PDA

View Full Version : Seattle May 9-11 Roll Call

kingpin_rcs
05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
I will be at Safeco on May 10 with my wife. I just got my tickets online. Section 124. It would be cool to see some other WSI'ers there. Is anybody else going?

lumpyspun
05-02-2008, 07:27 PM
For sure...

I'm just not sure where I'll be sitting yet...

kingpin_rcs
05-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Is anyone going to be there on Saturday? I saw a lot of Sox stuff in the crowd in TV tonight (Friday's game). Safeco is a nice place to watch a game and from what I could see on TV tonight, less than half full.

The Marniers have really declined in the last few years. From 2000 to 2004 that place was packed. Of course the combo of new park and good team will do that. Reminds me of the "Good Guys Wear Black" era.

doublem23
05-10-2008, 02:01 AM
The Marniers have really declined in the last few years. From 2000 to 2004 that place was packed. Of course the combo of new park and good team will do that. Reminds me of the "Good Guys Wear Black" era.

Is it as bad as the Orioles (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/baltatte.shtml)?

Cue one of HomeFish's trademark declining graphs.

lumpyspun
05-10-2008, 03:07 AM
The Mariners should start selling tickets based on a moving ticket price, like a stock price. That place would be packed if they would knock about 50% off all their tickets. There is no better bar in Seattle on a beautiful weekend night in than the Beer Garden in CF.

As it is, nobody wants to spend decent money to watch a terrible Mariners team.

PalehosePlanet
05-10-2008, 03:36 AM
I don't think the M's are terrible, they're just terrible right now. They'll start playing good ball soon, but hopefully not until Monday.

As far as paying market price for ballgames, I've always thought that sports merchandise should be sold this way. For instance I should be able to purchase a pro Cedric Benson jersey right now for $15 while a Kobe Bryant would cost me $350.

goofymsfan
05-10-2008, 03:53 AM
I have season tickets the M's and was at Friday Night's game and will be at both Saturday and Sunday's game. I'm always on the landing right next to the M's bullpen during the games.

kittle42
05-10-2008, 01:06 PM
I have tickets for tonight but alas had to cancel my trip because of work.

Medford Bobby
05-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Yea, I would have been there this weekend, but now only in spirit....:whiner:

I do miss the pullben area beer garden and a cold Hef sounds good right now from across the street at the Pyramid Brewery!!:gulp:

kingpin_rcs
05-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Well, we had a great time. The Sox won 8-4. I saw a lot of Sox fans there. This is my 3rd or 4th time to Safeco. It is a very nice facility. It started to rain a little about 15 minutes before the game started so they closed to roof. It does not fully enclose the park. There was still a slight breeze and it was a little chilly.

$7.00 for a 12oz bottle of Bud light!