PDA

View Full Version : Hill gone after two-thirds

thomas35forever
05-02-2008, 08:42 PM
He walked 4 of the 6 batters he faced on 27 pitches and Lou yanked him. Brenly said this must mean a roster move. Guess Hill's about to put become a "Triple-A (bleep)" once again.

Brian26
05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Guess Hill's about to put become a "Triple-A (bleep)" once again.

Can he still get Dusty fired though?

thomas35forever
05-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Can he still get Dusty fired though?
Maybe, if he's got photos of him.

LoveYourSuit
05-02-2008, 09:34 PM
He walked 4 of the 6 batters he faced on 27 pitches and Lou yanked him. Brenly said this must mean a roster move. Guess Hill's about to put become a "Triple-A (bleep)" once again.

One thing I love about Lou is him having the balls to make a radical move like this one. 99% of the managers out there will let the pitcher take a pounding for being wild and save his bullpen. Lou plays to win the game that night.

I bet the Cubs regret not moving Hill in a possible deal for Roberts.

pearso66
05-02-2008, 09:55 PM
One thing I love about Lou is him having the balls to make a radical move like this one. 99% of the managers out there will let the pitcher take a pounding for being wild and save his bullpen. Lou plays to win the game that night.

Why move him? He's one of the best pitchers in baseball

RadioheadRocks
05-02-2008, 10:31 PM
They're really ripping into Fonzie now (the Cubbie Faithful, that is).

thomas35forever
05-02-2008, 10:32 PM
They're really ripping into Fonzie now (the Cubbie Faithful, that is).
Why not? That ball was playable and instead bounced over for a ground-rule double. The Cubs need to do something with him and soon.

DSpivack
05-02-2008, 10:38 PM

Yeah, making your bullpen pitch 8.1 innings is a terrific managerial move.

Jerko
05-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Now the fact they're playing at night is why Soriano sucks. Hopping ****.

cws05champ
05-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Man, those two plays were awful. He's worse than Pablo Ozuna out there!!!

LoveYourSuit
05-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, making your bullpen pitch 8.1 innings is a terrific managerial move.

But he had the balls to do it (which was my point).

He managed to win that game and I bet a move will be made after this game to demote his pitcher to AAA and bring a fresh arm up.

the1tab
05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Soriano looks so out-of-his-element in left field for the Cubs its almost comical. He let's a lazy pop out fall in front of him, and then coasts for a ball on the track that lets an insurance run score in what was a one-run game. Howry's takin' it on the chin for the Cubs inability to play defense.

One shocking fact dropped by the Cubs tv crew tonight: the Flubs have had the bases loaded in 13 consecutive games. What have they done with it? lol...

LoveYourSuit
05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Why not? That ball was playable and instead bounced over for a ground-rule double. The Cubs need to do something with him and soon.

Interesting proposal by a fan who called the Score the othe day proposing the Cubs to move the bad contract which is Soriano for the bad contract which is Zito.

I would consider this big time if I was the Cubs. Soriaon is already uselss in the NL without the DH rule. At least Zito can be resurrected as a junk ball LH pitcher, there are plent of those around.

the1tab
05-02-2008, 10:53 PM
But he had the balls to do it (which was my point).

He managed to win that game and I bet a move will be made after this game to demote his pitcher to AAA and bring a fresh arm up.

SAMARDZJIA-TIME????????????/

God help us....

LoveYourSuit
05-02-2008, 10:58 PM
SAMARDZJIA-TIME????????????/

God help us....

Could it be?

the1tab
05-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Soriano just went yard. He's driven in all 3 Cubs runs.

He's building the same House of Cards Hero Aura Sosa had

RadioheadRocks
05-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Soriano just went yard. He's driven in all 3 Cubs runs.

He's building the same House of Cards Hero Aura Sosa had

... and the sCrUBbie faithfull are back to kissing his ass again...

Jerko
05-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Another team whose closer hits the leadoff man. Nice move there Izzy.

the1tab
05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
If the Cubs get the lead, does Lou show the same "intestinal fortitude" he showed yanking Hill in the 1st by going to Marmol to close?

The NL Central is playing the same quality of baseball that they will when Kane County plays at Wrigley

ZombieRob
05-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Cards just can't seem to beat the Cubs anymore

twentywontowin
05-02-2008, 11:20 PM
I thought Wood for sure blew another one there with the way that ball left Ankiel's bat.

oeo
05-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Interesting proposal by a fan who called the Score the othe day proposing the Cubs to move the bad contract which is Soriano for the bad contract which is Zito.

I would consider this big time if I was the Cubs. Soriaon is already uselss in the NL without the DH rule. At least Zito can be resurrected as a junk ball LH pitcher, there are plent of those around.

That would be dumb from the Cubs perspective. Soriano may be a terrible LF, and may not be a big SB threat anymore, but he can give you 30+ HRs a year. Zito doesn't bring much to the table.

It's Time
05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
The pitch that Soriano hit out was a fastball. Ummm, yeah, bad pitch selection by Issy.

DickAllen72
05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Heh heh heh.....:gulp:

It's Time
05-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Game over!

LoveYourSuit
05-03-2008, 01:20 AM
That would be dumb from the Cubs perspective. Soriano may be a terrible LF, and may not be a big SB threat anymore, but he can give you 30+ HRs a year. Zito doesn't bring much to the table.

I don't buy it that Zito is complete toast. LH pitchers find ways to stick around even if they tossing junk up there.

Meanwhile, Soriano might be the biggest defensive liability in baseball today.

He sucks as a lead off hitter and that is the only place he feels comfortable.

rwcescato
05-03-2008, 12:25 PM

Sorryano sucks. I am glad we did not make a bid on that guy. They are stuck with that overpriced loser for some time. High school players would have had no problem making those plays he botched up. He did not even get charged an error with either of them.

oeo
05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't buy it that Zito is complete toast. LH pitchers find ways to stick around even if they tossing junk up there.

So sticking a 'junk balling' pitcher in their rotation, is going to help it? It's not helping the Giants...it's certainly not going to help the Cubs in that ballpark.

I would be laughing my ass off if this actually happened.

thomas35forever
05-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Sorryano sucks. I am glad we did not make a bid on that guy. They are stuck with that overpriced loser for some time. High school players would have had no problem making those plays he botched up. He did not even get charged an error with either of them.
I'd try to trade him to the Yankees or Red Sox. They're pretty much the only teams capable of taking on his contract.

sox1970
05-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Hill--he gone.