PDA

View Full Version : Trivia help

soxfan13
05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Soto for the Cubs yesterday came up a third time with 2 runners on base. The question we are trying to answer is - Has anyone hit 3 three run homeruns in a game and if so who were they? Have been trying to find the answer but I am stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.:gulp:

white sox bill
05-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Cameron's weren't 3 runners back about 6 yrs ago against us were they?

soxfan13
05-01-2008, 12:02 PM

If IRC they were all solo shots

I would guess Whiten would count with 2 three run shots and a grand slam in his 4 homer game

ohiosoxfan
05-01-2008, 12:17 PM
I wonder if this guy (Soto) has ever been tested for steroids or HGH. If you look at his stats before he got to Triple-A, he was just a mediocre hitter with no power. Then, all of a sudden he's a .300 hitter with 30 homers and 100 RBI. You gotta wonder. . .

soxfan13
05-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I wonder if this guy (Soto) has ever been tested for steroids or HGH. If you look at his stats before he got to Triple-A, he was just a mediocre hitter with no power. Then, all of a sudden he's a .300 hitter with 30 homers and 100 RBI. You gotta wonder. . .

Nice hijack

TDog
05-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Cameron hit all four with no one on base. He only had four home runs on the night. Twice, though, both times in the first inning, Boone homered in front of him. He was also hit by a pitch after the fourth home run and lined out, deep, according to Rooney and Farmer, his last time up. He robbed Magglio Ordonez of a grand slam in the third inning.

Mark Whiten late in 1993 hit two three-run homers, a grand slam and a two-run homer for a record 12 RBIs in a game. I can't find anyone with at least nine RBIs and three home runs in a game who hit three three-run homers. If Soto had done it, it would have been a rather arbitrary record. A three-run homer isn't a grand slam, after all.

Cameron apparently holds the record for solo home runs in the game at four. That would comprise a record for lowest number of RBIs among those who have homered four times in a game. Joe Adcock for the Milwaukee Braves in 1954 had only 7 RBIs in his four-home run game, which included a double (adding up to a performance that is better than hitting for the cycle). I believe that's a record for total bases as well as extra-base hits, even though he drove in less than half his team's run that day at Ebbets Field.

I'm guessing two three-run homers in a game is a(n) (arbitrary) record held by many.