PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie: No lineup changes imminent

Sockinchisox
05-04-2008, 10:33 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080504-ozzie-guillen-white-sox-lineup,1,6760560.story

Parrothead
05-04-2008, 10:57 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. The Sox are moving up and the bats are getting hotter. The Sox got 4 hits today, maybe tomorrow they can get 6.

FedEx227
05-04-2008, 11:11 PM
I see us picking up 5-6 runs during one of the games in this next week.

Break up the WHITE SOX!

regionsox73
05-05-2008, 12:16 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080504-ozzie-guillen-white-sox-lineup,1,6760560.story

Really though, what lineup changes could he make? We don't have a leadoff guy anywhere on the roster. Pablo would be the closest thing? Maybe play the hot hands so you would hit Quentin 3, Crede 4. Baring injuries or trade we are stuck with the base cloggers. We are in need of a lineup angioplasty.

For kicks, I say bring up Owens and try this.

CF Owens
LF Quentin
3B Crede
DH Konerko/Thome
RF Dye
1B Swisher
SS Cabrera
C AJ
2B Uribe (Ugh)

It is something different. Probably wouldn't work, but oh well.

oeo
05-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Really though, what lineup changes could he make? We don't have a leadoff guy anywhere on the roster. Pablo would be the closest thing? Maybe play the hot hands so you would hit Quentin 3, Crede 4. Baring injuries or trade we are stuck with the base cloggers. We are in need of a lineup angioplasty.

CF Owens
LF Quentin
3B Crede
DH Konerko/Thome
RF Dye
1B Swisher
SS Cabrera
C AJ
2B Uribe (Ugh)

Joe Crede is hot? :?:

He hasn't been hot since about April 10th. Are people still riding that great first week?

Jjav829
05-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Really though, what lineup changes could he make?

Well, for one thing, we could move the best hitter we've had all season long up a little higher in the order than 7th.

The Dude
05-05-2008, 07:29 AM

CF Owens
LF Quentin
3B Crede
DH Konerko/Thome
RF Dye
1B Swisher
SS Cabrera
C AJ
2B Uribe (Ugh)

I'm sorry but this lineup is terrible. :scratch:

regionsox73
05-05-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry but this lineup is terrible. :scratch:

There are no other options. You have to play with the cards dealt. Shuffling the talent with the current talent might only get an extra win or two.

soxrme
05-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Memo to Dye: when you have two strikes on you they are going to throw a low outside pitch (known as the Sosa strikeout pitch) DO NOT SWING!!:angry:

ondafarm
05-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Not a great fan of that lineup, but I do think a shakeup is deseparately overdue. Moving Swisher out of CF will free him up more to be a more productive offensive player.

balke
05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
The only change I could think of right now that I might like is flopping Cabrera and Quentin.

Quentin gets on base, and has power to drive Swisher in when he's on base. Might as well try getting on the board even earlier while Thome struggles so hard. I think overall it might be better to have Cabrera in that spot when the offense gets going, but right now simply getting the runner over isn't helping, cause Thome isn't driving the runner in.

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 09:23 AM
The only change I could think of right now that I might like is flopping Cabrera and Quentin.

Quentin gets on base, and has power to drive Swisher in when he's on base. Might as well try getting on the board even earlier while Thome struggles so hard. I think overall it might be better to have Cabrera in that spot when the offense gets going, but right now simply getting the runner over isn't helping, cause Thome isn't driving the runner in.

Actually, If I'd do anything, It would be to let someone else lead off for a week. Give it to Cabrera and move Quentin to second and bounce Swisher down to 6th or 7th to see if he can find his swing. Of course he drove the ball well twice yesterday and got robbed of another double on Saturday, so maybe it's moot. I also hesitate to **** with TCQ in any way. He's young and having success. Not moving him around would probably be for the best. Could try AJ in the two hole. He'd see more fastballs and he's got good bat control.

balke
05-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Its obvious right now that the key guy to this lineup is Thome. How is he going to beat the shift? How many years has he seen the shift? Its just disgusting seeing a perfect single get stolen away by the 2Bman playing midfield.

Is it really that hard to push the ball to 3rd base? Or is he not going to be content with a single?

VeeckAsInWreck
05-05-2008, 10:00 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. The Sox are moving up and the bats are getting hotter. The Sox got 4 hits today, maybe tomorrow they can get 6.

:tealtutor:

I would be happy with 6 hits tonight, provided that they come with people on base after a couple of walks.

Sad
05-05-2008, 10:02 AM
I'd consider moving up Quentin... that's about it...