

I personally think the Sox should wait til after the Twins series to do anything rash. If this series is lost, do something drastic. But, right now 6 straight losses is bad, but I think that happens in good and bad seasons for teams.

asg2003ws2005
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
The seats are for asses, enjoy your seat.I got general admission.

cws05champ
05-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Look...I think it's pretty simple. You cheer your team when they come out and take the field. If they play the same way they have in the past week, they deserve the boos. If they play good baseball, then they will get cheered.

skottyj242
05-06-2008, 10:09 AM

I will cheer. I can't see there being a huge crowd this evening thought, it's supposed to pour.

southside rocks
05-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Look...I think it's pretty simple. You cheer your team when they come out and take the field. If they play the same way they have in the past week, they deserve the boos. If they play good baseball, then they will get cheered.

I take a different view. It may be that the way they're playing is not worthy of cheers, but the cheers now aren't for the playing, they're for the players. They're a fan's way of saying 'I know you're having a bad time but I for one am still glad to see you in a Sox uniform and I for one know that you'll snap out of this.' Encouragement. Support. Not judgement.

But then, what do I know -- I'm a female fan who isn't even offended by blowup dolls in the locker room. :cool:

SoxGirl4Life
05-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I take a different view. It may be that the way they're playing is not worthy of cheers, but the cheers now aren't for the playing, they're for the players. They're a fan's way of saying 'I know you're having a bad time but I for one am still glad to see you in a Sox uniform and I for one know that you'll snap out of this.' Encouragement. Support. Not judgement.

But then, what do I know -- I'm a female fan who isn't even offended by blowup dolls in the locker room. :cool:

:thumbsup:

aryzner
05-06-2008, 10:40 AM
I will cheer. I can't see there being a huge crowd this evening thought, it's supposed to pour.

??

Am I missing something because when checking the weather online right now, I see no signs of rain being predicted...?

soxfan21
05-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I'll be there tonite, hopefully there is a good turnout and everybody is supportive of the sox, and hopefully we get some hits tonite and spank the twinkies :D:.

SoxyStu
05-06-2008, 01:47 PM
If I were at the game tonight and near enough for a regular starter to hear my comments, they would be supportive. It's harder for anyone to get back up after falling on his/her own and, while down, receiving a kick by someone else. It's always easier to be negative, though, isn't it?

If the people who go tomorrow night have any class they'll give the Sox some serious fan support and try to cheer them out of this mess.

This statement can definitely be interpreted as groupthink rhetoric as you are implying that fans who boo (those who oppose your viewpoint) tonight are classless. However, you haven't yet censored anyone for dissenting, at least that I can tell, so it's moot.

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
If I were at the game tonight and near enough for a regular starter to hear my comments, they would be supportive. It's harder for anyone to get back up after falling on his/her own and, while down, receiving a kick by someone else. It's always easier to be negative, though, isn't it?

This statement can definitely be interpreted as groupthink rhetoric as you are implying that fans who boo (those who oppose your viewpoint) tonight are classless. However, you haven't yet censored anyone for dissenting, at least that I can tell, so it's moot.

Thanks... Trust me if I censored people for saying crappy stuff about the Sox, the Clubhouse would be a lot quieter these days. :tongue: