PDA

View Full Version : *Official* This game shouldn't be where it's at - SUSPENDED thread

Pages : [1] 2

Patrick134
04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
his butt onto the next bus to Charlotte. Nice work BAAA.

voodoochile
Of course it HAD to go extra innings too...

How about that Juan Uribe?

rdwj
:rolleyes:

getonbckthr
Stupid move by Ozzie.

sox1970
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
1956 called. They want their novelty play back.

JD should have been up to hit a fly ball.

TomC727
Stupid move by Ozzie.

Extremely.

A fly ball would have won the game, and with a 2-1 count, what the hell, a SQUEEZE!!!!!!!

Definately on Ozzie.

WhiteSox5187
Oh I'm sure the players just LOVE this.

oeo
04-28-2008, 06:43 PM

Wow, could you imagine the FOBA if that happened?

Madscout
04-28-2008, 06:43 PM

Where the hell has he been, btw?

JermaineDye05
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
They had to delay there, the field was atrocious. Need to get the fixed. It could be a blessing (knock on wood) as the only guys the O's have left in the pen aren't exactly the A-Team. Then again who do the Sox have? Masset? Logan? Dotel? Wasserman?

cbotnyse
Tied after 11. I say the hitters ONLY bunt from now on. They should ALL be able to do it.yes, they should all be able to put a bunt down. Catch the ball with the bat, put it in play, this game is over.

Blueprint1
A reason for BA haters to hate again. I sure it burned you all the other day when he drove in the winning run.

cbotnyse
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Extremely.

A fly ball would have won the game, and with a 2-1 count, what the hell, a SQUEEZE!!!!!!!

Definately on Ozzie.I love the call.

JB98
Oh I'm sure the players just LOVE this.

I have no sympathy for them. They should have won this game 15 times over by now.

sox1970
Where the hell has he been, btw?

Hurt his groin. He said he was close to ready.

I'm sorry, but all he had to do is go up a hit the ball hard and jog to first.

Horrible managing today on a day they had no business playing to begin with.

Kwrubac
04-28-2008, 06:46 PM
A reason for BA haters to hate again. I sure it burned you all the other day when he drove in the winning run.

It's more like all the BA lovers thinking he is more talented than he really is...like I said he's the new Rowand.

JB98
04-28-2008, 06:46 PM

On the contrary, I jumped out of my seat as much as anyone in attendance at the Cell Saturday night. I exchanged as many high fives as anyone else.

But that one base hit does not convince me that Brian Anderson will be anything more than a fourth outfielder.

sox1970
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Would this be a tie if they can't play? Could they suspend until June 23?

SoxGirl4Life
04-28-2008, 06:47 PM
They can delay this for 2 hours??

sox1970
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Game Has Been Suspended......

SoxGirl4Life
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Nope.. they're suspending it. Maybe by the time they start it up, they'll figure out how to score someone from second with no one out.

Sockinchisox
04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Game has been suspended.

tony1972
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Game has been suspended.

Does this mean it continues a different day?

JermaineDye05
Game Has Been Suspended......

All for the best conditions were bad to begin with and were only getting worse. Hopefully when they start it again we'll be hitting. The only downside is Quentin's on fire right now and was leading off the next inning.

oeo
Horrible managing today on a day they had no business playing to begin with.

And why not? Everything went fine today...the game should be over by now.

chisoxmike
Leaving 14 guys on base is not good.

Not the most popular opinion, but they should've waited this out. I know its a travel day but tomorrow's game is a night game and you don't want to be making up a lot of games later in the season.

cheezheadsoxfan
Umps put us all out of our misery. Hope the Yankees can beat Cleveland so this day is not a total waste.

Blueprint1
04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
On the contrary, I jumped out of my seat as much as anyone in attendance at the Cell Saturday night. I exchanged as many high fives as anyone else.

But that one base hit does not convince me that Brian Anderson will be anything more than a fourth outfielder.

But its his fault Ozzie make a stupid call on the bunt? If he does not get the ball to the outfield you have two outs and a runner at third. With the missed bunt its two outs no one on and two strikes on the batter.

JB98
04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Umps put us all out of our misery. Hope the Yankees can beat Cleveland so this day is not a total waste.

So are they going to continue the game on 6/23? Any indication of what they're going to do?

It's Dankerific
04-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I fully expected the top of the next inning to try the old hidden ball trick had an oriole made it on base.

SoxGirl4Life
What's the rule on this? Farmio said they just changed the rule.

CHISOXFAN13
It would take three hours to get the field in shape.

Best decision to end the worst game ever.

oeo
But its his fault Ozzie make a stupid call on the bunt? If he does not get the ball to the outfield you have two outs and a runner at third. With the missed bunt its two outs no one on and two strikes on the batter.

I'm sure if Ozzie knew that Brian was going to whiff on the bunt attempt...

If he doesn't whiff, maybe just a foul ball...he still has a chance to get a sac fly.

Navarro's Talent
I didn't think they'd suspend it. Then again, the way this game was going, who knows when it would end?

JB98
04-28-2008, 06:54 PM

It is his fault for not executing the bunt. Regardless of whether the call is good or not, we win the game if he puts the ball in fair play. Doesn't even have to be a good bunt. Just get it down.

Of course, to be fair, there are other players who failed in key situations today, including our closer.

SoxGirl4Life
04-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Leaving 14 guys on base is not good.

Not the most popular opinion, but they should've waited this out. I know its a travel day but tomorrow's game is a night game and you don't want to be making up a lot of games later in the season.

14. :angry:

voodoochile
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I fully expected the top of the next inning to try the old hidden ball trick had an oriole made it on base.

Get over it, BA sucks!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/coldandflu/map/interactive/60610?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar&animation=true

Has this game been officially suspended?

chisoxmike
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Get over it, BA sucks!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/coldandflu/map/interactive/60610?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar&animation=true

Yes.

oeo
04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Of course, to be fair, there are other players who failed in key situations today, including our closer.

Definitely. Terrible job all the away around. Carlos and Javy were the only ones that played well (and maybe OC with those two heads up plays).

peelwonder
What's the rule on this? Farmio said they just changed the rule.

I do believe it'll be picked up on our next trip to Baltimore....

Since we don't play them again at home this year....

hi im skot
The Sox were upchuck-worthy today.

We need to see something big from them tomorrow in Minnesota.

thomas35forever
I am VERY unsatisfied with the way things went down. Stupid decisions by Ozzie and poor timely hitting should've just chalked this up as a loss. Even if we did win this game, it would be one of the most unsatisfying wins ever.

sox1970
04-28-2008, 06:57 PM
And why not? Everything went fine today...the game should be over by now.

Everything went fine? They can't finish the game. They played in **** all day. Both teams would have been available on June 23.

Now we may lose this game eventually, and Masset starts on Wednesday.

Horrible. Horrible decision to play today.

:angry:

SoxGirl4Life
I do believe it'll be picked up on our next trip to Baltimore....

And we'd still be the home team?

Dan Mega
Bad calls, no hitting again, lack of execution, stupid plays. Javy and TCQ were the lone bright spots.

peelwonder
04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
And we'd still be the home team?

Believe it or not...yes...

JermaineDye05
04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Am I correct to assume that Huff will not be able to play when they resume play? considering he was ejected.

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 06:59 PM
This game might create a WSI civil war.

oeo
Everything went fine? They can't finish the game? They played in **** all day. Both teams would have been available on June 23.

Now we may lose this game eventually, and Masset starts on Wednesday.

Horrible. Horrible decision to play today.

:angry:

Yeah, it all did go fine. They had a big enough window to get the game in. You can't predict an extra innings game.

And we may have lost the game on June 23rd...what difference does that make? :?:

It was a good decision trying to get this one in.

Madvora
Am I correct to assume that Huff will not be able to play when they resume play? considering he was ejected.
That sounds right. It's still the same game.

chisoxmike
I'd image they play it on June 23. The Sox have an off day after playing the first weekend Sox/Cubs series at Wrigley. The Orioles have an off day that day before they come into town to play to Cubs.

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 07:00 PM

Rosters will be exactly where they were when the game was suspended.

JermaineDye05
This game might create a WSI civil war.

Well look on the positive side. Sox didn't lose, we're still just tied, and GTA IV comes out tomorrow!

peelwonder
I'd image they play it on June 23. The Sox have an off day after player the first weekend Sox/Cubs series at Wrigley. The Orioles have an off day that day before they come into town to play to Cubs.

They won't do that...it'll be picked up on our next trip to Baltimore....

Dan Mega

Unless one of the players is on the DL at the point.

turners56
That was a very boring game for the first 9, but was one of the most entertaining for the last 2. How about Juan Uribe? I didn't know Juan can hit a breaking ball. Whatever the case may be, I think this game should of been won in 8.5 innings. The amount of runs that could of been scored were along the lines from 4-6 runs. So basically, Vazquez got screwed by Alexei Ramirez and terrible situational hitting. Not to mention Ozzie made one of the worst mistakes this season by squeeze bunting with Brian Anderson ON A 2-1 COUNT. I don't know why Ozzie underestimates Anderson all the time. Better yet, that 2-1 pitch was a ball! Jesus Ozzie, what were you thinking? We're lucky to come out of this game without a loss. It will be hilarious to see the Sox as the home team at Camden Yards come August.

thomas35forever
What if some players are gone whether it be the minors or release or whatever?

tony1972
04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I am VERY unsatisfied with the way things went down. Stupid decisions by Ozzie and poor timely hitting should've just chalked this up as a loss. Even if we did win this game, it would be one of the most unsatisfying wins ever.

I agree..90 percent of the time Ozzie is a good manager..but there's that 10 percent where you just do WHAT ?!?

I KNOW Jenks is the closer...but he ALWAYS has trouble against Baltimore..is there a law that says you can't sometimes put someone else in the 9th that's not your closer? It's this mentality..well..he's the closer..I'm not going to make adjustments that's it..well..winter is from Dec. 21st to March 21st so no matter what the temp..I'm ALWAYS wearing a winter coat, boots, a scarf ,etc.....and summer is from June 21st to Sept. 21st so I'M going swimming EVERYDAY...it's this stubborness mentality that drives me up a wall with some managers...

yeah..you have certain rules but I think a good manager sometimes makes adjustments depending on the situation...

SoxGirl4Life

Right. Same line-up. Same guys that were taken out (Ramirez) out, pitchers can't re-pitch unless its Linebrink or Sherrill (sp?)

Madvora
Ozzie needs to recognize the current failures of this team and do something, anything about it. I'm glad I'm not in that position, because I don't know what the hell to do, but this runners on base thing is getting ridiculous.

chisoxmike
They won't do that...it'll be picked up on our next trip to Baltimore....

They might.

It's Dankerific
Get over it, BA sucks!

Of course he does. I guess he made Lexi leave all those men on base too, right? But he gets a pass because BA sucks. I guess all those popups, K's and GIDP by swisher, Thome, OC, and AJ don't matter because BA SUCKS.

at least he got a ****ing hit, too bad he didnt get an opportunity to get one when it mattered. he was being told to bunt the ball. My favorite part was DJ saying it was a hard pitch to bunt and Hawk saying it wasn't Its all colored glasses. Its nice to know that BA can be skewered when he was on base 3 ****ing times today while some member of the team went 0 for 5 and 0 for 6.

BUT BA SUCKS. I get it. Thanks.

Soxman219
When you leave 14 basrunners, you deserve to lose. We're lucky this game got suspended.

whitesoxfan
I like BA a lot, but you have to make contact on the squeeze play. There's no excuse for a major league player failing to make contact on a bunt. Worst case scenario should've been just fouling off the bunt.

Just very frustrating for Brian to make a gaffe like that. It cost us the win.

anewman35
04-28-2008, 07:02 PM

That's not true. Players who are already out (i.e. Jenks, Ramirez) can't play, but if we'd called somebody new up, they can play, I'm pretty sure.

sox1970
Yeah, it all did go fine. They had a big enough window to get the game in. You can't predict an extra innings game.

We may have lost the game on June 23rd...what difference does that make? :?:

First and foremost, the conditions were awful to begin with. They could have called it for the rain forecasted all day, and the cold.

Second, now they have to use Masset on Wednseday. They call it from the beginning, then Vazquez pitches tomorrow and Floyd on Wednesday.

It does make a difference.

Madvora
I agree..90 percent of the time Ozzie is a good manager..but there's that 10 percent where you just do WHAT ?!?

I KNOW Jenks is the closer...but he ALWAYS has trouble against Baltimore..is there a law that says you can't sometimes put someone else in the 9th that's not your closer? It's this mentality..well..he's the closer..I'm not going to make adjustments that's it..well..winter is from Dec. 21st to March 21st so no matter what the temp..I'm ALWAYS wearing a winter coat, boots, a scarf ,etc.....and summer is from June 21st to Sept. 21st so I'M going swimming EVERYDAY...it's this stubborness mentality that drives me up a wall with some managers...

yeah..you have certain rules but I think a good manager sometimes makes adjustments depending on the situation...
That's the kind of thing that used to make sense when they'd have Koch in there or Marte to always face lefties. It makes less sense now because Jenks is our best pitcher and he's expected to perform better than anyone else we have out there.

tony1972
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Of course he does. I guess he made Lexi leave all those men on base too, right? But he gets a pass because BA sucks. I guess all those popups, K's and GIDP by swisher, Thome, OC, and AJ don't matter because BA SUCKS.

at least he got a ****ing hit, too bad he didnt get an opportunity to get one when it mattered. he was being told to bunt the ball. My favorite part was DJ saying it was a hard pitch to bunt and Hawk saying it wasn't Its all colored glasses. Its nice to know that BA can be skewered when he was on base 3 ****ing times today while some member of the team went 0 for 5 and 0 for 6.

Alexi has two weeks to not play that well..leave runners on base, etc...didn't Brian Anderson get 4 MONTHS in 2006 to strike out about 2000 times with runners on base..there's a big difference..

I think with Anderson..is that he got his chance and never took advantage of it...Ozzie's not big on 2nd (and in Anderson's case ) 3rd or 4th chances...

whitesoxfan
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Ozzie needs to recognize the current failures of this team and do something, anything about it. I'm glad I'm not in that position, because I don't know what the hell to do, but this runners on base thing is getting ridiculous.

For one, this team needs speed in the lineup. Things would be a lot different if Richar were somewhere to be seen. That way Alexi would be in AAA and Richar might actually get more playing time than Uribe.

There has to be a way of getting Owens up here too. The argument could be made that he needs to get AB's everyday and the only place he would be able to do that is in Charlotte, but if we're serious about winning the division, he needs to be a bench player here in some capacity.

oeo
First and foremost, the conditions were awful to begin with. They could have called it for the rain forecasted all day, and the cold.

Oh well. Baltimore doesn't come back here...and although they do come back to Chicago, they usually try to steer away from the 1-game "series" unless it's completely necessary.

Second, now they have to use Masset on Wednseday. They call it from the beginning, then Vazquez pitches tomorrow and Floyd on Wednesday.

It does make a difference.

You're becoming quite the whiner...

You like it from the Sox perspective, how do you know the Orioles feel the same way? They should have tried their best to get it in. They did, and it should have been finished, too. Props to them.

hi im skot
Unless one of the players is on the DL at the point.

Right.

Tragg
Not that this has anything too do with it, but Fri-Mon wrap around 4 game series blow.
Make them Mon-Thur or Thur-Sun.

thomas35forever
I don't think this game should've been played at all. It's been cold and rainy all ****ing day, and one reason I didn't want that lead blown was because of the field conditions. I had the same feeling after we gave up the lead in the ninth of Game 2 of the WS. Sorry for the rant, but this is the most frustrated I've been after a game in awhile.

whitesoxfan
That's not true. Players who are already out (i.e. Jenks, Ramirez) can't play, but if we'd called somebody new up, they can play, I'm pretty sure.

I'm not sure if that's the case.

HITMEN OF 77
04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Bad call by Ozzie in the 9th IMO. But on the other hand had BA laid that bunt down and we score the winning run, everyone (well most everyone) on here would be praising Ozzie for the great call.

anewman35
04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Just to confirm what I wrote earlier, from MLB.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2007/04_starting_and_ending_game.pdf)

A player who was not with the club when the game was suspended may be used as a substitute, even if he has taken the place of a player no longer with the club who would not have been eligible because he had been removed from the lineup before the game was suspended.

turners56
04-28-2008, 07:06 PM

Brian Anderson played a good game. 1-3 with 2 walks was better than most guys that played today. Plus, he had a 2-1 count when he missed that bunt, Ozzie made a terrible decision to try and bunt when Anderson was up in the count. I can understand doing it on the first or second pitch. But with a 2-1 count? All this tells me that Ozzie doesn't trust Brian whatsoever.

Madvora
04-28-2008, 07:06 PM
For one, this team needs speed in the lineup. Things would be a lot different if Richar were somewhere to be seen. That way Alexi would be in AAA and Richar might actually get more playing time than Uribe.

There has to be a way of getting Owens up here too. The argument could be made that he needs to get AB's everyday and the only place he would be able to do that is in Charlotte, but if we're serious about winning the division, he needs to be a bench player here in some capacity.
Make the changes now. Swap out Owens for Anderson or Ramirez. Try some new things out. Move Quentin around. Move Crede up. Let Thome catch and bat 9th... anything.

thomas35forever
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Make the changes now. Swap out Owens for Anderson or Ramirez. Try some new things out. Move Quentin around. Move Crede up. Let Thome catch and bat 9th... anything.
How 'bout Dye at SS? Would that work?

Chilli Palmer
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM

And we may have lost the game on June 23rd...what difference does that make? :?:

It was a good decision trying to get this one in.

Please elaborate.

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
You know whose fault this all is?

That's right, you guessed it...

http://kore.mitene.or.jp/%7Ejamboree/frank%20stallone.jpg

Madvora
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
How 'bout Dye at SS? Would that work?
It's happened before. Remember that game? Wow!

Brian26
04-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Sox play at Baltimore Aug 25-27, all night games...so the game will be made up before one of those.

tony1972
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't think this game should've been played at all. It's been cold and rainy all ****ing day, and one reason I didn't want that lead blown was because of the field conditions. I had the same feeling after we gave up the lead in the ninth of Game 2 of the WS. Sorry for the rant, but this is the most frustrated I've been after a game in awhile.

I agree....I was surprised that they played today at all..you're resting Dye to protect him..but let's let everyone run around in Lake Michigan # 2 for nine innings...

Noneck
I'd image they play it on June 23. The Sox have an off day after playing the first weekend Sox/Cubs series at Wrigley. The Orioles have an off day that day before they come into town to play to Cubs.
How would that work? Fans that had tics for today would be allowed in? Concessions would open for possibly 1 inning? Would your parking be free if you paid today? How many fans would come for possibly 1 inning? Has this ever been done before?

It's Dankerific
Alexi has two weeks to not play that well..leave runners on base, etc...didn't Brian Anderson get 4 MONTHS in 2006 to strike out about 2000 times with runners on base..there's a big difference..

I think with Anderson..is that he got his chance and never took advantage of it...Ozzie's not big on 2nd (and in Anderson's case ) 3rd or 4th chances...

its not 2006, Im not someone who wants to get into talking about 2 years ago for a play today. we all know thats been debated to death.

the fact was that brian was 1-2 with 2 walks, has been doing well and had a 2-1 hitters count. So, He's told to bunt it. Yeah, looks like an awesome ozzie idea if the pitch had been a strike, but it wasnt. it would have been 3-1. Why take the chance when you have 2 batters to get a hit, one batter just to make contact? that makes ZERO sense. High risk play, its risky, it failed. unlike the the high percentage of Brain a) getting a hit, b) getting a fly ball, c) baltimore making an error like a wild pitch/passed ball, bad fielding play d) making contact and TCQ scoring ANYWAY + Brian getting out and the next player getting a hit, reaching on an error, wild pitch, ETC.

the squeeze play was a moronic decision.

RTI_SoxFan
I love the squeeze play and BA didn't get his job done. If he wants to continue playing, do what you are asked. Back to the bench now!

Ozzie doesn't deserve blame for that. You are a professional baseball player, bunting should come easy. Get the bunts down and we win.

I was on the field prior to the night game on Saturday and BA came out to sign some autographs. It was me and about 20 other people, half of which were kids. You could tell he did not want to be out there signing autographs... he just looked annoyed the whole time. Well guess what BA, WE are paying some of your salary and not only do you not make the most of your opportunities, you're also a prick!

Now, let's spank the Twinkies at the Hump Dome!

Madvora
04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I'd like to see Owens in CF, Swisher in RF and Quentin in LF. Try Dye as the DH while Thome sits for a game or two. Also, bat Cabrera 9th. Mix it up for a while. I think it's time to tinker.

kevingrt
04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Real reason why the game was "suspended"...

They ran out of balls. I know it!

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
I love the squeeze play and BA didn't get his job done. If he wants to continue playing, do what you are asked. Back to the bench now!

Ozzie doesn't deserve blame for that. You are a professional baseball player, bunting should come easy. Get the bunts down and we win.

Translation, if Ozzie asked BA to play shortstop and he failed at it, it would be BA's fault, not Ozzie's. I think I'm finally getting how this works! :bandance:

hi im skot

I was on the field prior to the night game on Saturday and BA came out to sign some autographs. It was me and about 20 other people, half of which were kids. You could tell he did not want to be out there signing autographs... he just looked annoyed the whole time. Well guess what BA, WE are paying some of your salary and not only do you not make the most of your opportunities, you're also a prick!

I agree with you about Anderson ****ing up, but I fail to see how his supposed "attitude" on kids day has anything to do with whether or not he has a roster spot.

oeo
its not 2006, Im not someone who wants to get into talking about 2 years ago for a play today. we all know thats been debated to death.

the fact was that brian was 1-2 with 2 walks, has been doing well and had a 2-1 hitters count. So, He's told to bunt it. Yeah, looks like an awesome ozzie idea if the pitch had been a strike, but it wasnt. it would have been 3-1. Why take the chance when you have 2 batters to get a hit, one batter just to make contact? that makes ZERO sense. High risk play, its risky, it failed. unlike the the high percentage of Brain a) getting a hit, b) getting a fly ball, c) baltimore making an error like a wild pitch/passed ball, bad fielding play d) making contact and TCQ scoring ANYWAY + Brian getting out and the next player getting a hit, reaching on an error, wild pitch, ETC.

the squeeze play was a moronic decision.

Brian was given a great pitch to lay a bunt down on, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. He just missed.

Let's get off this subject because there were many other issues in this game. Brian should have at least made contact, but there were a lot of other guys that should have done **** earlier in the game too.

Ex-Chicagoan
You know whose fault this all is?

That's right, you guessed it...

http://kore.mitene.or.jp/%7Ejamboree/frank%20stallone.jpg

Well, the game is "Far From Over."

tony1972
Real reason why the game was "suspended"...

They ran out of balls. I know it!

The game was caught smoking in the boys room and therefore was suspended...

Railsplitter
04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Extremely.

Definately on Ozzie.

And why no bunt after Swisher walked to lead off the fifth?

RTI_SoxFan
Translation, if Ozzie asked BA to play shortstop and he failed at it, it would be BA's fault, not Ozzie's. I think I'm finally getting how this works! :bandance:

Right Mega, that's what I meant! Come on man.

hi im skot

:?:

Playing out of position vs. failing to execute fundamentals? Makes perfect sense! :bandance:

UofCSoxFan
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
It's more like all the BA lovers thinking he is more talented than he really is...like I said he's the new Rowand.

If only here were that good.

I don't know, I'm pulling for BA but there's a point where the excuses just have stop. "He's not getting enough at-bats, it was a bad manager call, etc..."

I for one loved it when the manager put the squeeze on when I was up. It was a freaking FREE RBI. Ozzie was doing Anderson a favor and putting him into an easier spot to succeed. I mean, damn, what's easier, putting the bat on the ball or hitting it 300 feet, deep enough to score the run? You know what, don't answer that, cause many of you seem to think the latter.

When did BA turn into Manny Ramierez? He isn't exactly automatic there to get the fly ball we need.

JB98

Actually, no. It would be idiotic to ask Brian Anderson to play shortstop. It is not idiotic to ask him to execute a bunt.

oeo
Ozzie should have just said he would bring in Dotel to end diss ding.

Jerko
04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I admit i did not read the thread, but why can you start a game in the rain at 3, but not in the same exact rain at 1? Would have saved the field from 2 hours of saturation time. Plus, BRING JAVY out for the 9th. We ****in gave them this tie.

It's Dankerific
Brian was given a great pitch to lay a bunt down on, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. He just missed.

Let's get off this subject because there were many other issues in this game. Brian should have at least made contact, but there were a lot of other guys that should have done **** earlier in the game too.

He did not miss and he did make contact, it was a foul tip. I dont care who the player at the dish is with a 2-1 count, in the rain, you don't call that play.

Swisher missed 2 bunts and then GIDP in the 9th inning. Wheres his part of the thread?

Tragg
What the team needs is Richar up here. He has speed and can actually hit. Get well soon.

The Sox don't need a .330 slap hitter like Owens. Brian Anderson got on base FOUR times today. He plays stellar defense. But let's run him out of town because he missed a bunt? Brilliant

To call for a slapper with a .330 OBP who can't play D worth a damn to replace Anderson is absurd.

RTI_SoxFan
04-28-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree with you about Anderson ****ing up, but I fail to see how his supposed "attitude" on kids day has anything to do with whether or not he has a roster spot.

That has nothing to do with his roster spot. I'm just saying I think he's a prick as well as a crappy baseball player.

tony1972
04-28-2008, 07:17 PM
I admit i did not read the thread, but why can you start a game in the rain at 3, but not in the same exact rain at 1? Would have saved the field from 2 hours of saturation time. Plus, BRING JAVY out for the 9th. We ****in gave them this tie.

Oh..cause JENKS is the closer..that's the rule..the 9th is his...

oeo
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
He did not miss and he did make contact, it was a foul tip.

Fine, it skimmed the bat...whoopee. You know what I mean by making contact.

Swisher missed 2 bunts and then GIDP in the 9th inning. Wheres his part of the thread?Did I not just say there were other issues in the game (although, Swisher screwing up the bunt wasn't nearly as crucial as the other problems).

Methinks there would be a lot more hating if, for instance, it was Alexei Ramirez that screwed up the bunt.

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Actually, no. It would be idiotic to ask Brian Anderson to play shortstop. It is not idiotic to ask him to execute a bunt.

When they know that 80% of this team can't bunt why then

1)Ask a guy who they know that cannot bunt, to bunt on a freaking squeeze when a sac-fly would have made much more sense and

2)if most of this team can't bunt or leaves a dozen guys on base, what does this say overall about your hitting coach?

Simple as that. Yes, BA should be able to bunt well but he doesn't. Its like asking Shaq to win the game by shooting 3's instead of dishing it to him down low.

tony1972
actually...you have to feel for Ozzie..if he made some of the decisions today and they won..he's a genius..if not..he's a Moron..

and if he made different ones and they backfired..he'd still be criticized (and vice versa)..

but I wouldn't have had Anderson up with a runner on 3 with less than 2 outs..we've seen him strand runners on 3rd a LOT...

CHISOXFAN13
Oh..cause JENKS is the closer..that's the rule..the 9th is his...

So in your world a starter should never complete a game?

Thread of the year.

It's Dankerific
04-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Did I not just say there were other issues in the game (although, Swisher screwing up the bunt wasn't nearly as crucial as the other problems).

I'm learning from WSI that putting down a bunt is easy and any professional hitter should be able to do it. So, Swisher had 2 chances, why wasn't the play executed? Lucky for Swish he also got to pick the pitch he was putting in play.

hi im skot
This is destined to become one of the all-time classic threads.

Ozzie-hating, BA-bashing, bullpen problems, crappy offense...

http://www.tvacres.com/images/koolaid5b.jpg

UofCSoxFan

That is the most assbackward argument I have heard in a long time.

You're telling me it is unreasonable to expect a bunt from a CF bench player with limited power that has bunted before?

Seriously, some of you remind me of overprotective parents that can't accept the fact that their son just can't get it done at times. It's always someone else's fault.

And you know what, I bet if Anderson gets asked about it, he'll say, I messed up, it was a great call, I got a great pitch to bunt, and I just missed it. My fault. That's one of the reason's I like him. But come on...there's a point when you make excuses every day you have to start asking yourself, maybe he's just not that good (at least right now).

tony1972
So in your world a starter should never complete a game?

Thread of the year.

I forget to put this in teal..I was being sarcastic..

oeo
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Plus, BRING JAVY out for the 9th. We ****in gave them this tie.

No manager brings out Javy for the 9th unless their closer ****ing blows. Too small of a lead when Javy's pitch count is at 100.

JB98
What the team needs is Richar up here. He has speed and can actually hit. Get well soon.

The Sox don't need a .330 slap hitter like Owens. Brian Anderson got on base FOUR times today. He plays stellar defense. But let's run him out of town because he missed a bunt? Brilliant

To call for a slapper with a .330 OBP who can't play D worth a damn to replace Anderson is absurd.

I'm not in favor of sending Anderson down. As far as I'm concerned, BA is the fourth outfielder on this club. He earned that position in spring training, and he's done nothing to lose the spot.

However, I'm also tired of the BA crowd blaming Ozzie for Anderson's missteps. He screwed the pooch on the bunt today. It's that simple. And it's not Ozzie's fault.

SoxGirl4Life
I'm calling props for Uribe! :)

MrRoboto83
04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
I just got back from the ballpark and I feel like I just froze my ass off for a complete waste of time. What a nasty game.

tony1972
I'm not in favor of sending Anderson down. As far as I'm concerned, BA is the fourth outfielder on this club. He earned that position in spring training, and he's done nothing to lose the spot.

However, I'm also tired of the BA crowd blaming Ozzie for Anderson's missteps. He screwed the pooch on the bunt today. It's that simple. And it's not Ozzie's fault.:D:

Blueprint1

Now, let's spank the Twinkies at the Hump Dome!

Now you can read his mind? You BA haters are all the same. Just waiting for him to make one mistake.

doublem23
That has nothing to do with his roster spot. I'm just saying I think he's a prick as well as a crappy baseball player.

Who gives a **** if he's a saint or a bastard, as long as he knows how to play baseball, I'll deal with it.

hi im skot

However, I'm also tired of the BA crowd blaming Ozzie for Anderson's missteps. He screwed the pooch on the bunt today. It's that simple. And it's not Ozzie's fault.

Thank you!

It's Dankerific
And you know what, I bet if Anderson gets asked about it, he'll say, I messed up, it was a great call, I got a great pitch to bunt, and I just missed it. My fault. That's one of the reason's I like him.

He DAMN well better say that if asked if he has any hope of taking another AB as a Chicago White Sox.

That doesnt mean its right.

oeo
04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm learning from WSI that putting down a bunt is easy and any professional hitter should be able to do it. So, Swisher had 2 chances, why wasn't the play executed? Lucky for Swish he also got to pick the pitch he was putting in play.

First of all, at least Swisher made some contact. This wouldn't even be an issue if Anderson just sticks his bat in front of the ball. Hit the ball into the ground...

And Brian also got a good pitch to put into play. It was just terrible execution. Why are you making so many excuses for the guy?

turners56
Now you can read his mind? You BA haters are all the same. Just waiting for him to make one mistake.

Everybody just hates Brian, oh well, there's gotta be a scapegoat on every team. Too bad Alexei Ramirez can't hit anything but a ground ball to short. Too bad Orlando Cabrera swings first pitch all the time and grounds into numerous double plays. Too bad Jim Thome strikes out in the 11th. Too bad A.J. Pierzynski went 0-6 hitting 5 straight pitches for pop-ups. I guess the entire game falls on the shoulder of Brian Anderson who went 1-3 with 2 walks. I'm not appreciative of Anderson's effort, but it's obvious this team can't bunt, so why bother Ozzie? Farmio said it perfectly a couple of days ago, "why ask a player to do something they can't?" If you put 60% of the team in that situation, most of them would of failed to put down that bunt, could they make contact? Maybe...the lack of contact and the lack of effort Brian put into that attempt is what I blame him for, but the guy is not the only one to point your finger at.

UofCSoxFan

To your point, Swisher's failure to bunt was just as crappy. And believe me it would be, and probably should be a bigger discussion subject.

The fact that two people failed at something that IS EASY, does not make it hard. The Sox have flat out played poorly outside of Vazquez.

This is not only on Brian Anderson, but that ONE play, was his fault, not Ozzie's for asking him to do something completely absurd as many contend.

JB98
When they know that 80% of this team can't bunt why then

1)Ask a guy who they know that cannot bunt, to bunt on a freaking squeeze when a sac-fly would have made much more sense and

2)if most of this team can't bunt or leaves a dozen guys on base, what does this say overall about your hitting coach?

Simple as that. Yes, BA should be able to bunt well but he doesn't. Its like asking Shaq to win the game by shooting 3's instead of dishing it to him down low.

I guess we should have pinch-hit for BA then.

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Everybody just hates Brian, oh well, there's gotta be a scapegoat on every team.

Can we throw some Uribe-bashing just to really get this thread going? Maybe throw in a Brian Roberts rumor or something?

Jerko
04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
**** who can or can't bunt............ Javy should have started the 9th.

JB98
Everybody just hates Brian, oh well, there's gotta be a scapegoat on every team.

Other players who ****ed up today:
Swisher
Jenks
Linebrink
AJ
Ramirez
Cabrera

Are you happy now?

doublem23

Nobody asked him to reverse the spin of the Earth... He was just asked to put a bunt down.

We celebrated for him when he drove in the winning run Saturday, and now we're upset he failed to execute a fundamental baseball technique. I don't think that's terribly unreasonable. Yeah, plenty of people screwed the pooch today, but so did Anderson.

:dunno:

oeo
I guess we should have pinch-hit for BA then.

Nope, they don't want that. That would be not giving BA an opportunity.

And see, this is an instance of Ozzie setting BA up to fail. He hates his guts, don't you know? What other bull**** excuse can I make up for BA screwing up?

tony1972
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM

It was Ozzie's fault..he was supposed to stand behind Anderson at the plate and guide his swing (like you do with a kid learning how to ride a bike)...OR..he could have had Dye stand at the plate wearing an Anderson mask..see..it's Ozzie's fault for putting Anderson in an unreasonable situation and asking him something ridiculous like laying down a bunt...I mean..why doesn't Ozzie just ask Anderson to fly or find a cure for the cold while he's at it...?

Law11
It shouldnt have even come down to BA. We blew chances in the 7th and 8th with our core guys at bat.. Not to mention Bobby has been shaky of late. His walks to k ratio aint good.

Dan Mega
This is not only on Brian Anderson, but that ONE play, was his fault, not Ozzie's for asking him to do something completely absurd as many contend.

You're right, my arguments are absurd, and a squeeze bunt in the rain with a guy on 3rd when a flyball hitter is at the dish is not a bad management decision. I get it.

SoxGirl4Life

There are about 6 guys you could pin this one one.

Everyone who came up with runners in scoring position (I don't feel like looking up exactly who, but it HAS to be ALOT of guys. Quentin, Konerko, AJ, and Crede included)
Bobby
Linebrink for giving up the HR

The list goes on and on...

TomBradley72
I like the squeeze play, but not in this situation. BA has come through both Saturday and Sunday by simply making contact...I felt very good about his chances in that AB, including drawing another walk.
By luck or circumstance...the O's defended the play well (high/inside pitch).
I'm 100% behind BA being a member of this team. He played a big part in our wins Saturday and Sunday. But because of this play he belongs in Charlotte...why? so Jerry Owensednik can be called up? We need good defense in CF or from our 4th OF...BA is our best option.
We're 14-10, and other than AJ and Dye...the whole line up is slumping. If the guys making $6-12 million/year were doing their job we never would have been attempting a squeeze play in extra innings.

Jerko
04-28-2008, 07:27 PM
No manager brings out Javy for the 9th unless their closer ****ing blows. Too small of a lead when Javy's pitch count is at 100.

Jenks sucks vs. the O's, Javy was at 97 pitches. Bring him out.

hi im skot
Nope, they don't want that. That would be not giving BA an opportunity.

See, this is an instance of Ozzie setting BA up to fail. He hates his guts, don't you know?

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/Smileys/default/spit.gif

Blueprint1
Nobody asked him to reverse the spin of the Earth... He was just asked to put a bunt down.

We celebrated for him when he drove in the winning run Saturday, and now we're upset he failed to execute a fundamental baseball technique. I don't think that's terribly unreasonable. Yeah, plenty of people screwed the pooch today, but so did Anderson.

:dunno:

All I am saying is that that sac fly is the play. The bunt was a stupid play. He never should have been asked to do that.

UofCSoxFan
04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Can we throw some Uribe-bashing just to really get this thread going? Maybe throw in a Brian Roberts rumor or something?

I actually blame Kenny Williams for this game so far. I mean if he had traded Josh Fields for Brian Roberts befroe the game, Brain Roberts would not have got that double against us to tie it up. Moreover, Ramierez wouldn't have stranded all those runners early on. And you know what, if Uribe was better, he would have been in for Ramierez earlier and come through in one of those early RBI situations...so blame Uribe too.

How's that? :smile:

It's Dankerific
First of all, at least Swisher made some contact. This wouldn't even be an issue if Anderson just sticks his bat in front of the ball. Hit the ball into the ground...

And Brian also got a good pitch to put into play. It was just terrible execution. Why are you making so many excuses for the guy?

I'm not making an excuse. He didnt bunt the ball. it is my opinion that NO ONE should be asked to bunt in that situation. the probability of success of doing normal baseball vs. high risk suicide squeeze says you should play the game normal. I pointed out earlier how many other ways that TCQ could have scored.

I don't care if it were Juan Uribe, or Owens, Lexi or any of my "non favorites" or "BA job competitors." I would stand up for them and say "it was a ****ing stupid move by Ozzie." My other comments about ball location or contact or ease of bunting are ancillary responses to the wonderful "BA sucks and bunting is easy" comments littering th board.

oeo

I like how this has transformed from, the game is all Ozzie's fault, to all anyone does is hate on Brian Anderson. Too funny. You all started this argument when you couldn't admit that your boy BA ****ed up.

turners56
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I actually blame Kenny Williams for this game so far. I mean if he had traded Josh Fields for Brian Roberts befroe the game, Brain Roberts would not have got that double against us to tie it up. Moreover, Ramierez wouldn't have stranded all those runners early on. And you know what, if Uribe was better, he would have been in for Ramierez earlier and come through in one of those early RBI situations...so blame Uribe too.

How's that? :smile:

That font color makes my eyes hurt, I can't tell whether it's gray, black, or green.

Baines83
04-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Ozzie cost us this game pure and simple! Calling for the squeeze when Brian Anderson was ahead in the count and in those weather conditions was a terrible decision. Quentin and Crede had just hammered the ball so why not give Anderson a chance to do the same? I'd have had more faith in a passed ball or wild pitch happening than the chances a squeeze play would work in that situation. For a guy who learned to manage from Bobby Cox (among others) Ozzie sure makes some strange decisions.

UofCSoxFan
You're right, my arguments are absurd, and a squeeze bunt in the rain with a guy on 3rd when a flyball hitter is at the dish is not a bad management decision. I get it.

So its easier to hit a 300 foot fly ball in these conditions than bunt a ball 2 feet and make a team run in and field it cleanly and throw a fast runner out at the plate?

In what alternate universe?

turners56
I like how this has transformed from, the game is all Ozzie's fault, to all anyone does is hate on Brian Anderson. Too funny. You all started this argument when you couldn't admit that your boy BA ****ed up.

I'm in no way a Brian Anderson fan, but come on, how many times do we see the suicide squeeze in 2008? Just get the freaking sacrifice fly and boom the game's over. Ozzie was thinking wayyyyy too much in that inning.

Chilli Palmer
04-28-2008, 07:31 PM

And did Javy looked like he was struggling. *****. Vazquez should have pitched the 9th period. Pitch counts suck.

southsideirish71
04-28-2008, 07:31 PM
We have a man on third with less than 2 outs in extra innings at home. The infield is drawn in, the outfield is in. A passed ball, deep fly ball, single, error, ground ball past the drawn in infield. A number of ways to win the game. Yet our manager who thinks this is the National League decideds to pull out the trick squeeze play with a guy who has a hard time with contact. Good move. Maybe we can have a hit and run next with a sinkerballer with Uribe up as well.

This offense needs to pull its head from its rear. We score runs at a pretty good clip, but this is where a team with the worst BA in the American League shows its ugly head. Plenty of men on, no one wanted to hit. Well outside of TCQ. The one guy who shows a plan at the plate, is someone we took from another Organization and hasn't had Walker get his mark on him.

doublem23
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm in no way a Brian Anderson fan, but come on, how many times do we see the suicide squeeze in 2008? Just get the freaking sacrifice fly and boom the game's over. Ozzie was thinking wayyyyy too much in that inning.

Perhaps but does anyone have any faith in BA's ability to lift a deep fly ball? I sure don't.

cws05champ
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Brian Anderson played a good game. 1-3 with 2 walks was better than most guys that played today. Plus, he had a 2-1 count when he missed that bunt, Ozzie made a terrible decision to try and bunt when Anderson was up in the count. I can understand doing it on the first or second pitch. But with a 2-1 count? All this tells me that Ozzie doesn't trust Brian whatsoever.
Have you ever played baseball? A 2-1 count is a good count to try the sqeeze, not on the 1st pitch. I don't have a problem with the call, but more with the execution of the play. As someone earlier said...if BA gets the bunt down and we win, great call. It looks like a bad call in hindsight because he didn't make contact at all.
They will not continue to win if they keep leaving men on base all day every day.:angry::angry:

Lip Man 1
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Bobby and Baltimore don't mix. You'd think Ozzie understood that by now.

Any idea when this game will be resumed? Or is it a situation where they won't play it unless it impacts the divisional races.

Regarding Anderson, question for the group. I did not see the play but I've read that the pitch he was asked to squeeze on was very high and inside, an extremely difficult pitch to bunt.

Two questions:

1. Is that true on the pitch location.

2. Odd isn't it that Baltimore throws that pitch (if the location of it was in fact true...) I think there is a little sign stealing going on.

Lip

sox1970
And Javy looked like he was struggling. *****. Vazquez should have pitched the 9th period. Pitch counts suck.

Exactly. Javy was in complete command. If he goes 120 pitches, who cares? Get the ****ing win, and get on the plane to Minnesota.

UofCSoxFan
We have a man on third with less than 2 outs in extra innings at home. The infield is drawn in, the outfield is in. A passed ball, deep fly ball, single, error, ground ball past the drawn in infield. A number of ways to win the game. Yet our manager who thinks this is the National League decideds to pull out the trick squeeze play with a guy who has a hard time with contact. Good move. Maybe we can have a hit and run next with a sinkerballer with Uribe up as well.

This offense needs to pull its head from its rear. We score runs at a pretty good clip, but this is where a team with the worst BA in the American League shows its ugly head. Plenty of men on, no one wanted to hit. Well outside of TCQ. The one guy who shows a plan at the plate, is someone we took from another Organization and hasn't had Walker get his mark on him.

That's exactly why he did it. You don't do that play with a guy you know is going to put it in play. The fact that BA is stikeout prone is why they put the squeeze. Thank you for making the argument, though unintentionally.

Kwrubac
Perhaps but does anyone have any faith in BA's ability to lift a deep fly ball? I sure don't.

Agreed, he's more likely to strike out than get the sac fly...Bunting was the best option for the person who was batting.

It's Dankerific

thats not the only way a run would score!!! the damn pitcher could have taken a wet ball and threw it away, BA could have struck out and uribe coulda got a hit. It was ****ing stupid to pull a squeeze play there. STUPID

UofCSoxFan
04-28-2008, 07:34 PM

Any idea when this game will be resumed? Or is it a situation where they won't play it unless it impacts the divisional races.

Regarding Anderson, question for the group. I did not see the play but I've read that the pitch he was asked to squeeze on was very high and inside an extremely difficult pitch to bunt.

Two questions:

2. Odd isn't it that Baltimore throws that pitch (if the location of it was in fact true...) I think there is a little sign stealing going on.

Lip

The pitch was at the highest waist high and at most 4 inches inside. Very buntable.

hi im skot

Regarding Anderson, question for the group. I did not see the play but I've read that the pitch he was asked to squeeze on was very high and inside an extremely difficult pitch to bunt.

Two questions:

Lip

1. No. It was perfectly bunt-able.
2. Doubt it.

You'll have to check out the replay for yourself, though.

SoxGirl4Life
We deserved to lose this game.

However, we didn't. I look at it as a near-miss accident--lets not let it happen again.

Hopefully, when we pick it up we'll be 20 games over 500.

And we'll all look back on this game as the one that scared the crap outta some players and we NEVER LEAVE 14 men on base again!

RTI_SoxFan
BA did end up striking out during that AB... Just sayin'

Dan Mega
So its easier to hit a 300 foot fly ball in these conditions than bunt a ball 2 feet and make a team run in and field it cleanly and throw a fast runner out at the plate?

For some major leaguers, yes, it is. Did you play baseball in Japan with ondafarm?

Jjav829
04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
thats not the only way a run would score!!! the damn pitcher could have taken a wet ball and threw it away, BA could have struck out and uribe coulda got a hit. It was ****ing stupid to pull a squeeze play there. STUPID

Hey, that's not a very unbiased line in your sig. :tsk:

When is this game going to get going again? I turned away to watch the Sopranos.

southsideirish71
Have you ever played baseball? A 2-1 count is a good count to try the sqeeze, not on the 1st pitch. I don't have a problem with the call, but more with the execution of the play. As someone earlier said...if BA gets the bunt down and we win, great call. It looks like a bad call in hindsight because he didn't make contact at all.
They will not continue to win if they keep leaving men on base all day every day.:angry::angry:

I played 4 years of college baseball. On 2-1 with a man on 3rd less than 2 outs in extras at home. My coach wants me to center the ball up and drive it as hard as I can in that count.

doublem23

And if he had just laid down a bunt, we're all celebrating and calling Ozzie a genius for catching the O's off guard.

It must be nice to be right all the time. :rolleyes:

It's Dankerific
04-28-2008, 07:36 PM

Two questions:

Lip

1. Depends if you hate BA/love Ozzie or not. You're going to have to see it for yourself because everyone will say something different. I will say the "From the cubicle" described it as high and in.

2. Hawk and DJ knew it was coming, probably so did the orioles. they probably just had to ask themselves, "whats the stupidest ****ing thing ozzie could do here" and since he didnt ask BA to bat lefty, this is what you get.

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:36 PM

I think its great how the haters are all thinking when most of us say "fly ball" they think "300 feet" or "deep", when in fact a duck snort would have gotten the job done.

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
And if he had just laid down a bunt, we're all celebrating and calling Ozzie a genius for catching the O's off guard.

Wrong, many of us would have said we lucked out on a bad decision.

It's Dankerific
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM

I promise you I would have said "that was lucky" not genius.

MushMouth
Well... Juan really hacked the hell outta that ball at least.

We have a chance to put this in the W column later in the year - I'm happy we didn't pick up the L. Move on tomorrow, time to beat up the twinks in the trashbag.

doublem23
I think its great how the haters are all thinking when most of us say "fly ball" they think "300 feet" or "deep", when in fact a duck snort would have gotten the job done.

You know what else would have gotten the job done? A ****ing bunt.

Jurr
I highly doubt that. People would be saying "Ozzie had a great decision that was backed up by great execution. Viva smart ball!"

hi im skot

:rolling:

sox1970

Exactly.

The squeeze play is an outdated play in 2008 Major League Baseball.

Make contact. Get a fly ball.

Better yet, have JD come off the bench to do it.

Baines83

I wouldn't exactly call Carlos fast. My point is, Johnson had just been hit hard twice. It looked to me like he was tiring out there. The infield was already drawn in so what makes anyone think the squeeze would work? I say give BA a chance to hit a sac fly or drive one through the infield.

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey, remember all those times AJ could have wrapped this game up with a simple base hit?

doublem23
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I promise you I would have said "that was lucky" not genius.

Sure you would. :rolleyes: I'm sure you'd cram your stupid sig with a bunch of BRIAN ANDERSON WALK-OFF WINS: 2, too.

It was a risky call that backfired because Anderson couldn't drop a bunt, but one that never should have needed to be made since we left 14 guys on base and our closer blew the game in the 9th.

Jesus Christ.

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Jerko
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Man at 3rd, 1 out, no pitcher throwing 2 strikes in a row, yea, that was a horse**** call to bunt. BA has been making contact, hitting flies, etc. that was a **** call. So was starting the 9th with Jenks. :angry:

Baines83
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
The pitch was at the highest waist high and at most 4 inches inside. Very buntable.
Yes, that was ball three. Pitcher has to throw a fastball on the next pitch. BA would have been sittin on it.

doublem23
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM

And I'm goin' apple picking with Scooby Doo.

Toit toit toit toit toit

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:42 PM
And I'm goin' apple picking with Scooby Doo.

Toit toit toit toit toit

I apologize for questioning Sox management.

Jurr
04-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Sure you would. :rolleyes: I'm sure you'd cram your stupid sig with a bunch of BRIAN ANDERSON WALK-OFF WINS: 2, too.

It was a risky call that backfired because Anderson couldn't drop a bunt, but one that never should have needed to be made since we left 14 guys on base and our closer blew the game in the 9th.

Jesus Christ.
Bravo..well said.
What makes me laugh is the fact that this game has yet to be decided. By the time it resumes, the Orioles will have faded, and the Sox will get a win. Actually, I hope it's not reversed.

This feels like a post-loss thread.

Jjav829
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Haha, the BA love is so weird. He didn't get the job done. Was it a bad call? Of course, because it didn't work. That play is always one that people will second guess if it doesn't work out. And if it does, yay, we got a win. What a great call. Whatever. Get over it.

DrCrawdad
Any word on when this game is going to restart?

sox1970

TDB

hawkjt
04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
In these conditions, a ground ball probaby gets it done...Javy was very strong in the late innings and I was hoping he would come out in the 9th but I understand Ozzies move.

Carlos is playing his ass off. Thank god ,cuz nobody else can hit for average right now. We are in another of those collective slumps that remind of last year. Most of the players have to be pleased that these stats do not count as there are a lot of 0fers.

Juan saved the ultimate humiliation that losing this game would have been. So, thanks for small favors.

This team has got to cut down on the swings or something to make line drive contact.

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:45 PM
In these conditions, a ground ball probaby gets it done...Javy was very strong in the late innings and I was hoping he would come out in the 9th but I understand Ozzies move.

Carlos is playing his ass off. Thank god ,cuz nobody else can hit for average right now. We are in another of those collective slumps that remind of last year. Most of the players have to be pleased that these stats do not count as there are a lot of 0fers.

Juan saved the ultimate humiliation that losing this game would have been. So, thanks for small favors.

This team has got to cut down on the swings or something to make line drive contact.

I didn't mind the call for Jenks, I thought this game was wrapped up. Javy did great and TCQ looks like a beast. Good pickup there.

JB98

Hopefully, later in the year after the Orioles trade Brian Roberts and other key veterans.

hi im skot

:?:

These stats count...

doublem23
I apologize for questioning Sox management.

There's no point in even carrying this on since you can't seem to understand the basic principle that we're arguing about.

How bout I dumb this down for ya?

:teach:

Ozzie - Risky call
Brian Anderson - Failed
White Sox offense - 14 men LOB
Bobby Jenks - Blown Save

Blame = Lots to go around.

Got it yet? :scratch:

Blueprint1
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Haha, the BA love is so weird. He didn't get the job done. Was it a bad call? Of course, because it didn't work. That play is always one that people will second guess if it doesn't work out. And if it does, yay, we got a win. What a great call. Whatever. Get over it.

The sox didn't suck in 2006 becasue of BA. Get over it.

It's Dankerific

Jesus Christ.

I sure would have, because he pulled off a HIGH risk play. but it shouldnt have been necessary, i should have been putting a 2 in the box after a weak grounder allowed TCQ to score, but, Ozzie wins.

Baines83
Kenny should be calling the Baltimore GM and offering Dotel, Uribe and McDougal for Brian Roberts. Not only do we improve our team, but we wreck the Cub's plans for getting Roberts in July!

Jurr
Lovin' the voice of reason. Viva Uribe!!!

I don't understand why it's so hard to grasp. All of the armchair managers seem to get so determined to toot their own horns that they won't admit a squeeze was just as valid a call as swinging away.

A fly ball to the outfield has a better chance? Ummm...have you seen this lineup? Ground ball double plays and popups to the catcher are a norm. Ozzie asks for ONE PLAY and it doesn't get done. Not his fault, and it was a valid call.

Kwrubac
04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I sure would have, because he pulled off a HIGH risk play. but it shouldnt have been necessary, i should have been putting a 2 in the box after a weak grounder allowed TCQ to score, but, Ozzie wins.

What makes you so confident he could hit a sac fly if he couldn't lay down a bunt...Anderson's not known for his offense that's no secret.

doublem23

A high risk play? It's a ****ing bunt! A bunt!

Dan Mega
There's no point in even carrying this on since you can't seem to understand the basic principle that we're arguing about.

How bout I dumb this down for ya?

:teach:

Ozzie - Risky call
Brian Anderson - Failed
White Sox offense - 14 men LOB
Bobby Jenks - Blown Save

Blame = Lots to go around.

Got it yet? :scratch:

Did I ever say the blame wasn't all to go around? No. I was calling out those who were basically claiming that there was no bad call, just lack of execution.

Bad call AND bad execution.

Get it? :dtroll:

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Kenny should be calling the Baltimore GM and offering Dotel, Uribe and McDougal for Brian Roberts. Not only do we improve our team, but we wreck the Cub's plans for getting Roberts in July!

Ah yes, the ol' "huge sack of **** for one star player" idea. This will totally work! And we get to stick it to the Cubs?!? SIGN ME UP!

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:49 PM
A high risk play? It's a ****ing bunt! A bunt!

So now a squeeze play isn't a high risk play? Unbelievable.

Jurr
04-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow....dude. Much love for joining WSI. Let me go ahead and clue you in on something. These posts will get you TORCHED.

Dotel, Uribe, and Macdougal? Roberts? Cubs? EEk.

Jjav829
04-28-2008, 07:50 PM
The sox didn't suck in 2006 becasue of BA. Get over it.

Nope man. 2006 was totally BA's fault. I also blame him for the Revolutionary War.

tony1972
04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Ah yes, the ol' "huge sack of **** for one star player" idea. This will totally work! And we get to stick it to the Cubs?!? SIGN ME UP!

This board is pretty funny after a loss (or a tie).....:smile:......the anger is like as if Ozzie and the Sox players just went out and robbed a 7-11 or something...

Dan Mega
Wow....dude. Much love for joining WSI. Let me go ahead and clue you in on something. These posts will get you TORCHED.

I have to agree here. Not even Baltimore takes that deal. :D:

doublem23
What makes you so confident he could hit a sac fly if he couldn't lay down a bunt...Anderson's not known for his offense that's no secret.

Because he's Brian Anderson and he would have found a way to get it done. Nevermind the dude's got a .216 BA and is statistically more likely to strikeout than get a hit, he tore up Spring Training!

Obviously had Ozzie called the less risky swing away, he would have succeeded, but calling for the near impossible "bunt the ball 10 feet" play, god, how's someone supposed to do that?

Tragg
If BA can't bunt it is Ozzie's fault for calling a play that has little chance of success. (and BA's fault for not being able to bunt)
If BA can bunt, but just didn't execute, then that's primarily Anderson's fault (but the squeeze is an awfully risky play in general.)

The general tone seems to be demand for a return to the hacking and slapping of 2007 - a team unparalled in ability to make outs where Ozzie told them to - the preference for that is just bizarre. Let's not forget, of the 4 candidates for the third outfield spot, Ozzie had the 2 worst outfielders/hitters as the top 2 on this depth chart. Quentin was 3rd behind Ozzie-style slappers Ramirez and Owens. The outfield roster is right as is.

Jurr
Nope man. 2006 was totally BA's fault. I also blame him for the Revolutionary War.
Chlamydia? That was Anderson, as well.

Kwrubac

I hear he kicks puppies!

hi im skot

Don't forget chicken pox.

tony1972
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM

plus..his lack of timely hits in 2006 led to people getting depressed after the games and not spending enough money..this caused our current recession...

UofCSoxFan
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
For some major leaguers, yes, it is. Did you play baseball in Japan with ondafarm?

No I was never fortunate enough to play pro baseball. I did however play varsity baseball in college and faced some pitchers that are in the minors and one who is in the pros. I'm not talking out of my rear here. I have hit 95 mph pitching before and bunted off it and I assure you bunting is far easier.

And how is this about me? I'm not getting paid hundreds of thousands a year. And you know what? I'm pretty sure I would get that bunt down now that you asked. I probably laid down over 15 squeezes in my college and high school days and can only remember one that I botched, and I sure as hell didn't blame the manager for punting me in a difficult spot.

Edit: And yes I know some major leagures "can't" bunt, which to me is B.S. They are obviously capable of bunting given their skills, but never put the time or effort into learning to do it that they put into other aspects of their game. Brian Anderson is a role player on this team. He is a spot starter, defensive sub, that will be asked to bunt a lot if he is in late. If he can't get the job done, he will hurt this team.

Noneck
04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Squeeze? Maybe it could have been a good move, Maybe not. Anderson HAS to either make contact or let the ball make contact with him, that's lack of fundamentals. Bur remember Jenks also, he has to hold a speedy base runner on 2nd with no outs. That's lack of fundamentals. If they are taught, I don't know.

tony1972
04-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Squeeze? Maybe it could have been a good move, Maybe not. Anderson HAS to either make contact or let the ball make contact with him, that's lack of fundamentals. Bur remember Jenks also, he has to hold a speedy base runner on 2nd with no outs. That's lack of fundamentals. If they are taught, I don't know.

I'm don't think our pitcher's and catcher's could hold a snail on base...(and this is not sarcasm..unfortunately)...:whiner:

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm don't think our pitcher's and catcher's could hold a snail on base...(and this is not sarcasm..unfortunately)...:whiner:

Roger Bossard would never allow snails on to the field...:D:

Chilli Palmer

What makes you think these stats downt count?

tony1972
Roger Bossard would never allow snails on to the field...:D:

but Konerko plays first everyday....:scratch:

A. Cavatica
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Why is there a postgame thread for a game that isn't over? We will win the game eventually.

This thread sucks. Send it to the Roadhouse.

Dan Mega
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
No I was never fortunate enough to play pro baseball. I did however play varsity baseball in college and faced some pitchers that are in the minors and one who is in the pros. I'm not talking out of my rear here. I have hit 95 mph pitching before and bunted off it and I assure you bunting is far easier.

And how is this about me? I'm not getting paid hundreds of thousands a year. And you know what? I'm pretty sure I would get that bunt down now that you asked. I probably laid down over 15 squeezes in my college and high school days and can only remember one that I botched, and I sure as hell didn't blame the manager for punting me in a difficult spot.

Edit: And yes I know some major leagures "can't" bunt, which to me is B.S. They are obviously capable of bunting given their skills, but never put the time or effort into learning to do it that they put into other aspects of their game. Brian Anderson is a role player on this team. He is a spot starter, defensive sub, that will be asked to bunt a lot if he is in late. If he can't get the job done, he will hurt this team.

Ok, so I apologize for my previous pot shot. And you're right, it IS total bs that some major leaguers can't bunt. Farmer and Stoney were talking about that today. But today wasn't about BA's ability to bunt, its that he seems to be a better contact hitter than a bunter and he was asked to put on the squeeze in the rain. I'm sorry for getting a little hot under the collar however, I came to the thread and saw about 6 posts in a row pining the game on BA's lack of execution on the play. There were plenty of other things to question in there too though.

Jurr
04-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Why is there a postgame thread for a game that isn't over? We will win the game eventually.

This thread sucks. Send it to the Roadhouse.
This thread needs to be continued when the game actually continues. Most people will wonder why we even cared so much (whether for the good or the bad).

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 07:58 PM
but Konerko plays first everyday....:scratch:

:lol:

Well played.

kaufsox
04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
so, what did I miss?

Man, I thought it was bad in these parts after a loss. Any word on how this is going to get resolved? In Balt. perhaps?

It's Dankerific
04-28-2008, 08:00 PM
What I've learned from WSI today:

1. BA SUCKS
2. The squeeze play is NOT high risk
3. bunting is easy, so easy a former college baseball player could do it years after college in the major leagues.
4. getting at least 2 plate appearances to score a run is an unwise move
5. getting on base 3 times in a day is worse than going 0 for 6 or 0 for 5 with some pop ups and GIDP if you don't make the one play you're told to in extra innings.

miss anything?

EndemicSox
04-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Ehhh, whatever...

Same old, same old versus Baltimore...Jenks with the chokejob, Javy with a gem, Alexei looking like he belongs in South Bend, Uribe with his bi-monthly moon shot, AJ with an 0-6 performance, Thome's bat-speed hovering around non-existent, Sox piss poor bunting, Ozzie not realizing the team is piss-poor at bunting, Swisher acting like a clown...and guess what, the Sox can still win the game! Thank the heavens for Carlos Quentin! What a friggin steal this guy was...go out and buy his jersey today, as he'll be a fixture in the OF for the next 6 years.

I'm quite happy with team at this point, the pitching looks solid, the out-field of the future looks solid, although I worry about BA's confidence at this point, hopefully he can prove us wrong. As for the above post, bunting is certainly not easy for every hitter, especially in a pressure packed situation, he got on base three times today...lay off the smack for a while...

See y'all tommorow!

Vernam
04-28-2008, 08:01 PM
I sure would have, because he pulled off a HIGH risk play. but it shouldnt have been necessary, i should have been putting a 2 in the box after a weak grounder allowed TCQ to score, but, Ozzie wins.Suicide squeeze should not be a high risk play. The only excuse for the hitter not to get his bat on the ball is if it's aimed straight at his head -- which would likely be his own fault or the runner's for tipping the play. No excuse whatsoever for Anderson's failure to make contact there.

Now if someone wants to speculate about whether Ozzie created the whole situation to make BA look bad, go ahead and knock yourselves out. I have a hunch he's more interested in winning games and had faith that the kid would show minimal competence. Instead, his failure results in more claims that Ozzie is an idiot.

So which is it? He hates Anderson and has no faith in him, or he's an idiot for trusting Anderson to do his job? Because you all can't have it both ways.

Vernam

Jjav829
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Ok, so I apologize for my previous pot shot. And you're right, it IS total bs that some major leaguers can't bunt. Farmer and Stoney were talking about that today. But today wasn't about BA's ability to bunt, its that he seems to be a better contact hitter than a bunter and he was asked to put on the squeeze in the rain. I'm sorry for getting a little hot under the collar however, I came to the thread and saw about 6 posts in a row pining the game on BA's lack of execution on the play. There were plenty of other things to question in there too though.

Well, if you want to balance that off, you can go to the post-game thread from Saturday night when BA drove in the game-winning run. You didn't seem too upset about that, even though there clearly was plenty of other credit to go around in that situation. It works both ways...

hi im skot
04-28-2008, 08:03 PM

1. BA SUCKS
3. bunting is easy, so easy a former college baseball player could do it years after college in the major leagues.
5. getting on base 3 times in a day is worse than going 0 for 6 or 0 for 5 with some pop ups and GIDP if you don't make the one play you're told to in extra innings.

miss anything?

Oh man, this is brilliant.

I'm done for the night.

Lip Man 1
04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Tony 1972:

Daver could probably tell you a lot about why the Sox are poor at fundamentals. If memory serves it starts in the minor league system. He's followed and watched it closely and I believe he posted that the attitude is "if you hit you're moved up."

And apparently that's it...not if you can field, execute fundamentals, run the bases and so forth.

If I'm wrong on this Daver will be around to correct things.

Lip

sox1970
04-28-2008, 08:05 PM

1. BA SUCKS

miss anything?

His name isn't Lexi? :shrug:

Baines83
04-28-2008, 08:05 PM

Really? I'm a big boy and can take it. I go back to the days of Gary Peters, Horlen, Agee, Ward etc. and so on. Thank God I lived long enough to see the glory of 2005. Now where's my asbestos suit?

kittle42
04-28-2008, 08:06 PM

Jesus Christ.

Seriously, doesn't this place piss you off sometimes? :D:

sox1970
Game will be finished August 25, 6:05 in Baltimore.

Weird.

Dan Mega
Well, if you want to balance that off, you can go to the post-game thread from Saturday night when BA drove on the game-winning run. You didn't seem too upset about that, even though there clearly was plenty of other credit to go around in that situation. It works both ways...

I didn't get to participant in that one. BA's hit was nice but there were many other things that came into play to get them the win. I saw a decent start by Buerhle, good defense, and some timely hitting by Swish.

Noneck
04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
As I thought the game will be finished in Baltimore not here. Aug 25, before regularly scheduled game.

Baines83
04-28-2008, 08:08 PM
I have to agree here. Not even Baltimore takes that deal. :D:
OK, let's throw in Anderson. They have to take that deal!

I_Liked_Manuel

1. BA SUCKS

miss anything?

i don't get what's so difficult to understand here - he had to lay down a bunt or at least get the ball out of play. there's no "it was raining," "BA can't bunt," "it was a stupid call," etc. the fact is that he had to get it down, and he didn't. as far as i'm concerned, his bus ticket to charlotte should be punched right now....that was pathetic.

Jjav829
I didn't get to participant in that one. BA's hit was nice but there were many other things that came into play to get them the win. I saw a decent start by Buerhle, good defense, and some timely hitting by Swish.

Well, it was mainly a reaction to Brian's hit. So feel free to go to that thread and bitch at all the people celebrating Brian's hit about how there was much more to the Sox winning that game than just BA's final hit. It's just down the page. It's even titled FOBA FOBA FOBA.

doublem23
Seriously, doesn't this place piss you off sometimes? :D:

No, unfortunately, the whackjobs around these parts are still way more enjoyable than the whackjobs I argue with at work every day.

At least we're talking White Sox. :cool:

kittle42
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
.the anger is like as if Ozzie and the Sox players just went out and robbed a 7-11 or something...

They wouldn't be on the team anymore because Jerry Angelo would have drafted them this past weekend.

tony1972
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
No, unfortunately, the whackjobs around these parts are still way more enjoyable than the whackjobs I argue with at work every day.

At least we're talking White Sox. :cool:

Actually...it's interesting and entertaining (and therapy for after a loss)...

TDog
04-28-2008, 08:10 PM

Lip

I didn't see the game. If there had been a pitchout -- and the reason you squeeze on 2-1 is to minimize the chances of a pitchout -- it would have indicated there was some sign stealing gong on. But stealing signs from the third-base coach is a time-honored tradition among good baseball teams. Frankly, I'm impressed that no one on the Sox missed the sign. Usually when a suicide squeeze goes bad it is because of a pitchout or the hitter missing the sign. If Anderson or Quentin gave away the play early, the battery would have had their act together. Some pitchers in that situation would throw at the batter, which could have ended the game with a wild pitch.

For people who are still raving about that Frank Thomas two-home run game that ended with a bunt, I hope they learned the difference between a two-out bunt single and a squeeze.

I have no problem with the play call. Anderson didn't execute, or even foul the pitch off, but I'm impressed that Guillen, who is accused of not liking Anderson, had enough faith in Anderson to make the call. It's unfortunate he missed the bunt. He had been playing well the last couple of days. It even appeared the Orioles were pitching around him.

I had to run to the post office and did so during the delay in the 11th. Actually, I understood a man on the radio sports update to say a home run was hit in the 11 with no one in the stands after a long delay and the game was suspended, which could only mean the Sox were losing. I was surprised when I got home to see the score was still tied.

As to why the game is suspended, I have no idea. If the Orioles had scored in the 11th, which I was happy to see they didn't, it would have to be suspended, I understand. But in my experience, official games that are called because of weather with the score tied go in the book as tie games. I've only attended one -- a tie game that was snowed out in the 11th inning in Old Comiskey in 1974. As a tie game, the records would go into the books, but it would be made up with a new game, unless the league felt it wasn't important to be made up.

MLB must have changed its rules. Once again, it did so without consulting me.

DSpivack
04-28-2008, 08:10 PM
As I thought the game will be finished in Baltimore not here. Aug 24, before regularly scheduled game.

Weird.

So, which is it? :tongue:

Either way, I'm seeing more than one game, woo hoo!

sox1970
04-28-2008, 08:11 PM
So, which is it? :tongue:

Either way, I'm seeing more than one game, woo hoo!

August 25, 6:05

Baines83
04-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Ehhh, whatever...

Same old, same old versus Baltimore...Jenks with the chokejob, Javy with a gem, Alexei looking like he belongs in South Bend, Uribe with his bi-monthly moon shot, AJ with an 0-6 performance, Thome's bat-speed hovering around non-existent, Sox piss poor bunting, Ozzie not realizing the team is piss-poor at bunting, Swisher acting like a clown...and guess what, the Sox can still win the game! Thank the heavens for Carlos Quentin! What a friggin steal this guy was...go out and buy his jersey today, as he'll be a fixture in the OF for the next 6 years.

I'm quite happy with team at this point, the pitching looks solid, the out-field of the future looks solid, although I worry about BA's confidence at this point, hopefully he can prove us wrong. As for the above post, bunting is certainly not easy for every hitter, especially in a pressure packed situation, he got on base three times today...lay off the smack for a while...

See y'all tommorow!
Great post! Except we don't have a Sox minor league team in South Bend anymore. Maybe he could play wide receiver for the Irish.

DSpivack
Great post! Except we don't have a Sox minor league team in South Bend anymore. Maybe he could play wide receiver for the Irish.

Jerry Owens was a WR for UCLA.

tony1972
The thing is..when Quentin was on third and there was one out...and I just look on Gameday and see Brian Anderson and Uribe up to bat..and I know...'we're going another inning'....

I think that's why everyone is frustrated...how many didn't know..no matter what Ozzie asked...he WASN'T going to bring that run in...I was more upset we didn't have a pinch hitter than Ozzie asked him to bunt...

Jerko
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
So, I sat there for 7 hours today for the game to finish in Baltimore????? Well, let's take it.

It's Dankerific
I wonder how many more lashes BA would have recieved had the sox actually LOST the game. its still tied. and you never know, he could still make a play that helps them win it.

spiffie
Suicide squeeze should not be a high risk play.
Seems to me the word "suicide" in the title of the play would imply a high degree of risk :redneck

Noneck
04-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Weird.

Makes total sense. Not going to open the park, TV , concessions, parking , umpires, etc for possibly 1 inning.

kittle42

1. BA SUCKS

miss anything?

Yes. Lots of people on WSI get hot in their pants for THE 25TH MAN ON THE ROSTER. I really need to check out some other teams' fan boards. I wonder if there's a huge Yankee fan contingent hellbent on Shelley Duncan being the key to their team...if only that damn Girardi would play him!!!

Jjav829
I wonder how many more lashes BA would have recieved had the sox actually LOST the game. its still tied. and you never know, he could still make a play that helps them win it.

Who knows man. The world is just totally out to get BA. I wouldn't trust anyone. It's a scary world with people just waiting for BA to do something wrong so that they can lash him.

sox1970
04-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Makes total sense. Not going to open the park, TV , concessions, parking , umpires, etc for possibly 1 inning.

It does make sense, but I've never seen a game start on one field and finish on another.

Down with the unbalanced schedule.