PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if I've ever seen this in a major league regular season broadcast before

WhiteSox5187
04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
So the Mets are getting crushed right now 13-1 and the Mets broadcasting team is now accepting calls to the booth. I don't know if this is something they always do but it sounded like it was something done on a whim. Has any other MLB team done this? I don't know if I've ever seen anything like this in a regular season broadcast.

DSpivack
04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Take a call from Mets fans when they're down 13-1? That's risky.

TDog
04-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Take a call from Mets fans when they're down 13-1? That's risky.

Take calls from Mets fans when the team is down 13-1 to the Pirates, and you had better be broadcasting with a delay.

Wake up Pirates fans and tell them their team has scored 13 runs and they're liable to ask if the Pirates are winning.

DSpivack
04-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Take calls from Mets fans when the team is down 13-1 to the Pirates, and you had better be broadcasting with a delay.

Wake up Pirates fans and tell them their team has scored 13 runs and they're liable to ask if the Pirates are winning.

I think they'd just assume it's another strong day from the Steelers defense, and the offense has done well in running the ball and keeping the clock going. :tongue:

DannyCaterFan
04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
I always thought Hawk & DJ should take calls or do interviews during rain delays.

Boondock Saint
04-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I always thought Hawk & DJ should take calls or do interviews during rain delays.

Random fan: I think it's great that MacDougal has been sent to AAA. He really hasn't shown that he can get it done up here.

:hawk

"Now that is BS! If those umpires weren't making him throw that ball into a teacup, he'd be an all-star right now."

ComiskeyBrewer
04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
So the Mets are getting crushed right now 13-1 and the Mets broadcasting team is now accepting calls to the booth. I don't know if this is something they always do but it sounded like it was something done on a whim. Has any other MLB team done this? I don't know if I've ever seen anything like this in a regular season broadcast.

A couple of years ago the brewers played a 21 inning game(i think) against the Angels in Anahiem. Around the 16th inning(about 3am CST) the TV broadcast team asked fans to email them if they were still watching the game. They got around 150 emails. Not the same thing exactly, but it's proof broadcasters will do anything to pass the time.

turners56
04-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Wow, that's pretty epic right there. I wonder how those Queens residents liked their 13-1 trouncing.