PDA

View Full Version : Jacque Jones DFA

Sockinchisox
05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2008/05/jacque_jones_designated_for_as.html

VeeckAsInWreck
05-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, the Tigers just improved themselves.

LoveYourSuit
05-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Good teams cut their loses with bad players, no matter how much money is at stake.

Meanwhile .........
:uribe:

spawn
05-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Good teams cut their loses with bad players, no matter how much money is at stake.

Meanwhile .........
If you know of a better second baseman on our roster, let me know.

doublem23
05-05-2008, 04:30 PM

I'm sure Ozzie and KW can just got to the Second Baseman Pound and pick up a new one. :rolleyes:

jabrch
05-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm still shocked Dombrowski touched this guy.

The difference between the comparison to Uribe is that Uribe has played pretty good defense at 2B. Jones hardly even plays acceptable defense as a DH, much less a CF.

thomas35forever
05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Get on the phone, Kenny!

turners56
05-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Jacque Jones is a great example of how bad the Cubs' management is and how good the Twins' management is. If we all remember, before 2006, Jones played great defense when we played the Twins, he also hit for some power. Once he got to Chicago, he forgot how to play defense, was lazy, and seemingly struck out in every other at bat. I guess the Tigers aren't very good at managing a guy like Jacque either. Only Ron Gardenhire can make him play right...

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Jacque Jones is a great example of how bad the Cubs' management is and how good the Twins' management is. If we all remember, before 2006, Jones played great defense when we played the Twins, he also hit for some power. Once he got to Chicago, he forgot how to play defense, was lazy, and seemingly struck out in every other at bat. I guess the Tigers aren't very good at managing a guy like Jacque either. Only Ron Gardenhire can make him play right...

Yeah, either that or he was popping steroids like they were M&M's and he had been smoking ganja all night...

But far be it from me to start a rumor. I'm just suspicious of people who had big drops offs a few years ago...

turners56
05-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah, either that or he was popping steroids like they were M&M's and he had been smoking ganja all night...

But far be it from me to start a rumor. I'm just suspicious of people who had big drops offs a few years ago...

Could it be that Gardenhire is really a steroid dealer that pops all their journeymen players with roids? No wonder Justin Morneau is such a beast!

Oblong
05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Between this and Grilli being traded, Tiger fans are at least getting off the field good news, if not on the field.

Personally, this Tiger fan is hoping Sheffield announces his retirement.

LoveYourSuit
05-05-2008, 10:48 PM

We'd be better just hitting 8 guys or instead DHing for the 2B rather than the Pitcher.

Nellie_Fox
05-06-2008, 12:32 AM
We'd be better just hitting 8 guys or instead DHing for the 2B rather than the Pitcher.You can't do either.

TDog
05-06-2008, 02:24 AM

Meanwhile .........

Were the White Sox not in the process of cutting their losses with Mr. Uribe when Richar went down?

I'm not sure how playing Gary Sheffield in the outfield is going to help the Tigers.

Billy Ashley
05-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Were the White Sox not in the process of cutting their losses with Mr. Uribe when Richar went down?

I'm not sure how playing Gary Sheffield in the outfield is going to help the Tigers.

If they really do intend to play him every day we should start an over under on how long it takes him to get hurt. I'm guessing his next start.

Also, regarding Urib... Maybe Fields could start at 2b. I kid.

Sockinchisox
05-06-2008, 11:26 AM

Sheffield is saying he can't hit when he's DHing..

Oblong
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
well he started last night and probably prevented a HR so you are wrong already. :cool:

The explanation given is that he feels he's more into the game when he's out in the field. He's just not comfortable as the DH sitting there in the dugout. We'll see. He's probably an upgrade over Jones out there anyway.

It's hard to say how it'll effect him because it seems a typical Sheffield game is 0-1 with 3 walks and a pop out.

TDog
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Sheffield is saying he can't hit when he's DHing..

How ironic. Over the long haul he can contribute more to the team defensively by DHing. This story sort of has an O. Henry twist to it.

Carlos Lee robbed a few people of home runs, but no one ever confused him with a solid dependable outfielder. To his credit, he never intentionally misplayed fly balls in the outfield in Milwaukee as Sheffield did.