PDA

View Full Version : Max Scherzer making history

Jjav829
04-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Another one of these good D'back prospects made his debut today. Max Scherzer came on after starter Edgar Gonzalez couldn't get out of the 3rd inning.

So what has Scherzer done so far? Retired the first 13 batters he's faced, with 7 of those coming via strikeouts. That is the most consecutive batters retired by a pitcher making his debut in relief since 1956.

Mad Max just got pulled, but that was a hell of a debut.

The D'backs have too much young talent. It's almost unfair.

TheOldRoman
04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
The D'backs have too much young talent. It's almost unfair.I'm just glad they don't still have Carlos Quentin.

DSpivack
04-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Saw his last two outs, wished I had seen more. Man, does his stuff look filthy.

OkStateSox
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I remember watching that guy play college ball for Missouri. You just knew that he was going to make it big.

Sockinchisox
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm kicking myself for not jumping on him in my fantasy team when I had the chance.

VenturaFan23
04-30-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm kicking myself for not jumping on him in my fantasy team when I had the chance.

I just did :bandance:

Man, do the D'backs know how to pick 'em or what?

VeeckAsInWreck
04-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Hopefully it wasn't a fluke. Johnny Cueto came out dealin' and now has been dealt on his last few outings. He got shelled by St. Louis last night.

DSpivack
04-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Hopefully it wasn't a fluke. Johnny Cueto came out dealin' and now has been dealt on his last few outings. He got shelled by St. Louis last night.

Just because Cueto is struggling a bit doesn't make him a fluke. Plenty of rookie pitchers struggle.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Just because Cueto is struggling a bit doesn't make him a fluke. Plenty of rookie pitchers struggle.

I know rookie pitchers struggle but after Cueto exploded on the scene there was all this buzz about him and now he's been getting hit. I expect him to come back after all he's only 22.

VeeckAsInWreck
05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Scherzer makes his first start tonight against Philly. I'm curious to see how he does.

JorgeFabregas
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm just glad they don't still have Carlos Quentin.
I'm sure they'd like to have Quentin (and I am very glad that Kenny made the trade), but Carter is raking so far in high A. 10 homeruns and 27 RBI already.

Jjav829
05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm sure they'd like to have Quentin (and I am very glad that Kenny made the trade), but Carter is raking so far in high A. 10 homeruns and 27 RBI already.

Carter is raking in High-A for the Athletics. The D'Backs traded him away in the Dan Haren deal.

And I doubt the D'backs miss Quentin too much. As hot of a start as he's had for us, the D'Backs just didn't have room. He wasn't even going to get an opportunity with Byrnes, Young and Upton in the outfield.