PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain today's lineup to me...

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 12:50 PM
We have Nick Masset taking the bump, Toby Hall catching, Anderson in Center and Uribe at second... I wish Ozzie would at least give the team a chance to win this game against the Division rivals.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
We have Nick Masset taking the bump, Toby Hall catching, Anderson in Center and Uribe at second... I wish Ozzie would at least give the team a chance to win this game against the Division rivals.

The team is in the middle of a 26-day-in-a-row game schedule. Tomorrow is an afternoon game following a night game before getting on a plane to head out west.

If we didn't see this lineup tonight, we would see it tomorrow.

Dub25
04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
The team is in the middle of a 26-day-in-a-row game schedule. Tomorrow is an afternoon game following a night game before getting on a plane to head out west.

Huh? :scratch:

Tomorrow is an off day and the team heads east. I agree with the thread starter.

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 12:58 PM

We shouldn't be throwing out our Bad News Bears lineup against the Division rival... We have no chance of winning this game today and You can excuse it all you want but the bottom line is that this is pathetic.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Huh? :scratch:

Tomorrow is an off day and the team heads east. I agree with the thread starter.

Bah, I was looing at next week's Twin series.

:redface:

We shouldn't be throwing out our Bad News Bears lineup against the Division rival... We have no chance of winning this game today and You can excuse it all you want but the bottom line is that this is pathetic.

KW sucks, fire Ozzie, etc.

doublem23
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM

When did the 12-14 Twins turn into the 1927 Yankees? :scratch:

balke
04-30-2008, 01:02 PM

I don't see what's wrong with the lineup. Uribe is your everyday second baseman, Masset has a 3.75 ERA going into this game, and Anderson has been doing fine so far. AJ needed rest.

soxfan13
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't see what's wrong with the lineup. Uribe is your everyday second baseman, Masset has a 3.75 ERA going into this game, and Anderson has been doing fine so far. AJ needed rest.

Whats wrong is every starter is suppose to play 162 games and pitchers never get an extra days rest.:redneck

getonbckthr
04-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Masset starting because of the double-header on Saturday.
Hall because we played last night and today was a day game early.
Anderson to give Paulie a day off (Swish at 1B)
Uribe is the everyday 2B.

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 01:08 PM
All the Kool Aid drinkers are right... This lineup is another example of Ozzie's genius...

:rolleyes:

soxfan13
04-30-2008, 01:10 PM
All the Kool Aid drinkers are right... This lineup is another example of Ozzie's genius...

:rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with defending Ozzie. Just FYI this isnt Xbox , where you can turn off the fatigue and injury switches. What is wrong with giving some players 2 days rest?

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
This has nothing to do with defending Ozzie. Just FYI this isnt Xbox , where you can turn off the fatigue and injury switches. What is wrong with giving some players 2 days rest?

What's wrong is that we lose a game we should have won. There is no excuse for putting all of our WORST hitters in the lineup at the same time. No excuse and we will lose because of it.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
What's wrong is that we lose a game we should have won. There is no excuse for putting all of our WORST hitters in the lineup at the same time. No excuse and we will lose because of it.

The game isn't even ****ing over yet.

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 01:18 PM
The game isn't even ****ing over yet.

First you tell me that the Sox are about to embark on a West Coast roadtrip tomorrow and now you tell me the Sox are winning when the scoreboards tells me otherwise. Go take a nap.

soxfan13
04-30-2008, 01:18 PM

What was last nights excuse? That was a game the Sox should have won.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 01:20 PM
First you tell me that the Sox are about to embark on a West Coast roadtrip tomorrow and now you tell me the Sox are winning when the scoreboards tells me otherwise. Go take a nap.

AJ wouldn't have made that out at home. Toby Hall will eat you and your car.

spiffie
04-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Baseball has just not been as much fun since they went to those 4-inning games. I miss when teams got to play nine innings before a winner was decided.

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 01:23 PM

We got Boof'd ... At least Ozzie gave us a chance last night. That's all I ask.

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 01:25 PM
AJ wouldn't have made that out at home. Toby Hall will eat you and your car.

HA! Great play by Toby! I will go eat an entire large deepdish pizza in his honor.

soxrme
04-30-2008, 01:26 PM
the lineup last night was no better

soxfan13
04-30-2008, 01:31 PM
We got Boof'd ... At least Ozzie gave us a chance last night. That's all I ask.

Give me a break already. Ozzie is still starting 3 of the only 4 players that are actually doing anything with the bat.

DumpJerry
04-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Jenks4Prez:

Knock off the smart-ass comments when responding to people whose opinions do not jibe with yours.

This is your only warning.

Everyone else, don't egg him on.

TDog
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM

And he doesn't have any starters who have had four days' rest. People complained about Masset originally being scheduled for the Saturday night game after the rainout, but Masset was going to have to start anyway, because the team isn't going to throw someone in April on three days' rest.

Anderson has been playing well, despite the missed bunt Monday, and a good outfield defender could help in the dome. Pierzynski might be able to go today with an off-day Thursday, but he didn't have a good night at all Tuesday. Konerko may be getting the day off because the turf.

Pierzynski could come off the bench, as could Konerko. I think this is an inspired lineup.

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Our bullpen is going to be shot after this one.

soxfan44
04-30-2008, 02:23 PM

There is no excuse for last night's game. The Sox are pretenders - not contenders. The sooner they plummet in the Central, the sooner Kenny will be forced to break up the softball team. There! I said it again! They're a softball team.

I'm am soooooo tired of watching the Twins make fools out of the Sox. They beat the Sox because they have a BASEBALL team. Boof Bonser!!?!? Nick Blackburn?!?!?

Sorry, but these are the real White Sox - get used to it!

Jenks4Prez
04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
There is no excuse for last night's game. The Sox are pretenders - not contenders. The sooner they plummet in the Central, the sooner Kenny will be forced to break up the softball team. There! I said it again! They're a softball team.

I'm am soooooo tired of watching the Twins make fools out of the Sox. They beat the Sox because they have a BASEBALL team. Boof Bonser!!?!? Nick Blackburn?!?!?

It pains me to admit this, but you are right on my friend. BRAVO!

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 02:27 PM

The Sox split the season series with the Twins in 2007. They were 9-10 in 2006, 11-7 in 2005, 9-10 in 2004 and 9-10 in 2003. They are 1-2 so far this year. So that is .500 ball over 5 seasons.

Do you live in a fantasy land or just a goofball?

soxfan44
04-30-2008, 02:43 PM
The Sox split the season series with the Twins in 2007. They were 9-10 in 2006, 11-7 in 2005, 9-10 in 2004 and 9-10 in 2003. They are 1-2 so far this year. So that is .500 ball over 5 seasons.

Do you live in a fantasy land or just a goofball?

Three days a week I live in fantasy land and the other four I'm a goofball.

After today's game, they'll be 1 and 3 against the Twins. So a team with a payroll that's been half of yours (I'm guessing) for the last 5 season beats you more often than not (the Twins are .505 against the Sox if your numbers are correct) and you seem to think that's not making the Sox look foolish?

Also, they've actually won the division more often than the Sox in that span.

EndemicSox
04-30-2008, 02:45 PM
The oddballs in the lineup more than carried their weight today...starting Massett is always a recipe for disaster...

I smell trolls...

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Also, they've actually won the division more often than the Sox in that span.

And the Sox have won more WS than them in that same span. What's your point?

soxfan44
04-30-2008, 03:06 PM
And the Sox have won more WS than them in that same span. What's your point?

My point is that they (the Twins) have effectively outplayed the Sox in the last 5 years. They make the Sox look foolish.

Why do the Sox continue with the Big Bopper model and not take a page from the Twins? We'd be perennial contenders.

You can avoid answering all you want, but you know the Sox look foolish against the Twins when they're outspending them significantly and they have a losing record against them.

You said in another section you pick the Sox 3rd behind the Twins. How is that NOT making the Sox look foolish?

JB98
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
This thread is very stupid.

That is all.

EMachine10
04-30-2008, 03:18 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/roadhousesd7.jpg

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 03:37 PM
My point is that they (the Twins) have effectively outplayed the Sox in the last 5 years. They make the Sox look foolish.

Why do the Sox continue with the Big Bopper model and not take a page from the Twins? We'd be perennial contenders.

You can avoid answering all you want, but you know the Sox look foolish against the Twins when they're outspending them significantly and they have a losing record against them.

You said in another section you pick the Sox 3rd behind the Twins. How is that NOT making the Sox look foolish?

Payroll does not determine the effectiveness of a team. The Sox are not getting outplayed by some sort of lesser team simply because their payroll isn't as large.

The Sox have a pretty crappy minor league system, draft fairly crappy and develop players pretty crappy in comparison to other teams. The whole organization would need a complete overhaul but at the end of the day, the Sox are not the Royals. The Sox are not the Pirates. They are contenders essentially every year. No one is in a huge rush to blow everything up because it simply isn't necessary. KW would need to have several losing seasons in a row for that to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see a more complete team in terms of speed, bunting skills, etc. but the current philosophy is getting the job done.

:shrug: