PDA

View Full Version : Well here's our answer...

OfficerKarkovice
04-30-2002, 11:21 PM
Rauch it is...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-020430soxnotes.story?coll=cs%2Dwhitesox%2Dheadline s

Chisox_cali
04-30-2002, 11:38 PM
What has Rauch learned in his first month in the majors?

"Don't walk people," he said.

Good answer Jon :D: He's got the right attitude now lets see if he can do it

RedPinStripes
04-30-2002, 11:51 PM
Can someone copy and paste it for me. I refuse to register there. They want your life story.

:knue
Just think...All the Spam you want!

OfficerKarkovice
04-30-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Can someone copy and paste it for me. I refuse to register there. They want your life story.

Rauch maintains turn in rotation … for now
Rookie believes control problem might be a 'funk'

Mark Buehrle will get a second shot at Oakland on Friday after suffering the worst beating of his budding career last weekend at Network Associates Coliseum.

Manager Jerry Manuel had toyed with the idea of skipping the fifth starter's spot Thursday and using Buehrle against Seattle but decided to keep the rotation in order.

"Whatever the reason was, I was still scheduled to start within the next few days," Jon Rauch said of his reprieve. "I don't know the reasoning behind it. They give me the ball and they expect me to go out there and do the job."

What has Rauch learned in his first month in the majors?

"Don't walk people," he said.

Rauch has held right-handed hitters to a .233 average, while limiting left-handed hitters to .200. His problem has been with his control; he has walked 11 hitters in 141/3 innings. In his 47 games in the minors, Rauch struck out 287 batters while walking only 75, an outstanding strikeouts-to-walks ratio of nearly 4 to 1.

"It never has been a problem before," he said. "It might be just a funk right now. You look around the league, a lot of young guys walk people—[Rick] Ankiel, Bud Smith. … Young guys throughout every organization always have had a problem doing that. With me, I think it's just a matter of getting comfortable out there, having confidence in myself and confidence in my pitches to be able to go out and throw strikes."

Jim Parque will remain in the bullpen until further notice. General manager Ken Williams said the fifth starter's spot will be evaluated on "an outing-by-outing" basis.

Change of heart? Carlos Lee appeared to be headed for some bench time, but Manuel said before Tuesday's game he did not plan on platooning Lee for now.

"We want to let him know we still have confidence in him," Manuel said.

Coincidentally, Lee is starring in one of the Sox's TV commercials touting Fireworks Nights, along with Royce Clayton and Sandy Alomar Jr. Other Sox involved in upcoming commercials are Buehrle, Ray Durham, Mark Johnson, Paul Konerko and Jose Valentin.

Turning point: The Sox were outscored 32-5 in Oakland in the A's three-game sweep, but Manuel maintained it could have been completely different if not for one White Sox error.

"That series turned around when we threw to first base with no one on," Manuel said.

Manuel was referring to a pickoff play in the fifth inning of the opener, when the Sox had a 2-0 lead and two outs. Rauch threw the ball into right field, not checking to see if Konerko was covering the base. The A's tied the game in that inning and went on to win 6-4. They won the next two games 16-1 and 10-0.

Rules police: Don't tell Major League Baseball disciplinarian Bob Watson, but Rule 3.09, the "no fraternizing" rule, was widely ignored again before Tuesday's game against the Mariners. Former Sox players James Baldwin and Mike Cameron were spotted chatting with the current Sox players, Sox coaches and security guards, and even hugging some marketing personnel. Baldwin even embraced Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf. Watson sent a memo to teams last week warning them to obey the rule. Reinsdorf also may have been guilty of a rules violation, smoking a cigar on the field instead of in the designated smoking areas at Comiskey Park.

Iwritecode
04-30-2002, 11:57 PM

Give them mine...

My name is Ben Dover. I live in NY and have a yahoo email address that I never use...

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 12:12 AM
Thnax for posting it for me karo

Manuel was referring to a pickoff play in the fifth inning of the opener, when the Sox had a 2-0 lead and two outs. Rauch threw the ball into right field, not checking to see if Konerko was covering the base. The A's tied the game in that inning and went on to win 6-4. They won the next two games 16-1 and 10-0.

I think the one error was bringing in butter. Kinda set the tone for the series . That move was not about the team. Thanx JM and KW especially! :angry:

Randar68
05-01-2002, 01:51 PM
Thnax for posting it for me karo

I think the one error was bringing in butter. Kinda set the tone for the series . That move was not about the team. Thanx JM and KW especially! :angry:

I have to agree there. It had nothing to do with that botched play. Way to go Jerry, point the finger at a rookie. nice!

Hey Jerry, when you're pointing at Jon, which way is your thumb pointed?

baggio202
05-01-2002, 02:56 PM
im finding it harder and harder to keep supporting manuel...anyone with half a brain knows the series turned when parque came in to throw batting practice...he is blaming the whole series on the one pitcher that actually got somebody out...incredable

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
im finding it harder and harder to keep supporting manuel...anyone with half a brain knows the series turned when parque came in to throw batting practice...he is blaming the whole series on the one pitcher that actually got somebody out...incredable

He's nothing but a puppet.

FarWestChicago
05-01-2002, 03:24 PM

I think the one error was bringing in butter. Kinda set the tone for the series . That move was not about the team. Thanx JM and KW especially! :angry: No doubt about it. I think the whole team kind of freaked when Jerry forfeited Friday night's game. Jerry throws in the towel and then blames the kid. I'm feeling the urge to tag Jerry.!! :angry:

Chisox_cali
05-01-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Hey Jerry, when you're pointing at Jon, which way is your thumb pointed?

I'm sure that if Jerry's standing in front of him he's pointing at Jon's kneecap :D:

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I'm sure that if Jerry's standing in front of him he's pointing at Jon's kneecap :D:

Wait till Rauch is in the Majors for a while and not afraid to speak up. I dare Manuel to try and put something like that on Rauch.

Chisox_cali
05-01-2002, 03:37 PM

Wait till Rauch is in the Majors for a while and not afraid to speak up. I dare Manuel to try and put something like that on Rauch.

He should take a lesson from Foulke, Keith's about a foot shorter than Rauch and I belive his exact words when Nardi came out to talk to him once were "**** OFF!!"

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

He should take a lesson from Foulke, Keith's about a foot shorter than Rauch and I belive his exact words when Nardi came out to talk to him once were "**** OFF!!"

LOL! Can't blame him. Ever read Nardi's lips on hte mound with a young pitcher? I see about 4 f-bombs. And people wonder why bad things happen when he leaves.

Chisox_cali
05-01-2002, 03:44 PM

LOL! Can't blame him. Ever read Nardi's lips on hte mound with a young pitcher? I see about 4 f-bombs. And people wonder why bad things happen when he leaves.

:firenardi

bc2k
05-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Damn right Rander and Baggio. I guess I blocked out Parque's outing in Oakland. I forgot who lost the game. And Manuel bitches to the young pitchers to get their confidence up but its kind of hard when you don't let them pitch on a regular basis and criticize them to the papers. This is the worst comment I've heard from Manuel. How come he never complained about Durham last year. Oh that's right. JM plays favorites. Manager of the year my ass. I have always felt apathetic towards Manuel, but after hearing this, fire his ass along with nardi. Ghandi my ass. JM is quiet because he's a ****.

When did Foulke tell nardi to **** off? Was it this year?