PDA

View Full Version : MacDougal sent down

sox1970
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Optioned to AAA. Rejoice.

rdwj
04-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Let's hope he finds his magic again down there.

thomas35forever
Source??

Jjav829
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

Let's hope he finds his magic again down there.

And if not, let's hope he forgets how to get back to Chicago.

SoxGirl4Life
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Source??
Rongy!

He thinks maybe Wasserman being called up

voodoochile
04-26-2008, 11:06 PM
They are going to need someone to start a game between now and Thursday unless Danks or BurlyMon goes on short rest Wednesday.

Navarro's Talent
04-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Bring up Wasserman! :bandance:

SoxGirl4Life
04-26-2008, 11:07 PM
They are going to need someone to start a game between now and Thursday unless Danks or BurlyMon goes on short rest Wednesday.

Did Masset get in at all today?

thomas35forever
04-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Rongy!

Someone had to go. MacDougal was probably my least favorite reliever with Logan a close second. Don't let him come back up for awhile.

Navarro's Talent
04-26-2008, 11:08 PM

I would assume Masset, but I guess I can see them bringing up Broadway for a start before bringing Wasserman up.

sox1970
04-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Did Masset get in at all today?

No.

They'll probably play out the next couple games to see if Masset is needed in relief. If he is used, then Broadway would be on schedule to pitch in Minnesota on Tuesday.

Wassermann has to be coming up tomorrow.

Lip Man 1
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
It's about time. If you look at these guys ERA's the only folks who appear to be doing the job right now are Jenks and Linebrink.

Logan, Thornton and Dotel's ERA's are extremely high. For Logan and Thornton at least that's nothing new I guess.

I had high hopes for this bullpen going into the season even with Logan and MacDougal on it but I've got to tell you they have been very, very shaky since Jenks blew that game in Baltimore.

Lip

oeo
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I would assume Masset, but I guess I can see them bringing up Broadway for a start before bringing Wasserman up.

I'd hope not. There's no reason Masset can't start that game. Unless it's later in the week and he had to pitch in long relief...but if that was the case then the move would be made later in the week.

We need some bullpen help. It better be Wassermann.

sox1970
04-26-2008, 11:25 PM
He's not coming up, but Adam Russell is also pitching well in relief at Charlotte.

9 IP, 2.00 ERA
7 hits, 4 BB, 10 K's

You know he's in the bullpen plans eventually.

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Doltell's lucky he has that fat contract, or that could've been him going down instead! I can't stand Octavio Doltell.

Ziggy S
04-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Cue Dance to the Music by Sly and the Family Stone and Celebration by Kool and the Gang

oeo
04-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Doltell's lucky he has that fat contract, or that could've been him going down instead! I can't stand Octavio Doltell.

I bet Octavio Dotel is happy it's not him.

:wink:

Lip Man 1
04-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Sox 1970:

Have you heard who is coming up (since by your comment you seem to imply it's not Wassermann...)

Lip

Craig Grebeck
04-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Lip,

Get off Logan's back. He had one bad outing tonight. He's been absolutely stellar. Find a new dead horse.

anewman35
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Sox 1970:

Have you heard who is coming up (since by your comment you seem to imply it's not Wassermann...)

Lip

He meant that Russell wasn't coming up.

sox1970
04-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Sox 1970:

Lip

It has to be Wassermann.

Just saying Russell will be a good option if Dotel went on the DL.

JGarlandrules20
04-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I hope it's Wassermann! He hasn't even given up a hit in 7.2 IP at Charlotte.

This is a good move to get him back up here. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I hope it's Wassermann! He hasn't even given up a hit in 7.2 IP at Charlotte.

This is a good move to get him back up here. :smile:

Yep. But, what's sad is that he shoulda been here in the first place!

Lip Man 1
04-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Sure Craig....anything you say.

In a way you're correct. His ERA right now is about 4.8.

His career ERA is 5.7 for 100 games.

:smile:

That is improvement!

And regarding your comment about one bad outing this season, I guess you're forgetting that Thursday game in Baltimore....make that two bad games....shall we try for three?

LOL

Lip

Craig Grebeck
04-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Sure Craig....anything you say.

In a way you're correct. His ERA right now is about 4.8.

His career ERA is 5.7 for 100 games.

:smile:

That is improvement!

Lip

Look at his gamelogs. He's been fantastic.

tick53
04-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Rongy!

Just heard Ranger say it too. I'm thinking Wasserman also.

Ziggy S
04-26-2008, 11:46 PM

He's awesome when facing lefthanders. Not so much against the righties. Logan's a good LOOGY who should be put in that role.

Tragg
04-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Darn, I was hoping for a trade. 2.08 ERA, has closed a lot of games in his career - I've seen worse (on paper) get traded for a legit prospect

DumpJerry
04-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Good thing we don't have Doltell on the White Sox. Hate to see how he would work out with us.

Brian26
04-27-2008, 12:18 AM

Coop said that Wednesday's starter will come from the trio of Danks, Buehrle or Masset.

Tragg
04-27-2008, 12:29 AM
He's also pitched 4 of the last 5 days and has been Ozzie's relief workhorse. I don't know what the limits for his stamina are, but I bet he gets a couple of days off.

LoveYourSuit
04-27-2008, 02:01 AM

:rolleyes:

Gamelogs are BS.

The guy is only good to get a LH hitter out here and there.

He cannot give you 3 outs in an inning.

Very far from being "fantastic."

Nellie_Fox
04-27-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm not a big DOTEL fan but he's shown better stuff than mac. :rolleyes:Once again, Mac's problem isn't "stuff," it's "command."

Mohoney
04-27-2008, 03:49 AM
If the guy would have thrown strikes with any regularity at all, he would have been serviceable, but it's the same thing almost every time he's brought in. A whole lot of full counts and 13 baserunners in 8.1 IP is not going to get it done. You can't even give him junk innings if he can't throw strikes.

Hopefully the coaching staff has found out what is wrong, and he can focus on correcting it in an environment where he's not costing us games. I still think that we're going to need MacDougal and Dotel to contribute something if we're going to have any chance at all of succeeding. so I'm definitely pulling for him.

NADA SURF
04-27-2008, 04:01 AM
It's about time. If you look at these guys ERA's the only folks who appear to be doing the job right now are Jenks and Linebrink.

Logan, Thornton and Dotel's ERA's are extremely high. For Logan and Thornton at least that's nothing new I guess.

I had high hopes for this bullpen going into the season even with Logan and MacDougal on it but I've got to tell you they have been very, very shaky since Jenks blew that game in Baltimore.

Lip
This is starting to look like 2007...
They can't be patient with these guys this year...
Bring up Wasserman, Russell, Broadway, whoever and send the ones that aren't cutting it to the minors.

KyWhiSoxFan
04-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm sure they're trying to move MacDougal, but it is doubtful a team will take that contract. You can always hope. ...

Wasserman should have broken camp with the team. If he can duplicate what he did last year, he will be a huge help. He'll wind up taking Dotel's place in the 7th inning. Dotel will take MacDougal's place: mop ups and blowouts, until he gets his act together.

cws05champ
04-27-2008, 09:35 AM
I think the 7th inning should become L/R matchups with Logan and Wasserman, 8 for Linebrink and 9th for BBB. Thornton has been better than his #'s, but really should be limited to one inning.

soxfan21
04-27-2008, 09:42 AM
When this happens, I hope that this really helps Mike out. I don't know if it is a confidence thing or what, but he better get his stuff back. Hopefully they will bring Wassermann up as part of this and he will bring the stuff that he had in ST. I guess we will see what happens in the next few days.

Craig Grebeck
04-27-2008, 11:04 AM
:rolleyes:
ok
Gamelogs are BS.
I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. Please enlighten me as to how else you are supposed to analyze a reliever's body of work (less than a full month into the season mind you). Tonight he was no bueno. Tonight has not been the norm.
The guy is only good to get a LH hitter out here and there.
Or all the time - like last season when he allowed a .221/.296/.291 line against lefties. But that was only here and there.
He cannot give you 3 outs in an inning.
Something he's done six times this season.
Very far from being "fantastic."
Before last night's aberration, Boone had a 3.12 ERA and an above average WHIP. It'll come back down to where it was.

Point being: everybody ****s all over Boone Logan, and no one realizes how valuable he is. The guy is 23 years old and owns lefties. He's improving against righties. Sheesh.

The Dude
04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
:):gulp::happybday:bandance::dtroll::redneck:D::)

I guess KW read my sig!

Oldfellah
04-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Here's hoping MacDougal can find himself again in the minors!:gulp:

Foulke You
04-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Sun Times confirms that MacDougal is being sent to Charlotte. Ozzie's comment was that "he needs to pitch more innings" to get his control back. Here's hoping MacDougal can find it again because he was quite good in 2006. The article said a move is expected to be made later today on who to bring up. I would hope it is Wasserman who should have made the team out of Tucson based on his 2007 performance and his performance in Cactus League games. If Dotel continues to falter in that 7th inning role, perhaps Wasserman can fill that void and bridge the game to Linebrink.

Thigpen "57"
04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Wasserman it is!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080427&content_id=2597769&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

santo=dorf
04-27-2008, 12:36 PM

Lip
MacDougal's ERA is 2.08. Why are we sending him down?:scratch:

The answer is because relief pitchers shouldn't be evaluate solely on their ERA's.

sox1970
04-27-2008, 12:37 PM
MacDougal's ERA is 2.08. Why are we sending him down?:scratch:The answer is because relief pitchers shouldn't be evaluate solely on their ERA's.

WHIP=1.731

soxinem1
04-27-2008, 01:43 PM
:):gulp::happybday:bandance::dtroll::redneck:D::)

I guess KW read my sig!

Now if they send Uribe out, we might be able to generate a few more runs from his spot in the order.:smile:

oeo
04-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Point being: everybody ****s all over Boone Logan, and no one realizes how valuable he is. The guy is 23 years old and owns lefties. He's improving against righties. Sheesh.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Cut the guy some slack. He hopped up from A ball two years ago, straight to the majors. He's only 23. Also, I'll go out on a limb and say he will be a terrific set-up man for us in the future.

soxinem1
04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Cut the guy some slack. He hopped up from A ball two years ago, straight to the majors. He's only 23. Also, I'll go out on a limb and say he will be a terrific set-up man for us in the future.

Logan has been more consistent with first and second pitch strikes. True, he's had a couple ****ty games lately, but so have Thornton and Dotel. Even Jenks has been a little 'wobbly'. I think Logan has been pretty solid.

MacDougal had the softest 2.08 ERA I have seen in some time. He has been a walk machine, had three ball counts all the time, and was not trusted in games the team was leading in.

At least Wassermann will throw good, low strikes.

turners56
04-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Logan has been more consistent with first and second pitch strikes. True, he's had a couple ****ty games lately, but so have Thornton and Dotel. Even Jenks has been a little 'wobbly'. I think Logan has been pretty solid.

MacDougal had the softest 2.08 ERA I have seen in some time. He has been a walk machine, had three ball counts all the time, and was not trusted in games the team was leading in.

At least Wassermann will throw good, low strikes.

Wasserman did throw good low strikes today, but Rick Reed went blind on two of them.

Tragg
04-27-2008, 05:36 PM
MacDougal's ERA is 2.08. Why are we sending him down?:scratch:

The answer is because relief pitchers shouldn't be evaluate solely on their ERA's.
It can be very deceptive for relievers and rarely is it probative for relievers.
Bukvich had an ERA in the 3s for most of last season...he may have been the most useless relief pitcher in Sox history.

Foulke You
04-27-2008, 06:39 PM
...he may have been the most useless relief pitcher in Sox history.
:ginter:bkoch::pulsipher
"Don't forget about us Tragg!"

(I've just been waiting to use the Matt Ginter and Pulsipher tags for something!:D:)

Soxfanspcu11
04-27-2008, 09:45 PM
It really is a shame with what has happened to MacDougal. I mean, this guy has clearly proven that he has the talent and the "stuff" to be an effective Major League Pitcher, but for whatever reason, he just can't seem to get it together.

That game last year, against the scrubs at the urinal still leaves a bad taste in My mouth. Burlz was cruising all game, and then, for whatever reason, Ozzie takes him out.:scratch: He then brings in Mike who gets slapped around all over the field, essentially blowing the game.

Who knows. Maybe he just can't handle pressure very well. I mean, he was Lights Out in Kansas City, but maybe that was only because nobody was watching and nobody expected much from the Royals.

It just seems that once he gets into any kind of jam or finds himself in a big situation or at an oppossing teams park, he just falls to pieces. It really just seems like a confidence thing.

When he finds himself in a tense situation, he loses all faith in his offspeed stuff and just tries to blow away hitters with his fastball. That just doesn't cut it in the Majors. Particuarly when you can't even get your fastball over!

StillMissOzzie
04-28-2008, 01:09 AM

I call BS; Its not even been a month into the season. He's been better than you are making it out to be. I'm not a big DOTEL fan but he's shown better stuff than mac. :rolleyes:

I bet Octavio Dotel is happy it's not him.

:wink:

Good thing we don't have Doltell on the White Sox. Hate to see how he would work out with us.

To all you typo correctors out there - I must be the only one here who thinks that chisoxfanatic "misspelled" Dotel's name on purpose, as an editorial remark. But you all just keep on with your, "Who's Doltell?" wisdom...:rolleyes:

SMO
:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
04-28-2008, 01:56 AM
Thats what I meant when I said stuff. Isn't it all about command?Nope. Stuff is about speed and/or movement on the ball. Command is being able to put it where you want it. Mac has stuff, but it commands him instead of him commanding it.

kittle42
04-28-2008, 03:18 AM
To all you typo correctors out there - I must be the only one here who thinks that chisoxfanatic "misspelled" Dotel's name on purpose, as an editorial remark. But you all just keep on with your, "Who's Doltell?" wisdom...:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing...didn't people realize that it was a rip on Dotel? I prefer Blowtel, but that's just me.

Nellie_Fox
04-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Look at the soft pitchers today that are successful. They are good because they can locate their pitches. They are successful because they can command their pitches, in other words locate. Not because they throw fast with a lot of movement. So to me "stuff" is command and or location; not speed/movement.Note that I said speed and/or movement. Put a soft-tosser out there without movement, and I don't care how well he can locate, he's going to get lit up. "Stuff" and "command" are not the same.