PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Delgado refuses curtain call

Hokiesox
04-29-2008, 10:59 AM
In Sunday's game, Delgado hit his second HR of the day in the seventh and refused to come out of the dugout for a curtain call. He said later that he saw it as hitting a solo HR in the 7th inning, which isn't something he should do curtain calls for. Good for him!

DSpivack
04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
But Mets fans hated him for it. :dunno:

VeeckAsInWreck
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Carlos Delgado is an interesting individual. I don't want this to get political but I know that he refuses to take off his cap for the national anthem or when God bless America is sung.

Maybe he's balding and is embarrassed by it???? :dunno:

DSpivack
04-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Carlos Delgado is an interesting individual. I don't want this to get political but I know that he refuses to take off his cap for the national anthem or when God bless America is sung.

He did that in Toronto, but Willie Randolph told him he had to stand with the rest of his team for it, and with the Mets he does.

kittle42
04-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Can we merge this with that "What We Learn From Farmio" thread?

Oblong
04-29-2008, 12:41 PM

Is it a religious thing? Lou Whitaker and Chet Lemon would go back in the clubhouse during the anthem because they are Jehovah's Witnesses and said it violates their religious standards.

ksimpson14
04-29-2008, 01:00 PM
This reminds me of a game I saw a couple years ago, where Beltran hit a big HR, and the camera in the dugout caught him not wanting to come out for the curtain call since the fans had been too critical in the past, and Julio Franco was yelling at him and had to force him to do it. He got screwed anyway, because the camera caught it

Some Mets fans also booed Santana in his first start at Shea, something NY media say he was not happy about

The Immigrant
04-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Is it a religious thing?

It was a political thing for him, but as noted above he stopped doing it when he signed with the Mets.

Mr.1Dog
04-29-2008, 01:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Delgado

See the 2008 season...:?:

Oblong
04-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Johnny Damon took a curtain call in the 4th inning of game 2 of the 2006 ALDS. The Yankees were outscored 18-3 for the next 23 innings.

daveeym
04-29-2008, 01:44 PM

Too many teams like keeping dead players on the roster. :D:

VeeckAsInWreck
04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Too many teams like keeping dead players on the roster. :D:

:peace:Okay man, listen to this crazy theory I just came up with. Zombies don't like curtain calls, and Carlos Delgado doesn't like curtain calls. Also that Wikipedia article states that he died in spring training therefore my guess as to why he didn't take that curtain call is because he is a zombie! Now puff and pass this to the left!

CLR01
04-29-2008, 01:52 PM

I would say being dead is a pretty good excuse to not come out for a curtain call. Met fans should lighten up a little.

DSpivack
04-29-2008, 02:05 PM
:peace:Okay man, listen to this crazy theory I just came up with. Zombies don't like curtain calls, and Carlos Delgado doesn't like curtain calls. Also that Wikipedia article states that he died in spring training therefore my guess as to why he didn't take that curtain call is because he is a zombie! Now puff and pass this to the left!

Green?

VeeckAsInWreck
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Green?

I figured green would be appropriate for someone smoking herbs. Unless there has already been a color assigned for that and I didn't get the memo. :tongue:

DumpJerry
04-29-2008, 02:46 PM

Don't believe everything you read on the Internets.....

Mr.1Dog
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Understood. I just thought it was a bit odd.