PDA

View Full Version : Dye Injury?

sox230
04-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Anybody know the extent of Dye's injury and/or how long he might be out?? If he is out I would personally liked to see owens called up and start in center, with swish in left....this way swisher can move lower in the order and we can have some speed....but we all know alexei will play in center, moving uribe back in the lineup....this injury better not last long

Scottiehaswheels
04-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Anybody know the extent of Dye's injury and/or how long he might be out?? If he is out I would personally liked to see owens called up and start in center, with swish in left....this way swisher can move lower in the order and we can have some speed....but we all know alexei will play in center, moving uribe back in the lineup....this injury better not last longTweaked groin muscle they say... I would guess he'll be back out there on Monday.

chisoxfanatic
04-25-2008, 02:07 AM
I'd imagine the injury happened when he was sliding into home in the 4th. Hopefully Hermie is able to get him on the field in due time.

Nellie_Fox
04-25-2008, 02:26 AM
I'd imagine the injury happened when he was sliding into home in the 4th. Hopefully Hermie is able to get him on the field in due time.That was an awkward-looking slide.

WhiteSox5187
04-25-2008, 02:41 AM
DJ said he was listed as day to day. I hope he's back soon, but doesn't try and rush it.

thomas35forever
04-25-2008, 02:44 AM
Ozzie said in the postgame conference that Dye'll sit tomorrow. Look for Ramirez to get a few starts in center this weekend.

mweflen
04-25-2008, 02:55 AM
I'm wondering if they'll try to get BA some starts, too. Which is not to say I don't prefer Alexei. 'Cause I do. If I watch BA whiff at one more breaking ball in the dirt, my TV is in danger of flying remotes.

Jaffar
04-25-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm wondering if they'll try to get BA some starts, too. Which is not to say I don't prefer Alexei. 'Cause I do. If I watch BA whiff at one more breaking ball in the dirt, my TV is in danger of flying remotes.

As much as I like BA I'd have to agree, I think he needs to play every day and that isn't going to happen on this team since there are guys getting it done in front of him.

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm OK with BA being the fourth outfielder. His defense is just what is needed in that role.

Ramirez, OTOH, needs to get ABs every day. That won't happen on the Sox this season. He should be leading off and playing SS every day for Charlotte, because the Sox need to know if he can be a legit MLB SS in 2009, in the event that Cabrera leaves.

Lukin13
04-25-2008, 09:06 AM
That was an awkward-looking slide.

The only time Dye doesn't look awkward these days, is when he is swinging the bat.

Heffalump
04-25-2008, 09:11 AM
The only time Dye doesn't look awkward these days, is when he is swinging the bat.

I don't know what guy you are talking about....Dye may be getting older but he is still an above average RF. Did you see that throw to third a few days ago? He still has a cannon. His range may have decreased a bit, but he still gets great jumps on the ball, goes back to the wall for balls much better than most, and knows when to dive/when not to dive.

eriqjaffe
04-25-2008, 09:39 AM
DJ said he was listed as day to day.:farmer
"Aren't we all?"

asindc
04-25-2008, 09:57 AM
:farmer
"Aren't we all?"

You beat me to it!:smile:

jabrch
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
I'd like to see BA get three straight starts. Not sure how well that would go - but I'd like to see it.

jenn2080
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM

How many times have you actually seen him at the plate this year? 10 times?

I'd like to see BA get three straight starts. Not sure how well that would go - but I'd like to see it.

Me too:bandance::bandance:

Flight #24
04-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Give BA 3 starts in CF, give Ramirez 2 at 2B. Then if you must, give Paulie/Thome a day off and you can shift Alexei to the OF for a day (Swish to 1B/DH).

SOXPHILE
04-25-2008, 10:54 AM
There's never a good time for an injury, but if he is going to be out for a bit, I'm glad it's against the raging suck fest that is Baltimore Orioles baseball (even though they are doing O.K. for the moment). In theory at least, the Sox should take 3 of 4 from these guys.

twsoxfan5
04-25-2008, 11:55 AM
How many times have you actually seen him at the plate this year? 10 times?

Does that matter? Every time this guy gets in a game he looks lost offensively. And I know part of that is not getting to play all the time, but he has never proven himself when he has been given a chace. I don't get why people still want to see him play all the time.

kittle42
04-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Does that matter? Every time this guy gets in a game he looks lost offensively. And I know part of that is not getting to play all the time, but he has never proven himself when he has been given a chace. I don't get why people still want to see him play all the time.

Shhh! There's nothing wrong with having 2 automatic outs at the 8 and 9 spots (oh, and 3 the day Ozzie plays Hall).

oeo
04-25-2008, 12:21 PM
There's never a good time for an injury, but if he is going to be out for a bit, I'm glad it's against the raging suck fest that is Baltimore Orioles baseball (even though they are doing O.K. for the moment). In theory at least, the Sox should take 3 of 4 from these guys.

The O's are playing better than the Yankees were coming into that series. Let's not underestimate anyone.

It has nothing to do with the team they are, just how they're playing. We caught the Tigers at a good time, we're catching the Orioles at a bad time.

hawkjt
04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
I agree about the O's...I would rather play a first place team going bad than a last place team that is hot. That blown save by Bobby gave the Os some juice and they have won 4 of 6. Frankly, I am very nervous about this series..Daniel Cabrera can be lights out and we get him on Monday.
And clearly, they have Bobby's number...the only team in the league that does,imo. So, no lead is safe. If the sox can get 3 of 4 , I will be pleased.

The Dude
04-25-2008, 02:28 PM

Exactly. He plays the field horribly, he runs the bases terribly, and he slides horrendously! He also doesn't seem to hit well with men on base. The only time he is very useful is when the sacks are empty and there is no pressure on him.
I wish we could use his money for Crede to keep him around but that is not an option.

tstrike2000
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
The O's are playing better than the Yankees were coming into that series. Let's not underestimate anyone.

It has nothing to do with the team they are, just how they're playing. We caught the Tigers at a good time, we're catching the Orioles at a bad time.

True and if Jermaine is out for the O's series, hopefully it doesn't put our offense into Dye'r straights.

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Exactly. He plays the field horribly, he runs the bases terribly, and he slides horrendously! He also doesn't seem to hit well with men on base. The only time he is very useful is when the sacks are empty and there is no pressure on him.
I wish we could use his money for Crede to keep him around but that is not an option.

I would support trading either Dye or Paulie to help afford Crede.

Lukin13
04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I don't know what guy you are talking about....Dye may be getting older but he is still an above average RF. Did you see that throw to third a few days ago? He still has a cannon. His range may have decreased a bit, but he still gets great jumps on the ball, goes back to the wall for balls much better than most, and knows when to dive/when not to dive.

You are dead wrong.

JD is definitely in the bottom half of right fielders in baseball.

Feel free to list the 18 or 20 that he is better than, if you disagree.

BUT

JD actually looks worse than he really is, that is all I was pointing out.

Dude looks fragile.

Heffalump
04-25-2008, 04:48 PM
You are dead wrong.

JD is definitely in the bottom half of right fielders in baseball.

Feel free to list the 18 or 20 that he is better than, if you disagree.

BUT

JD actually looks worse than he really is, that is all I was pointing out.

Dude looks fragile.

I appreciate that you will allow me to list the ones that he is better than. How about you take the time to list the 18 0r 20 that he is worse than?

So why exactly do you think Dye is so bad? Just because you say so, does not make it so. How about some examples of plays where he has killed us?

Do you disagree that he still has a cannon?

The guy is getting old and declining, but there is no way he is in the bottom of the RF in baseball. He gets to all the balls that he should get to and will occasionally make a great catch as well. Just because he doesn’t “look” smooth doing it, doesn’t mean he is bad.

Just another case of a ‘the grass is always greener’ Sox fan.

Tragg
04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Give BA 3 starts in CF, give Ramirez 2 at 2B.
I agree that that's the best team/player development option.

But there is no way that Uribe, the last of the veterans who hit Ozzie-style, is leaving the lineup on a regular basis. If a young player was hitting like Uribe, Ozzie would be yakking and cat-calling about it.