PDA

View Full Version : Rongey Question?

Jenks4Prez
05-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Why is a St. Louis Cardinals fan and former modeling agent the pregame and postgame commentator for the Chicago White Sox?

getonbckthr
05-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't know but he does a solid job.

itsnotrequired
05-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Why is a St. Louis Cardinals fan and former modeling agent the pregame and postgame commentator for the Chicago White Sox?

Because he was hired to do the job.

Why do you work where you work?

SoxandtheCityTee
05-04-2008, 06:08 PM
And what is up with all the Ranger threads? :scratch:

Daver
05-04-2008, 06:10 PM

I wouldn't take the job, since it was a paycut from what I make being a mod here.

hose
05-05-2008, 12:28 AM

...eh he's got a face for radio ?:cool:

Why is a Sox fan with a very large head doing the Tampa Bay Rays radio?

Noneck
05-05-2008, 12:33 AM
And why is a Blow Sox lover doing TV play by play for the White Sox?

FedEx227
05-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Because he was hired to do the job.

GASP!

TDog
05-05-2008, 12:50 AM

Why is it that a former Red Sox player who goes on and on about Carl Yastrzemski is the White Sox TV announcer? What is a White Sox fan doing broadcasting for Tampa Bay? Why is it that outside Wrigley Field there is a statue of a man who grew up in St. Louis and broadcast Cardinals games for 25 years?

voodoochile
05-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Why is it that a former Red Sox player who goes on and on about Carl Yastrzemski is the White Sox TV announcer? What is a White Sox fan doing broadcasting for Tampa Bay? Why is it that outside Wrigley Field there is a statue of a man who grew up in St. Louis and broadcast Cardinals games for 25 years?

Because he helped turn the flubbies into a cash cow...

DumpJerry
05-05-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm with ya, Jenks. All he talks about is White Sox, White Sox, White Sox.

I want to hear about the modeling.:rolleyes:

spiffie
05-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I wonder if he would be able to do anything with my headshots.

Ranger
05-05-2008, 11:13 AM

Sounds like someone had their feelings hurt.

Tekijawa
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Any man who is raised hating the Cubs and figured out to get paid to look at hot women all day is good in my book!

He's also my brother's college friend and a good guy. I like him.

Lip Man 1
05-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I have no issues listening to Chris.

Lip

October26
05-05-2008, 12:16 PM
You can add me to the list of Rongey fans. I think he does a fine job. I listen to all Sox coverage on the Score (670AM) including the pre-game, game, post game shows and White Sox weekly. When they have Cubs players on for interviews or do Cub segments, I turn off the radio or switch to XM radio. I like Chris Rongey and I think he is doing the best he can during this nasty losing streak that the White Sox have been on lately.

rdwj
05-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I like him too. He does a nice job.

UofCSoxFan
05-05-2008, 01:35 PM
You can add me to the list of Rongey fans. I think he does a fine job. I listen to all Sox coverage on the Score (670AM) including the pre-game, game, post game shows and White Sox weekly. When they have Cubs players on for interviews or do Cub segments, I turn off the radio or switch to XM radio. I like Chris Rongey and I think he is doing the best he can during this nasty losing streak that the White Sox have been on lately.

I really don't envy the Ranger. He does a great job but some of the calls he has to deal with, especially after losses, are just unreal. The guy arguing with him about playing Richar over Uribe was surreal (the guy didn't know Richar was injured, just that he was good last year). I think I'd have racked up a few FCC fines if I were in his position.

spiffie
05-05-2008, 02:24 PM
It is a rock and a hard place. Rongey has to deal with the most insane people in Chicago, and he has to keep management happy at all times. Juan Uribe could walk out to home plate and club a kitten with his bat and then make a cocktail out of the blood and Rongey would have to find a way to spin it so that its a positive. To be put in a position where you cannot offer anything but the most oblique and gentle criticism, while having to converse with the most rabidly negative fans cannot be a very easy job.

Noneck
05-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Rongey has to deal with the most insane people in Chicago, and he has to keep management happy at all times.
That is the exact point most people don't realize. This holds true with the radio and TV broadcasters also. I feel as tho Rongey and the radio announcers do an excellent job walking that tightrope, I can't say the same for the TV PBP guy tho. The days of Harry and Jimmy are long gone.

we'renotgood
05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I think Rongey is a horrible Sox apologist, just as Hub Arkush was for the bears. Many of the callers have valid concerns and although they are negative, they are factually correct. Rongey does everything in his power to spin it and frustrate the caller even further, interrupting or outright insulting them. I know he's paid to be a homer, but his call-in portions of his show are just unlistenable at this point. I think that's what made Dave Wills such a great host..he wasn't afraid to call it like he saw it.

esbrechtel
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I like the ranger...but I am also biased because he gave me a TTS giftcard :D:

KingXerxes
05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I feel a bit sorry for the guy when the White Sox are going through stretches like this.

What is he supposed to say when somebody calls up and blurts out, "I'm not happy with the offensive output of this team!"?

That being said, I disagreed with his perspective yesterday when he stated that it's his belief that a lack of speed makes no difference on the White Sox as to whether they're hitting or not. I think that if you had some speed in the line-up, it puts pressure on the opposing pitcher and defense which leads to mistakes being made on the opposition's part, and doubles being hit into gaps on our part.

I realize you can't steal first base, but if you can get someone on first base occasionally you can steal second, it would be nice.

spawn
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
What is a former Diamondbacks manager broadcasting Cubs games? Why is a former Cubs first baseman doing color commentary for the Diamondbacks? If Rongey does a solid job with the pre and postgame shows, why the **** should we care what his previous profession was?

ksimpson14
05-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I haven't heard him this season but in the past I thought he's done a good job with being honest when the team deserved.

Modeling agent? Ranger, hook me up!

Droso5
05-05-2008, 04:26 PM
The Ranger does a fantastic job! All of the idiots that he has to talk to on a nightly basis would be too much for many other mere mortals. From Rowand to the "passion and fire" debates the man has stuck with it and not gone completely insane. Maybe he has picked a problem with the booze or pills to cope with the pain, but hey, we're all human.:gulp:

In fact, I think this man deserves his own thread.....

Beer Can Chicken
05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I like Rongey; I've always considered him a straight shooter. He's the voice of reason on the post-game shows. You can tell he gets really pissed when people ask moronic questions.

SoxGirl4Life
05-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I think Rongey is a horrible Sox apologist, just as Hub Arkush was for the bears. Many of the callers have valid concerns and although they are negative, they are factually correct. Rongey does everything in his power to spin it and frustrate the caller even further, interrupting or outright insulting them. I know he's paid to be a homer, but his call-in portions of his show are just unlistenable at this point. I think that's what made Dave Wills such a great host..he wasn't afraid to call it like he saw it.

:dtroll:

Droso5
05-05-2008, 05:48 PM

Nice....Take note folks, with one post under this posters belt be worried.....

I think WSI has just witnessed its first Gimmick Account! I wonder which poster is behind it.

turners56
05-05-2008, 06:00 PM

I had no idea he was a Cardinals fan. I thought he was a New York guy? Whatever the case may be, he does his job, he tries to be not so biased, yet biased at the same time.

jabrch
05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Rongey puts up with the dumbest of the dumb who call in to his show - when they don't have time to post on message boards. Bless him...

we'renotgood
05-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I love it. One post that disagrees with the masses, and I get flamed for it. I have to admit, I'm surprised at the number of people rushing to his defense. I wish we had someone who would at least acknowledge when the Sox are playing bad, the manager makes a bad decision, etc, but all we get are the"this team has too much talent" blah blah I've heard for a year and a half. If all of you Rongey supporters are happy with the status quo, I feel sorry for you. He couldn't hold Wills's jock.

regionsox73
05-05-2008, 08:40 PM

I am waiting to hear the Hub, "you never played the game" line. Hub was a D3 DB at Lake Forest college or something. I love that. Or the Doug Gottlieb, "When you played at a high level... like I did..."

Chez
05-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I am waiting to hear the Hub, "you never played the game" line. Hub was a D3 DB at Lake Forest college or something. I love that. Or the Doug Gottlieb, "When you played at a high level... like I did..."

If memory serves, Doug Gottlieb was a damn good point guard at Oklahoma State. He has cred.

regionsox73
05-05-2008, 08:45 PM
If memory serves, Doug Gottlieb was a damn good point guard at Oklahoma State. He has cred.

The 5.9 ppg as a senior were amazing. No I remember Mac and Jurko ripping him for that line. He also got kicked out of ND for stealing a roommates credit card. Gottlieb is must change the channel TV.

SoxandtheCityTee
05-05-2008, 08:58 PM
:dtroll:

No kidding. The guy registers to complain about Rongey.

Brian26
05-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I think that's what made Dave Wills such a great host..he wasn't afraid to call it like he saw it.

In nine years, I heard Wills break bad on one guy- Armando Rios (after a game in which Rios couldn't get a bunt down in the late innings).

QCIASOXFAN
05-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Rongey does an excellent job. God bless him for staying sane when dealing with all the nutjob callers.

TheOldRoman
05-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I think Rongey is a horrible Sox apologist, just as Hub Arkush was for the bears. Many of the callers have valid concerns and although they are negative, they are factually correct. Rongey does everything in his power to spin it and frustrate the caller even further, interrupting or outright insulting them. I know he's paid to be a homer, but his call-in portions of his show are just unlistenable at this point. I think that's what made Dave Wills such a great host..he wasn't afraid to call it like he saw it.:rolleyes:
Dave Wills routinely cut off dumbasses. But you are right. He shouldn't spare us from such thoughtful insights as:

"Dis team is a freakin' mess. Dey need to fire Ozzie and fire Kenny Williams cuz all dey talk about is grinders. Dis team got no chance cuz all dese players are over the hill. At least dey gots dese idiots sayin 'oh my god, dese guys can't do nuttit wrong cuz dey won a freakin series on 05. Oh my god, 05!" Dey need some power in the lineup. Deyawtta trade Thome and dat Burger-oys kid for Albert Pujols. Pujols would really spark dese guys up."

Jenks4Prez
05-05-2008, 09:40 PM
:rolleyes:
Dave Wills routinely cut off dumbasses. But you are right. He shouldn't spare us from such thoughtful insights as:

"Dis team is a freakin' mess. Dey need to fire Ozzie and fire Kenny Williams cuz all dey talk about is grinders. Dis team got no chance cuz all dese players are over the hill. At least dey gots dese idiots sayin 'oh my god, dese guys can't do nuttit wrong cuz dey won a freakin series on 05. Oh my god, 05!" Dey need some power in the lineup. Deyawtta trade Thome and dat Burger-oys kid for Albert Pujols. Pujols would really spark dese guys up."

How's the view from your Ivory Tower Old Roman?

Hannon312
05-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Rongey knows nothing about baseball. He probably never played a game of organzied sports in his life and now he's giving his take on what is going on with the White Sox. He should get a pink slip like many people associated with the Sox!!!!!

itsnotrequired
05-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Rongey knows nothing about baseball. He probably never played a game of organzied sports in his life and now he's giving his take on what is going on with the White Sox. He should get a pink slip like many people associated with the Sox!!!!!

*choking*

hi im skot
05-05-2008, 11:11 PM

Why fault a guy for never playing "organzied" sports?

On behalf of the Ranger, here's a choke threat.

:happybday

hi im skot
05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
*choking*

Um...great minds...?

Daver
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Rongey knows nothing about baseball.

I seriously doubt you know much about it either.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Um...great minds...?

His story about the text-message-choke-threat will keep me entertained for days.

hi im skot
05-05-2008, 11:18 PM
His story about the text-message-choke-threat will keep me entertained for days.

I'm still trying to figure out how Elijah Dukes got Rongey's cell number...

"You dead, dawg." (http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=2943)

Hannon312
05-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I coach a Chicago High School baseball team, and manage a 18y.o. and a 16y.o. team over the summer. We dont have the best talent, I just use by knowledge of baseball and capitalize on other managers/coaches mistakes to win games.

My record in the past with those teams over the years prove I know baseball.

spiffie
05-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Why fault a guy for never playing "organzied" sports?

:happybday
That seems to be a counter argument for anyone who criticizes the Sox. Many times the "how many World Series rings do you have?" card is thrown down the minute anyone breathes an untoward word in the direction of management.

hi im skot
05-05-2008, 11:42 PM
I coach a Chicago High School baseball team, and manage a 18y.o. and a 16y.o. team over the summer. We dont have the best talent, I just use by knowledge of baseball and capitalize on other managers/coaches mistakes to win games.

My fantasy baseball team is in third place right now.

BOOM!

Hannon312
05-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Fantasy sports is just that, a fantasy....doesnt count.

kaufsox
05-06-2008, 12:37 AM

I'm sure you'll be in the big leagues any time now. And, how do you know if Rongey never played organized sports?

ksimpson14
05-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Post the ****ing record :angry:

Bump34
05-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks to a day off in Toronto, I went to the game tonight and I sat with my broadcast partner in the 1st row behind the White Sox dugout...

First of all... I was probably as frustrated as everyone else that Uribe didn't try to score early in game on the grounder to short...

Secondly... having spent some time with a few of the staff on Sunday night they know they have let a few great pitching performances get away this weekend in Toronto...

And finally... as we were walking back after the game my broadcast partner asked me what would the postgame show be like after a game and stretch the White Sox had...

And I said... I would have said... they just finished facing what I believe is the best pitching staff top to bottom, in the AL... its been a bad week... but there is soooo much time to turn it around... Thome, Konerko and Swisher will hit.... and I told him I would be called a Walker apologist...Ozzie apologist and White Sox apologist... but in the end... I said I probably would have just let the listeners vent!!!

Chris is in a no-win situation after losses...

It is sooooo much easier being the play by play announcer...

Hang in there.... here's hoping the White Sox turn it around soon... and then scuffle just once more at the end of May...

SoxandtheCityTee
05-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks for stopping by and for the good thoughts. Always a pleasure to hear from you.

LoveYourSuit
05-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks to a day off in Toronto, I went to the game tonight and I sat with my broadcast partner in the 1st row behind the White Sox dugout...

First of all... I was probably as frustrated as everyone else that Uribe didn't try to score early in game on the grounder to short...

Secondly... having spent some time with a few of the staff on Sunday night they know they have let a few great pitching performances get away this weekend in Toronto...

And finally... as we were walking back after the game my broadcast partner asked me what would the postgame show be like after a game and stretch the White Sox had...

And I said... I would have said... they just finished facing what I believe is the best pitching staff top to bottom, in the AL... its been a bad week... but there is soooo much time to turn it around... Thome, Konerko and Swisher will hit.... and I told him I would be called a Walker apologist...Ozzie apologist and White Sox apologist... but in the end... I said I probably would have just let the listeners vent!!!

Chris is in a no-win situation after losses...

It is sooooo much easier being the play by play announcer...

Hang in there.... here's hoping the White Sox turn it around soon... and then scuffle just once more at the end of May...

:scratch: Sorry for asking, who are you?

Ranger
05-06-2008, 02:47 AM

Wonderful. Another guy with credentials. Congrats on out-managing other coaches of 16 and 18 year olds. Quite impressive. I'll be shocked if the New York Mets aren't contacting you soon since your high school experience certainly qualifies you to assess MLB games better than the rest of us can. After all, the Mets were about to hire George Costanza, why wouldn't they want you?

On another note, good to hear from you, Dave. See you here in Chicago in August!

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2008, 03:03 AM
Wonderful. Another guy with credentials. Congrats on out-managing other coaches of 16 and 18 year olds. Quite impressive. I'll be shocked if the New York Mets aren't contacting you soon since your high school experience certainly qualifies you to assess MLB games better than the rest of us can. After all, the Mets were about to hire George Costanza, why wouldn't they want you?

On another note, good to hear from you, Dave. See you here in Chicago in August!
I've said it once and I'll say it again, George Costanza might be the greatest traveling secretary in the league bar none. Why do you think the Yankees won all of those titles when he was around? He knows where to put the players!

jabrch
05-06-2008, 06:35 AM

Thanks Dave...come home soon - we miss you!

itsnotrequired
05-06-2008, 06:58 AM

George worked with the Yankees, not the Mets.

Ranger demonstrates once again that he knows nothing about baseball.

whitesoxwilkes
05-06-2008, 08:29 AM
:scratch: Sorry for asking, who are you?

:willsy

"Know the rules, drillrod."

harwar
05-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I,for the life of me,cannot understand all the Rongey hate. :?:
I think the guy is doing a great job and I,for one,am glad that he got hired.
The guy cracks me up and knows more about baseball than some of the experts that call in and ramble on and on in a somewhat incoherent fashion.
It seems to me that "ranger" is about one wacked-out caller away from having his head pop off and explode across the room:wired:so lay off the guy
Also,who is this drillrod "Bump 34"?
I still miss the guy..

doublem23
05-06-2008, 09:15 AM

Are you telling me you don't remember the episode when George dragged the World Series trophy around Yankee Stadium in an effort to get fired by the Yankees?

aaaaaaaaaaaaargh nothing is going right this week.

kitekrazy
05-06-2008, 10:21 AM

"We're not worthy.....We're not worthy.....We're not worthy....."

Hopefully you realize in MLB the inmates run the asylum. A coach or manager is a tall midget compared to the players.

Ranger
05-06-2008, 11:27 AM

That he did. However, the Mets wanted to hire him as director of scouting but he had to get fired from the Yankees first. "Hey, Body Suit Man!!!"

Hannon312
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
I am working on interviews with some college teams on the West Coast, so my resume speaks for itself. I will be coaching college ball next season I am sure of that.

I wouldnt want the Mets job anyways, their fans are like Cub fans!

The only way Rongey played organized sports is if his parents donated a large sum of money to the school! I love it when parents call and ask me why their kid isnt on the team or isnt playing, despite the contribution they made to the school.........I come out and tell them their kid sucks and he should take up another sport/hobby!

CHISOXFAN13
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I am working on interviews with some college teams on the West Coast, so my resume speaks for itself. I will be coaching college ball next season I am sure of that.

The only way Rongey played organized sports is if his parents donated a large sum of money to the school! I love it when parents call and ask me why their kid isnt on the team or isnt playing, despite the contribution they made to the school.........I come out and tell them their kid sucks and he should take up another sport/hobby!

What high school do you coach at?

SoxGirl4Life
05-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I think Rongey earns his stripes more as social psychologist, than former ball player.

Most of his callers are certifiable

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2008, 11:33 AM
That he did. However, the Mets wanted to hire him as director of scouting but he had to get fired from the Yankees first. "Hey, Body Suit Man!!!"
I thought they wanted him as assistant GM.

Ranger
05-06-2008, 11:48 AM

It looks like more congratulations are in order. Best of luck to you at Folsom Lake College next year.

5187, they wanted him to be director of scouting and as hard as he tried to get fired, the Mets ended up hiring Wilhelm instead. You are half-right, though. There was an episode where the Yankees were thinking about promoting him to assistant GM but then Steinbrenner sees George's wrecked car in the parking lot and thinks he died so he hires someone else.

hi im skot
05-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Fantasy sports is just that, a fantasy....doesnt count.

Why must you crush my hopes and dreams?

:whiner:

Hannon312
05-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Ranger is really Rongey!!!!!

I will not give out what high school I am at because the Cubs fans on here, I mean Sox fans will be bombing the school with phone calls because I dumped on their savior, Chris Rongey!

Think Pac 10 or Mountain West conference!

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 11:56 AM

I will not give out what high school I am at because the Cubs fans on here, I mean Sox fans will be bombing the school with phone calls because I dumped on their savior, Chris Rongey!

Go ahead, call us flubbie fans one more time. I dares ya...

CHISOXFAN13
05-06-2008, 11:57 AM

I'm very FAMILIAR with the high school baseball scene so unless you give me a school, I don'yt believe you.

PM it to me then.

hi im skot
05-06-2008, 11:57 AM

I played little league as a kid. In three years, I had four hits. Does that have anything to do with my knowledge (or lack thereof) of baseball?

Silly argument.

Hannon312
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Tell your story walking Cubs fans.....I mean Sox fans

hi im skot
05-06-2008, 12:03 PM

Don't be silly...Aaron Rowand is our saviour.

Sad
05-06-2008, 12:04 PM
:popcorn:

ksimpson14
05-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I have been told that Hannon is Ed Farmer

Don't dodge me son, post the ****ing record :angry:

CHISOXFAN13
05-06-2008, 12:05 PM

I'm sure you will wow those Pac 10 athletic directors with your witty responses. And it only took you five pages to realize Rongey was on the thread.

I'm impressed.

kaufsox
05-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I played little league as a kid. In three years, I had four hits. Does that have anything to do with my knowledge (or lack thereof) of baseball?

Silly argument.

Don't you know that in order to discuss sports you must have played them at the highest level? Or coach them at least to the high school level, anything less and you're obviously ill-informed.

hi im skot
05-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Don't you know that in order to discuss sports you must have played them at the highest level? Or coach them at least to the high school level, anything less and you're obviously ill-informed.

I was afraid of that.

It's just too bad Hannon wasn't my coach back in little league...I could have been a star.

voodoochile
05-06-2008, 12:09 PM

Ooooo.... bad move...

But hey, I'm a nice guy, so you can come back after the season is over.

Jerko
05-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Ooooo.... bad move...

But hey, I'm a nice guy, so you can come back after the season is over.

He'll be much too busy getting his Stanford team ready for 09 to come back here.

whitesoxwilkes
05-06-2008, 12:21 PM
He'll be much too busy getting his Stanford team ready for 09 to come back here.

Maybe he'll coach the next Joe Borchard!

DumpJerry
05-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Ahem. I am getting the Stanford job this Fall. This is based on my work as a minor league instructor with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Most of their success this year is attributable to the skills I instilled in their young players over the past three years.

Before that, I held a similar position with the Florida Marlins. They gave me a 2003 World Series Ring with the following inscription on the inside: "DumpJerry, this would not be possible without you!"

If any of you challenge my claim, I will hold my breath until the Sox win three in a row.

Jenks4Prez
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Ranger,

Shouldn't you be on the streets trying to get 15 year olds to sign up for Barbizon?

DumpJerry
05-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Ranger,

Shouldn't you be on the streets trying to get 15 year olds to sign up for Barbizon?
One more attack on a poster, no matter who it is, you're on the sidelines.

Your only warning.

Frontman
05-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I have a feeling Ranger's post game show tonight will be must-listen to material; considering the blow-up-doll-Gate issue and how Ozzie has been oh so mean to Chicago fans.

And the Ranger should have a support system. Dealing with some of the crazy callers might eventually rub off on him. You know, "the more you look into the Abyss...."

Ranger does fine. Anyone willing to beg the team to "get a win, please?" during a pre-game show is obviously one of us; and wants the team to do well.

JB98
05-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I have a feeling Ranger's post game show tonight will be must-listen to material; considering the blow-up-doll-Gate issue and how Ozzie has been oh so mean to Chicago fans.

And the Ranger should have a support system. Dealing with some of the crazy callers might eventually rub off on him. You know, "the more you look into the Abyss...."

Ranger does fine. Anyone willing to beg the team to "get a win, please?" during a pre-game show is obviously one of us; and wants the team to do well.

For the sake of Ranger and the mods here, I hope the Sox win tonight. This is getting a little rough......

SoxGirl4Life
05-06-2008, 07:06 PM
For the sake of Ranger and the mods here, I hope the Sox win tonight. This is getting a little rough......

Some of us saner folks could try to roadblock the post-game show and keep the creepies from getting on.

SluggersAway
05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I listened to Ranger via the internet for the first time last night because of this thread and I must say I quite enjoyed it.

Thank you for a quality broadcast.

Postscript: I hit a home run in my last little league at bat, does that establish my baseball bone fides?

jlim
05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
First caller to Rongey tonight is complaining about Ozzie pulling Gavin after the hit.
:rolleyes:

Frontman
05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Honestly, we need to buy the Ranger mucho drinks in the Bullpen sports bar to put up with some of these calls. Then folks wonder why Boers and Berstein can get so cruel with teasing the moronic who call in.

soxstarter
05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Rongey is great with all the callers and does a great job of keeping talk of the Sox on a sane level.....going for his own lifetime no-hitter.

WhiteSox5187
05-06-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't listen to other teams post game shows, but are all the callers this crazy? If they aren't Rongey might have the hardest job in baseball.

SoxGirl4Life
05-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I don't listen to other teams post game shows, but are all the callers this crazy? If they aren't Rongey might have the hardest job in baseball.

i think he wins this contest regardless.