PDA

View Full Version : On a positive note, kudos to the pitching staff.

regionsox73
05-04-2008, 03:48 PM
3rd overall in the AL in ERA.

Starters have been a surprise for the most part. I had a bad feeling about Danks, Contreras, and Floyd going into the season, but they have been solid. We should have won 20 games.

Bullpen is better now that MacDougal is gone, Dotel is still a concern, and Jenks was disappointing in 2 outings, but by in large even the bullpen is good.

So thanks to those guys. Last year we would lose games 9-2 with 2 solo homers, now we lose 4-2 with 2 solo homers.

Frater Perdurabo
05-04-2008, 03:50 PM
:threadrules:

spiffie
05-04-2008, 03:53 PM
The pitching has been a big surprise this year. The fact the two young arms have looked so solid is a major reason for optimism, even if not about this year, for the years coming up.

Optipessimism
05-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I never would have guessed we'd be praising the starting staff and complaining about the offense.

On the bright side, I'd rather have a strong pitching staff than a strong offense. But still, something has to give. Our starting staff isn't going to be this great all year long. Our offense needs to take advantage of it while they can in order to compete, and right now the offense isn't getting it done. We were blessed with poor starts from Cleveland and Detroit yet we couldn't jump out to a good lead early. Things had better change quickly or we'll be in 3rd place soon, and once we get there it will be one hell of an uphill battle.