PDA

View Full Version : Danks to start day game, Masset the night game tomorrow

Scottiehaswheels
04-26-2008, 02:26 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2008_04_26_balmlb_chamlb_1&mode=preview

doublem23
04-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Does this mean Buehrle's not going to pitch again until his next turn in the rotation?

If so... Lame.

Navarro's Talent
04-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Well, Masset was good last season when asked to start. Let's hope that continues this year.

Scottiehaswheels
04-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Does this mean Buehrle's not going to pitch again until his next turn in the rotation?

If so... Lame.Probable pitchers has him going against ? on Monday.

doublem23
04-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Probable pitchers has him going against ? on Monday.

Yeah, I just read something from Don Cooper.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ausl46va_F.DqExE..kkPOUU0bYF?slug=ap-orioles-whitesoxppd&prov=ap&type=lgns

thomas35forever
04-26-2008, 03:16 AM
By the time Buehrle pitches next, he'll have thrown just one inning in almost two weeks.:o:

JermaineDye05
04-26-2008, 03:25 AM
By the time Buehrle pitches next, he'll have thrown just one inning in almost two weeks.:o:

I'm sure they'll have him throwing in the bullpen tomorrow, that is if he wasn't throwing on the side today. Nothing like a game though.

SoxGirl4Life
04-26-2008, 06:46 AM

It was a good inning! :wooty:

I did also hear that he's going to start on Monday, tho. So it will only be 9 days between starts

turners56
04-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I think Buehrle should be pitching the first game, he threw 6 pitches last night. Plus, it's Mark Buehrle, the guy's arm doesn't seem to care whatsoever. I really don't like the fact that Masset is starting, he's pitched alright out of the bullpen, but I don't really know how far he can go as a starter. If he can get 5 innings tonight, it'll be good enough for me. But then again, who's going to pitch the 6th if Masset isn't there in the bullpen? Might as well hope that Danks goes the distance in game 1.

sox1970
04-26-2008, 11:25 AM
I think Buehrle should be pitching the first game, he threw 6 pitches last night. Plus, it's Mark Buehrle, the guy's arm doesn't seem to care whatsoever. Plus, I really don't like the fact that Masset is starting, he's pitched alright out of the bullpen, but I don't really know how far he can go as a starter. If he can get 5 innings tonight, it'll be good enough for me. But then again, who's going to pitch the 6th if Masset isn't there in the bullpen? Might as well hope that Danks goes the distance in game 1.

They're going to need Masset because of the rainout no matter what. Makes sense to give Buehrle a few days to pitch on what would have been his side day. He'll still get the same amount of starts before the AS break.

Now they can break up Danks and Buehrle too.

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I think Buehrle should be pitching the first game, he threw 6 pitches last night. Plus, it's Mark Buehrle, the guy's arm doesn't seem to care whatsoever. I really don't like the fact that Masset is starting, he's pitched alright out of the bullpen, but I don't really know how far he can go as a starter. If he can get 5 innings tonight, it'll be good enough for me. But then again, who's going to pitch the 6th if Masset isn't there in the bullpen? Might as well hope that Danks goes the distance in game 1.

Buehrle going on back-to-back days? No. It's not just about the 6 pitches he threw in the game, it's about all the pitches he threw to warm up before the game. To ask him to then do the same thing and try to pitch 6 innings less than 24 hours later is ridiculous.

turners56
04-26-2008, 11:28 AM
They're going to need Masset because of the rainout no matter what. Makes sense to give Buehrle a few days to pitch on what would have been his side day. He'll still get the same amount of starts before the AS break.

Now they can break up Danks and Buehrle too.

But say Masset gives the Sox 3 or 4 innings, is MacDougal going to end up pitching the middle innings? That's what I'm worried about, the bullpen is going to get a lot of workload. That's why Danks has to have a great game in the first half of the double header. I don't want the bullpen pitching 11 innings today.

sox1970
04-26-2008, 11:31 AM
But say Masset gives the Sox 3 or 4 innings, is MacDougal going to end up pitching the middle innings? That's what I'm worried about, the bullpen is going to get a lot of workload. That's why Danks has to have a great game in the first half of the double header. I don't want the bullpen pitching 11 innings today.

The way Danks is pitching, I'm not worried about it. Makes sense to pitch Danks in Game 1. If they have to overuse the bullpen in Game 1, then Masset is going to have to "take one for the team" tonight. Could be an ugly Game 2, but we'll see what happens.

turners56
04-26-2008, 11:35 AM
The way Danks is pitching, I'm not worried about it. Makes sense to pitch Danks in Game 1. If they have to overuse the bullpen in Game 1, then Masset is going to have to "take one for the team" tonight. Could be an ugly Game 2, but we'll see what happens.

Or he could give us the Minnesota performance again...oh well, let's see what happens. Masset was an okay spot starter last year.

JorgeFabregas
04-26-2008, 11:39 AM
After previously reporting that MB would pitch on Monday, WSCR just said Masset has been bumped and MB will pitch the night game today.

fquaye149
04-26-2008, 11:51 AM
ho-hum

turners56
04-26-2008, 11:53 AM
After previously reporting that MB would pitch on Monday, WSCR just said Masset has been bumped and MB will pitch the night game today.

Burress (the starter last night) is pitching the first game, don't really see a reason for Buehrle not to start tonight if the opposing team is starting their guy from the night before.

turners56
04-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Buehrle going on back-to-back days? No. It's not just about the 6 pitches he threw in the game, it's about all the pitches he threw to warm up before the game. To ask him to then do the same thing and try to pitch 6 innings less than 24 hours later is ridiculous.

Burress is doing it...and it appears Mark will pitch.

Jjav829
04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Burress is doing it...and it appears Mark will pitch.

Oh, well if Burress is doing it...:?::smile:

I don't agree with the decision, but I assume they waited to see how Buehrle felt today and he felt like he could pitch. So if Buehrle feels like he can go, then hopefully it works out.

sox1970
04-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Lance Broadway on Monday? :scratch:

delben91
04-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Lance Broadway on Monday? :scratch:

Why? If Buehrle goes tonight, then everyone else takes their regular turn.

sox1970
04-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Why? If Buehrle goes tonight, then everyone else takes their regular turn.

If they don't use Broadway or Masset, then somebody is pitching on three days rest on Wednesday.

If they have to use Masset today or tomorrow out of the pen, then I think Broadway is a possibility for Monday.

Sockinchisox
04-26-2008, 01:46 PM
If they don't use Broadway or Masset, then somebody is pitching on three days rest on Wednesday.

If they have to use Masset today or tomorrow out of the pen, then I think Broadway is a possibility for Monday.

They said on the pre-game that Vazquez is going on Monday.

sox1970
04-26-2008, 01:50 PM
They said on the pre-game that Vazquez is going on Monday.

Ok. Still going to need someone on Tuesday or Wednesday in Minnesota then. Thought they might save Vazquez for the division opponent.

oeo
04-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Ok. Still going to need someone on Tuesday or Wednesday in Minnesota then. Thought they might save Vazquez for the division opponent.

Coop has mentioned that Vazquez is the one guy in the rotation that is on a strict routine. That's a big reason they've had to do all the re-arranging early on.

RichFitztightly
04-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Update... I've heard on Comcast that Buerhle is pitching the night-cap

Frater Perdurabo
04-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Update... I've heard on Comcast that Buerhle is pitching the night-cap

Tribune confirms this.

WhiteSox5187
04-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Tribune confirms this.
Hmmm...well, hopefully he'll pitch like Burress is right now.

peeonwrigley
04-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Article on tonight's game (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080426&content_id=2591777&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

MB texted Ozzie telling him he wanted the start.

turners56
04-26-2008, 04:45 PM
That's Mark Buehrle for you, just like when he wanted to pitch relief in game 3 of the WS (he walked up to Cooper in the 7th and talked about it), the guy's dedicated to the team.