PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game One 4-26 Toby Hall was the offense today thread.

Navarro's Talent
04-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Not good. Toby with two hits, which was strange to see. Too bad his defense stunk.

Great game for Danks again.

Tragg
04-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Ugh.

Another demonstration of how chasing middle relievers is foolsgold - thankfully, we didn't give up talent.

Will the offensive philosophy of 2007 redux duo of Uribe/Ramirez be broken up for game 2?

Malgar 12
04-26-2008, 04:00 PM
AJ, Dye, Crede has been the most consistent hitters all year. Unfortunately two of the three were not playing today.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-26-2008, 04:02 PM
I just gotta hope this was an abberation. The offense can't possibly do a repeat of last year.:(: Or do young unknowns just kill us. Shouldn't someone be scouting this stuff.

Also, seem like our defense can look outstanding or horse****.

Get 'em tonight.

LoveYourSuit
04-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Control soft tossing pitchers will eat us alive, I have been saying this for a good 3 weeks now.

The approach from the offense needs to change on some of these guys, where is the hitting coach?

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Whenever AJ isn't in the lineup, things don't go well for this team offensively. It looks like Toby's having problems working with our bullpen especially, although Doltell looked like his usual self as well.

I hate it when we give up unearned runs!

turners56
04-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I know that A.J. shouldn't catch for both games in a double header, but seriously, with JD out of the lineup, he should play both games today. Danks got some bad calls in that sequence to Quiroz and Hall's terrible arm bounced a throw to second when Jones was a dead duck. The offense just looks dead, what pisses me off is that they finally got through in the 9th by just being patient and not trying to do too much (which they hadn't done the previous 8 frames). Hopefully, that can transition over to the night cap, this is one of those games where you just shake your head knowing that it was a more than winnable game. Danks wastes another masterful performance of his...

slowlearner
04-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Not like this loss falls on his shoulders alone, but something needs to be done about Dotel. Just abysmal.

LoveYourSuit
04-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Whenever AJ isn't in the lineup, things don't go well for this team offensively. It looks like Toby's having problems working with our bullpen especially, although Doltell looked like his usual self as well.

I hate it when we give up unearned runs!

I wish I can continue to point fingers at Uribe, Hall, etc.... 1,2,3,4 need to start pulling their weight and salaries. That group blows right now.

Lip Man 1
04-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow...what can you say...still ANOTHER mediocre left handed pitcher with a career ERA of 5.4 and a career losing record, completely bewitches, bothers and befuddles the White Sox offense.

I don't know how many times this is going to have to happen before the Sox follow Bill Melton's comments on the post game show from today.

"It's time" to make changes, shake things up and realize this is a problem and has been for at least five years (minus 2005).

What Melton said for those who didn't see was (and I'm paraphrasing) 'when you're not hitting, can't score runs and have no one who can steal bases you have to make changes."

Lip

Jurr
04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
What scares me is this - your offense will sometimes sputter, but your bullpen has to keep the team in games. If this game stayed 2-0, a win was attainable. Nope. A combination of bad D (defense and Dotel) destroyed the opportunity to win.

Terrible.

delben91
04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Danks wastes another masterful performance of his...

Danks didn't waste anything, the offense did.

I hate it when we score 0 runs (through 8 innings at least) and people blame the starting pitcher for the loss.

FourStarsTwoBars
04-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Good thing we scored that one run, a shutout would have been embarrassing

turners56
04-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Danks didn't waste anything, the offense did.

I hate it when we score 0 runs (through 8 innings at least) and people blame the starting pitcher for the loss.

That's kind of what I meant...but it was wasted. Last person I would blame today is Danks, he pitched great.

SoxSpeed22
04-26-2008, 04:22 PM
A new pitcher and a soft-tossing lefty. What did you expect?

Blueprint1
04-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Well, who expected this team to win two games in a row anyway? Seriously this team stinks right now. The players we acquired in the offseason are now playing like the ones we already had. Time to fire Walker. Jerry will never fire him because he wants to show the media who is right.

turners56
04-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, who expected this team to win two games in a row anyway? Seriously this team stinks right now. The players we acquired in the offseason are now playing like the ones we already had. Time to fire Walker. Jerry will never fire him because he wants to show the media who is right.

That's supposed to be teal right?

Jurr
04-26-2008, 04:49 PM
THANK GOD the AL Central has been doo-doo so far this year. The Sox have a LOT to figure out.

1. Is there a bullpen guy capable of helping out in the late innings? Where's Ehren Wasserman when you need him? Oh...Charlotte.
2. Why does the offense refuse to cut swings down when they're at home?

turners56
04-26-2008, 04:50 PM
THANK GOD the AL Central has been doo-doo so far this year. The Sox have a LOT to figure out.

1. Is there a bullpen guy capable of helping out in the late innings? Where's Ehren Wasserman when you need him? Oh...Charlotte.
2. Why does the offense refuse to cut swings down when they're at home?

Not for long, Cleveland is making a come back, they're up 3-0 against the pinstripes already.

BadBobbyJenks
04-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Its time for Greg Walker to go. This is beyond ridiculous, any left handed soft tosser will make us look silly.

mccoydp
04-26-2008, 05:19 PM
What a crap game; Danks pitched well though. Too bad he had to suck up an ineffective offense.

I'm off to go see some championship baseball between the Royals and the Blue Jays.

soltrain21
04-26-2008, 05:21 PM
That's supposed to be teal right?

The line about the free agents is spot on.

Stringer
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
I had a nice time at the game (section 117)

Its a long season and you're gonna have games like this

my attendance record plummets to 0-3

:(:

Max Power
04-26-2008, 06:28 PM
All the construction on the el allowed me really reflect on how bad that game was; it was the worst Sox performance I've ever seen in person. The offense was pathetic. Am I correct that we didn't get a runner past 2nd base until the 9th inning? The defense was bad. The relief pitching was on the verge of disaster several times, but miraculously only gave up 3 runs. Danks was very good so it wasn't a total loss. And I got to sit like 7 rows up from the dugout so that was pretty sweet.

Hitmen77
04-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I have been waiting since mid-2006 for the Sox offense to "put it together" for an extended period. Konerko and Thome were struggling...but now that they're coming around, Swisher and Cabrera's bats seem to have gone cold. Figures.

This offensive impotence at the hands of every new (to us) or unremarkable pitcher is beyond old. Players come and go and we have the same problem. 1/3 of our regular lineup is new in '08 and we are still totally shut down by these guys. :angry::angry::angry: