PDA

View Full Version : FireJoeMorgan.com Fans

FedEx227
05-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Just a heads up to any fans of FJM.com, my (and Lefty34's) radio show will be having the founder of the site, Dak on for a live 90 minute interview tonight at 7pm to talk about the start of the blog and some of the bad journalism they've covered recently.

Again, www.blogtalkradio.com/643sports (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/643sports) is the link and again we'll be on live at 7pm CST/8pm EST, all you have to do is head on over to that site and it should prompt you to listen to the show, but we also have a live chat going throughout the show where you can ask question, interact with other listeners, etc.

PicktoCLick72
05-04-2008, 06:50 PM
There are a couple articles on there that have had me in tears. There was one where they rip on Ryan Theriot that was hilarious.

UofCSoxFan
05-04-2008, 07:25 PM
That site is great. I find it really interesting that the guy that plays Mose Schrute on The Office (Dwight's Cousin) is one of the main writers, Ken Tremendous.

FedEx227
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Interview went fantastic, outside of some technical difficulties... if you guys are at all interested or couldn't make the show, it's always archived on the site: www.blogtalkradio.com/643sports. great discussion about the beginnings of FJM, misconceptions about stats, as well as Ken Tremendous' recent appearance on Costas Now.

Lefty34
05-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Just listened to the show on the archives, man, good job. I think everyone on WSI can enjoy a little 643 Sports. And I'm really sick of having people complain (particularly college kids that I know) say that FJM is "too boring" of a website and that it needs "more pictures". Why is everyone against reading? Anyway, great show, great interview, don't be shy and check out the show.

Lefty34
05-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Towards the end of the interview, Dak gets to the Buzz Bissinger debacle both on Costas Now and in other venues. Thoughts? Do you guys think bloggers and forum posters like us get a fair shake from the mainstream media? Do you guys think WSI is full of no-job losers that, according to Bissinger and other writers, live in their mom's basement and have pocket protectors? I certainly don't think so, and I'd like to know what you guys think. Just a note, this transcends stats v. non-stats, although it is certainly a part of it.

That being said, what do you have to say about some of Dak's points on stats? Hint: it gets really good about 28 mins into the show.