PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee is desperate for P- Lets make a deal

regionsox73
05-05-2008, 01:21 AM
With the injuries and Gagne/Turnbow being awful, lets let the Brewers overpay to win now. I don't know what prospects they have but make a deal and we will throw in Contreras (before he goes in the tank), MacDougal, Dotel, etc. We can live without all of those guys. Keep the young pitching and go from there.

Bigfoot38
05-05-2008, 01:56 AM
only reason I want that to happen is Lance Broadway is myyy boyyy

DumpJerry
05-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Dotel was a FA signing by us. He can't be dealt just yet per the rules.

Jjav829
05-05-2008, 08:21 AM
With the injuries and Gagne/Turnbow being awful, lets let the Brewers overpay to win now. I don't know what prospects they have but make a deal and we will throw in Contreras (before he goes in the tank), MacDougal, Dotel, etc. We can live without all of those guys. Keep the young pitching and go from there.

I'm sure they're getting all giddy at the idea of giving us Matt LaPorta for MacDougal and Contreras!

btrain929
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM

So you're saying you'd be happy with our rotation being Vazquez/Buehrle/Danks/Floyd/Broadway?

I think we're lucky that we're doing so well with Danks and Floyd in there. Add a 3rd youngster? That's pushing it. I know Contreras is making a lot of money, but outside of his 1st start, he's been very solid.

cws05champ
05-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm sure they're getting all giddy at the idea of giving us Matt LaPorta for MacDougal and Contreras!
Whatever deal we make, it will just make it harder for the Tigers to compete with us! :smile:

btrain929
05-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Whatever deal we make, it will just make it harder for the Tigers to compete with us! :smile:

What can we do to make it harder for the Twins and Cleveland to compete with us? Those are the guys that own us.

kittle42
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Milwaukee - a team that has actually built itself through its own minor league system (what a concept), I'm sure will be willing to part with their fine young players for a 50 year-old starter and a guy who was just sent down to the minors. Great idea!

FedEx227
05-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeeeaaah... probably not going to see a Matt LaPorta for Jose Contereras trade. Sorry.

cheezheadsoxfan
05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I joked with the Brewers fans I work with about taking MacDougal. They found it hilarious.

kittle42
05-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I joked with the Brewers fans I work with about taking MacDougal. They found it hilarious.

They just got rid of their own MacDougal!

thomas35forever
05-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Please, the Brewers are trying to back to the playoffs for the first time in years. They're not gonna wanna deal for broken-down arms.

sullythered
05-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Please, the Brewers are trying to back to the playoffs for the first time in years. They're not gonna wanna deal for broken-down arms.
None of those arms are broken-down. A few of the brains are, though.

Tekijawa
05-05-2008, 01:54 PM
What if we send them McDougal, they trade us Matt LaPorta and we agree to send Greg Walker to the Cardinals? That would help their pitching staff more than anything!!!

turners56
05-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Let's see. MacDougal sucks. Octavio Blotel sucks. Eric Gagne does suck, but at least he has 10 saves. We're obviously not trading any of our pitchers to them, so I don't see it happening. Plus, who are we getting back anyhow?

SoxGirl4Life
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Let's see. MacDougal sucks. Octavio Blotel sucks. Eric Gagne does suck, but at least he has 10 saves. We're obviously not trading any of our pitchers to them, so I don't see it happening. Plus, who are we getting back anyhow?

lol.. one guy on Rongey's show yesterday suggested we send Uribe and MacDougal to Baltimore for Brian Roberts. ummm....:upsidehead:

Grzegorz
05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Tony Gwynn Jr. anyone?

sox1970
05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I could definitely see MacDougal getting moved to Milwaukee. That would make a ton of sense.

veeter
05-05-2008, 10:37 PM
If the Sox were out of it by mid-august, for fun, I'd like to rent the Brewers Crede and Jenks for the last month and a half. I think they'd win it all.

NADA SURF
05-12-2008, 03:27 PM
lol.. one guy on Rongey's show yesterday suggested we send Uribe and MacDougal to Baltimore for Brian Roberts. ummm....:upsidehead:I'd make that deal. Do you have a problem with that trade? LOL

NADA SURF
05-12-2008, 03:30 PM
I could definitely see MacDougal getting moved to Milwaukee. That would make a ton of sense.Which Sox player of value would they most likely deal anyway, not just to Milwaukee but to anyone?
Is Crede still the main guy?
Dye?
Konerko?
Who? and for what?
If I were KW, I'm not sure who I'd look to move right now.

btrain929
05-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Which Sox player of value would they most likely deal anyway, not just to Milwaukee but to anyone?
Dye?
Konerko?
Who? and for what?

Konerko: 10/5
Dye: no trade clause this year

The guys who probably has the most value would be Fields, Javy and Jenks, but I wouldn't want to see them go anywhere.

gosox41
05-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Which Sox player of value would they most likely deal anyway, not just to Milwaukee but to anyone?
Dye?
Konerko?
Who? and for what?

I'd move Thome preferably, then PK. I like Anderson's D in CF, Swisher at 1B and PK DHing.

But it won't happen for 3 reasons: No trade clauses, KW won't trade either unless it's so lopsided in the Sox favor, and no one will give up anything for either guy to take on that large of a salary.

Bob

SoxGirl4Life
05-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I'd make that deal. Do you have a problem with that trade? LOL

Of course WE would love that trade, but I don't think Baltimore got stupid all of a sudden tho.

NADA SURF
05-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Of course WE would love that trade, but I don't think Baltimore got stupid all of a sudden tho.The Orioles have been seriously stupid for a lot of years now.

KenBerryGrab
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
The Orioles have been seriously stupid for a lot of years now.

The new front office is showing signs of intelligent life, even with Angelos having veto power.
Their Bedard and Tejada trades got them good packages.

NADA SURF
05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
The new front office is showing signs of intelligent life, even with Angelos having veto power.
Their Bedard and Tejada trades got them good packages.Remember Berry?..amazing!

TheVulture
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Milwaukee - a team that has actually built itself through its own minor league system (what a concept), I'm sure will be willing to part with their fine young players for a 50 year-old starter and a guy who was just sent down to the minors. Great idea!

Yeah, one 83 win season in fifteen years is incredible. Why mess with that kind of success?

Dabchsx28
05-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah, one 83 win season in fifteen years is incredible. Why mess with that kind of success?
Thats funny