PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day in CLE scheduling question

NU Nish 13
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey guys...

So I'm planning a roadtrip up to the Jake (er Progressive Field or whatever it's called now) for Memorial Day...that game is currently scheduled on Monday 5/26 to be a 6:05 pm CT start...what would be your take that it stays that way and doesn't get changed to a day game? Memorial Day always tends to have a lot of daytime baseball, which is why I ask--that game getting changed to something like 12:05 CT would really screw over my plans. I doubt it gets changed, but just figured I'd ask people who probably know better...thanks for the help.

-Nish

sox1970
04-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Cleveland Plain Dealer is sponsoring fireworks that night. You're safe.

NU Nish 13
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Ah, good call. Thanks for the tip.

MrRoboto83
04-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Good luck finding anything to do in Cleveland before and after the game. That town shuts down on Holidays, it is like a ghost town.

DSpivack
04-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Good luck finding anything to do in Cleveland before and after the game. That town shuts down on Holidays, it is like a ghost town.

It shuts down on holidays? What does it do the rest of the year?

MrRoboto83
04-30-2008, 10:19 AM
It shuts down on holidays? What does it do the rest of the year?

Never been back to find out.

NU Nish 13
04-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Call me biased, but I don't expect much of anything from any other Midwest towns outside of Chicago...making this a day trip so we'll get down there a couple of hours before game-time and leave as soon as the game ends--won't be back to Chicago until the wee hours of the morning but it's better than spending a night in Cleveland.

Did the same thing in Detroit earlier this year to avoid having to spend any more time than necessary in that wasteland.

UofCSoxFan
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Cleveland, like Detroit, is a ghost town. Any people that can afford to live in the suburbs (some of which are pretty nice) do so. There's no high end neighborhood type equivalent to Lincoln Park or the Gold Coast in either of these dumps...and forget about night life.

DSpivack
04-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Call me biased, but I don't expect much of anything from any other Midwest towns outside of Chicago...making this a day trip so we'll get down there a couple of hours before game-time and leave as soon as the game ends--won't be back to Chicago until the wee hours of the morning but it's better than spending a night in Cleveland.

Did the same thing in Detroit earlier this year to avoid having to spend any more time than necessary in that wasteland.

I've never been to Cleveland and Detroit sucks, but I think the Twin Cities, St. Louis, and Milwaukee are all perfectly nice little towns.

DumpJerry
04-30-2008, 12:50 PM

Minneapolis/St. Paul aren't bad. Minneapolis is a bit more vibrant, St. Paul more a bedroom community. The only problem is the 1:00 closing time at bars. You have to get out at 1:00, even if your drink is not done yet.