PDA

View Full Version : Was This Wright's Best Start?

duke of dorwood
04-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Think so-against these guys

voodoochile
04-30-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Think so-against these guys

He had one or two like this last year, where he didn't even give up 3 runs, IIRC...

Still, he looked real good. If Carlos gets a better jump on that double by Guillen in the second, the game is never in doubt...

kermittheefrog
04-30-2002, 09:58 PM
I think his best start was the one against the Tigers.

cheeses_h_rice
04-30-2002, 10:05 PM
He looked pretty bad in the 2nd or 3rd. I think one of his previous 2 starts was a cleaner performance, but still, wasn't Seattle the best team in the majors coming into this game? Pretty nice, all around.

I'm just thankful those 5 men LOB in the 3rd/4th for the Sox didn't kill them.

BuehrleACE56
04-30-2002, 10:16 PM
This is definately the best I have seen Wright pitch. He did pitch well on several occasions last year, but tonight he had it all. Speed, power, control, 7 IP only one tough inning where they scored their three runs. Other than that he scattered the other five hits over six innings. This is a powerful lineup (Seattle) and Danny handled them well. I think Nardi's advice, "You are never going to be a finesse pitcher," was great for Danny and his last two outings he has really gone after guys. Good job kiddo.

rmusacch
04-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I think his best start was the one against the Tigers.

Didn't he have a pretty decent start against the M's in the third game of the season?

GASHWOUND
04-30-2002, 10:36 PM
I can't really remember all any of his starts last year so wouldn't know if this was his best start, although ido remeber that game against tampa last year where he had a no-hitter going for a while, even though he walked the world. But he's pitched well against the M's in his first start of the year, I think it was like 6 innings though giving up 3 earned in that game earlier in the year.

baggio202
04-30-2002, 11:14 PM
considering the circumstances...playing the best team in the AL...coming off three games in oakland where he saw every pitcher get lit up...and after giving 3 runs in the second (thanks carlos) and watching him bear down and throw 5 shut out innings after ...id if it wasnt his best outing it sure was his most important..i think danny wright grew up a little tonight

duke of dorwood
05-01-2002, 07:44 AM
A Stopper of the future.