PDA

View Full Version : It looks like Cliff Lee has figured some things out

PorkChopExpress
04-25-2008, 11:22 AM
He had a great year in '05 and I wondered what happened to him after that. I just took a look at his numbers so far this year. Wow.

31.2 IP, 11H, 1ER, 29SO, 2BB = 0.28 ERA. Obviously I doubt he can keep that up for the whole year, but talk about a great start to the season.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
He had a great year in '05 and I wondered what happened to him after that. I just took a look at his numbers so far this year. Wow.

31.2 IP, 11H, 1ER, 29SO, 2BB = 0.28 ERA. Obviously I doubt he can keep that up for the whole year, but talk about a great start to the season.

Cliff Lee has been lights out. Yesterday he and Brian Bannister faced off in a Buehrle-esque game that lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes.

palehozenychicty
04-25-2008, 03:20 PM
It further illustrates the point that you can't give up on everybody these days. Some guys just need time. Hopefully, he doesn't hurt us in future matchups.

TDog
04-25-2008, 05:27 PM
How many people expected Lee to be this good while Sabathia has been so bad. Things have sort of evened out in the pitching department for the Indians.

soxinem1
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Cliff Lee has been lights out. Yesterday he and Brian Bannister faced off in a Buehrle-esque game that lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Funny you mention Bannister, as Cliff Lee sort of reminds me of Brian's Dad Floyd and former MLB pitcher Matt Young; guys who has had flashes of brilliance, really good stuff, but never seemed to have the consistency they should have.

While Lee has a decent W-L record, he's played for mostly winning teams; Young and Bannister played for many losers.

But for all of them, just when you though they would turn the corner, they would get hammered.

For the Sox sake, hopefully Lee will get caught up to eventually.