04-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Just earned himself a start tomorrow.

:bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2008, 10:38 PM
I like my thread title better. :tongue:

chisoxfanatic
Of everyone on this roster, BA needed that the most! Hopefully that will get him on track now.

soxfanatlanta
You gotta love it!

SoxGirl4Life
I love that little foot stomp on home plate by Ramirez!

SoxSpeed22
Nicely done, Brian. :bandance:

russ99
Nice job Brian!!

Great to see him battle after the 0-2 count and get it done! Hopefully this game does wonders for him.

gobears1987
BA had a great game.

All of the Ozzie haters should remember that Ozzie fought for BA to be with the squad. Some in the Sox organization did not want him in the majors.

Madvora
Just earned himself a start tomorrow.

:bandance:
I think Ozzie is already working on buying his plane ticket back to AAA.
No chance he starts tomorrow.

Navarro's Talent

:tongue:

kevingrt
04-26-2008, 10:39 PM
What an at bat by both BA and Crede. Great win. Lets use the momentum from tonight into tomorrow afternoon. No rain-outs tomorrow heavens, please.

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Some in the Sox organization did not want him in the majors.

Half of WSI wanted him fitted with cement shoes.

LoveYourSuit
04-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Big game to win, we did not want to lose two to a bad team like the Orioles especially with the pen blowing another one.

Soon Bobby Jenks will have more wins than saves.

gobears1987
04-26-2008, 10:40 PM
No chance he starts tomorrow.Seriously, **** already

Ozzie had to fight for BA to be on the 25 man roster so stop with your bull****.

oeo
04-26-2008, 10:41 PM
No chance he starts tomorrow.

You're full of **** and you know it. Ozzie does not hate Brian Anderson. In fact, I think I saw the biggest smile on Ozzie's face of anyone when he congratulated him.

Give it up.

JD will still be out, Brian will definitely be starting tomorrow. Would you like to put some money on it?

Madvora
Seriously, **** already

Ozzie had to fight for BA to be on the 25 man roster so stop with your bull****.
Take it easy. I guess that's why teal is necessary on this site.

SluggersAway

Source?

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2008, 10:42 PM
I really like it when Sox players prove people wrong.

That being said, the Sox bullpen sucks, othen than Linebrink and Jenks.

Time to call up Wassermann.

Jjav829
Woohoo! BA did something useful! :bandance:

I was really expecting Crede to end it with a walk-off on his birthday.

Madvora
You're full of **** and you know it. Ozzie does not hate Brian Anderson. In fact, I think I saw the biggest smile on Ozzie's face of anyone when he congratulated him.

Give it up.

JD will still be out, Brian will definitely be starting tomorrow. Would you like to put some money on it?
You're right, I am full of ****. Obviously that passed everyone by.

oeo
04-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Take it easy. I guess that's why teal is necessary on this site.

Yeah, it's necessary when there's a very good chance that someone would say that and be serious.

Of course it did. There are maniacs here that actually believe it.

Frater Perdurabo
Source?

www.ozziecandonowrong.com

Woofer
Great AB by BA. Solid way to win, though the bullpen nearly cost us another game.

LoveYourSuit
04-26-2008, 10:44 PM

Give it up.

Yup.

I think Paulie takes the day off again and Swish to 1B.

voodoochile
04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh now this post game thread is destined for greatness...

Only thing that prevents 3 tomatoes is the fact it's Saturday night and tomorrow is an afternoon game. :tongue:

I thought the comments from Hawk during the game were more telling. BA hasn't had many opportunities this season but he's not letting it get him down. He's staying focused, staying professional and waiting for opportunities. That's exactly what he needs to do to get more PT.

:winner

:supernana:

Jjav829

Totally. BA looked like crap (in his career) before that last at-bat. But now...HOF'er.

Add this one to the BA resume:
- Once hit 2 HRs off Felix Hernandez
- Walkoff single on April 26th.

:D::tongue:

delben91

Been there. It happens. I was the guy that "jokingly" said we should've used Buehrle's $56M for Colon during the opening day festivities and was told to slit my wrists.

Conclusion, always use teal.

Now then, heck of a 9th inning, both with Bobby escaping the jam, and with the offense finally not shooting itself in the foot. 8 walks by the O's and 8 hits for the Sox...should've been a lot more runs on that board.

Madvora
Yeah, it's necessary when there's a very good chance that someone would say that and be serious.

Of course it did. There are maniacs here that actually believe it.
I'm aware of that. That's why I said it.
He's obviously not getting sent down, but I'm not really sure about him getting the start though.

Brian26
04-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Nice job Brian!!

Great to see him battle after the 0-2 count and get it done! Hopefully this game does wonders for him.

That was a great at-bat. He held off on two pitches high and outside that I've seen him chase in the past to work the count to 2-2. He was able to get a piece of that tough inside pitch and foul it off. Then he sat on the fastball on 2-2 and won the game.

spongyfungy
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
what an at bat by BA. I don't know how he layed off that 0-2 pitch

Woofer
Totally. BA looked like crap before that last at-bat. But now...HOF'er.

Don't forget,
-Solid with glove in outfield

thomas35forever
I believe Brooks Boyer will declare tomorrow afternoon Brian Anderson Appreciation Day, featuring a pregame ceremony with many local and political celebrities and speeches from the notables that were present on the greatest of games.

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2008, 10:48 PM

BA had a nice game even before the last AB. First got an RBI double, then just missed another XBH by just a few feet.

I'm happy whenever the Sox win and whenever any player comes through in the clutch.

:)

Madvora
Anyway.... BA really looked good in that start. He's got a pretty big uppercut swing on those high pitches. Drove a couple to the track, just missed them. Also, covered a lot of ground on that one in the gap. It was just too far for him, but he really closed on it fast.

Optipessimism
Congrats to Brian!

He just needs some AB's, thats all. He can still become an above average starting CF. Hopefully he becomes the 4th OF over Alexei and Alexei gets everyday AB's in the minors.

oeo
04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
I hope them winning this game doesn't cause them to ignore the obvious issues in the bullpen. Wassermann, tonight, please.

Madvora
04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Congrats to Brian!

He just needs some AB's, thats all. He can still become an above average starting CF. Hopefully he becomes the 4th OF over Alexei and Alexei gets everyday AB's in the minors.
Or preferably at 2B.

voodoochile
04-26-2008, 10:50 PM

Actually, he had some nice swings early in the game. The first double was a straight up meatball that you could have driven to a gap, but the second one was down at the knees and he went and got it. He looked better at the plate than he has all year that's for sure.

oeo
04-26-2008, 10:50 PM

Let's be fair...he looked pretty damn good all game. This season, I can't say the same for, but today he looked like the guy in Spring Training.

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 10:51 PM
BA had a nice game even before the last AB. First got an RBI double, then just missed another XBH by just a few feet.

I'm happy whenever the Sox win and whenever any player comes through in the clutch.

Actually, he had some nice swings early in the game. The first double was a straight up meatball that you could have driven to a gap, but the second one was down at the knees and he went and got it. He looked better at the plate than he has all year that's for sure.

I meant in his career, not this game. I was just trying to bust Frater for his comment about this game proving anything. :smile:

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I hope them winning this game doesn't cause them to ignore the obvious issues in the bullpen. Wassermann, tonight, please.

Yes and yes.

Wassermann in the 7th; Linebrink in the 8th; Jenks in the 9th.

Then Ozzie can mix and match in the 6th inning.

Once Dye gets well, I would send Alexi down to Charlotte and go with eight relievers for this long stretch of upcoming games with just one off day, and most of the games on the road.

Tragg
04-26-2008, 10:52 PM

And a rbi double; and he drove one to the CF wall that was caught.

Certainly not the sterling credentials of a Uribe or Ramirez.

SluggersAway
04-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I believe Brooks Boyer will declare tomorrow afternoon Brian Anderson Appreciation Day, featuring a pregame ceremony with many local and political celebrities and speeches from the notables that were present on the greatest of games.

No doubt! Mayor Daly and Senator Obama are changing their schedules as we speak!

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
And a rbi double; and he drove one to the CF wall that was caught.

Certainly not the sterling credentials of a Uribe or Ramirez.

Once again, I meant for his career. Read my above post.

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
I meant in his career, not this game. I was just trying to bust Frater for his comment about this game proving anything. :smile:

BA only proved that he could win tonights game with a clutch base hit. I really think that there are some (not you) who are glad the Sox won, but are pissed that it was BA who won it. I'm here to bust their chops.

PeoriaSoxFan
04-26-2008, 10:56 PM
BA, seriously had a nice AB there. Like I said, he can tell his grandkids about that one......thanks to Boone Logan sucking like the rest of the pen. Thank God, we didn't get swept in a DH. Let's take the next two and get back to .600 baseball. I still believe in this team, but we need to start hitting for average and find that 3rd reliever!

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 10:57 PM
BA only proved that he could win tonights game with a clutch base hit. I really think that there are some (not you) who are glad the Sox won, but are pissed that it was BA who won it. I'm here to bust their chops.

Maybe. I'm glad for BA. Despite my thoughts that he's not very good, I kinda like him. I'm sure the hit tonight probably wouldn't have been bigger for anyone else on the team.

Navarro's Talent
04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm really happy they came back and won this game. If they lost, that would have been a really tough one. Maybe the way they won will spark the hitting.

Oh, and the relievers need to get it together.

spongyfungy
04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Brian Anderson gamewinner HDTV (http://www.mediafire.com/?n5zmxe19gje)

Tragg
04-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Once again, I meant for his career. Read my above post.
He hasn't much playing time since 2006. He had a great spring (and isn't a proven offensive basket case over a number of seasons, in contrast to others). He looked pretty good at the plate - hits or no hits, he looks like an improved hitter. But, I am sure he'll be entombed for another 2 weeks after tonight.

But the question remains - out of Uribe, Ramirez and Anderson, which 2 should play? Guillen treats Uribe like he's a 25 year old rookie (see comments in paper this morning ), but I'd say Ramirez and Anderson.

SluggersAway
04-26-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm sure the hit tonight probably wouldn't have been bigger for anyone else on the team.

Why is that a bad thing? A lot of people recognize BA's defense and want him to bring his bat around so he can contribute on both sides of the field.

kittle42
04-26-2008, 11:02 PM

It would help if I was a BA-hater. I would instead classify myself as a hater of BA lovers. Good game from him today, awesome in the 9th - if Dye is not back, he should start tomorrow.

However, Owens probably helps this team more simply by being able to PR.

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
www.ozziecandonowrong.com (http://www.ozziecandonowrong.com)

My internet browser is so convinced that statement is untrue it has refused to load the page:o::o::o:

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Why is that a bad thing? A lot of people recognize BA's defense and want him to bring his bat around so he can contribute on both sides of the field.

Huh? :?::?::?:

Where did I say it was a bad thing? :?::?::?:

SoxGirl4Life
04-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Macdougal sent down! :bandance:

I hope Wasserman is being called up

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Totally. BA looked like crap (in his career) before that last at-bat. But now...HOF'er.

don't be a butthead and spoil my moment :(:

can't you see I'm living high. First the Bears draft a RB I've never seen play, then the apple of my eye knocks in the winning run!

Or, in other words, :bandance::bandance::bandance:

kittle42
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM

These arguments based on one game are so stupid. It's the same thing as Uribe the other day going 2-for-5 with a big hit. All of a sudden, the "Uribe haters" get shelled. ONE GAME PROVES NOTHING. Uribe still sucks about a week later, doesn't he?

I wonder if there are "Mark Hendrickson haters" on the Marlins fan site who are getting reamed right now. When Hendrickson eventually has a 6 ERA, those people pointing to the game here and there when he played like a real major-leaguer will be the ones who were silly.

Hell, I wish Uribe, Anderson, and everyone else on this team who pretty much blows would play lights out every day. But it ain't gonna happen.

It's Dankerific
04-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Its moments like that clutch hit that should earn some playing time. Brian Anderson has been the good little boy in the corner, happy for his porridge... NOW he deserves his shot to at least move up the depth chart to 4th OF and spot starter.

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2008, 11:07 PM
It would help if I was a BA-hater. I would instead classify myself as a hater of BA lovers. Good game from him today, awesome in the 9th - if Dye is not back, he should start tomorrow.

However, Owens probably helps this team more simply by being able to PR.

So then send down Ramirez so he can play SS and lead off every day, so that the Sox can get a reasonable idea if he can be a viable MLB shortstop. They need to make this determination because Cabrera is a pending FA.

Really, I have no problem is BA is ONLY used as a defensive replacement for the entire season.

My problem was in 2006, when Ozzie continually insisted on using a poor defender - Mackowiak - in CF. That doesn't make me a BA lover.

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:07 PM
These arguments based on one game are so stupid. It's the same thing as Uribe the other day going 2-for-5 with a big hit. All of a sudden, the "Uribe haters" get shelled. ONE GAME PROVES NOTHING. Uribe still sucks about a week later, doesn't he?

I wonder if there are "Mark Hendrickson haters" on the Marlins fan site who are getting reamed right now. When Hendrickson eventually has a 6 ERA, those people pointing to the game here and there when he played like a real major-leaguer will be the ones who were silly.

Hell, I wish Uribe, Anderson, and everyone else on this team who pretty much blows would play lights out every day. But it ain't gonna happen.

you're just bitter that you were wrong a bout BA NOT being a HOFer

kittle42
04-26-2008, 11:08 PM

None of those people exist, and that is the fundamental problem with the "pro-insert-name-of-player-who-blows" club. The one out of ten times the player does something great, they are "right" and the people criticizing the player's sub-par baseball skills are "idiots rooting for that player to fail."

Grow up. We're all Sox fans.

Edit: not busting you, Frater...I know there is some sarcasm in there.

It's Dankerific
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM

When Anderson's sample size is 3 ****ing games, 1 game should mean something. The fact is that when he's the starting CF, we're at a .666 winning clip (Cue BA is the Devil comment). Why not see if that's an outlier or something close to what we can expect. I think we've won, what, 1 outta 5 with Lexi as starting CF? Whats wrong with BA being that 4th OF right now???

SluggersAway
04-26-2008, 11:11 PM
These arguments based on one game are so stupid.

I am pretty sure he is referencing Irishsox1 when he said "No way BA comes through" in the game thread right before he hit the winning single.

And all of those people thinking the same thing and did not have time to post...

Lip Man 1
04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm just happy they won the game. I don't care who was responsible.

Lip

fquaye149
None of those people exist, and that is the fundamental problem with the "pro-insert-name-of-player-who-blows" club. The one out of ten times the player does something great, they are "right" and the people criticizing the player's sub-par baseball skills are "idiots rooting for that player to fail."

Grow up. We're all Sox fans.

Edit: not busting you, Frater...I know there is some sarcasm in there.

That is absolute bull****.

There are a lot of people who are of the opinion that Anderson blows based on a lousy rookie year and a perceived attitude problem, and who would rather he weren't on the team and who will point this out in the midst of a rational discussion about the merits of Anderson and another currently ****ty young player (Ramirez, Owens)

Frater Perdurabo

I am reasonably sure that when BA came to the plate with two outs in the ninth, in your mind you EXPECTED him to fail. If so, he proved you wrong.

As for your last statement, I agree with you on Uribe. He has had over 3,000 MLB ABs and has demonstrated that he is a poor hitter. BA hasn't even had the equivalent of a full season of ABs (less than 450 for his career). Therefore, IMHO it's too early to determine that "it ain't gonna happen."

Jjav829
When Anderson's sample size is 3 ****ing games, 1 game should mean something. The fact is that when he's the starting CF, we're at a .666 winning clip (Cue BA is the Devil comment). Why not see if that's an outlier or something close to what we can expect. I think we've won, what, 1 outta 5 with Lexi as starting CF? Whats wrong with BA being that 4th OF right now???

:roflmao: :roflmao:

kittle42
04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
That is absolute bull****.

There are a lot of people who are of the opinion that Anderson blows based on a lousy rookie year and a perceived attitude problem, and who would rather he weren't on the team and who will point this out in the midst of a rational discussion about the merits of Anderson and another currently ****ty young player (Ramirez, Owens)

There is no one that exists on this site that is unhappy Brian Anderson won the game for the Sox tonight.

thomas35forever
04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
It's Dankerific loves Anderson as much as shoota hates Crede.

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:14 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao:

To be fair, some people use his 17 AB's against the best pitchers in the ALCentral in 2007 against him (HE ONLY HIT .160 in 2007 or whatever)

But also to be fair, BA's only hitting like .210 this year.

In short: 2005

soxinem1
04-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Take that, BA haters!

http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/harrelson.jpg

'I love BA!!!!!!'

fquaye149
There is no one that exists on this site that is unhappy Brian Anderson won the game for the Sox tonight.

I don't doubt that everyone on this site is happy the Sox won.

But there are people, I'm absolutely positive, who wish that anyone but BA would have got the winning hit--if for no other reason that they didn't want to see the "FOBA" gloat.

It's kind of like how every time Konerko gets a hit, I'm happy that the White Sox are benefitting but steam comes out my ears that it had to be that son of a bitch Paulie "I love Royce Klayton" Bonerko who got the hit.

Luckily that hasn't happened that much this year (Paulie getting hits, that is)

Soxman219
Glad we got the win tonight. It made up for the embrassment the first game. Our bullpen right now is shaky and I'm leaning towards to not trust Dotel anymore. That being said, Jenks gets two wins in a row and BA gets the game winning hit. IMO, I think he should get more chances on the field.
Let's get the win tomorrow.:smile:

Railsplitter
04-26-2008, 11:17 PM
If a guy is going to get only one hit, it might as well be one that scores a run.:bandance:

It's Dankerific
04-26-2008, 11:17 PM
It's Dankerific loves Anderson as much as shoota hates Crede.

Look, I just think that BA needs some rational people on his side. I've committed to keeping track of the BA split this year, good or bad. I'm not going to be upset when a player I'd like to see playing CF for my favorite team a) wins the game and b) positive things like "winning" happen when he's in the few games he's in. .666 winning percentage when starting, .700 when just in the game. Who knows how many games have been won because of his high fives on the bench!!!

SluggersAway
04-26-2008, 11:18 PM

They may not be unhappy, but they sure as hell wish it was 24 other players that won the game for the Sox including MacDougal!

whitesoxwilkes
Fun game to be at, even more fun having my boy BA drive home the winner.

Lost in all this Goldilocks hoopla is the fact that I can hear Frater cackling with glee over Konerko grounding into the 1-2-3 DP in the 6th. :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
Railsplitter:

BA has an RBI double earlier in the game.

Palehose Pete
04-26-2008, 11:19 PM
LOL! Love your BA stats line, Danerific.

oeo
04-26-2008, 11:19 PM
They may not be unhappy, but they sure as hell wish it was 24 other players that won the game for the Sox including MacDougal!

Yep. Ozzie wishes it was one of the Latin players, too. He said it in his post game press conference.

Noneck
04-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Yep. Ozzie wishes it was one of the Latin players, too. He said it in his post game press conference.
In jest, I hope.

fquaye149

Who said anything about Ozzie or Latinos?

Frater Perdurabo
Fun game to be at, even more fun having my boy BA drive home the winner.

Lost in all this Goldilocks hoopla is the fact that I can hear Frater cackling with glee over Konerko grounding into the 1-2-3 DP in the 6th. :cool:

I'm :rolling: at your comment!

Seriously, PK taking that 4-pitch walk was big in the 9th and I'm glad that PK is a sufficiently professional hitter to know that when his hitting stroke is crap, at least he can avoid swinging at obvious balls!

So, kudos to PK!

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Look, I just think that BA needs some rational people on his side. I've committed to keeping track of the BA split this year, good or bad. I'm not going to be upset when a player I'd like to see playing CF for my favorite team a) wins the game and b) positive things like "winning" happen when he's in the few games he's in. .666 winning percentage when starting, .700 when just in the game. Who knows how many games have been won because of his high fives on the bench!!!

Yep, that's some great rational. It's a good thing the Sox didn't lose today or the Sox would only be playing at a .333 clip when BA starts. And then he'd like really, really, really suck or something.

.700 clip when BA appears in the game. Note to Ozzie: Key to win. Make sure BA appears in the game.

Also, we're 11-5 with Terry Shea as our offensive coordinator.

It's Dankerific
04-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Yep, that's some great rational. It's a good thing the Sox didn't lose today or the Sox would only be playing at a .333 clip when BA starts. And then he'd like really, really, really suck or something.

.700 clip when BA appears in the game. Note to Ozzie: Key to win. Make sure BA appears in the game.

Ozzie doesnt like statistics.... :D:

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm :rolling: at your comment!

Seriously, PK taking that 4-pitch walk was big in the 9th and I'm glad that PK is a sufficiently professional hitter to know that when his hitting stroke is crap, at least he can avoid swinging at obvious balls!

So, kudos to PK!

You're a bigger man than me. That **** burned me up.

I was hoping not only that PK would strike out but also that his belt would snap and his pants fall down, humiliating him publicly

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:25 PM

I didn't think Terry Shea was all that bad except for the trust he put in Jonathan Quinn

Take that away, and he's...ok

It's Dankerific
04-26-2008, 11:25 PM
As for being rational:

If the BA haters can use his 2007 "season" of 17 at bats as "rational", so can actual true facts as listed in my .sig. I'd like to see your spin on the BA splits at the end of the year.

Some people prefer to use comments like "He sucks" or "He's Awesome". I choose to track wins and losses. You know, the things that determine if you make it to the playoffs or not.

voodoochile
04-26-2008, 11:26 PM

:hawk
"And here to lead off the game is Brian Anderson... No wait, Ozzie's signaling for a pinch hitter. Looks like Swisher will be in CF today after all."

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:27 PM
"And here to lead off the game is Brian Anderson... No wait, Ozzie's signaling for a pinch hitter. Looks like Swisher will be in CF today after all."

OMG DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN?

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 11:27 PM
I didn't think Terry Shea was all that bad except for the trust he put in Jonathan Quinn

Take that away, and he's...ok

I know it's a bit off topic, but imagine if the Bears brought back Terry Shea and his first year record as offensive coordinator, and combined him with Kyle Orton and his record as starter. Greatest offense in history? Can Brian Anderson and his .667 winning percentage play WR? :o:

thomas35forever
04-26-2008, 11:28 PM
The question is what would Anderson be doing in the leadoff spot anyway?

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:30 PM
I know it's a bit off topic, but imagine if the Bears brought back Terry Shea and his first year record as offensive coordinator, and combined him with Kyle Orton and his record as starter. Greatest offense in history? Can Brian Anderson and his .667 winning percentage play WR? :o:

[neckbeard joke goes here to prove I read Deadspin]

Bill Walsh said Terry Shea was one of the greatest OC he ever saw.

Then again, Bill Walsh said the best player in the 1998 draft was Brian Griese

So in other words...who do you start at QB?!?!?!

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 11:31 PM
As for being rational:

If the BA haters can use his 2007 "season" of 17 at bats as "rational", so can actual true facts as listed in my .sig. I'd like to see your spin on the BA splits at the end of the year.

Some people prefer to use comments like "He sucks" or "He's Awesome". I choose to track wins and losses. You know, the things that determine if you make it to the playoffs or not.

I like the addition of "clutch game-winning hits." But if you're going to make it fair and biased (if that is your goal), then shouldn't you also include "key strikeouts with RISP?" Or "wasted at-bats?" Or something tracking BA's career stats, because, you know, those do help determine wins and loses. But like I said, that's only if you want it to be an accurate reflection on everything BA does and not simply a reflection of everything positive BA does while you sweep the bad stuff under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.

Ziggy S
04-26-2008, 11:31 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/I%27m_RickJames_Bitch%21.jpg

Enjoy yourselves, bitches. IT'S A CELEBRATION!

voodoochile
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
The question is what would Anderson be doing in the leadoff spot anyway?

Appearing in the game to guarantee a .700 team win percentage... duh...

oeo
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM

I don't know, I'm thinking Rex Grossman would put it over the top. :rolleyes:

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Appearing in the game to guarantee a .700 team win percentage... duh...

to be fair Voodoo, a .700 winning percentage is pretty good for a team to have.

Do you really think we'll have a better than .700 winning pct with Swisher leading off?

Tragg
04-26-2008, 11:33 PM
yea, the Sox are so much better with Uribe swining in the 9 hole. Even though he's gone through entire seasons with obp under .300, he's just a "kid".

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I don't know, I'm thinking Rex Grossman would put it over the top. :rolleyes:

Rex Grossman doesn't "just win games." I'm looking for a team that just wins games.

voodoochile
04-26-2008, 11:34 PM
to be fair Voodoo, a .700 winning percentage is pretty good for a team to have.

Do you really think we'll have a better than .700 winning pct with Swisher leading off?

Only if he PH for BA in the first AB every game...

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Rex Grossman doesn't "just win games." I'm looking for a team that just wins games.

What's better though--

Kyle Orton who "just wins games"

or Brian Griese who "manages the game" and "lets the defense win it for us which is what the Bears are all about"?

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Only if he PH for BA in the first AB every game...

:hmm:

It's Dankerific
04-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I like the addition of "clutch game-winning hits." But if you're going to make it fair and biased (if that is your goal), then shouldn't you also include "key strikeouts with RISP?" Or "wasted at-bats?" Or something tracking BA's career stats, because, you know, those do help determine wins and loses. But like I said, that's only if you want it to be an accurate reflection on everything BA does and not simply a reflection of everything positive BA does while you sweep the bad stuff under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.

#1, Its a 2008 season only sort of thing.

For tracking "wasted at-bats" or key strikeouts or whatever, i'd be up for that except because of MLB extra innings and work, I can't always watch every game so I need things I can update off a box score or recap if necessary. I'd hate to miss a key K and then have all the statistics disparaged. If you can help come up with a reasonable "bad performance" measure, I'll gladly put it up. its not like i didnt update when the BA starts stat was 0-1

Ziggy S
04-26-2008, 11:40 PM

Alright, fair enough. However, then we should also tracks key popups and GIDP with RISP for Captain Paulie the Great and key K's for Big Jim as well by that standard.

BTW, I'm not an Anderson "lover" at all. With the way this lineup is constructed, he's beat out by better hitters and players in TCQ, Swish, and Dye at the outfield spots and does not have a place in the everyday starting lineup. However, he should be the 4th OF and get occasional starts in CD, while Alexei should not start in CF, again and should go down to AAA when Richar comes back and get some regular AB's and time at SS, so he can replace Cabrera when he leaves in Free Agency. Finally, no matter how "bad" his AB's were as a ROOKIE and the rare ones against tough lefties in the division in April '07, they never justified giving starts in CF to Macowiak, Erbad um Erstad, Luis Terrero, and Jerry "Not Jesse" Owens, period. That doesn't mean he should start over Swish. Like I said before, he does not have a place in a regular everyday lineup on this team.

Ziggy S
04-26-2008, 11:42 PM
What's better though--

or Brian Griese who "manages the game" and "lets the defense win it for us which is what the Bears are all about"?

You just gotta run da football and get dat Bear defense to pull it out at da end. Dat's what Bear Football is all about. It's da only way to win in Bear Weather, DER.

oeo
04-27-2008, 12:01 AM

Haha, he doesn't?

"We are __-__ with Rex as our quarterback."

Elephant
04-27-2008, 12:06 AM
What's better though--

**** the Bears.

****ing dinosaur franchise. **** Butkus too.

Jjav829
04-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Haha, he doesn't?

"We are __-__ with Rex as our quarterback."

Yeah, but when Rex wins games it's different. He makes plays and stuff and sometimes the defense bails him out or he throws INTs and crap. Orton though, well, he just manages the game and wins games.

Jjav829
04-27-2008, 12:11 AM
#1, Its a 2008 season only sort of thing.

For tracking "wasted at-bats" or key strikeouts or whatever, i'd be up for that except because of MLB extra innings and work, I can't always watch every game so I need things I can update off a box score or recap if necessary. I'd hate to miss a key K and then have all the statistics disparaged. If you can help come up with a reasonable "bad performance" measure, I'll gladly put it up. its not like i didnt update when the BA starts stat was 0-1

You could go with RISP or something. Or just keep track of his overall OPS. :shrug:

Alright, fair enough. However, then we should also tracks key popups and GIDP with RISP for Captain Paulie the Great and key K's for Big Jim as well by that standard.

We'll have a draft and everyone can track something in their sig.

oeo
04-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah, but when Rex wins games it's different. He makes plays and stuff and sometimes the defense bails him out or he throws INTs and crap. Orton though, well, he just manages the game and wins games.

Mmm...okay. That's different, how? They both "just win", except one of them often times gives you a chance to lose.

They both suck ass, so I'm not getting into this debate again. Especially in a Sox postgame thread. :o: So I quit.

Hitmen77
04-27-2008, 12:27 AM
BA had a great game.

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but in addition to his game winning hit and his double earlier in the game, BA just missed a HR too. He hit one to deep center that Jones leaped against the wall to catch.

Great to see it. I'm not a BA hater or BA apologist...I just want him to do well because that helps the Sox to be a better team.

hi im skot
04-27-2008, 12:49 AM
FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see BA come through in the clutch tonight. I still hate Boone Logan.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-27-2008, 12:55 AM

BTW, I'm not an Anderson "lover" at all. With the way this lineup is constructed, he's beat out by better hitters and players in TCQ, Swish, and Dye at the outfield spots and does not have a place in the everyday starting lineup. However, he should be the 4th OF and get occasional starts in CD, while Alexei should not start in CF, again and should go down to AAA when Richar comes back and get some regular AB's and time at SS, so he can replace Cabrera when he leaves in Free Agency. Finally, no matter how "bad" his AB's were as a ROOKIE and the rare ones against tough lefties in the division in April '07, they never justified giving starts in CF to Macowiak, Erbad um Erstad, Luis Terrero, and Jerry "Not Jesse" Owens, period. That doesn't mean he should start over Swish. Like I said before, he does not have a place in a regular everyday lineup on this team.

A rational post. I've always liked BA and wanted to see him succeed because I like to see a real centerfielder in CF. Trotting poor Mack out there drove me nuts.

Nice to see Brian get to be a hero.

ChiSoxGirl
04-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Man, what a game! I had a feeling that something great was in our future when Jenks got out of his jam in the top of the 9th.

I got a chance to take a closer look at the Championship Memories monument this afternoon and it's even more amazing than I initially thought! The detail on the entire thing is unbelievable.

And as a side note, this was my third game of the season and at none of those three games was the wind blowing less than 30 mph! I sure know how to pick 'em! :rolleyes:

Domeshot17
04-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Great Game, Anderson played great, he hit the ball hard 3 times.

Thats a big comeback win, lets win the series tomorrow!

RadioheadRocks
04-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Great Game, Anderson played great, he hit the ball hard 3 times.

Thats a big comeback win, lets win the series tomorrow!

I agree, although since it's a four game series a win tomorrow would only guarantee a split.

JB98
04-27-2008, 01:45 AM
This is the first big hit BA has had in a White Sox uniform since August 2006. Hopefully, this will cause him to gain confidence. That was a excellent at-bat, battling back from an 0-2 count to make solid contact. Thank goodness that ball found the hole between third and short.

We still need a reliever to step up and cover the seventh inning. Logan was just horrendous tonight. I thought Buehrle did a good job of battling. He did not have his best command, and the guys played ****ty defense behind him. Still, he got through six with a lead. Solid, but not great, outing for Mark.

Helluva job by Bobby to get out of that mess in the ninth. After Mora had that lucky-ass, exploding-bat infield single, I was worried the Orioles were going to get to him again.

UofCSoxFan
04-27-2008, 01:54 AM
As a person that has been vocal that TCQ, Swish, and Dye is our best outfield and I'd rather see BA as a late inning defensive sub, I am very happy for him. That at-bat has shown how far he has come from the last two years. After being down 0-2 in the past, there is no way he would have worked it to 2-2 let alone gotten a solid knock.

BA deserves to be on this team and should play a crticial role this year. I agree with giving him a start tomorrow, especially with Dye's injury and TCQ getting a little dinged up this game. Hopefully the fact he has shown he can come through in the clutch late will make Ozzie less hesitant to put him in late as a defensive sub (which he should be every time we have a lead in the 8th or later IMHO).