PDA

View Full Version : ACE them

BuehrleACE56
04-30-2002, 11:37 PM
Monday's day off gives us a chance to pitch our ace instead of our rookie #5 against one of the leagues best lineups. I say pitch Buehrle because the more your ace pitches the more chances you have to win. The thought of Rauch having a rough outing against Seattle is pretty scary. They'll pounce on any mistakes and make us pay. I wouldn't risk it. Rauch has loads of talent and potential. He'll get his opportunities. But he's #5 for a reason and sometimes he'll get bumped. Pitch BurlyMon! :burly

GASHWOUND
04-30-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
Monday's day off gives us a chance to pitch our ace instead of our rookie #5 against one of the leagues best lineups. I say pitch Buehrle because the more your ace pitches the more chances you have to win. The thought of Rauch having a rough outing against Seattle is pretty scary. They'll pounce on any mistakes and make us pay. I wouldn't risk it. Rauch has loads of talent and potential. He'll get his opportunities. But he's #5 for a reason and sometimes he'll get bumped. Pitch BurlyMon! :burly

yeah, I can see them doing that...but as mentioned before Rauch was the only one in that OAK series that pitched pretty well, even though he didn't pitch that many innings. I say give him one more start.

BuehrleACE56
04-30-2002, 11:51 PM
GASHWOUND makes a good point. Rauch did pitch all right in the OAK series when nobody else did. But still rookie vs. BurlyMon. I take BurlyMon against Seattle . If we were playing Detroit or Baltimore again, I would most definately say give Rauch his turn and rest Buehrle another day. Less risk with Rauch against lesser teams obviously. But this a big six-game homestand and you gotta get your best pitchers in there as much as possible.

voodoochile
05-01-2002, 12:03 AM
If they skip Rauch, he would have to pitch Saturday anyway - against Oakland, so it really wouldn't cost him much...

baggio202
05-01-2002, 12:10 AM
i say stay with the rotation...its way to early to start worrying about these kinds of match ups...the extra day off here and there buhrle picks up now can have a very good effect in sept..remember last year he really faded in sept...besides..this division is really starting to look weak to me..sox could win 90 games and still win the division by 10 games....cleveland is completely falling apart and minnesota's pitching staff is starting to resemble ours from last year...injuries every other day...

if we stay healthy we win this division easily...so lets let buhrle get 5 full days rest every chance he gets

nut_stock
05-01-2002, 12:12 AM
I think it should be up to Buehrle. He said he lost his command of his sinker--leading to him getting lit up last time. See how he feels about his stuff.

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 01:24 AM
I would rather put the top 3 vs. Oakland. They have teh Sox' number and the mariners don't.