kevingrt
04-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Just got an e-mail from my rep.

Bru :cool:

I am assuming it is in Baltimore?

oeo
04-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I am assuming it is in Baltimore?

They start a 3-game series in Baltimore on that day, so yes.

kingpin_rcs
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
How does this work exactly? Will they resume the game - not play it over - and the Sox will be the home team? What happens if trades are made by that time are those players eligible?

scarsofthumper
04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
I would assume that they would resume the game, with the orioles batting in the top of the 12th

JB98
04-29-2008, 07:01 PM
I would assume that they would resume the game, with the orioles batting in the top of the 12th

That's my understanding.

KyWhiSoxFan
04-29-2008, 07:03 PM
In cases of suspended games, do the player stats compiled through the first 11 innings count in current stats or do they wait for the game to be completed in August before the stats are included?

soxfan21
04-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Got the same email from my rep, it says that the scheduled game that day wil start 20 minutes after the conclusion of this game. Hopefully we just pull the first game out in the 12th so the guys aren't too tired for the second game.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-29-2008, 07:08 PM
In cases of suspended games, do the player stats compiled through the first 11 innings count in current stats or do they wait for the game to be completed in August before the stats are included?

From what I can tell the stats are included now.

anewman35
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
How does this work exactly? Will they resume the game - not play it over - and the Sox will be the home team? What happens if trades are made by that time are those players eligible?

Yes. Yes.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Got the same email from my rep, it says that the scheduled game that day wil start 20 minutes after the conclusion of this game. Hopefully we just pull the first game out in the 12th so the guys aren't too tired for the second game.

How does that work for TV though? Comcast carried the suspended game and WCIU is supposed to carry the scheduled game for that day. :scratch:

soxfan21
04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
How does that work for TV though? Comcast carried the suspended game and WCIU is supposed to carry the scheduled game for that day. :scratch:

My guess is that they will broadcast it the same way they did it this past weekend with the rainout game that was played saturday morning, with comcast taking the suspended game and WCIU still taking the game that they were suppose to broadcast.

anewman35
04-29-2008, 08:04 PM
My guess is that they will broadcast it the same way they did it this past weekend with the rainout game that was played saturday morning, with comcast taking the suspended game and WCIU still taking the game that they were suppose to broadcast.

What happens if the game goes a few innings and delays the regular game? What does WCIU show?

ksimpson14
04-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Weak. Too bad the Sox can't be clever and pull off something like hosting a minor league affiliate game and tacking on the rest of this game on that

oeo
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
It would be interesting if this game went an extra 10 innings or something.

It's Dankerific
04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
It would be interesting if this game went an extra 10 innings or something.

in the rain =)

Brian26
04-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Weak. Too bad the Sox can't be clever and pull off something like hosting a minor league affiliate game and tacking on the rest of this game on that

That's actually a pretty neat idea.

The obvious problem with any scenario is that the re-started game could be over in literally one inning. If that's the case, it's almost impossible to expect to staff the ballpark and ask fans to come watch unless there's another event scheduled on that day. If you have another game scheduled between two other teams, where do you house the other teams? Are there auxiliary clubhouses at the Cell?

DSpivack
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't mind seeing two games for the price of one at Camden Yards in August. :cool:

anewman35
04-29-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't mind seeing two games for the price of one at Camden Yards in August. :cool:

More likely 1.1 or 1.2 games...

ondafarm
04-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Stats are already included.

GeoffNotBlum
04-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Anything that happens in that game counts as April 27th for consecutive game streaks. According to the rule book, that was the only day the suspended game could be made up: the day of the next single game between the affected clubs in the same city; or the day of the next doubleheader between the affected clubs in the same city; or the day of the next single game between the affected clubs in the other city.

I haven't read the other threads yet, but I still don't understand why, after the Sox got their bats in the 11th, the game was suspended instead of called a tie. Did they change that rule in the last five years or so? I recall the Orioles played a rain-shortened tie game when Hurricane Isabel hit the Chesapeake in September of 2003.

anewman35
04-29-2008, 11:33 PM
I haven't read the other threads yet, but I still don't understand why, after the Sox got their bats in the 11th, the game was suspended instead of called a tie. Did they change that rule in the last five years or so? I recall the Orioles played a rain-shortened tie game when Hurricane Isabel hit the Chesapeake in September of 2003.

They changed the rule before last year.

ebit
04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
So how do they handle pitching for the makeup? Just toss who ever's reasonably fresh in the bullpen and hope the bats swing early?

jcw218
04-30-2008, 02:15 AM
So how do they handle pitching for the makeup? Just toss who ever's reasonably fresh in the bullpen and hope the bats swing early?

As far as how they would handle the pitching, i do not know. What I do know is that any player already playing or that had not yet been used is available to play in the remainder of the game even if said player(s) was/were not on the roster at the start of the original game.

anewman35
04-30-2008, 07:41 AM

Obviously, I'm sure it depends on the situtation at the time, but it would seem to make sense to treat it as a spot start, maybe using Massett.