PDA

View Full Version : SI Fan Survey - Ballpark Rankings

mantis1212
04-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Take a look everyone -finally an accurate protrayal of the Cell. Also very complimentary of Sox fans re: "Fan IQ"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html?bcnn=yes

munchman33
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Take a look everyone -finally an accurate protrayal of the Cell. Also very complimentary of Sox fans re: "Fan IQ"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html?bcnn=yes

#4 in fan IQ. Probably would have been #1 if not for all the fans clamoring to start BA over Thome.

santo=dorf
04-30-2008, 11:34 AM
#4 in fan IQ. Probably would have been #1 if not for all the fans clamoring to start BA over Thome..... or how a triple is better than a home run.:rolleyes:

spiffie
04-30-2008, 11:37 AM
.... or how a triple is better than a home run.:rolleyes:
Or how Joe Crede is a better player than Alex Rodriguez.

HitMan_naMtiH
04-30-2008, 11:40 AM
How are we so high up on the neighborhood section...if anything we should be swapped with Detroit!

I want Mags back
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Cardinal fans are such bull****ters. #5 for ballpark tradtition my ass. And I dont find their fans to be that smart, my friends a Cardinals fan and a total idiot. I gave him my MLB.tv password, and I was in his dorm room during the game last night. Instead of having the game on his computer, he had Futurama

Gavin
04-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Cardinal fans are such bull****ters. #5 for ballpark tradtition my ass. And I dont find their fans to be that smart, my friends a Cardinals fan and a total idiot. I gave him my MLB.tv password, and I was in his dorm room during the game last night. Instead of having the game on his computer, he had Futurama

Well if that one extremely particular anecdote isn't proof of Fanbase IQ, I don't know what is.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 11:51 AM

I was thinking the same thing but it is sort of a misleading category. The actual question is "How would you rate the sense of tradition and history at the ballpark?". So even if a stadium is only a couple years old, it may have a ton of stuff related to the past (which I believe Busch has). Plus, the stadium is only two years old and they have one WS title.:D:

Sox should have rated higher with the statues on the main concourse, mural on the upper deck concourse, championship plaza, etc. plus, it is across the street from the old park.

balke
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
I never saw this posted, a friend linked me today. Different league wide ranks for ballparks in various categories.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/specials/fansurvey/2008/white_sox.html

Edit: I searched for ballpark ratings but didn't see a thread. Just went to what's the Score now and saw one, sorry.

04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
#17.) AT&T Park

This list is bogus.

DumpJerry
04-30-2008, 01:18 PM
#17.) AT&T Park

This list is bogus.
Not to mention that Red Sox fans are second most intelligent of the 30 teams.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100582

Thome25
04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
#4 in fan IQ. Probably would have been #1 if not for all the fans clamoring to start BA over Thome.

I think we should be starting Konerko or Dye at DH instead of Thome.....if it opens up a spot for BA then so be it.

.... or how a triple is better than a home run.:rolleyes:

From a pure baseball standpoint a triple is more fun and more exciting to watch than a home run.

Or how Joe Crede is a better player than Alex Rodriguez.

Crede is better for the White Sox than AROD would be. Crede eats less salary and does a little more for us than AROD probably would IMHO.

Crede is better defensively and more clutch when it matters most. Plus, Crede doesn't bring all of the negative hoopla AROD would. (stripper fiasco anyone?)

When I read these posts I thought to myself "Boy there are some of "baseball snob", elitist, "holier than thou" fans on here". Just because you don't agree with a certain point of view DOES NOT make it unintelligent.

Man I gotta take a break from posting on here for a little while because there's too many people on here who think they're better than everybody else.

We're all White Sox fans on here.......granted, we don't have to get along all the time....but, we should most of the time......and we shouldn't be bashing each other so much.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
**** SI and their fan driven polls. Who gives a ****? There's tons of things right AND wrong with this poll....so it offsets to being a waste of time.

If you need SI to help you justify how you feel about your team/park, then go root for someone else.

DumpJerry
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
It's called "April baseball."

skottyj242
04-30-2008, 02:53 PM
We're the easiest park to get to in the majors?

kevingrt
04-30-2008, 03:00 PM
We rank a respectable 8th here. Food is second to Milwaukee, which I don't know about but we are definitely up there in food. Best thing I found about the survey, we ranked 1st, yes #1 in traffic. What? They must have gone to the Orioles ball game on Monday because traffic can be horrendous at times.

BTW- Here is the link http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html?eref=T1

DSpivack
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
This is the THIRD thread on the subject. Is SI really that important?

kevingrt
04-30-2008, 03:25 PM
This is the THIRD thread on the subject. Is SI really that important?

I didn't see the Talking Baseball forum. Sorry please delete.

fquaye149
04-30-2008, 04:48 PM

...or excoriating their GM for trading a pitcher who's projected to be a #3 starter in 3 years

soxlady8
04-30-2008, 05:38 PM
sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html?bcnn=yes

The Cell ranks 8th .. not too shabby at all ---

The finer things in life --
White Sox baseball, an indoor cycling bike, and a hot poker table full o' fish

turners56
04-30-2008, 05:39 PM
This is the 4th thread pertaining to this topic now...

skobabe8
04-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I want in this one before its moved....YES!

Dan Mega
04-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Boston is #1 in tradition? I'd think the Yankees would get that easily.

Chicken Dinner
04-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Cubs at #8 in "fan IQ" ........get real.:scratch:

turners56
04-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Cubs at #8 in "fan IQ" ........get real.:scratch:

I guess hot blondes and smoking brunette ditz chicks are all Einsteins in disguise (about what makes their chests look bigger). Drunk fat guys with no shirts on are also very intelligent, maybe not about baseball, but what beer to drink and what to eat? Hell yea!

Lip Man 1
04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Brooks was very happy with this report. He told me they need to keep working on destroying the stereotypes, attracting new fans and as he put it, "start winning some games."

Lip

MarySwiss
04-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Brooks was very happy with this report. He told me they need to keep working on destroying the stereotypes, attracting new fans and as he put it, "start winning some games."

Lip

That would be nice. :cool:

itsnotrequired
04-30-2008, 10:10 PM

Depends where you are coming from.

kaufsox
04-30-2008, 11:25 PM

Pretty close. Two train lines, with a Metra stop coming soon, ample parking, especially if you don't use the lots, very easy highway access. There are always going to be traffic jams getting in and out of the lots, best advice save the money and don't use them. Less aggravation too.

soxlady8
04-30-2008, 11:40 PM
didn't mean to cause any drama .. 4th time is not the charm I see ..
I guess I didn't look before I leaped..
peace out -

UofCSoxFan
05-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Based on rankings in 10 categories. We did especially well on food (2nd), Fan IQ (4th) and Traffic (1st).

Cleveland took the top spot. Incidentally, Wrigley was 15th, although SI tries to make an excuse for it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html?eref=T1

beasly213
05-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Milwaukees Food at their Ball Park Sucks.

Fact.

ComiskeyBrewer
05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Milwaukees Food at their Ball Park Sucks.

Fact.

Depends on what you are getting. It's not as good as County, but still decent in the way of food(i think the secret sauce is what put it over the edge). Good enough for it to be voted #1 anyways.

Hitmen77
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
The food at the Cell is good and certainly is light years ahead of the other Chicago ballpark. But, I'm surprised that we rank #2 in food. Not that I ever want to complain when the Sox are mentioned favorably, but I have been to a couple of west coast parks where I thought the food quality/selection was better than the Cell's.

The Cell understandably gets a lower than average rating for "neighborhood" since their category is based on "dining and drinking options within walking distance to the park". Hopefully the neighborhood boom will bring at least a few more options near the park. Though I'm not sure it should be so low. I don't remember anything walking distance from a few of the other parks ranked above us.

Cuck the Fubs
05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Interesting read :smile:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/specials/fansurvey/2008/index.html?eref=T1

TomBradley72
05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Interesting read :smile:

This is at least the 5th thread started on this topic.

Cuck the Fubs
05-01-2008, 12:44 PM
This is at least the 5th thread started on this topic.

My bad..........lock it up!:redface:

downstairs
05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
#1 for traffic? Say what? As compared to parks in very low population cities?

PatK
05-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I love how the Trib mentions the article, but doesn't post the rankings, other than that neither The Cell or Wrigley is in the Top 5.

nasox
05-01-2008, 11:07 PM
In before the merger. Why don't we just keep this thread here instead of Talking Baseball? I mean, this is pretty sox related.

skobabe8
05-01-2008, 11:23 PM
2nd one I'm in before its moved.....YES!!

Iwritecode
05-05-2008, 01:40 PM
The Rockford Register Star's Cub-biased assistant sports editor (http://www.rrstar.com/sports/quickshots/x828501482) weighs in on SI's list.

Maybe it's just me but his comments seem to be dripping with sarcasm about the Cell being "underrated".

He also comments on Detroit not winning a division title in 21 years but ignores the fact that they won something called the American League Pennant just 2 years ago!

His comments about Wrigley make me think he's never actually been there...