PDA

View Full Version : remember last year

misty60481
05-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I ve been hearing and listening--on the score-- about how bringing up Owens to bat lead-off will improve the team. If Im not mistaken didnt he play over half a year last year and bat lead-off ? Why didnt we do better ? If anything we were probably one of the worst teams in our division the last half of last year. Why do we want to reapeat that.

veeter
05-04-2008, 08:05 PM
The second half last year was hardly Owens' fault. When you have Andy Gonzalez and Alex Cintron starting everyday you have HUGE problems. Not to mention most of the vets mailed it in the last month and a half. Jerry was actually one of the bright spots.

Noneck
05-04-2008, 08:19 PM
The second half last year was hardly Owens' fault. When you have Andy Gonzalez and Alex Cintron starting everyday you have HUGE problems. Not to mention most of the vets mailed it in the last month and a half. Jerry was actually one of the bright spots.
And don't forget about Thomes 12 HR's during that Sept/Oct crunch time of last season.

infohawk
05-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Every time I hear the name "Andy Gonzalez" I shudder! He wasn't all that ailed the Sox last year, but he's the perfect poster boy. We should refer to the 2007 Sox as the "Andy Gonzalez Era." Not that is was just him, but he personified the kind of offense we had - a group of low on-base percentage hackers.

Frontman
05-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Ah, I remember 2007. Its seems like the season never ended.

Wait, it IS 2008.

And the Sox are playing the same type of baseball 5 weeks into this season, after a great start.

You had to bring it up, didn't you?

*sigh.* *sniff*

I want to go cry now and watch "Sox Pride" over and over again, muttering, 'Just one more time, just one more time. Doooooon't stop, believin!!!!"

SoxGirl4Life
05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Ah, I remember 2007. Its seems like the season never ended.

Wait, it IS 2008.

And the Sox are playing the same type of baseball 5 weeks into this season, after a great start.

You had to bring it up, didn't you?

*sigh.* *sniff*

I want to go cry now and watch "Sox Pride" over and over again, muttering, 'Just one more time, just one more time. Doooooon't stop, believin!!!!"

I feel the same way. Not again. Pleeeeaasse, not again.:gah:

jenn2080
05-05-2008, 09:10 AM
I remember last year like it was yesterday. Oh wait. That's because the Sox have been playing like they did last year.