Sockinchisox
04-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Discuss

Madvora
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Jose, Jose, Jose... Joseeeee..... Jooooseeeee

October26
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Another nice outing by Contreras. Way to go, Jose!

thomas35forever
04-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Just as Hawk said, hopefully Jose's going back to his late-'05 early-'06 mode. If he is, well you know what happens.

NDSox12
04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Great outing for Jose. Hopefully Konerko is starting to get in a groove too. Good win. Now let's take the series tomorrow.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Missed most of the game with an extended nap. Looks like Paulie's waking up, Jose is looking real good and Dotel had a 1-2-3 inning. Cleveland & Twinks both lost. Life is good.

I'm just hearing BA made a great play as well.

:bandance:

Navarro's Talent
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Jose doesn't have the velocity he once had, but he's throwing strikes. He walked some today, but he was very solid overall. I'm loving it.

I hope Paulie's getting hot now.

soxlady8
looked pretty good this afternoon.
I was starting to lose some cofidence in his abilities as of late.
Maybe he is afraid of being sent down to AAA too (like Mac)?

It's Dankerific
The more times we win with BA in CF, the more you all will have to respect the stat.

Jerome
04-27-2008, 04:12 PM
lol love the BA stat tracker^^

hopefully this means no more Alexi in the outfield

October26
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
The Sox played good, fundamental baseball today (hitting, pitching and defense). I almost fell out of my chair when Dotel pitched a 1-2-3 inning in the 9th. Nice win.:D:

turners56
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
I was listening to Hit and Run this morning and the idiotic Jessie Rogers was talking about how the Konerko wasn't hitting (along with a bunch of idiots calling into the post game show last night). They should do that more often, I think Konerko was listening, because he was great up there today.

Contreras turns in another pretty good start, the defense actually helps him out this time. Bullpen looked great too, especially Thornton.

Lastly, just when you thought this team can't run, we get a good amount of stolen bases. This was a very well played game, let's hope this continues tomorrow. Everybody in the Central except Detroit lost today, so the Sox gain some ground.

turners56
04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
The more times we win with BA in CF, the more you all will have to respect the stat.

Brian wasn't very good at the plate though...

He did make a nice catch, gotta give him that.

LoveYourSuit
04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I was listening to Hit and Run this morning and the idiotic Jessie Rogers was talking about how the Konerko wasn't hitting (along with a bunch of idiots calling into the post game show last night).

I don't see where Jessie or the fans were wrong. Prior to today's game Paulie was miserable at the plate.

This might be the turning point, I hope. But one game does not mean much if he continues to slump for the next 3.

I_Liked_Manuel
04-27-2008, 04:19 PM

i'll respect the stat that has our record when brian anderson starts in center, but if he gets in the game late, that means we already had the game won.

turners56
I don't see where Jessie or the fans were wrong. Prior to today's game Paulie was miserable at the plate.

This might be the turning point, I hope. But one game does not mean much if he continues to slump for the next 3.

Regardless, Konerko was getting on base. I think he had two walks last night and scored twice (I didn't watch the game, basing this off my glance at the box score). The callers were saying Kenny should trade Konerko for prospects.

FourStarsTwoBars
:bandance::bandance:
Two straight! It was a rough week

oeo
04-27-2008, 04:20 PM
I was listening to Hit and Run this morning and the idiotic Jessie Rogers was talking about how the Konerko wasn't hitting (along with a bunch of idiots calling into the post game show last night). They should do that more often, I think Konerko was listening, because he was great up there today.

Paulie has been pretty ****ty all year, with the exception of today and maybe another couple of games. Hopefully this is a sign that he's finally starting to turn it around.

It's Dankerific
04-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Brian wasn't very good at the plate though...

He did make a nice catch, gotta give him that.

He had one really ****ty at bat, the first pitch popup with a man on 3rd, 2 outs, when it was 6-1

his first AB was a good approach
his 2nd AB was a flyball (correct for the situation) just not near deep enough with PK on 3rd and a decent RF arm
he got a infield hit credited for his 3rd at bat that broke open the game. the thing is, he made contact. in past years, we couldnt count on that from him (or whoever was replacing him).

so not stellar, but cant discount the defensive play and how that affects a pitchers confidence, not giving up extra baserunners and how it may affect the positioning of the other OFers

turners56
04-27-2008, 04:22 PM
He had one really ****ty at bat, the first pitch popup with a man on 3rd, 2 outs, when it was 6-1

his 2nd AB was a flyball (correct for the situation) just not near deep enough with PK on 3rd and a decent RF arm
he got a infield hit credited for his 3rd at bat that broke open the game. the thing is, he made contact. in past years, we couldnt count on that from him (or whoever was replacing him).

so not stellar, but cant discount the defensive play and how that affects a pitchers confidence, not giving up extra baserunners and how it may affect the positioning of the other OFers

That ball was a infield hit? I thought it was an error and a fielder's choice...whatever.

LoveYourSuit
Regardless, Konerko was getting on base. I think he had two walks last night and scored twice (I didn't watch the game, basing this off my glance at the box score). The callers were saying Kenny should trade Konerko for prospects.

Now trading Konerko for prospects while we are still in the hunt is a pretty dumb comment.

I bet it's the Josh Fields bandwagon just trying to find a way to force him onto the roster somehow.

It's Dankerific
i'll respect the stat that has our record when brian anderson starts in center, but if he gets in the game late, that means we already had the game won.

I disagree. We've lost at least one game because he wasnt in as a defensive replacement and Dye loafed on a ball for bobby. While that stat isn't as purely informational because of the rare blowout, you can't discount his affect in a close but leading situation.

Madvora
04-27-2008, 04:23 PM
lol love the BA stat tracker^^

hopefully this means no more Alexi in the outfield
See, I don't get this. Alexei has never done anything to hurt the team in the outfield has he? We all know that Anderson is great out there, but that doesn't mean that Alexei is like Mackowiak or Ozuna out there.

Soxman219
04-27-2008, 04:24 PM
This game was the best fundamental game of the year. They hit the ball well, Jose had a nice outing, and what a play by OC to end the game. Let's win the series tomorow!

turners56
04-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Now trading Konerko for prospects while we are still in the hunt is a pretty dumb comment.

I bet it's the Josh Fields bandwagon just trying to find a way to force him onto the roster somehow.

I think somebody asked the Ranger about Fields playing 2B last night, AGAIN. Seriously, he should just tell them NO and hang up on them.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-27-2008, 04:26 PM

I'm beginning to think 90% of radio callers are generally loonies who start drinking too early. Rongey's first caller (after a nice win) went into a tiraid on how they suck. Rongey's gonna go postal one day. He did tell one caller last week to shut up and go away.

turners56
04-27-2008, 04:27 PM
I forgot to mention about THE Carlos Quentin. He had another great game (and has been hit 3 times this series, two of which accounted for RBIs), he's hitting so well right now (average now at .288). Plus, Contreras' ERA is now under 4! It's been almost 2 years since we've seen this, I think Jose deserves a pat on the back.

I_Liked_Manuel
04-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I disagree. We've lost at least one game because he wasnt in as a defensive replacement and Dye loafed on a ball for bobby. While that stat isn't as purely informational because of the rare blowout, you can't discount his affect in a close but leading situation.

that's great in theory, but 75% of the time that anderson comes into the game as a sub, it's because the game's out of reach.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-27-2008, 04:29 PM

Very true. Previously he was striking out on 4 pitches. And I remember a lot of pitchers imploding after Mack (or other fielder, to be fair) botched a play.

SoxGirl4Life
04-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm beginning to think 90% of radio callers are generally loonies who start drinking too early. Rongey's first caller (after a nice win) went into a tiraid on how they suck. Rongey's gonna go postal one day. He did tell one caller last week to shut up and go away.

I cringe at some of those calls. The guy today was a total lunatic.

It's Dankerific
that's great in theory, but 75% of the time that anderson comes into the game as a sub, it's because the game's out of reach.

Really? Thats not true. How many times as he came in as a pinch runner. not too often you pinch run when the game is out of reach.. there also havent been many Sox blowouts

BRDSR
I forgot to mention about THE Carlos Quentin. He had another great game (and has been hit 3 times this series, two of which accounted for RBIs), he's hitting so well right now (average now at .288). Plus, Contreras' ERA is now under 4! It's been almost 2 years since we've seen this, I think Jose deserves a pat on the back.

Haha, surprisingly, that is literally true. He gave up a homerun to Grady Sizemore in the first at bat of the 2007 campaign, and although his ERA did decline from infinity, it never got under 4.

Tragg
04-27-2008, 04:34 PM
At his worst, he's still better than the alternative.
And he looks improved a the plate to me.

October26
04-27-2008, 04:34 PM
I cringe at some of those calls. The guy today was a total lunatic.

Yep. The Score needs to do a better job screening those calls. Too many lunatics calling in, that's for sure. I listen to the post-game show so I can hear the Sox highlights (when the win, of course) - and to hear Ozzie on the post-game show.:bandance:

chisox77
04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Yep. The Score needs to do a better job screening those calls. Too many lunatics calling in, that's for sure. I listen to the post-game show so I can hear the Sox highlights (when the win, of course). :bandance:

Maybe there's not a whole lot to pick from.

ElevenUp
04-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Great game all-around against a team that's been playing well. Didn't like to see Wasserman walk the only guy he faced, but Thornton was lights out.

It's Dankerific
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
At his worst, he's still better than the alternative.
And he looks improved a the plate to me.

Very true. I wonder what his (winning %) split was in 2006 when he was the "black hole" in CF

October26
04-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Maybe there's not a whole lot to pick from.

Perhaps you are correct. I just wonder after a nice win like today, why any fan would call and complain about this team isn't doing this or that. It was a well-played game today and I'd like to hear people give credit where credit is due, that's all.

turners56
04-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Great game all-around against a team that's been playing well. Didn't like to see Wasserman walk the only guy he faced, but Thornton was lights out.

Wasserman threw 3 strikes in that at bat, Rick Reed missed two of them.

RTI_SoxFan
04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Very impressive win! Wasserman was fine, he didnt miss by much. Thornton was fantastic. Jose looks great! Swish was hitting the ball hard all day. Life is good today!!!

:bandance:

cheezheadsoxfan
04-27-2008, 04:42 PM
We should have a mass WSI call-in. :cool:

Tragg
04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Nice pitching by Thornton; he's been quiet this year. We need Matt.

SoxGirl4Life
04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
We should have a mass WSI call-in. :cool:

Something! I mean, if this is the representation of Sox fans, god help us!

ChiTownTrojan
04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Really? Thats not true. How many times as he came in as a pinch runner. not too often you pinch run when the game is out of reach.. there also havent been many Sox blowouts
The point is that if Anderson is coming in as a defensive replacement late in the game, it's because the Sox are already winning. When they're already winning in the 7th or 8th when BA comes in, they're a lot more likely to win than lose regardless of what Anderson does. Maybe you can say something about their winning record when he starts in CF, but it's a pretty small sample size.

By the way I like BA a lot too, I just don't think you can say he should be in the lineup every day just because they've got a winning record when he's in there.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Something! I mean, if this is the representation of Sox fans, god help us!

Although Homefish wouldj probably be the first caller thru.:redneck

SoxandtheCityTee
04-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Good game plus the AFLAC Trivia question was about Manos.:redneck

Can't beat that. Let's have a good week.

It's Dankerific
04-27-2008, 04:54 PM
By the way I like BA a lot too, I just don't think you can say he should be in the lineup every day just because they've got a winning record when he's in there.

I'm campaigning for him to be the 4th OF. The spot starter. Whenever Swish, Dye, TCQ, Konerko need a break. Thats alot of games. I also want him in as a defensive replacement when we're up in the 7th inning on.

With the way TCQ plays, you can't take his spot away (or dye or swisher).

BRDSR
04-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Good game plus the AFLAC Trivia question was about Manos.:redneck

Can't beat that. Let's have a good week.

Haha, what was the question? I must be getting older, because it wasn't too long ago that the AFLAC Trivia questions NEVER related to a player I'd ever seen with my own two eyes.

SoxandtheCityTee
04-27-2008, 05:25 PM
It was, who was the last White Sox player to hit for the cycle?

I know how you feel, I actually knew this one.

Foulke You
04-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Wasserman threw 3 strikes in that at bat, Rick Reed missed two of them.
100% agree. Wasserman looked fine out there, the ump just didn't call two of the strikes he threw. He painted them right on the outside part of the plate.

TornLabrum
04-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Just got back from the game and fortunately Contreras and Dotel made the first part of this week's column obsolete before it even was published. I love it when that happens.

A good game all around, and Paulie might just be breaking out of his slump.

Foulke You
04-27-2008, 05:42 PM
A good game all around, and Paulie might just be breaking out of his slump.
I'm hoping this is a breakout game for Paulie. He can really carry the offense when he gets hot. It really is just a matter of time before he gets going though. He is a career .275 hitter and good for 30-40HRs a year. I was really encouraged by his game against NY on Thursday but he seemed to regress into "Bad Paulie" in both games on Saturday. One thing I do know is that this offense is going to score some major runs when Konerko and Thome both get locked in.

BRDSR
04-27-2008, 06:01 PM
It was, who was the last White Sox player to hit for the cycle?

I know how you feel, I actually knew this one.

Ah, yes...if memory serves, Valentin was a single short of the cycle earlier that season (what season was it...'02? '03?) I was at the game where he barely missed the cycle. I had never (and still have never) seen anyone hit for the cycle and was unnerved by the fact that he missed it by a single (he had a chance in th 9th). Just a single, Jose! Only a true baseball discontent would feel upset about a player on the home team who hit a double, triple, and home run in the same game. :redface:

Blueprint1
04-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I am happy after getting a little crazy yesterday. :moonwalk:

TDog
04-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Ah, yes...if memory serves, Valentin was a single short of the cycle earlier that season (what season was it...'02? '03?) I was at the game where he barely missed the cycle. I had never (and still have never) seen anyone hit for the cycle and was unnerved by the fact that he missed it by a single (he had a chance in th 9th). Just a single, Jose! Only a true baseball discontent would feel upset about a player on the home team who hit a double, triple, and home run in the same game. :redface:

The year was 2000. Valentin had already hit for the cycle once -- on April 27 in a 13-4 win against Baltimore. The game you attended was probably the May 27, 2000 game against the Indians. It was a Saturday night, won by the Sox 14-3. Valentin homered in the first, tripled in the second, doubled in the third, walked (and scored) in the fifth and grounded out in the seventh. He scored four and drove in six while getting three extra base hits and a walk in five plate appearances. But it wasn't the same as hitting for the cycle.

Last night a Giants player who had hit for the cycle last year came up in the ninth a double short of the cycle. I only saw the bottom of the ninth, and he seemed to be upset when he took the walk, but his team was trying to rally, and he wasn't selfish. The Giants only scored four in the ninth and ended up losing 10-9 to the Reds in a battle of National League titans, so he lost the game and his second cycle.

Hitting for the cycle is a a fun statistic. It might not be your best day. Willie Stargell once had five extra-base hits in a game, but he couldn't get that single. It's interesting that two of the White Sox players who did it were catchers, something you wouldn't expect with a triple being involved. But Paul Konerko apparently has hit more inside-the-park home runs in his career than Hank Aaron did in his.

Great win today.

soxfan21
04-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Nice win today, very nice to have a winning streak back. The only thing that kinda bugged me about today's game was the amount of runners that were left in scoring position. This is just something that we have to improve on as the season goes on. Other than this the defense was pretty good Jose did his job, and the bullpen was good. Let's go out tomorrow and take 3 out of 4 from the O's :D:.

Hendu
04-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Had a lot of fun at the ole ball park today, and bought a Swisher t-shirt. :bandance:

Jose pitched a decent game, despite the early walks.

Railsplitter
04-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Go for the seireis win tomorrow.
:bandance::bandance:

soxtalker
04-27-2008, 06:55 PM
I was listening to the game on the radio. Stone and Farmer were raving about AR's bunt. How did he look playing second?

chisoxfanatic
04-27-2008, 06:57 PM
I was listening to the game on the radio. Stone and Farmer were raving about AR's bunt. How did he look playing second?

He looked fairly good out there at 2B; but, of course fielding is a little easier when your pitching's superb, which Contreras provided today.

oeo
04-27-2008, 06:57 PM

He looked perfectly fine at second. Can't say he had anything to make a good play on, though...it was all routine. As for his bunt, I guess the White Sox coaching staff hasn't talked to him about bunting if he can actually lay one down.

All that said, I think he looks better without the consistent ABs. He didn't look good with the stick today, at all. And as Hawk said before his first AB: Guthrie throws all hard stuff, so he should have been alright.

He can flat out fly, though. He's easily the fastest guy on the roster.

Zisk77
04-27-2008, 07:04 PM
That ball was a infield hit? I thought it was an error and a fielder's choice...whatever.

The official scorer change it to a hit, an RBI, and a throwing error for both Fahey and Hernandez.:scratch:

It was a nice sac bunt by Alexie.:cool:

CQ hit again with the bases drunk.:o:

Swisher hit the stuffing out of the ball and had just a 1-5 to show for it.:mad:

Thornton lookd dominant. Sox win!:gulp:

oeo
04-27-2008, 07:04 PM
BTW, it's nice to see Konerko, and Thome, doing that little jump celebration thing with Swisher. I never thought I'd see either one of those guys do something like that. Even Hermie did it last night. :lol:

Hopefully Swisher can keep Paulie loose, and get him to stop thinking so much. He mentioned that he helped Big Frank do the same thing in Oakland.

Metalthrasher442
04-27-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm buying TCQ jersey =]

SoxandtheCityTee
04-27-2008, 07:20 PM
The official scorer change it to a hit, an RBI, and a throwing error for both Fahey and Hernandez.:scratch:

Yeah, it ended up scored as a single and RBI for BA, error allowing TCG to score and error allowing BA to get to second. I guess.

Vernam
04-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, it ended up scored as a single and RBI for BA, error allowing TCG to score and error allowing BA to get to second. I guess.That's what Hawk/DJ said the second ruling was, and it was better than the first because Anderson clearly deserved an RBI on the play -- no way to assume the SS should make that throw to home cleanly while moving so hard to his right. But also no way there should have been an error on the catcher, because Anderson's getting to second had nothing to do with the catcher's throw.

It really shouldn't have been a hit, because the SS could have thrown Anderson out at first. Should've been a fielder's choice and error on the throw to home (which allowed Quentin to score), with BA still getting one RBI. I don't see why that was such a tough play to score.

Nice to see Jose keep gutting out another quality start. He doesn't have the speed or command he had in '05 and '06, but his forkball is still pretty nasty. If you consider him our fifth starter at this point -- and I will, after a couple more weeks of Danks and Floyd pitching like this -- then he's gotta be one of the best back-of-the-rotation guys in the league. Which is way more than most of us would've expected in the middle of '07.

Vernam

JohnTucker0814
04-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Here's what I took from the game...

I love BA in CF for his defense... but who is positioning our OFers? The last two games our CF has been playing too far into the gaps... yesterday Alexie couldn't catch what should have bee routine because he was too far into Right Center and today BA had to haul ass to get a ball that should have been routine!

Quentin is becoming my favorite player on the team! I love his reactions and emotions on the field... don't know if I'd like him if he wasn't on the Sox though!

Alexie is raw!

It was great to see some emotion out of Thornton! When he struck out the guy in the 7th with 2 guys on and he hit his fist into his glove... I want to see that out of our relievers...

Good game!

ChiSoxGirl
04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
One of my teacher friends at school (who's also a parent there) was given eight Club Level tickets, eight Stadium Club passes, and two red parking passes for today's game from another parent who couldn't use them, so I was the lucky recipient of a call from her at 12:20, asking if I wanted to go to the game. How could I pass that up?! She managed to round up seven people in a matter of 15 minutes, we left for the game as soon as possible and got up to Sec. 344 just as Paulie launched his first homerun in the second. As spontaneous and last minute as it was, that's what made today so much more awesome for me- I had an absolute blast, and a Sox win made the day perfect! :bandance:

Lip Man 1
04-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Nice, methodical, complete win this afternoon.

They try to go five games over for the first time tomorrow afternoon against a guy who can be an extremely tough cookie.

Would be nice to hit the road with some momentum.

And I LOVED the three stolen bases today. Ozzie was quoted he is going to start pushing guys to run! EXCELLENT. It's about time.

Lip

soxtalker
04-27-2008, 09:07 PM
It really shouldn't have been a hit, because the SS could have thrown Anderson out at first. Should've been a fielder's choice and error on the throw to home (which allowed Quentin to score), with BA still getting one RBI. I don't see why that was such a tough play to score.

Vernam

As I said earlier, I listened to the game on the radio. So, I was questioning whether it should have been a hit. Then I saw the replay on TV after the game. I think it would have been pretty hard for the SS to have thrown out Anderson at first; it would probably have been considered a spectacular play. Now, the infield was drawn in, looking for a play at the plate, so I'm not sure if it would have been a hit if they were playing normal depth.

Vernam
04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
As I said earlier, I listened to the game on the radio. So, I was questioning whether it should have been a hit. Then I saw the replay on TV after the game. I think it would have been pretty hard for the SS to have thrown out Anderson at first; it would probably have been considered a spectacular play. Now, the infield was drawn in, looking for a play at the plate, so I'm not sure if it would have been a hit if they were playing normal depth.I completely admit the following is splitting hairs, and the official ruling isn't important in the big scheme of things. If the infield hadn't been in, it probably would have taken a tough throw from deep short to get Brian. But because they were in, I think it actually would've been a pretty simple throw to first -- the SS would've had plenty of time to get his footing, which he couldn't do on the rushed throw home. :shrug:

Anyway, nice to see BA come through again in a key spot. I didn't get to post yesterday after getting home late from the game(s), but I loved how the team mobbed him after the walk-off single. One of the season's big highlights so far.

Vernam

voodoochile
04-27-2008, 10:18 PM

They try to go five games over for the first time tomorrow afternoon against a guy who can be an extremely tough cookie.

And I LOVED the three stolen bases today. Ozzie was quoted he is going to start pushing guys to run! EXCELLENT. It's about time.

Lip

Yep kept pushing and made things happen. Nice to see the pitching rebound especially Thornton and Dotel. We need those two to perform this season, it's simply that simple.

High water mark in games over and lead over 2nd. Everyone else in the "mighty" ALC lost, so the win is extra sweet. Hot as Cleveland has been, they really haven't made up much ground and now they are in second. I know... I know... way to early to be scoreboard watching, but I can't help myself and what the heck, 2.5 games is 2.5 games.

:winner

:supernana:

Oldfellah
04-27-2008, 10:28 PM
GO GO Paulie!!:bandance::bandance:

France
04-27-2008, 10:29 PM
It was a fun game to watch today unlike the yankee games, I got my butt chew from those.

DumpJerry
04-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Lastly, just when you thought this team can't run, we get a good amount of stolen bases. This was a very well played game, let's hope this continues tomorrow. Everybody in the Central except Detroit lost today, so the Sox gain some ground.
Detroit played tonight. I use the word "played" lightly to describe that train wreck of a team.

goon
04-27-2008, 11:07 PM

Lip

Can be, yet the White Sox seem to hit well off pitchers like Cabrera. With the lineup walking as much as they have been and Cabrera being a pitcher who struggles with control, I like the Sox chances.

kaufsox
04-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Was a good game all around, and really want the W tomorrow. Perhaps a little hooky tomorrow?:D:

TomBradley72
04-27-2008, 11:19 PM
I really like having Wassermann back. If he can start nailing down the 7th for us, combined with Linebrink for the 8th and Jenks for the 9th...I like our chances. Thornton looked great.

We're still leaving a lot of guys on base...but today's base running was some of the best I've seen from the White Sox in a long time. Quentin is emerging as a leader.