PDA

View Full Version : Wondering how people are voting?


doctor30th
05-01-2002, 05:47 PM
I don't intend to change anyones opinoin. Nor am I looking to get mine changed, I just wanna see what people are voting so far so we can get a discussion about it.

AL /NL

1st
P. Konerko / E. Karros

2nd
R. Durham / R. Alomar

3rd
E. Chavez / M. Lowell

SS
A. Rodriguez / R. Aurilia

C
G. Gil / M. Piazza

OF
M. Ordonez / S. Sosa
M. Ramirez / V. Guerrero
Torii Hunter / L. Berkman

TimChamp
05-01-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I don't intend to change anyones opinoin. Nor am I looking to get mine changed, I just wanna see what people are voting so far so we can get a discussion about it.

AL /NL

1st
P. Konerko / E. Karros

2nd
R. Durham / R. Alomar

3rd
E. Chavez / M. Lowell

SS
A. Rodriguez / R. Aurilia

C
G. Gil / M. Piazza

OF
M. Ordonez / S. Sosa
M. Ramirez / V. Guerrero
Torii Hunter / L. Berkman

WHAT??? No Kenny Lofton??? :whiner:

doctor30th
05-01-2002, 06:03 PM
I think Torii Hunter is More deserving. Lofton is doing great, but Hunter had been doing better.

TimChamp
05-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I think Torii Hunter is More deserving. Lofton is doing great, but Hunter had been doing better.

I guess you don't lean the way I do in voting...I lean towards the Sox that is... :D:

doctor30th
05-01-2002, 06:18 PM
I vote for people who deserve to go. Not that Kenny doesn't, But Magglio, Manny and Torii are all before him. I cheer the Sox but I don't just Blindly cast votes for the All-star game.

FanOf14
05-01-2002, 06:24 PM
How can they keep Konerko off the ballot?! I know Thomas is a fan favorite, but that sucks rocks...Magglio isn't getting my vote, but Lofton is...

HawkDJ
05-01-2002, 06:26 PM
I only know AL so...

C- Jorge Posada
1B- Paul Konerko
2B- Alfonso Soriano
3B- Shane Hillenbrand (I know I know, but he's doing good)
SS- Alex Rodriguez
OF- Manny Ramirez
OF- Kenny Lofton
OF- Magglio Ordonez

doctor30th
05-01-2002, 06:28 PM
Nothing Wrong with Shane Hillenbrand. Actually a pretty good choice. I might have to switch from Chavez to him.

Mathew
05-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Alomar
Thomas
Durham
Pay Rod
Valentin
Lee
Lofton
Ordonez

Write in Paul K

It's already a sham so no reason to not join in.

doctor30th
05-01-2002, 07:01 PM
If you vote for Thomas and Write in Konerko your Ballot would be no good and wouldn't be counted.

kermittheefrog
05-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
I vote for people who deserve to go. Not that Kenny doesn't, But Magglio, Manny and Torii are all before him. I cheer the Sox but I don't just Blindly cast votes for the All-star game.

Out of curiousity, how does one who votes for the most deserving player cast a vote for Eric Karros?

Being the unbiased stathead I am, my All-Star ballot gets very biased because hell that's what the All-Star game is for. I've got a Sox bias going in the AL and an Expos bias in the NL.

C
Jorge Posada / Michael Barrett
1B
Frank Thomas / Phil Nevin
2B
Ray Durham / Jose Vidro
3B
Eric Chavez / Scott Rolen
SS
Alex Rodriguez / Orlando Cabrera
OF
Magglio Ordonez / Vlad Guerrero
Kenny Lofton / Lance Berkman
Mike Cameron / Barry Bonds

The only votes there I see possibly changing are NL catcher if Barrett turns out to just be on a big hot streak and third AL OF could move to Ramirez, Beltran, Ichiro or somebody else.

FanOf14
05-01-2002, 07:34 PM
How can you vote for Thomas? Write in Konerko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimChamp
05-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Being the unbiased stathead I am, my All-Star ballot gets very biased because hell that's what the All-Star game is for. I've got a Sox bias going in the AL and an Expos bias in the NL.


Kermit knows what's going on...preach on brotha! :gulp:

voodoochile
05-01-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
How can you vote for Thomas? Write in Konerko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you NOT vote for Frank, the best Sox player ever?

doublem23
05-01-2002, 07:41 PM
If your gonna vote someone onto the all star team, please at least know what his name is...

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/photo/ph_play_mugshot_150167.jpg
That's Shea Hillenbrand!

Daver
05-01-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


How can you NOT vote for Frank, the best Sox player ever?

:shoeless

You absoluteley positive on that statement?

FanOf14
05-01-2002, 07:48 PM
I can say "write in Konerko" because his numbers, this year and last, are better than Thomas's and because Thomas ISN'T our regular firstbase man. The Hall is for best ever, not the all-stars, at least that isn't what the all-stars are supposed to be.

doublem23
05-01-2002, 08:00 PM
AMERICAN LEAGUE:

C - AJ Pierzynski; Twins
1B - Paul Konerko; Sox
2B - Alfonso Soriano; Yankees
3B - Robin Ventura; Yankees (I had too! :smile: )
SS - Nomar Garciaparra; Red Sox
OF - Torii Hunter; Twins
OF - Manny Ramirez; Red Sox
OF - Magglio Ordonez; Sox

I don't know the NL very well, but thus far, I'd say this:

C - Mike Barrett; Expos
1B - Phil Nevin; Padres
2B - Junior Spivey; Diamondbacks
3B - Mike Lowell; Marlins
SS - Jimmy Rollins; Phillies
OF - Vladamir Guerrero; Expos
OF - Jim Edmonds; Cardinals
OF - Barry Bonds; Giants

HawkDJ
05-01-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
If your gonna vote someone onto the all star team, please at least know what his name is...

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/photo/ph_play_mugshot_150167.jpg
That's Shea Hillenbrand!

lol :D: Sorry I'm just not too familiar with this guy. He has been putting up good numbers thats all I know.

doctor30th
05-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog


Out of curiousity, how does one who votes for the most deserving player cast a vote for Eric Karros?



Most likeily cause I had a brain Freeze and Missed Phil Nevin. But Eric Karros is definitly the Second most deserving.

voodoochile
05-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by daver


:shoeless

You absoluteley positive on that statement?

Yes I am, 1919 alone should preclude Shoeless from consideration, IMO. Don't give me stats, he at least must have known something.

Frank is the man...